HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 NHL Entry Draft/Other Prospects (All NON-RANGERS Prospect Discussion - Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
03-13-2011, 12:56 PM
TrollololBoyle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
here's my early top 4 for 2012.

this class looks to be one of the best, especially the dmen, swedes and russians.

1. nail yakupov- f. elite skills. sniper. dynamic talent.

2. ryan murray- d. may go #1 overall high end skills. not many weaknesses in his game. some saying hes the best dman prospect from the whl in the last 8 years.

3. nick ebert- d. cam folwer with an edge. perhaps the best overall d man in a very good dman draft. perhaps better than murray ?

4. alex galchenyuk-f. total package. size, speed and filthy shot. sniper with a 2 way game.
It would be absolutely sick, if a team did what Vancouver did by drafting the Sedins, but did it with Galchenyuk and Yakupov instead!

Old
03-13-2011, 07:54 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Nick Ebert is a Jersey kid.

Old
03-14-2011, 11:27 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Union was knocked out of the playoffs last night by last-seeded Colgate, who didn't get a single league win until the last 2 weeks of the season. Crazy stuff.

Union (And Ranger invite Keith Kinkaid) will likely still represent the ECAC at the NCAA tournament, along with Yale.

For me, time for a NYR themed avatar.

03-14-2011, 10:06 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Matthew Nieto is still my guy for the Rangers.

Old
03-15-2011, 03:22 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Would the Rangers be better off packaging their two second rounders for a late #1 pick?

The Islanders moved #35 and #58 to Chicago for #30 in 2010 draft.

Detroit moved #29 to TB for #32 and #75 in the 2009 draft.

NYR pick will be a mid-2nd rounder. Depending upon making the playoffs. Between #10/#14-#15-#16

The surging Caps pick will be a late 2nd if they win their division and between #27-#30 if they reach the conference finals.

There is an extra 2nd round pick in the draft which is a comp pick(#50) for MTL not signing David Fischer. The Islanders got that pick in the Wisniewski trade.

The Rangers won't have the high 2nd but they'll a pick higher than #75 which is what TB gave up.

A mid 2nd and late 2nd VS a a high 2nd and mid 3rd.

Old
03-15-2011, 03:53 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Sather moves up and down on draft day, he and the scouts feel it out, see if they can wait to get their guy.

I'm all for moving both 2nds if we can get into the 25-35 range and pick another potential 1st round talent. It always depends on who's there and what the price will be.

Old
03-15-2011, 04:24 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Sather moves up and down on draft day, he and the scouts feel it out, see if they can wait to get their guy.

I'm all for moving both 2nds if we can get into the 25-35 range and pick another potential 1st round talent. It always depends on who's there and what the price will be.
Would you move up to get another 1st round pick, or use the extra 2nd to see if the Rangers can move up from their 1st round pick?

Old
03-15-2011, 04:32 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Would you move up to get another 1st round pick, or use the extra 2nd to see if the Rangers can move up from their 1st round pick?
Moving up into the top 10 is alot tougher than getting to #30. But its all depends. Would have loved that extra pick last year to grab a Johansen, Skinner, Nino. This year might be the same, no one will move out the top 10 cause there are few obvious blue chips.

I think we pick between 13-18. I wonder how far we could move up with just the 1st and 2nd in return?

Old
03-15-2011, 04:43 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
It all depends on where the rangers feel their player will go. IMO if they feel they can get Armia or Zinenajad with their 1st pick then just use the pick where it is. And then if they feel Grimaldi is going to be selected before their 2nd rounder attempt to move up and snag him.

If the Rangers can come out of the 1st 2 rounds with a physically gifted player like Armia or Zibenajad and a super skilled player like Grimadli I would say the entire draft would be a success.

Old
03-15-2011, 05:18 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Moving up into the top 10 is alot tougher than getting to #30. But its all depends. Would have loved that extra pick last year to grab a Johansen, Skinner, Nino. This year might be the same, no one will move out the top 10 cause there are few obvious blue chips.

I think we pick between 13-18. I wonder how far we could move up with just the 1st and 2nd in return?
In the past, the additional 2nd is ususally enough to move 4-5 spots.

Old
03-15-2011, 05:22 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
It all depends on where the rangers feel their player will go. IMO if they feel they can get Armia or Zinenajad with their 1st pick then just use the pick where it is. And then if they feel Grimaldi is going to be selected before their 2nd rounder attempt to move up and snag him.

If the Rangers can come out of the 1st 2 rounds with a physically gifted player like Armia or Zibenajad and a super skilled player like Grimadli I would say the entire draft would be a success.
Do you really see Grimaldi lasting beyond the first 10 picks in the 2nd?

Old
03-15-2011, 05:24 PM
Darrelle Lundqvist
Swagelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Nick Ebert is a Jersey kid.
Yeah, this is would be awesome for the face of NJ hockey, to have a kid contending for the number 1 overall pick two years removed from high school hockey.

Old
03-15-2011, 05:30 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I don't.

In fact, I see the Wings taking him with their first. It seems like a Red Wing-type selection.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
03-15-2011, 05:59 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Depends on who rises and falls before the draft.

Old
03-15-2011, 07:27 PM
Leetch66

A player born on Feb 20 1993...would he be eligible for the draft this Summer ? Would 6'5" 240lbs and growing and adding muscle and a great fighter catch a scouts eye ? Blake Millman...Google him and watch his fights . He could be a steal if eligible as a late pick this Summer . Always worth a gamble IMO as he might take 4 years to play into the frame of his . I honestly have never watched him play thus I have no idea of his other abilities .

Old
03-15-2011, 08:45 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch66 View Post
A player born on Feb 20 1993...would he be eligible for the draft this Summer ? Would 6'5" 240lbs and growing and adding muscle and a great fighter catch a scouts eye ? Blake Millman...Google him and watch his fights . He could be a steal if eligible as a late pick this Summer . Always worth a gamble IMO as he might take 4 years to play into the frame of his . I honestly have never watched him play thus I have no idea of his other abilities .
We'll probably trade up and draft him 10th overall.

RANGERS =
Old
03-15-2011, 10:44 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Where does Frk sit on the list for everyone at this point? Wasn't he a frontrunner for #1 overall in 2012 at this time last year?

Old
03-15-2011, 10:54 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
We'll probably trade up and draft him 10th overall.
Hey, he's had some second half of his draft year !

Old
03-15-2011, 11:30 PM
Dredden
JT Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Where does Frk sit on the list for everyone at this point? Wasn't he a frontrunner for #1 overall in 2012 at this time last year?
Probably top 5. My #1 for 2012 is Nail Yakupov. Kids filthy.

Old
03-16-2011, 12:51 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch66 View Post
Teams dont draft fighters. Those can always be found somewhere. And I know some wise-ass here will note that we have had trouble in that department, but that was just because of stupidity by sather (brashear) and bad luck (Boogard).

Old
03-16-2011, 07:47 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
martin frk is a stud. his problem, theres a ton of players who have stud potential in 12.

nail
galchenyuk
ebert
murray
marcantuoni
grigorenko
reilly
reinhart

this is gonna be quite the draft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wCb3...layer_embedded

Last edited by offdacrossbar: 03-16-2011 at 07:57 AM.
Old
03-16-2011, 08:02 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Would the Rangers be better off packaging their two second rounders for a late #1 pick?

The Islanders moved #35 and #58 to Chicago for #30 in 2010 draft.

Detroit moved #29 to TB for #32 and #75 in the 2009 draft.

NYR pick will be a mid-2nd rounder. Depending upon making the playoffs. Between #10/#14-#15-#16

The surging Caps pick will be a late 2nd if they win their division and between #27-#30 if they reach the conference finals.

There is an extra 2nd round pick in the draft which is a comp pick(#50) for MTL not signing David Fischer. The Islanders got that pick in the Wisniewski trade.

The Rangers won't have the high 2nd but they'll a pick higher than #75 which is what TB gave up.

A mid 2nd and late 2nd VS a a high 2nd and mid 3rd.

Toronto would be a good option. Their two firsts are probably going to be 25-30 and they only have one second (their own).

It would be stupid of Burke to turn down two 2nds for a low-1st, especially when he already has one, but I'm not getting a warm and fuzzy that NHL GM's are excited about this draft after 30 or 35 picks.

Old
03-16-2011, 01:18 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The Jets philosophy under Mike Tannenbaum has been quality over quantity. He has traded up to select Revis,Sanchez,Harris,Keller and Greene. One key player is more important than 2 or 3 players. Identify the player and trade up to select him. It's hard to build through the draft having a chance every 30 picks. The Jets traded their entire draft in 2009 to trade up for Sanchez and Greene.

Quote:
On Day 2 of the NFL draft, Terry Bradway and Joey Clinkscales - the Jets' draft-room honchos - sat in front of Tannenbaum's desk and came after the GM hard, lobbying intensely for him to trade up for Shonn Greene.

The passion play began the night before, when Day 1 concluded and Greene - rated 19th on the Jets' draft board - still was available after two rounds and 64 selections. To Bradway and Clinkscales, this was a no-brainer, but Tannenbaum didn't want to do it.

After surrendering the Jets' second-round pick and three players for Mark Sanchez, the GM didn't want to sell off more draft picks for a running back who would be no better than third string as a rookie.
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz1GmrT7RMX

The Rangers have an extra 2nd. Put the Rangers 2nd in play with the #1 pick to move up 4-5 spots. Moving up to #12 from #16 cost the Rangers #41 pick in the draft in 2005 to select Staal. Moving up to #19 from #24 cost the Rangers #46th pick to select Lauri Korpikoski.

Or put the 2 2nds in play to trade up for a late 1st rounder.

The Rangers have shown they are not afraid to swap a prospect for a draft pick. Alex Bourret to PHX for a 3rd in 2008(Tomas Kundratek) and Bobby Sanguinetti for a 6th in 2010(Jesper Fasth) and the Caps 2nd in 2011.

Old
03-16-2011, 03:00 PM
Jackson Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
Teams dont draft fighters. Those can always be found somewhere. And I know some wise-ass here will note that we have had trouble in that department, but that was just because of stupidity by sather (brashear) and bad luck (Boogard).
This is a broad statement. I guess Ranger draft choices Purinton and Boulton were drafted for their offensive abilities instead of being a fighter? And what about McNaught from last year's draft?

Old
03-16-2011, 03:14 PM
TrollololBoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The Jets philosophy under Mike Tannenbaum has been quality over quantity. He has traded up to select Revis,Sanchez,Harris,Keller and Greene. One key player is more important than 2 or 3 players. Identify the player and trade up to select him. It's hard to build through the draft having a chance every 30 picks. The Jets traded their entire draft in 2009 to trade up for Sanchez and Greene.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz1GmrT7RMX

The Rangers have an extra 2nd. Put the Rangers 2nd in play with the #1 pick to move up 4-5 spots. Moving up to #12 from #16 cost the Rangers #41 pick in the draft in 2005 to select Staal. Moving up to #19 from #24 cost the Rangers #46th pick to select Lauri Korpikoski.

Or put the 2 2nds in play to trade up for a late 1st rounder.

The Rangers have shown they are not afraid to swap a prospect for a draft pick. Alex Bourret to PHX for a 3rd in 2008(Tomas Kundratek) and Bobby Sanguinetti for a 6th in 2010(Jesper Fasth) and the Caps 2nd in 2011.

Who would you consider trading from our prospect pool for picks (this year or next year)??

Closed Thread