HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Salute to Rico

Old
03-13-2011, 10:23 PM
La Cosa Nostra
Eichel welcome 2 BUF

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
Word to jflory, Butler was a beast tonight. Always in the right position and seems to be growing into a physical game. The open ice hit he had on Neil should've been the Carubba and neither one of his penalties was a good call.
I thought Butler was horrid with two terrible penalties.I loved how Ennis had the same goal celebration for both goals. Connolly was stellar, made some real slick moves, he will bury them soon enough... Hopefully redeems himself in the postseason.

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 10:37 PM
HogtownSabresfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieBisco View Post
I thought Butler was horrid with two terrible penalties.I loved how Ennis had the same goal celebration for both goals. Connolly was stellar, made some real slick moves, he will bury them soon enough... Hopefully redeems himself in the postseason.
With ya. No matter how well you play rest of way, two dumb penalties that could have killed us negates it. Still like the way Butler is playing most nights.

HogtownSabresfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 11:23 PM
umwoz

Good: Ennis' top shelf goal, breaking the lid off Anderson's bottle. I haven't seen one shelfed like that in a long time.

umwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 12:12 AM
goldstandard

R I P #7

goldstandard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 07:52 AM
Burgmania
PA Guy Of The Future

Send a message via AIM to Burgmania Send a message via MSN to Burgmania
U: Anderson's water bottle after Ennis sniped it from 20'. Hot damn, what a shot.

Burgmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 08:01 AM
Amd

I am so truly saddened by this. RIP Rico. Thanks for being my child hood idle.

Amd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 09:29 AM
OkimLom

Ennis' 2nd goal was FILTHY. It was sick how fast he stick handled then decided to toe-drag the puck literally just before he shot top corner. Not many guys can do what he did.

OkimLom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 10:46 AM
HogtownSabresfan

Quote from Ottawa Citizen reporter story:

why Buffalo coach Lindy Ruff started Jhonas Enroth, who has now been in only eight games this season, instead of star goalie Ryan Miller was more than a little puzzling, but you don't really want to think about what goes on in the mind of a NHL coach.

Sometimes these guys are so lazy. Do a little research. He can't start every game and Ottawa is the worst team in the conference. It was Leafs or Ottawa for Enroth.

Old
03-14-2011, 10:51 AM
Montag DP
Sabres fan in...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogtownSabresfan View Post

why Buffalo coach Lindy Ruff started Jhonas Enroth, who has now been in only eight games this season, instead of star goalie Ryan Miller was more than a little puzzling, but you don't really want to think about what goes on in the mind of a NHL coach.

Sometimes these guys are so lazy. Do a little research. He can't start every game and Ottawa is the worst team in the conference. It was Leafs or Ottawa for Enroth.
Seriously. It's the second game of a back-to-back, an early game, even earlier because of the DST switch, and Ottawa is terrible. What better time would there be to play him?

Montag DP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 12:21 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogtownSabresfan View Post

Apparently Panzari thinks it's still 2007 and the (29th place) Sens deserved Miller...?

03-14-2011, 12:28 PM
CelticSabre
aka MillerTime

If anyone posted on here at the beginning of the season that the Sabres would win 5 of 6 games against the Sens would anyone have believed them??

Wow didn't think I would ever see this, even with the Sens being as bad as they are.

CelticSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 12:49 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
If anyone posted on here at the beginning of the season that the Sabres would win 5 of 6 games against the Sens would anyone have believed them??

Wow didn't think I would ever see this, even with the Sens being as bad as they are.
You take out Spezza out of yesterdays line-up and I bet Portland would give them a run for thier money.

JOHNBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 12:54 PM
HogtownSabresfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Apparently Panzari thinks it's still 2007 and the (29th place) Sens deserved Miller...?
That's just such lazy journalism. Other media always misreport stuff out of Buffalo, like this idea that the Sabres aren't even close to the cap. That's my favourite.
Pegula's name has barely registered an inch of print in the Toronto media. First major exposure was on CBC other night.
I want to see the Sabres sign Richards desperately, just for the shock factor. It'll be like WTF on July 1, Sabres are signing players.

Old
03-14-2011, 01:46 PM
Husko

vCash: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post

And then if you added, despite this fact, that they would just be fighting for a playoff spot... haha.

Husko is offline   Reply With Quote