HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - Who cares if it's real or fake? (Cont'd)

Closed Thread

Old
03-11-2011, 04:43 PM
flountown

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckBoy33 View Post
Is anyone bidding on the Brind'Amour (little love) Flyers warm up jerseys offered on NHL auctions?
With my limited funds I will do my best. So all you big spenders go for the high ticket ones and leave one of Betts/Powe/Carcillo for me.

Old
03-11-2011, 04:52 PM
flountown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
Why not? Because it's a waist of money. Not everyone can throw $300+ on a jersey that was worn for 15 minutes.
I want to buy one cause I was actually at the game and want a really cool keepsake. It'd be a sweet addition to my future man cave.

Old
03-12-2011, 06:34 AM
Mosetter27

welp... just got some new ones in that ill post pics in weeks coming after kits come and they are customized
1. 2009 East All-Star (CARTER)
2. 2009 West All-Star (HEJDUK)
3. Black Flyers EDGE(premier) BIRON
4. White Flyers (old)EDGE(Premier) Emery
5. 1998 World All Star (KURRI)
6. 2000 World All Star Skater (Svoboda)
7. 2001 World All Star Skater (Palffy)
8. 1997 SCF Flyers White (Zubrus)
9. KHL Mettalurg N. 09-10 (BOBROVSKY)

thats all that i got for now but just excited so I wanted to tell all my friends on here!

Old
03-12-2011, 11:38 AM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
I want to buy one cause I was actually at the game and want a really cool keepsake. It'd be a sweet addition to my future man cave.
I think those jerseys are cool and unique too. good luck gettin one of the cheaper ones. thats what id go for if i had cash. The only thing stupid about that auction is people bidder higher depending on who wore it. to me, its more about the jersey and what it means than if it was richards or powe wearing it for 2 secs. and if your a carter fan you can defile that thing by rippin off the nameplate and replacin it. exact replica. im kidding.

Old
03-12-2011, 01:18 PM
Mosetter27

i really wanna show these offs

first to piss of my FELLOW flyers fans

now to make you happy

what you guys think?

im no photoshop expert but i think they look good shown off liek this

Old
03-13-2011, 09:23 PM
Mosetter27

welp i wanna show off some more of my collection lmk what you guys think

Old
03-14-2011, 03:33 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

very nice. your hard core dude. soderstrom. cechmanek. i know you must got a roussel in there. maybe a laforest. those pictures are good too but that one jersey, looks like you got a little puppa on it.

sorry.....had to be done.

Old
03-14-2011, 03:48 PM
Mosetter27

your right i do have a roussel in there LOL! and a soderstrom flyers and a ton of old flyers goalies!

at least 85% of all my jerseys hve to do with 2 teams Flyers or Avalanche very few have nothign to do with either ... example the jagr, the chimera, puppa

the problem with my already done up roussel is i need the nHL75th and flyers 25th patches to put on it before its complete and can get the photo treatment... and i need to get the soderstrom kit sewn on

i have around 250-300 jersey some authentic mostly replica and have deleted and trashed all my fakes...

still need to get rid of a few though... they take up VALUABLE space in my closet thats already crammed lol

doing a few more jerseys today will post em up tonight !

Old
03-14-2011, 05:34 PM
GarretWillhelmThe3rd

BJD i love your collection man, i remember talking to you in Icejerseys, i was flyhighguys. If you want to move any of those islanders or hawks jerseys PM me, i remember you messaging me on my webshots.

Anyway, how did any of you guys manage to get the current road jerseys? Are those edges or just replicas?

Old
03-14-2011, 06:10 PM
Mosetter27

sup flyhigh...

yeah i remember talking on IJ. A few mods didnt like me so i got the axe! 2 times! lol idc though i still prowl. unfortunately I do not sell jerseys I only buy 'em... i have never and never will sell a jersey no matter the gain... i love everyone of my jerseys in some way shape or form... and I dont think i posted my bob or zherdev road jerseys because im waiting til spring to see if a patch will be needed but i just have replicas

Old
03-14-2011, 07:01 PM
GarretWillhelmThe3rd

Thats pretty cool man, if you ever wanna trade or anything let me know. I got a blank Flyers edge and some other things i would probably move. But im digging the direction your collection has gone. Nice work man.

Old
03-14-2011, 07:38 PM
Mosetter27

Ok heres the last of the 300 jerseys i have that are completely finished (Name,Number, Patches)

just realized i have a few more to do... ill get to that right now.... nothing special in this one... just a dynamic duo, a hof defensemen, a ranger, a great american, and some russian goalie

Last edited by Mosetter27: 03-14-2011 at 08:28 PM.
Old
03-14-2011, 08:26 PM
Mosetter27

2 more i forgot

Old
03-14-2011, 08:45 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjd624 View Post
Ok heres the last of the 300 jerseys i have that are completely finished (Name,Number, Patches)

just realized i have a few more to do... ill get to that right now.... nothing special in this one... just a dynamic duo, a hof defensemen, a ranger, a great american, and some russian goalie

I never knew that... I like the logo and I enjoyed the education.

Old
03-14-2011, 09:05 PM
Mosetter27

that is one of my favorite jerseys, but its also one of the most controversial amongst other collectors... some feel because it was never produced to the masses and an independent company produced them they feel its fake... while other (myself included) fell because it was never sold its not a fake but a mere "what if..."

they have them up on ebay still... sad thing when i bought mine, it was almost 250 now hes shelled down 100 buck on em because of lack of sales...

Old
03-14-2011, 09:21 PM
clockwise

Are you the same dude that wears opposing jersey's to Flyers games?

Only have a few myself. Still looking to get a Super Fan 99 Kings and maybe a Chelios chain mail.

Old
03-15-2011, 06:23 AM
Mosetter27

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockwise View Post
Are you the same dude that wears opposing jersey's to Flyers games?

Only have a few myself. Still looking to get a Super Fan 99 Kings and maybe a Chelios chain mail.

no i am not one of the two redneck hillbilly dumb****s lol

but i do the same thing... AROUND THE HOUSE on game days...

Old
03-16-2011, 11:09 AM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

you know this prototype nordiques jersey makes me realize that as much as it looks like a timberwolves jersey its way more threatening then the (which i may be in the minority) very effeminate regular jersey the nordiques wore. maybe you have to be from quebec but i always thought the word sissy came to mind when i looked at their jerseys. while im on a rant i dont mind too many jerseys in the league but i have to say the bruins jerseys and colors always made me want to vomit a beehive. im glad im not from boston. any jerseys you hate still existing or in the past?

Old
03-16-2011, 11:23 AM
clockwise

Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
any jerseys you hate still existing or in the past?
The Dekes, I just don't see why people are enamored with that jersey and the logo.

Flyers alternate with an embossed logo was an abomination.. I hope Snider declares in his will that the Flyers crest is unalterable.

Might be going solo on this too but I don't understand the infatuation with circular crests and text (Minnesota, Buffalo, Panthers 3rd) and somehow this equals "vintage".
Personally I feel typography doesn't belong on hockey sweaters, they're for baseball.

If I could shoehorn one more, wtf is the Rangers crest supposed to be?

Old
03-16-2011, 01:40 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
you know this prototype nordiques jersey makes me realize that as much as it looks like a timberwolves jersey its way more threatening then the (which i may be in the minority) very effeminate regular jersey the nordiques wore. maybe you have to be from quebec but i always thought the word sissy came to mind when i looked at their jerseys. while im on a rant i dont mind too many jerseys in the league but i have to say the bruins jerseys and colors always made me want to vomit a beehive. im glad im not from boston. any jerseys you hate still existing or in the past?
Nords logo has always put me in mind of an elephant since it was pointed out to me by a one time GF.

And, can we all agree that it's wonderful this never took off?:

Old
03-16-2011, 02:39 PM
Murphy7
Drop the puck

You got a problem with Freddy Flyer? The Hammer would not be happy.

Old
03-16-2011, 03:48 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy7 View Post
You got a problem with Freddy Flyer? The Hammer would not be happy.
I don't believe ANYBODY liked Freddy Flyer... even the Hammer after getting hammered.

... In he city that has The Philly Phanatic, it is difficult to have another mascot above the college level -- granted, Freddy was years before the Phanatic was hatched -- Swoop, Phlex, Hip Hop pale in comparison for all but the little kids... and yet Freddy would make them look good.

Old
03-16-2011, 03:53 PM
Murphy7
Drop the puck

I loved my Freddy Flyer coloring book.
I think the actual mascot lasted like 4 games. And, yeah, way before the Phanatic. Probably you and I are the only people here who know Freddy existed.

Old
03-16-2011, 04:40 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy7 View Post
I loved my Freddy Flyer coloring book.
I think the actual mascot lasted like 4 games. And, yeah, way before the Phanatic. Probably you and I are the only people here who know Freddy existed.
I was too old for the coloring book and therefore could not appreciate the wonder of Freddy... I did however appreciate the Freddy that was instrumental in bringing the Cup to South Broad Street... the Freddy that was not as easy to understand. haha

... Sorry for taking the thread so far off course, BTW.

Last edited by Sawdalite: 03-16-2011 at 04:59 PM.
Old
03-16-2011, 04:47 PM
Murphy7
Drop the puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
I was too old for the coloring book and therefore could no appreciate the wonder of Freddy... I did however appreciate the Freddy that was instrumental in bringing the Cup to South Broad Street... the Freddy that was not as easy to understand. haha

... Sorry for taking the thread so far off course, BTW.
You've left everyone here in a Fog.

Closed Thread