HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Predator Prospect Updates

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2011, 05:42 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerupmurray View Post
Hockey future ranks Mattias Ekholm as the 17th best prospect for nashville. You guys must really have a deep pool. Ekholms 33 points is the second best result alltimes by a 20-year old defenseman in SEL, only Rundblad is better with his 50 this season. As a comparison Nicklas Lidström put up 23 points in SEL when he was 20.

If Ekholm is a 6,5 C , Hockey´s future must think that the level of SEL and swedish prospects overall is really crappy.
some time it's a crap shoot ... those are some pretty impressive players you just listed, past & present ... I know you're not comparing Ekholm to Lidström ... but if he's able to translate his offensive game (running the power play) then

Old
03-07-2011, 06:43 PM
cheerupmurray

Lets see how he does next season, before hes officialy the next Lidström . He has had an amazing development though, I mean last season he scored 1 goal in SEL-2, this year he scored 10 in SEL.

Old
03-08-2011, 09:25 AM
B Boarding

Ekholm should be a 7.5C at this stage. I'm having a hard time to believe that whom ever made this list have seen Ekholm play this year. Not only did he put up an extremely impressive season in the SEL, but he also did very very well in his international play with Team Sweden. I hold Ekholm higher than Calgary draftee Erixon as a prospect at this stage.

Old
03-09-2011, 03:00 AM
Hossa

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Boarding View Post
Ekholm should be a 7.5C at this stage. I'm having a hard time to believe that whom ever made this list have seen Ekholm play this year. Not only did he put up an extremely impressive season in the SEL, but he also did very very well in his international play with Team Sweden. I hold Ekholm higher than Calgary draftee Erixon as a prospect at this stage.
You're right that his international play is important confirmation of the strides he's made in his development. Mid-season tourneys like the Karjala Cup are ignored (or unknown) in North America, but after watching a couple of Ekholm's games in that tourney, I came away extremely impressed. If he indeed plays at the World CHampionships, as expected, hopefully he gets the attention he deserves.

Old
03-09-2011, 08:33 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Paul Fenton had mentioned Ekholm as a guy that they hoped would come over to Milwaukee next season (along with Jani Lajunen, Atte Engren and Patrick Cehlin), but Ekholm recently emphatically rejected the idea that he would come over into a situation where he had very little, if any, chance of playing in the NHL, at least not for next season. Sounds like he's staying in Sweden for another year...I understand to some extent, but he should know that the best way to GET to Nashville would be playing in the backyard..

Old
03-09-2011, 08:51 AM
OpenWheel

I don't know much about Ekholm, but at such a young age I can't see any problem with him staying where he is very comfortable to work on his game and get stronger. It's not like he's playing against chumps.

Old
03-09-2011, 09:25 AM
token grinder

meh, better him stay now than get to nashville and go back home, eh?

Old
03-09-2011, 10:09 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Paul Fenton says depending on the CHL playoffs, up to 7 prospects could be coming to Milwaukee mid-season:

http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2011/3...ne-month-to-go

BIG EDIT: The 'locks' are Latta, Ellis, Ben Ryan. The 'Mostly locks' are Beck, COR, Foss. Beck has 4 years with the CHL same with COR but both will be 20 next season and elligible for the AHL. Be a good time to bring them in after there league tournys. Foss is a wild card because he will most likely finish his degree in RPI. RPI lost in the first round of the conference playoff and he could have gone to Nashville then.

Last edited by BigFatCat999: 03-09-2011 at 11:07 AM.
Old
03-09-2011, 10:39 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I haven't seen the clear day rosters, but don't they need to be on them to be eligible?

Old
03-09-2011, 01:02 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
I haven't seen the clear day rosters, but don't they need to be on them to be eligible?
Latta, Ryan, and Foss would sign ATOs, so they don't need to be on the Clear Day roster. Not sure about Roussel, Ellis, or Beck, though, since they're already under contract with the organization...

Old
03-09-2011, 02:58 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Latta, Ryan, and Foss would sign ATOs, so they don't need to be on the Clear Day roster. Not sure about Roussel, Ellis, or Beck, though, since they're already under contract with the organization...
Link to clear day roster:
http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2011/3...ear-day-roster

It does address signed junior players:
"Teams may also add signed junior players or players on amateur tryout contracts after their respective junior or college seasons are complete."

Old
03-09-2011, 03:10 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Latta is signed BTW

Old
03-15-2011, 04:41 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

OK, Nashville has three prospects in the top 15 in scoring for the OHL.

Ryan Ellis who's 4th (But since he's a defensemen we can add some wow factor it some more)

Taylor Beck who is 7th in the OHL and Mike Latta who's 13th.

And these will be the guys who will be coming to Milwaukee after the CHL season.

Old
03-15-2011, 04:56 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
OK, Nashville has three prospects in the top 15 in scoring for the OHL.

Ryan Ellis who's 4th (But since he's a defensemen we can add some wow factor it some more)

Taylor Beck who is 7th in the OHL and Mike Latta who's 13th.

And these will be the guys who will be coming to Milwaukee after the CHL season.
The fact that all three are 20 takes *some* of the wow-mustard off, though. It's a little different than the numbers that say, Nail Yakupov is putting up.

Old
03-15-2011, 04:58 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
The fact that all three are 20 takes *some* of the wow-mustard off, though. It's a little different than the numbers that say, Nail Yakupov is putting up.
Would you rather they sucked at 20?

Old
03-15-2011, 05:08 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Would you rather they sucked at 20?
No...but you do have to take that into consideration. Ryan Ellis *should* be dominating the OHL.

Old
03-15-2011, 08:22 PM
predfan24

Quote:
No...but you do have to take that into consideration. Ryan Ellis *should* be dominating the OHL.
There's a big difference between dominating and obliterating. I don't care what age a player is what Ellis is doing as a D-man is incredible.

Your probably right about the other two. Beck is doing bout what I expected of him. Latta perhaps has surprised me in a good way a little bit.

Old
03-15-2011, 09:51 PM
zellthemedic

Isn't Latta an Enforcer?

Old
03-15-2011, 10:02 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by zellthemedic View Post
Isn't Latta an Enforcer?
No, think of Dave Bolland...

Old
03-16-2011, 08:38 AM
glenngineer

Let's see, two third round picks putting up back to back solid seasons in the minors. Yeah, that sucks. Let me see, that means they're consistent, which is something we sorely lack right about now. Ellis dominating without the talent that he used to have around him, yeah, that sucks too. If he's a guy that makes those around him better than I'm all for him being here.

We need a big shot of attitude change with some of our guys. Not enough intensity and the will to win at the end of the day as far as I'm concerned and those three have the "it" factor.

Some complain we never draft well in the later rounds and when we have two prospects that are doing great, they get trashed. Love the fan base sometimes.

Old
03-17-2011, 01:07 AM
Kass Effect

vCash: 358
Josi - I haven't seen anyone here mention that he went on the longest points streak by an AHL D-man in 3 years. Guy can skate like the wind...something that sets him apart from the other Preds d-men prospects I've seen. Which is also something I think the Preds lack on the backend in the bigs...

Latta - Now Captain of the Storm, don't count this guy out as a future 2nd liner. He finished 1st an OHL Western coaches poll for faceoffs, and 2nd for stickhandling (3rd last year). Every time I check a Guelph scoresheet, Latta has a PP assist. No reason he couldn't centre 2 talented wingers....

Budish - If he can get past the knee injuries, this guy could have a skillset similar to the current Todd Bertuzzi. Similar mobility, not a great shot, but soft hands and near impossble to muscle off the puck...and Bert's defense has improved since his Canucks days so its not a huge stretch....

Old
03-17-2011, 04:36 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

I know we have alot of disdain for THN ... and this year's prospect listing shouldn't change any of that

ellis (7)
blum
josi
watson
beck
budish
halischuk
geoffrion
bourque
pickard

Old
03-19-2011, 01:30 PM
The Fuhr

Top 10 came from the Preds top talent evaluator according to the magazine

Old
03-20-2011, 11:15 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Frozen Four Brackets are up

http://www.uscho.com/wp-content/pdf/...011bracket.pdf

East Region

(Bridgeport, CT)

1 Yale vs. 16 Air Force
9 Minnesota-Duluth vs. 8 Union

(Manchester, NH)

6 Merrimack vs. 11 Notre Dame (Ben Ryan)
13 UNH vs. 4 Miami of Ohio

West Region

(Green Bay, WI)

2 North Dakota vs. 15 RPI (Jeff Foss)
10 West. Michigan vs. 7 Denver

(St. Louis, MO)

5 Michigan vs. 12 Nebraska-Omaha
14 Colorado College vs. 3 Boston College

Sweet When RPI loses in the first round the Ads can pick him up and drive him to the game.

Closed Thread