HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What do you think is the 2011 Ranger's biggest problem

View Poll Results: What do you think is the 2011 Ranger's biggest problem?
The Offense 56 48.28%
The Defense 1 0.86%
Goaltending 2 1.72%
Inexperience/Stupidity 23 19.83%
Injuries 17 14.66%
Lack of Toughness 3 2.59%
Lack of Gumption 2 1.72%
Well obviously it's all Gilroy's fault. 12 10.34%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-11-2011, 06:55 PM
Chimp

vCash: 500
This is one of those polls where you'd like to be able to pick multiple choices. Offensive and PP problems are starting to become a Ranger tradition. Young, inexperienced players both on offense and defense bring very inconsistent performances (but on the other hand, this team isn't any more inconsistent than its older predecessors).

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 09:46 AM
valence

offence really sucks but if only hank can steal us some games down the stretch....seems the big save has not been there lately

valence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 12:28 PM
Machinehead
Because Rongos

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
This is one of those polls where you'd like to be able to pick multiple choices. Offensive and PP problems are starting to become a Ranger tradition. Young, inexperienced players both on offense and defense bring very inconsistent performances (but on the other hand, this team isn't any more inconsistent than its older predecessors).
Oh we have multiple problems for sure, I'm looking for the biggest one here though. You could make an argument for all eight though. (although I still question the goaltending arguments, considering Hanks 9 shutouts are over a quarter of our wins)

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 12:31 PM
Machinehead
Because Rongos

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
i didnt see a option for impatient reactionist fanbase so i voted offense, but i dont feel that entirely explains the situation

its a combination of inexperience and a lack of high end skill, specifically shooting and puck handeling (passing gets an honorable mention)
Impatient reactionist fabase????

We've been around since the time of Caesar and haven't done much of anything, so I don't see where people get this "impatient" argument from. There's teams that have done just as much as the Rangers that are one-fourth our age.

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 04:03 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
Biggest problem?

18,000 General Managers at every home game!
Like no other team has that.

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 04:16 PM
ciggy

the problem is we're not good enough, a bunch of average players , who overachieved, who can't make it count when it counts... gabby's excuse? when u play with garbage u look like garbage...still have a chance for '11, but for what, 1st round out? same ole same ole

ciggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 04:32 PM
Blazephr

lack of skill on their top line and they battle with inconsistency. As well as a big portion of cap space wasted on players not contributing.

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 08:30 AM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Impatient reactionist fabase????

We've been around since the time of Caesar and haven't done much of anything, so I don't see where people get this "impatient" argument from. There's teams that have done just as much as the Rangers that are one-fourth our age.
Yes, and that mindset has merit becasue of that dismal "big picture" result, but we often start the season booing players.

We treat our team better than any other when they are doing well but our support sucks when they struggle. Too much negativity, too quickly (myself included) whenever they hit a rough spot.

I was at the devs/isles last night and say what you want about how low attendance is (actually a very good crowd last night) but the fans there are true to their team even through all the struggles there have been experiencing. They believe in their team and they greet them with very emotional welcome every night.

We, on the other hand, are the instant gratification babies.

I think Sather has does a lousy job when you look at how long he has had to build somehting, but he's not the guy who skates onto the ice with the uni on at The Garden.

I'm not giving up on The Rangers. I think they can play with any team in the league and have just as much of shot to go deep in the playoffs as anyone else.

Let's go Rangers!

JMHO

03-13-2011, 10:13 AM
Ranger Angst

Gaborik with just 10 more goals and were not fighting for a playoff spot.

Ranger Angst is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 12:23 PM
DM23BK30

Gilroy.

In all seriousness, it's a young team that is a little unlucky, but I have said all along that when you have a young team, you need your best players to be your best players to stem the tide.

All this team needs is 100 pct effort from a healthy Gaborik and I'll be happy with the way things are going.

DM23BK30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 12:27 PM
Darrelle Lundqvist
Swagelin

I think our play at home, has something to do with it as well. Some days we beat Philly and the Caps 7-0 and lose one goal games to Colorado and Minnesota

Darrelle Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 12:51 PM
Vitto79

the effort and D are there. They are young and should get better...........I know we all say this over and over and it is a little pathetic depending one signing but Richards would make a huge difference. It gives them a #1 line and allows the Pack line to become a very solid 2nd unit.

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 08:17 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
Like no other team has that.
Not talking about other teams...Talking about the Rangers here.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 06:08 AM
Black Tank

Really, really simple. We don't have two goal scoring threats. This year we don't even have one b/c of Gaborik's down year and Frolov's bust.

If Gaborik returns to form next year, we need another 40 goal guy to break those games where we simply can't find the net.

The supporting players are all in place up front with guys like Callahan, Dubinsky, Anisimov, Stepan, etc. The defense is going to be simply fantastic and the goaltending is again in the top 5 in the league.

The team is on the verge of a major breakthrough if we can only find another top level scorer - I don't think the guys currently on the roster have the skill set to fill that role.

Black Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 07:18 AM
parlate2000

Why?

What's the negativity all about?
Here's a young team grinding, playing for each other (most of the games) and maturing with every minute on the ice.

I don't know about Torts. IMO he's a good coach. At least he's managed one importaint thing: He's made the NYR play like a TEAM.

There are loads of xamples from team sports all over the world that one thing is crucial if you want to develop winners out of young players. It's called patience.

I wouldn't say there's too much of it around in here

Ok - there's been some ups and downs up front. And the puck's been bouncing in our disfavour lately.

What i really want for the rest of the games in the regular season is some serious checking at center ice. It's gonna cost the other teams to enter our zone. In our own zone I don't want blocking 5-10 yards away. I want them right up there where the ***** puck is. Somebody please prove me wrong, but i've got a feeling that we're one of the teams that allow the most shots against in the whole league. (Not at goal - but released shots).

I think this team really needs to make to the POs. They need the taste of it.

LGR

parlate2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 07:58 AM
Loffen
Cup mode: ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by parlate2000 View Post
I think this team really needs to make to the POs. They need the taste of it.

LGR
The young guys will certainly benefit from it. If we get eliminated early, that will only leave them wanting for more. It's a valuable experience wheter you go far or not.

The team needs to sharpen up down the stretch here and get down to bizz.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote