HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers sign Lundqvist, Jessiman

Closed Thread

Old
07-29-2005, 06:20 PM
ranger108218

vCash: 500
Rangers sign Lundqvist, Jessiman

http://www.msgnetwork.com/content_news.jsp?articleID=v0000msgn20050729T22363 4690&newsgroup=ap.sportsml.columnist.article&sport s=ice-hockey&team=Rangers&league=nhl

Old
07-29-2005, 06:26 PM
DarthSather99

woohoo ...great to hear ...Welcome Lundy and Jessiman....

WOW ...Jessiman is 6-foot-6 & 226-pounds now.

Old
07-29-2005, 06:41 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Old
07-29-2005, 06:45 PM
dumpsathernow*

Jessiman is a good reason why you don't take small forwards with the 10th pick. He will be 240 one day

Old
07-29-2005, 06:51 PM
CJB

I hope he develops a nasty edge to his arsenal. Sort of like what Holik have..

Old
07-29-2005, 06:51 PM
ranger108218

In this interview with sather he says lundy,montoya,blackburn,labs,and a FA goalie will all fight it out for the starting job
mms://msgvox2.cv.net/msgnetwork.com/07_2005/sather729.asf

Old
07-29-2005, 06:53 PM
Kovy274Hart

Send a message via AIM to Kovy274Hart
Wow. What happened to this place? Liked the old format better. Maybe it's out.

Uh... I think it's good they got both Lundqvist and Jessiman signed. It's been a good few days for the Rangers. Buying out Holik. Signing top prospects. Gotta feel encouraged.

It's nice that Jessiman could be so big. But size isn't everything. It's what he does with it. Hopefully, that bad ankle from last fall won't hinder him.

Old
07-29-2005, 06:55 PM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 674
yes

I don't know why no one pointed this out yet...but the Rangers bought out HOLIK today...it's all over TSN.CA.

I think these moves are showing us where the team is really heading. The Rangers are finallly willing to part with the OLD and get with the NEW! I think this season will be VERY exciting even if the Rangers don't make the playoffs...because we'll see guys like Jessiman,Montoya,Lundqvist and others fighting for jobs!

for the first time in a while I can say it...

LETS GO RANGERS!!!

Old
07-29-2005, 06:56 PM
dumpsathernow*

Any remember the last time we had a forward who could stand in front and actually score without getting a bad back?

Graves played tough but I question how he would do now since defenseman have gotten so much bigger.

Old
Brooklyn Ranger

Why feel encouraged Kovy274hart

All of the things you mention (buying out Holik, signing Jessiman, Lundqvist, Montoya and Kozak) were all no brainers.

The real work is still to come.

Old
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
The boards were slimmed down to this lite version because of the heavy site traffic due to the draft, buyouts, UFA signings, etc.

Old
07-29-2005, 06:59 PM
Kovy274Hart

Send a message via AIM to Kovy274Hart
Ah ok. Just checking.

happy made a good point about Graves. He could work with Jessiman on positioning.

Old
07-29-2005, 07:00 PM
ranger108218

It sounds like sather finially gets it. In the interview he was talking about how the rangers need to keep cap space open for months/years down the road when players in their prime start hitting teh FA market. Admitted that holik was overpayed for what he brought to the ice. Maybe this really is the turnaround point for the org.

Old
07-29-2005, 07:01 PM
HF_Rangers

Good to see some smart moves by the Rangers.

I liked Holik as a Ranger, but it was a no-brainer to drop his salary, especially in the new salary cap era. Keeping Kaspar is good because he's been solid as a Ranger, and was our best defenseman last year.

The youth movement is in full swing now, time to look ahead to tomorrow's draft.

Old
07-29-2005, 07:52 PM
NYC Aim 4588

vCash:
Great news I look fwd to hearuing and watching these guys grow to great NYR prospects, maybe not great players but great players for NYR. I am glad to see Lundqvist will be here , also glad for Jessiman hjust not as glad as Lunds.

