HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Around the NHL: Part IX: The Playoff Push

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-15-2011, 09:11 PM
  #1
NYGRYK21
HFWF IC Champ
 
NYGRYK21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ridge, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,282
vCash: 500
Around the NHL: Part IX: The Playoff Push

Continue here.

NYGRYK21 is offline  
Old
03-15-2011, 09:12 PM
  #2
Loffen
Wen Kroy
 
Loffen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Soft euro
Posts: 17,107
vCash: 500
Thank you Canes.

Loffen is offline  
Old
03-15-2011, 09:17 PM
  #3
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 29,987
vCash: 500
Wanted to Sabres to win so that we can distance ourselves from rest of the pack but not too disappointed. No 3 point game is great though.

darko is offline  
Old
03-15-2011, 09:20 PM
  #4
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup
 
GWOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 13,993
vCash: 500
I'm as big of an opponent of the shootout as most people, but you cant deny the tightness of these playoff races are friggin intense. There was some awesome games tonight.

GWOW is offline  
Old
03-15-2011, 09:30 PM
  #5
Muh
Beadle
 
Muh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sloatsburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,230
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Wanted to Sabres to win so that we can distance ourselves from rest of the pack but not too disappointed. No 3 point game is great though.
Yeah thank god this wasnt a 3 point game. I was also rooting for the Sabres. Id rather worry about 7th place, once we had better control of a playoff spot. But the non OT was a win in itself, so I can deal with a Canes win.

Muh is online now  
Old
03-15-2011, 09:36 PM
  #6
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 14,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Wanted to Sabres to win so that we can distance ourselves from rest of the pack but not too disappointed. No 3 point game is great though.
This without a doubt, but the lack of a 3 pt game trumps all obviously.

And the NYR win of course

silverfish is online now  
Old
03-15-2011, 09:48 PM
  #7
FromTheSide
Registered User
 
FromTheSide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 22,057
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Whats with the devils playing trash after trash after trash recently? Is there some lottery team standings championship going on or something?

FromTheSide is offline  
Old
03-15-2011, 10:06 PM
  #8
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent
 
Swept In Seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country:
Posts: 9,198
vCash: 116
No 3 point games and a win makes it a good night

Swept In Seven is offline  
Old
03-15-2011, 10:46 PM
  #9
Tawnos
Moderator
BoH Mod Only
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,276
vCash: 500
I'm one of the few who are happy with the Canes win, probably. The more teams between us and the Devils, the better.

I also enjoy the fact that we're still sitting outside the games-in-hand cushion the other teams have. Right now, we just need to keep pace.

Tawnos is online now  
Old
03-16-2011, 12:01 AM
  #10
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs
 
mrjimmyg89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,845
vCash: 500
Quietly, we are 5 points behind the Habs for 6th. Even though they have a game in hand, if the Devils are in the race and are 6 points behind Buffalo, we can still get 6th. With the next game against the Habs, if we can win, we could be 3 points back, baring they play a game before they play the Rangers.


Last edited by mrjimmyg89: 03-16-2011 at 12:06 AM.
mrjimmyg89 is offline  
Old
03-16-2011, 12:46 AM
  #11
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
Quietly, we are 5 points behind the Habs for 6th. Even though they have a game in hand, if the Devils are in the race and are 6 points behind Buffalo, we can still get 6th. With the next game against the Habs, if we can win, we could be 3 points back, baring they play a game before they play the Rangers.
The Habs do have a game, on thursday. They are playing the Lightning at home. It won't be an easy game for them. They lose to the Bolts then have to travel to NY to play the rangers friday on back to back nights. With it being the stretch run here, you might see Price on Thursday and then Auld against the rangers on friday to rest Price. I think the Habs would elect to have Price against the Lightning because that could be a potential 1st round matchup for them.

RGY is offline  
Old
03-16-2011, 12:55 AM
  #12
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 29,987
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
The Habs do have a game, on thursday. They are playing the Lightning at home. It won't be an easy game for them. They lose to the Bolts then have to travel to NY to play the rangers friday on back to back nights. With it being the stretch run here, you might see Price on Thursday and then Auld against the rangers on friday to rest Price. I think the Habs would elect to have Price against the Lightning because that could be a potential 1st round matchup for them.

That's what worries me.

darko is offline  
Old
03-16-2011, 12:57 AM
  #13
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
That's what worries me.
It crossed my mind. But at this point if you cant find a way to beat the backup on a team during a playoff push then you dont deserve to be in the playoffs.

RGY is offline  
Old
03-16-2011, 05:25 AM
  #14
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts
 
haohmaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fleming Island, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 5,334
vCash: 500
Montreal has been tough for us all year and Henrik hasn't won three in a row all year. Still, the team has been playing well and MTL is playing the night before. <fingers crossed>

haohmaru is offline  
Old
03-16-2011, 07:49 AM
  #15
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Let's go for 6th.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline  
Old
03-16-2011, 08:40 AM
  #16
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Montreal has been tough for us all year and Henrik hasn't won three in a row all year. Still, the team has been playing well and MTL is playing the night before. <fingers crossed>
Bottom line is that the Rangers have to do a much better job getting pucks cleanly to the net against Montreal. The Habs usually collapse down in front of their goalie really well against the Rangers so they gotta find a way to open that up. Maybe if they're lucky Montreal will play defense like they did last night against the Caps and things will be easier

Also, it seems like the Devils have an inordinately easy schedule for this time of the year...but maybe that's just me. They worry me, though if they lose more than 2 games they're pretty much done

Levitate is offline  
Old
03-16-2011, 08:57 AM
  #17
mullichicken25
Registered User
 
mullichicken25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,543
vCash: 500
im surprised people wanted Bufalo to win last night

you guys are gunning for 8th place i assume?

screw that, i want 6th

mullichicken25 is online now  
Old
03-16-2011, 09:04 AM
  #18
KenGuru
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oslo, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 267
vCash: 500
Rangers have not that difficult program/schedule left. 7 april they face Atlanta at home. I assume Atlanta would be out of playoff-spot possibilities by then. They are not consistent enough to reach playoffs.

Ottawa (h) 2 p (next week)
Florida (h) 2 p (next week)
Atlanta (h) 2 p (7 apr)

Rangers have 3/4 road-games in the end of march were I assume they take at leat 2 points;

Boston 0 p ?
Buffalo 1-2 p ?
Islanders 2 p ?
Philly 0 P

MTL (h) this friday 2 p (0 p)
Pittsburg (a) this sunday 0 p
Boston (h) 4 apr 2 p (Boston already made the playoff)
NJD (h) 0 p (2 p) - they can win this one too ofcourse

Total 90 points which is enough to qualify for the playoffs. Rangers are confident at MSG now after 2 great wins.

KenGuru is offline  
Old
03-16-2011, 09:11 AM
  #19
we want cup
We do not Sow
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 10,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Phoenix--After examining more than 1,000 pages of documents provided by the City of Glendale under court order in the past 10 business days, the Goldwater Institute is announcing today that it will file a legal challenge to the agreement between the City of Glendale and Chicago businessman Matthew Hulsizer to subsidize the purchase of the Phoenix Coyotes.
Quote:
The Goldwater Institute has determined the agreement violates two prohibitions of the Arizona Constitution, which requires that no Arizona government “shall ever give or loan its credit in aid of, or make any donation or grant, by subsidy or otherwise, to any individual, association, or corporation. . .” The Goldwater Institute prevailed in a similar case against corporate subsidies last year in the Arizona Supreme Court.

http://goldwaterinstitute.org/article/5821


Yikes. Looks like the Yotes could be in trouble.

__________________

RANGERS =
we want cup is online now  
Old
03-16-2011, 10:28 AM
  #20
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts
 
haohmaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fleming Island, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 5,334
vCash: 500
Winnipeg citizens must be dancing in the streets.

haohmaru is offline  
Old
03-16-2011, 12:53 PM
  #21
Abooch68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenGuru View Post
Rangers have not that difficult program/schedule left. 7 april they face Atlanta at home. I assume Atlanta would be out of playoff-spot possibilities by then. They are not consistent enough to reach playoffs.

Ottawa (h) 2 p (next week)
Florida (h) 2 p (next week)
Atlanta (h) 2 p (7 apr)

Rangers have 3/4 road-games in the end of march were I assume they take at leat 2 points;

Boston 0 p ?
Buffalo 1-2 p ?
Islanders 2 p ?
Philly 0 P

MTL (h) this friday 2 p (0 p)
Pittsburg (a) this sunday 0 p
Boston (h) 4 apr 2 p (Boston already made the playoff)
NJD (h) 0 p (2 p) - they can win this one too ofcourse

Total 90 points which is enough to qualify for the playoffs. Rangers are confident at MSG now after 2 great wins.
I like to be optimistic but saying the team is going to beat Florida Ottawa and Atlanta is a bit much.. They SHOULD beat them.. but we all know how that works out..

Abooch68 is offline  
Old
03-16-2011, 01:03 PM
  #22
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts
 
haohmaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fleming Island, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 5,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abooch68 View Post
I like to be optimistic but saying the team is going to beat Florida Ottawa and Atlanta is a bit much.. They SHOULD beat them.. but we all know how that works out..
Yeah, but the same people said or were saying we shouldn't beat San Jose...

haohmaru is offline  
Old
03-16-2011, 01:26 PM
  #23
ruckus*
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Winnipeg citizens must be dancing in the streets.
Why? They'd never get a team back as long as Bettman is here.

ruckus* is offline  
Old
03-16-2011, 01:36 PM
  #24
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs
 
mrjimmyg89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,845
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abooch68 View Post
I like to be optimistic but saying the team is going to beat Florida Ottawa and Atlanta is a bit much.. They SHOULD beat them.. but we all know how that works out..
We just beat Ottawa on the road. We should have beaten Florida if they didn't score a goal of Anisimov twice. Atlanta is the only team there that has a chance to match us and beat us. Getting 5 points from the games listed is very realistic.

mrjimmyg89 is offline  
Old
03-16-2011, 01:45 PM
  #25
NYRSchrute217
Registered User
 
NYRSchrute217's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,480
vCash: 500
Need the Leafs to beat the Hurricanes tonight. Other than that, not much scoreboard watching.

NYRSchrute217 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.