HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Germany
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Is Gawlick going to opt out of the draft?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-18-2005, 08:44 AM
  #1
Mr. T
Registered User
 
Mr. T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,938
vCash: 500
Is Gawlick going to opt out of the draft?

Anybody know? I saw Kyle Woodlief mentioned this in a column not too long ago, but it didn't seem like he was certain.


Unrelated, but...

I was in Berlin in May on my honeymoon and I was desperately trying to find an Eisbaren jersey. No one had them but Karstadt Sports and the only player they had was Shawn Heins (and I had my fill of him in the 20-odd games he played for Pittsburgh in 2003). I tried KaDaWe, Wertheim etc. and didn't have any luck. My wife's mom, her boyfriend, the staff of the hotel I was staying in and just about everyone I asked had no idea that Berlin had a hockey team. It was kind of disheartening.

P.S. If you're in Berlin, go to Art Cafe. The food there is exceptional. It's on the Kudamm near the Kempinski Hotel.

Mr. T is offline  
Old
07-18-2005, 08:28 PM
  #2
ALF AmericanLionsFan
Registered User
 
ALF AmericanLionsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Cleveland, Ohio USA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. T
Anybody know? I saw Kyle Woodlief mentioned this in a column not too long ago, but it didn't seem like he was certain.


Unrelated, but...

I was in Berlin in May on my honeymoon and I was desperately trying to find an Eisbaren jersey. No one had them but Karstadt Sports and the only player they had was Shawn Heins (and I had my fill of him in the 20-odd games he played for Pittsburgh in 2003). I tried KaDaWe, Wertheim etc. and didn't have any luck. My wife's mom, her boyfriend, the staff of the hotel I was staying in and just about everyone I asked had no idea that Berlin had a hockey team. It was kind of disheartening.

P.S. If you're in Berlin, go to Art Cafe. The food there is exceptional. It's on the Kudamm near the Kempinski Hotel.
Try ebay.de for the Berlin jersey

ALF AmericanLionsFan is offline  
Old
07-19-2005, 06:38 AM
  #3
Bacchus
Registered User
 
Bacchus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dickes B
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,444
vCash: 500
Or their online fanshop.

As a fan of the Eisbären's (now dead) rival I see bandwaggoners over and over in the city.
Truly awful.

Bacchus is offline  
Old
07-20-2005, 08:56 AM
  #4
Mr. T
Registered User
 
Mr. T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,938
vCash: 500
I did check ebay (American and German) and the online fanshop. I wanted to buy one in Germany so I didn't have to pay for shipping and handling and to chit chat with some German hockey fans. My wife's mom is going to send me one for Christmas.

Mr. T is offline  
Old
07-22-2005, 12:33 PM
  #5
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus
 
The Nemesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. T
I did check ebay (American and German) and the online fanshop. I wanted to buy one in Germany so I didn't have to pay for shipping and handling and to chit chat with some German hockey fans. My wife's mom is going to send me one for Christmas.
I hope you find one. My grandmother was over in Germany for 6 months last year (don't remember exactly where), and she was going to try and find me a national team jersey and couldn't.

I guess it's for the best though, becuase now I can get one of those sweet new ones.

And I kinda hope Gawlik stays in, because then his injuries can scare teams off, and the Sharks can steal him in the latter rounds.

The Nemesis is offline  
Old
07-22-2005, 02:49 PM
  #6
Sanderson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 5,113
vCash: 500
According to the new CBA-faq on NHL.com you don't have to opt-in anymore. I would think that you won't be able to opt-out anymore as well

Sanderson is online now  
Old
07-22-2005, 06:28 PM
  #7
Sanderson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 5,113
vCash: 500
All other threads are closed so I put it in here:

Germans in the CSS-rankings:

#37 Philippe Gogulla (-6)
#42 Christoph Gawlik (-14)
#51 Florian Ondruschka (+31)
#68 Sandro Schönberger (+5)
#96 Thomas Pielmeier (+13)
#123 Justin Krüger (+16)

All six were in the Mid-term rankings, no German dropped from the list.

Sanderson is online now  
Old
07-27-2005, 07:58 AM
  #8
Mr. T
Registered User
 
Mr. T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis
I hope you find one. My grandmother was over in Germany for 6 months last year (don't remember exactly where), and she was going to try and find me a national team jersey and couldn't.

I guess it's for the best though, becuase now I can get one of those sweet new ones.

And I kinda hope Gawlik stays in, because then his injuries can scare teams off, and the Sharks can steal him in the latter rounds.
Yeah, the black international ones are real nice.

I was actually kind of hoping the Pens could steal Gawlik in a later round (although the Sharks are my 2nd favorite team) but that might be asking too much of the hockeys gods as they've already given me a lot for this season.

Mr. T is offline  
Old
07-30-2005, 05:20 PM
  #9
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus
 
The Nemesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,460
vCash: 500
Doesn't look like Gawlik went. Gogulla was a somewhat surprising 2nd rounder to Buffalo.

The Nemesis is offline  
Old
07-30-2005, 06:17 PM
  #10
Hellström
Registered User
 
Hellström's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Iceland
Posts: 2,898
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Hellström
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis
Doesn't look like Gawlik went. Gogulla was a somewhat surprising 2nd rounder to Buffalo.

More than surprising if you ask me....way off board with the selection.
Must have fallen in love when they went to the DEL to see how Hecht is doing...

Hellström is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.