HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

#68: Thrashers @ Flyers - Saturday, Mar. 12, 2011 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Old
03-14-2011, 12:19 PM
Cartsiephan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan187 View Post
I am just glad this funk is happening now and not during the playoffs. Stupid all-star break
Dec/Jan-March, they have not been playing consistent for almost 50% of the season. Maybe people will look at wins and losses and say that a team belongs, but a team develops a character during the regular season.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 12:22 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Yes/No... tough to compare the two rosters with the addition of Pronger (Stevens only got him for the first half of last year). The reality is that if Emery hadn't had his hip die on him, Stevens probably wouldn't have been fired last year.
If Emery had stayed healthy it may have helped to extend his stay, but eventually that team would have met its maker under Stevens. GM's and fans alike do not like it when teams go into 10 game slumps and play like they do not care. I am not sure even with Emery that they would have made the playoffs under Stevens, he let the young guns run the show.

Old
03-14-2011, 12:26 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Yes, and they've done better under one of those coaches.
Until the recent turn of events I would say yes, but once the coach took the bullet for this team they have not showed a huge increase in energy or more consistent play as far as I can tell.

Old
03-14-2011, 12:36 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Ah, yes, right. I actually think they were connected... but forgot that the original problem was different.
Niittymaki had abdominal surgery before his hip surgery too didnt he? obviously Niittymaki's case is different.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 01:46 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
If Emery had stayed healthy it may have helped to extend his stay, but eventually that team would have met its maker under Stevens. GM's and fans alike do not like it when teams go into 10 game slumps and play like they do not care. I am not sure even with Emery that they would have made the playoffs under Stevens, he let the young guns run the show.
I think Stevens getting fired was (obviously) a quite difficult step for Homer... and if they were a playoff team, doubt it would have happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
Niittymaki had abdominal surgery before his hip surgery too didnt he? obviously Niittymaki's case is different.
When the necrosis thing popped up, I remember reading somewhere that it is sometimes related to trauma in the area (like, ya know, surgical procedures would seem to be...). However, it was definitely the original injury that submarined the first half of the season...

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 02:12 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
I also read that steroids and alcohol abuse can bring on necrosis....

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 02:21 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
I also read that steroids and alcohol abuse can bring on necrosis....
Interesting. I read that the KHL can bring on steroids and alcohol abuse.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 02:22 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Interesting. I read that the KHL can bring on steroids and alcohol abuse.

I read that doing too much blow can lead to the KHL....

This is quite the chain of events

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 02:24 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
I read that doing too much blow can lead to the KHL....

This is quite the chain of events
I think we've finally gotten to the bottom of all this.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 04:49 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
20 Games
2 Goals

It's merited.
2 goals, 12 assists, sick with the flu for a good stretch of it, got a new line mate, and is carting around Dan Carcillo and Andreas Nodl. Tell the whole story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
"Fairness", hunh?

I thought you were looking for intellectual honesty.
What the hell does this part even mean? The two things aren't mutually exclusive. Hell there's probably a positive correlation between the two.

Unless you're misunderstanding what I said. My point was that being overly critical of everyone was a piss poor way of being even handed (in response to your remark that if Leino et al can get torn into so can Richards). Not that we shouldn't try to be even handed in the first place.

Are you trying to actually discuss something, or are you just trying to throw **** at different individuals (Laviolette, Richards) and see what sticks?

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 05:02 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
2 goals, 12 assists, sick with the flu for a good stretch of it, got a new line mate, and is carting around Dan Carcillo and Andreas Nodl. Tell the whole story.

What the hell does this part even mean? The two things aren't mutually exclusive. Hell there's probably a positive correlation between the two.

Unless you're misunderstanding what I said. My point was that being overly critical of everyone was a piss poor way of being even handed (in response to your remark that if Leino et al can get torn into so can Richards). Not that we shouldn't try to be even handed in the first place.

Are you trying to actually discuss something, or are you just trying to throw **** at different individuals (Laviolette, Richards) and see what sticks?
JXC is one of the biggest trolls/homers on these boards...piecing together specious selective arguments marked by an agenda is sort of his calling card; I wouldn't worry about it.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote