HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Germany
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Is Gawlick going to opt out of the draft?

Closed Thread

Old
07-18-2005, 08:44 AM
Mr. T

vCash: 500
Is Gawlick going to opt out of the draft?

Anybody know? I saw Kyle Woodlief mentioned this in a column not too long ago, but it didn't seem like he was certain.

Unrelated, but...

I was in Berlin in May on my honeymoon and I was desperately trying to find an Eisbaren jersey. No one had them but Karstadt Sports and the only player they had was Shawn Heins (and I had my fill of him in the 20-odd games he played for Pittsburgh in 2003). I tried KaDaWe, Wertheim etc. and didn't have any luck. My wife's mom, her boyfriend, the staff of the hotel I was staying in and just about everyone I asked had no idea that Berlin had a hockey team. It was kind of disheartening.

P.S. If you're in Berlin, go to Art Cafe. The food there is exceptional. It's on the Kudamm near the Kempinski Hotel.

Old
07-18-2005, 08:28 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. T
Anybody know? I saw Kyle Woodlief mentioned this in a column not too long ago, but it didn't seem like he was certain.

Unrelated, but...

I was in Berlin in May on my honeymoon and I was desperately trying to find an Eisbaren jersey. No one had them but Karstadt Sports and the only player they had was Shawn Heins (and I had my fill of him in the 20-odd games he played for Pittsburgh in 2003). I tried KaDaWe, Wertheim etc. and didn't have any luck. My wife's mom, her boyfriend, the staff of the hotel I was staying in and just about everyone I asked had no idea that Berlin had a hockey team. It was kind of disheartening.

P.S. If you're in Berlin, go to Art Cafe. The food there is exceptional. It's on the Kudamm near the Kempinski Hotel.
Try ebay.de for the Berlin jersey

Old
07-19-2005, 06:38 AM
Bacchus

Or their online fanshop.

As a fan of the Eisbären's (now dead) rival I see bandwaggoners over and over in the city.
Truly awful.

Old
07-20-2005, 08:56 AM
Mr. T

I did check ebay (American and German) and the online fanshop. I wanted to buy one in Germany so I didn't have to pay for shipping and handling and to chit chat with some German hockey fans. My wife's mom is going to send me one for Christmas.

Old
07-22-2005, 12:33 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. T
I did check ebay (American and German) and the online fanshop. I wanted to buy one in Germany so I didn't have to pay for shipping and handling and to chit chat with some German hockey fans. My wife's mom is going to send me one for Christmas.
I hope you find one. My grandmother was over in Germany for 6 months last year (don't remember exactly where), and she was going to try and find me a national team jersey and couldn't.

I guess it's for the best though, becuase now I can get one of those sweet new ones.

And I kinda hope Gawlik stays in, because then his injuries can scare teams off, and the Sharks can steal him in the latter rounds.

Old
07-22-2005, 02:49 PM
Sanderson

According to the new CBA-faq on NHL.com you don't have to opt-in anymore. I would think that you won't be able to opt-out anymore as well

Old
07-22-2005, 06:28 PM
Sanderson

All other threads are closed so I put it in here:

Germans in the CSS-rankings:

#37 Philippe Gogulla (-6)
#42 Christoph Gawlik (-14)
#51 Florian Ondruschka (+31)
#68 Sandro Schönberger (+5)
#96 Thomas Pielmeier (+13)
#123 Justin Krüger (+16)

All six were in the Mid-term rankings, no German dropped from the list.

Old
07-27-2005, 07:58 AM
Mr. T

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis
I hope you find one. My grandmother was over in Germany for 6 months last year (don't remember exactly where), and she was going to try and find me a national team jersey and couldn't.

I guess it's for the best though, becuase now I can get one of those sweet new ones.

And I kinda hope Gawlik stays in, because then his injuries can scare teams off, and the Sharks can steal him in the latter rounds.
Yeah, the black international ones are real nice.

I was actually kind of hoping the Pens could steal Gawlik in a later round (although the Sharks are my 2nd favorite team) but that might be asking too much of the hockeys gods as they've already given me a lot for this season.

Old
07-30-2005, 05:20 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Doesn't look like Gawlik went. Gogulla was a somewhat surprising 2nd rounder to Buffalo.

Old
07-30-2005, 06:17 PM
Hellström

Send a message via ICQ to Hellström
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis
Doesn't look like Gawlik went. Gogulla was a somewhat surprising 2nd rounder to Buffalo.

More than surprising if you ask me....way off board with the selection.
Must have fallen in love when they went to the DEL to see how Hecht is doing...

Closed Thread