Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vancouver Nuckleheads @ Calgary Flames

Old
03-13-2011, 03:44 AM
tfong

vCash: 500
My question is why Backlund got still only 10 mins of ice time.

I only watched the first 2 periods and I thought he was playing stellar, creating more than a few chances (pity he only converted one), but I think he deserves to have more play time and its likely more beneficial for the team if he does.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 04:47 AM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

vCash: 50
First two game losing streak in a while, it was bound to happen. We still play Colorado and Edmonton twice and if we play like we can they should be wins. The back to back against LA and Anaheim will be huge.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 08:37 AM
slappipappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sem1 View Post

their gdt's are always so entertaining. cant go a single gdt with calgary involved without them mentioning calgarypuck. lol. who cares!

You must care,as you mentioned them.

slappipappi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 12:53 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by C For Choke View Post
Sutter should bag skate them until they die of dehydration and have the repeat "don't take any ****ing penalties" the entire time.

Meh. Flames had their chances to get back into this game, but once again, couldn't generate anything on the PP. Instead of bag skating, they should maybe be practicing the PP.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 02:42 PM
ShyCheetah

Love those old school uni's.

Shy

ShyCheetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 11:06 PM
kevinsane
Lundqvist clone.

As a Canuck fan the whole generally unpleasant 40 years, I can't stand the Flames, but I have a whole lot more fear of them in those classic jerseys. Please, for the love of hate, no more dragon/horse jerseys or weird ass piping. And yes, this has been the pot with a fashion analysis of the kettle.

kevinsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 11:50 PM
WhereIsIt
#gift

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
My question is why Backlund got still only 10 mins of ice time.

I only watched the first 2 periods and I thought he was playing stellar, creating more than a few chances (pity he only converted one), but I think he deserves to have more play time and its likely more beneficial for the team if he does.
Matchups. You can probably afford to do that with Backlund against some lesser teams, but not against the Nucks, they have too much depth. You don't want him caught out there against their first two lines.

WhereIsIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 01:56 AM
tfong

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsane View Post
As a Canuck fan the whole generally unpleasant 40 years, I can't stand the Flames, but I have a whole lot more fear of them in those classic jerseys. Please, for the love of hate, no more dragon/horse jerseys or weird ass piping. And yes, this has been the pot with a fashion analysis of the kettle.
I typically don't understand fans that hate other teams soley based simply on the fact it is the "name" or "city" of that team.

I mean most teams have huge turnovers in personnel every several years and rarely will you keep a team together especially in this cap age for longer than a decade. So I always question people hating Flames for the "last 40 years" etc... I can understand if you don't like someone in particular (a coach or a player etc...)

I mean personnel, coaching, staff are literally all different. Even team mentalities change so much over those years. Why do people "hate" a team based on the name itself seems highly illogical to me.

Old
03-14-2011, 09:56 AM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotalik Fanboy View Post
Matchups. You can probably afford to do that with Backlund against some lesser teams, but not against the Nucks, they have too much depth. You don't want him caught out there against their first two lines.
That's crap. I was at the game, Backlund was hands down our best player. He layed the body, was agressive, and had one of the best back hand goals I've seen in years from a flames player.

Also Sutter putting Stajan on in the last 2 minutes for our man advantage almost made me puke. I would have rather put Bouma on the ice, anyone but Stajan. What a joke!

Whatever this team was doing with matchups after the first 4 minutes of the game was not working at all. Not only was Vancouver more talented, but they worked harder. Flames deserved the loss, watching them let the Sedins walk all over them as usual was nothing short of pathetic. It's as if this team enjoys losing to Vancouver. Where's the cross-check to the ribs to send Burrows' stupid ass back to the dressing room. For a must win game it was a pretty passive effort against our most hated rival. If you want to be a post season team then earn it, don't just expect it.

Very disappointed in this team and the coaches, hopefully they rebound with a string of wins.

Last edited by The Gnome: 03-14-2011 at 10:35 AM.
The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 10:34 AM
Backlund

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
That's crap. I was at the game, Backlund was hands down our best player. Be layed the body, was agressive, and had one of the best back hand goals I've seen in years from a flames player.

Also Sutter putting Stajan on in the last 2 minutes for our man advantage almost made me puke. I would have rather put Bouma on the ice, anyone but Stajan. What a joke!

Whatever this team was doing with matchups after the first 4 minutes of the game was not working at all. Not only was Vancouver more talented, but they worked harder. Flames deserved the loss, watching them let the Sedins walk all over them as usual was nothing short of pathetic. It's as if this team enjoys losing to Vancouver. Where's the cross-check to the ribs to send Burrows' stupid ass back to the dressing room. For a must win game it was a pretty passive effort against our most hated rival. If you want to be a post season team then earn it, don't just expect it.

Very disappointed in this team and the coaches, hopefully they rebound with a string of wins.
I didn't watch the entire game but from what I saw Backlund was doing great. I really think he deserves more ice time.

Backlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 06:43 PM
tfong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number Eight View Post
I didn't watch the entire game but from what I saw Backlund was doing great. I really think he deserves more ice time.
Agree!

Old
03-14-2011, 07:51 PM
flames123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number Eight View Post
Well he did play a few shifts with the top line and didn't look too out of place but I would be scared to leave him there as a long term fix.

flames123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 09:49 PM
Xelstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames123 View Post
Well he did play a few shifts with the top line and didn't look too out of place but I would be scared to leave him there as a long term fix.
If he keeps playing like he did against Vancouver then I say that he should be centering the top line immediately. Only problem is that all too often we've seen a game or two flash of hustling, effective two way play.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 09:24 AM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelstyle View Post
If he keeps playing like he did against Vancouver then I say that he should be centering the top line immediately. Only problem is that all too often we've seen a game or two flash of hustling, effective two way play.
To me he is very consistent on the defensive side of things. I'd have no problem, ever, at using him in a shutdown role.

Where I find him very inconsistent is asserting himself offensivly. He seems to have all the tools to be a great top six skill player. But his confidence just isn't there yet, and with a healthy lineup I wouldn't give him the job of pivoting Iggy. With this recent string of injuries I'd much rather have him on the top line then anyone else that is currently healthy, due to his play recently.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote