HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #70 - Carolina Hurricanes @ Buffalo Sabres (7:30 PM EDT, VS)

Old
03-15-2011, 10:22 PM
Zip15

vCash: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassian View Post
Why are there so many back-to-backs at the end of the season? We have...

3 games in 4 days
Back-to-Back
Back-to-Back
3 games in 4 days
Back-to-Back

I've peppered the suggestion box on this issue. It's long been one of my pet peeves. They need to give up their desire for Friday night home games. Too many teams in their division and in the EC play at home on Saturday night, which leads to a lot of back-to-backs and the second on the road, no less.

I suggest everyone use the suggestion box for this issue. Old ownership voluntarily put them at a competitive disadvantage.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 10:23 PM
SabresFan44

vCash: 500
I really think we will play great against the Thrashers...give the boys some rest and then they will come out firing, the Preds could be okay too, sure they are desperate and are a good team but we seem to fair well against the West so we could be lookin at two wins at home this weekend.

SabresFan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 10:24 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Boy View Post
That's fair and all, they have been impressive over the last month no doubt. That being said, that was some of the worst puck possession and protection I have seen in awhile. They absolutely deserved to lose this one.

Maybe more than anything I'm just angry that we got shut out. I ******* hate getting shutout!
It's a bitter pill to swallow, for sure, but don't mistake it for cyanide.

vcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 10:28 PM
PuckSim8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassian View Post
Why are there so many back-to-backs at the end of the season? We have...

3 games in 4 days
Back-to-Back
Back-to-Back
3 games in 4 days
Back-to-Back

Not only that, but two of the back to backs are Saturday to Sunday 7PM to 5PM games.

This schedule, I have always thought since it was released, has been absolutely brutal for this team.

PuckSim8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 10:30 PM
Ron Barr
Doing it to Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
I've peppered the suggestion box on this issue. It's long been one of my pet peeves. They need to give up their desire for Friday night home games. Too many teams in their division and in the EC play at home on Saturday night, which leads to a lot of back-to-backs and the second on the road, no less.

I suggest everyone use the suggestion box for this issue. Old ownership voluntarily put them at a competitive disadvantage.
I completely agree with this. I don't have any stats on back-to-back games, but it's pretty rare that a team actually wins both back-to-backs, especially on a regular basis. Every team in the league should have the same amount of back-to-backs throughout the season IMO. One of the games is a damn near guaranteed loss.

We've won both games of a back-to-back on 2 occasions this season, and we've had almost 20 back-to-backs so far. That's just not fair, considering some teams haven't even had 10 yet.

Ron Barr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 10:31 PM
Fly Boy
Aye Sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
It's a bitter pill to swallow, for sure, but don't mistake it for cyanide.
Agreed. It sucks, and I'm angry right now, but I'll forget about it. No need to dwell in the past and play the "what if" game. The players better do the same thing, saddle up and prepare for the next one. This team is still in the playoff hunt and I will continue to cheer them on.

Fly Boy is offline   Reply With Quote