Its good to see a player from Europe being brought over that seems to be a common problem getting these Euro player over to N.A..

Wow , i never thought I would say this but good work Sather getting Montoya ( Over rated ), Jessiman and Lunds signed.

Nowit seems almost amust to get Immonen over he will be needed as NYR is weak at center.

Old
07-29-2005, 07:58 PM
NYC Aim 4588

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyrangerfan
Jessiman is a good reason why you don't take small forwards with the 10th pick. He will be 240 one day

HUH, so you are saying that because you get a top 1st round pick that you must pick someone because they are big, no, once again " you are totaly wrong " you take the best player available.

Wow man just reading some of your posts of late , I dont understand the way you utilize things, just a bit wierd if thats the right way to put it.

Old
07-29-2005, 08:01 PM
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
We got Bruce Graham in the 2nd round no? Isn't he the same size or BIGGER than Jessiman?

Old
07-29-2005, 08:05 PM
NYC Aim 4588

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu3shirt
We got Bruce Graham in the 2nd round no? Isn't he the same size or BIGGER than Jessiman?

Yeah he is basically the exact same size just may weigh less like 6'6" and 220 or something like that. So I guess happy ranger thinks we shouldnt have picked Korpikoski, NYR should hvae picked Graham because he got some good skills and he is VERY BIG AND WIEGHS ALOT. Damn was Sather and CO thinking.

Plus the wierd thing with Sather is I dont think he picks just upon skill I think he would rather pick a guy with less skill but more size,then the overall better player, thats just IMO. Sather and Happy ranger fan you 2 seem like a perfect pair, pick bug , forget about talent.

Old
07-29-2005, 09:11 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Aim 4588

HUH, so you are saying that because you get a top 1st round pick that you must pick someone because they are big, no, once again " you are totaly wrong " you take the best player available.

Wow man just reading some of your posts of late , I dont understand the way you utilize things, just a bit wierd if thats the right way to put it.

I think with all things being equal you then divert to size as the determining factor but you don't take a Bobby Ryan over a Sidney Crosby or Joe Finley over Jack Johnson..

Old
07-29-2005, 09:23 PM
Levitate

jessiman has a ton more talent than graham. he has a ton of talent in general...i don't know if it's worth saying he's a reason to pick size in the top 10...great players can be great no matter what size they are, but if polishes up his game and reaches his potential, jessiman will be better and more valuable than a guy with equal amount of talent but smaller in size. that's why size is always a consideration. you see a big guy who skates good and has nice talent...the upside is higher than a smaller guy

great news on both of them getting signed though. ultimately i think jessiman's game will progress more from turning pro...i think going back to school would have helped him get back into the swing of things after missing most of a season, but it wouldn't have progressed his game as much

Old
07-30-2005, 01:30 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate
jessiman has a ton more talent than graham. he has a ton of talent in general...i don't know if it's worth saying he's a reason to pick size in the top 10...great players can be great no matter what size they are, but if polishes up his game and reaches his potential, jessiman will be better and more valuable than a guy with equal amount of talent but smaller in size. that's why size is always a consideration. you see a big guy who skates good and has nice talent...the upside is higher than a smaller guy

great news on both of them getting signed though. ultimately i think jessiman's game will progress more from turning pro...i think going back to school would have helped him get back into the swing of things after missing most of a season, but it wouldn't have progressed his game as much
Glad he's signed. We might need some patience with him. He missed last season more or less and big player that he is sometimes they take a bit longer to put their game together.

Old
07-30-2005, 07:14 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

His missing last year has

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones
Glad he's signed. We might need some patience with him. He missed last season more or less and big player that he is sometimes they take a bit longer to put their game together.
set his development back a year. Hopefully he will not press, but take measured steps and understand that he first has to get adjusted to the pro game, it's travel and life style. Those are huge factors to consider. If all goes well, maybe by the 1st of the year he will get a look see and both the organization and we can get a feel for where he is in his development and if he is ready for the big apple.

Closed Thread