HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Matt Carle Appreciation Thread

Old
03-13-2011, 04:58 PM
Terence Peterman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
Coburn doesnt get as much flack as Carle because hes physcial at times. Carle doesnt know what taking the body means. Coburn has plenty of issues himself as does Carle. If you are a physical player people will seem to "misremember" your shortcomings around here.
I don't know if it's misremembering so much as it's feeling that's how defense should be played. I don't particularly care for one more than the other, and I think it makes sense to trade one of them, but watching Carle try to play D sometimes is damn near impossible. When he doesn't make a play that makes him look like he's wearing skates for the first time, it's not so bad.

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 06:39 PM
Norm MacDonald

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
I dont tink Coburn gets enough critism. Hes been inconsistant at times this year as has Carle. My point is that people will forgive Coburn's mistakes because he knocks people around every once in awhile. He isnt consistant enough for me on both ends of the ice just like Carle.
The crap that both players get is deserved. Some people who have hardons for certian players cant accept certian players short comings.
HF has the worst memory. Coburn was the whipping boy for the last two years. He doesn't get much flak this season because he's been very good (as has Carle).

If you want to talk about players immune from criticism, look no further than Timonen. I love him and he's been nothing short of fantastic for the Flyers, but he has dry spells just like everyone else. Whenever he makes mistakes, everyone looks to pass off the blame.

Norm MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 06:52 PM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm MacDonald View Post
HF has the worst memory. Coburn was the whipping boy for the last two years. He doesn't get much flak this season because he's been very good (as has Carle).

If you want to talk about players immune from criticism, look no further than Timonen. I love him and he's been nothing short of fantastic for the Flyers, but he has dry spells just like everyone else. Whenever he makes mistakes, everyone looks to pass off the blame.
That's because Timonen's like a war buddy. It's hard to hate on the guy who taken shot after shot after shot for you, particularly when he can still contribute elsewhere, even if irregularly.

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 07:09 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBoone View Post
You really think there's a chance in hell Holmgren would even consider trading Carle? His value is off the charts. He assists on crucial plays, has the best breakout pass on the team, is young and still developing, and doesn't get injured. Yes, everybody wants a flashy player like Coburn who can hit on occasion, but that is overrated among fans.

Who is going to replace him? Boynton, Walker, Bartulis or Syvret? Those guys couldn't handle his jock. You do know OD is gone after this year right? Who is going to replace him? If they trade Carle the D-corps overall will be much weaker than this year, which is BAD since we have the most asinine goaltenders around who can't stop ****.

Plus, you think Coburn would last 5 minutes on Pronger's line? Pronger would *****-slap that idiot so fast it would make his beak spin.
Bwahahahahahahahaha. Matt Carle is a fine hockey player, but that statement is just pure lunacy.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 07:09 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

LOL @ this thread/board.

Richards sucks, Giroux sucks and has an attitude problem, Carle appreciation thread.

Give me a ****ing break, people.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 07:21 PM
Norm MacDonald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Blaine View Post
That's because Timonen's like a war buddy. It's hard to hate on the guy who taken shot after shot after shot for you, particularly when he can still contribute elsewhere, even if irregularly.
People can still love him (as they should). I just believe in attributing blame properly.

Norm MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 07:25 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex Storm View Post
LOL @ this thread/board.

Richards sucks, Giroux sucks and has an attitude problem, Carle appreciation thread.

Give me a ****ing break, people.
Matt "1%" Carle is a phenom

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 07:49 PM
Uncle Sam

Just read the whole thread. I'm not saying Matt Carle is a "Phenom" or anything but are people really critizing him. I feel that a lot of Flyers fans don't realize what value him and Coburn mean to this team. As someone said, who are the Flyers going to replace him with? Who's honestly in free agency at his $$$ value. At his price, everything is a downgrade.

You wanna trade him for picks? Fine but insert Boynton/Syvret/Gufstasson and the defense is pretty downgraded, here we go again with a sub-par 3rd pairing.

Have all of you been satisfied with Pronger this season? He sure as hell looks slower.

Uncle Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 09:34 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sam View Post
Just read the whole thread. I'm not saying Matt Carle is a "Phenom" or anything but are people really critizing him. I feel that a lot of Flyers fans don't realize what value him and Coburn mean to this team. As someone said, who are the Flyers going to replace him with? Who's honestly in free agency at his $$$ value. At his price, everything is a downgrade.

You wanna trade him for picks? Fine but insert Boynton/Syvret/Gufstasson and the defense is pretty downgraded, here we go again with a sub-par 3rd pairing.

Have all of you been satisfied with Pronger this season? He sure as hell looks slower.
You mean... like how most teams 3rd pairing is? 99% of the teams dont have a 1-6 who could play in the top 4. A third pairing is supposed to play 10-15 minutes a night, not everyone playing evenly.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 11:10 PM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
You mean... like how most teams 3rd pairing is? 99% of the teams dont have a 1-6 who could play in the top 4. A third pairing is supposed to play 10-15 minutes a night, not everyone playing evenly.
I think he means going back again to how our third line D's were last season.

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 10:37 AM
HoverCarle*

Shooting % is at 0.95% now.

Old
03-16-2011, 10:41 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan187 View Post
I think he means going back again to how our third line D's were last season.
Yeah, well, that's silly too... last year we had a mid-season UFA, rookie, and oft-injured guy that never developed as our third pairing. You can do significantly better than that without breaking the bank.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 03:04 PM
mja
Negative Creep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
Okay, I guess. Just know that there is a difference between not being able to accept a player has shortcomings, and accepting that all players are going to have shortcomings, and that's okay to an extent. I'm doing the latter. Individual greatness (relative to his NHL peers) isn't within every player's grasp.
You've hit the nail on the head.

Too many people look at Coburn and Carle and only see what they aren't. Not enough people look at what they are. People look at Coburn and think, "not consistently physical, handles the puck like a hand grenade in his own zone at times" instead of "gigantic, fast, surprisingly agile defensive dman who won't get beat one on one and will occasionally play very physical and look dominant." People look at Carle and think "not physical, prone to passing to teammates who can't possibly be ready for the pass in his own zone" instead of "positionally sound, amazingly quick thinker who is able to make passes that 95% of the league can't even dream of making in their wildest dreams."

I would have KILLED to have had a Matt Carle on the blue line during the LOD days. Outside of Niinimaa's rookie year in 97, we never had a guy even remotely like that backing up Rico.

But no, no, people, please continue ripping him because he has a 1% shooting percentage and one measly goal, nevermind the 30 assists, many coming on absolutely ridiculous game-changing passes.

mja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 03:19 PM
flyersfan018

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Shooting % is at 0.95% now.
Why is this troll even allowed in this thread?

flyersfan018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 03:23 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan018 View Post
Hi, you must be new.

agrudez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 03:44 PM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan018 View Post
It is widely known that I dislike Carle. I didn't realize this thread had a rule in it that said that only good things are allowed to be said about Carle.

Carle makes some great offensive plays, I just don't think it is worth his defensive suck

Old
03-16-2011, 03:45 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
It is widely known that I dislike Carle. I didn't realize this thread had a rule in it that said that only good things are allowed to be said about Carle
IT SAYS APPRECIATION RIGHT IN THE TITLE YOU INSUFFERABLE TROLL!!!!1111111ONEONEONEoneoneone

Old
03-16-2011, 03:48 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
Hi, you must be new.
Lol I said that to him the other day when he got pissed at me for hating boosh.

Old
03-16-2011, 03:51 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Lol I said that to him the other day when he got pissed at me for hating boosh.
Dude, everyone who has been here for more than a week knows why you hate Boosh. If he had ****ed my mother I would hate him, too.

Old
03-16-2011, 03:55 PM
HoverCarle*

Hi guys, my name is Hover I enjoy flyers hockey, long walks on the beach. My favorite players are Richards, Giroux, Pronger and Timonen.

I dislike Matt Carle and Dan Carcillo

Any questions?

Old
03-16-2011, 03:57 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Hi guys, my name is Hover I enjoy flyers hockey, long walks on the beach. My favorite players are Richards, Giroux, Pronger and Timonen.

I dislike Matt Carle and Dan Carcillo

Any questions?
Welcome, contestant. Question one: where would you take Matt Carle on a first date?

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 03:59 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
Dude, everyone who has been here for more than a week knows why you hate Boosh. If he had ****ed my mother I would hate him, too.
FUUUU. Go suck Carle's nuts you *******.

Old
03-16-2011, 04:00 PM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
Welcome, contestant. Question one: where would you take Matt Carle on a first date?
To the Blue Jackets probably

Old
03-16-2011, 04:01 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
To the Blue Jackets probably
Double Date? Ill bring Boosh.