HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Two peice stick help?

Old
03-15-2011, 04:04 PM
Jordycat13

vCash: 500
Two peice stick help?

I recently got my first composite hockey stick, a Reebok 4K, and the blade is about to break in the middle. I was wondering if it does break, can I cut the remaining part of the blade off and buy a blade for it? Or will i have to get a new stick completly?

Jordycat13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 04:39 PM
Jimmy Carter
Avs/Leafs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordycat13 View Post
I recently got my first composite hockey stick, a Reebok 4K, and the blade is about to break in the middle. I was wondering if it does break, can I cut the remaining part of the blade off and buy a blade for it? Or will i have to get a new stick completly?
Depends on how much of a stickler you are for how your stick feels. I have no problem with doing this and think my stick feels and acts just fine as a converted 2 piece, but other people really don't like it. If you've never done it before, I'd suggest trying it with a really cheap blade just to see if you mind it or not. Then if you like it just fine you can upgrade the blade if you'd like.

Jimmy Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 07:44 PM
Jordycat13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Carter View Post
Depends on how much of a stickler you are for how your stick feels. I have no problem with doing this and think my stick feels and acts just fine as a converted 2 piece, but other people really don't like it. If you've never done it before, I'd suggest trying it with a really cheap blade just to see if you mind it or not. Then if you like it just fine you can upgrade the blade if you'd like.
Thanks, i dont really mind how my stick feels, i was thinking about getting an ABS blade so i could play outside in the off season

Jordycat13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 09:40 PM
AIREAYE

those ABS blades will last a long time, it's an excellent investment, much better than an ABS wood stick at a slightly higher price imo

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 12:26 AM
silkyjohnson50*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordycat13 View Post
If it's the same 4K that i bought to play inline a year ago, then you're going to run into trouble. The 4k that i cut to replace the blade didn't have a hollow shaft - it had like a foam interior, thus not allowing me to insert a new blade. Maybe and hopefully you have a different design though. Best of luck.

silkyjohnson50* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 01:17 AM
johnjm22

I don't mind a two piece stick at all. I like to be able to mix and match my shaft/blade combination.

I currently have an RBK 11K Sickick III shaft, with an Easton Synergy SE16 blade. The stick put together only weighs 420 grams.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote