HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kasparitis

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-29-2005, 11:14 PM
  #26
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
Its a mistake. Anytime you are paying somebody more than they are worth its a mistake. I don't know how you can say he is good with young players?

The Rangers don't need Kasper but they are paying him like they do. He is going to have zero trade value because they "new" NHL is not going to be his game. The guy isn't fast and is often out of position. He isn't going to help this team win games.

I find this hilarious. Its 3 million dollars. How the hell are you so sure Sather is going to spend right to 39 million on the cap? Maybe in 2 years he might but by then he could trade Kaspar to a team with that 3 million dollar cap room. Kaspar plays out of position? VERY RARELY he does..hes a defensive defensman, the rare time he gets out of position is by going for the big hit..which if you watched the Rangers in the 03-4 season you would have been able to see he stopped doing that and played a very smart game. He isn't going to help win games...how many players in the NHL win game by themself?????

Jeeze talk about people here overreacting talking about how grossly overpaid he is.

I also find it funny how people say he played horrible on defense...could you explain the +11 he was on the Rangers? We had one of the highest GA in the league but he still managed to pull off a +11.


Last edited by FLYLine24: 07-29-2005 at 11:39 PM.
FLYLine24 is offline  
Old
07-29-2005, 11:15 PM
  #27
dedalus
Registered User
 
dedalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Aim 4588
Plus i dont get what your point is anyway.
Yes I see that. I will write directly. You claim that the team should keep DK because: "Kaspar works hard and when the young guys around him see that it will give them the MOTIVATION to do the same."

Your claim is false. There were plenty of hard-working players around Alex Daigle and Pavel Brendl in their careers. It did not give either of them the motivation to the same. Motivation and hard work are internal products; you don't get them by watching somebody else (except arguably your role models when you're still a young child).

dedalus is offline  
Old
07-29-2005, 11:20 PM
  #28
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
Uh huh. So I take it you're saying right now that no kid will be playing on the first line with Nylander and Jagr. So if Balej or Lundmark show up on that line, you'll be writing me a post and telling me that you were wrong - that kids WILL play on the first line not having earned it, and that, therefore, is not the reason Nylander was signed.
Yes that is EXACTLY what im saying, the Rangers aren't going to put a kid on the first line right the first game, they will obviously be signing someone on play LW. When a kid earns his spot on the 1st line..he will get it. If you think a kid will be there the first game then i hope your never thinking of becoming a coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
In any case, you're not answering my question: Does Nylander help a rebuilding? What about Jagr? If you're going to apply that quote to DK, you must apply it to these players as well.
I dont know anything about Nylander to say if he works well with kids or not..but i do know his past 8 NHL years he's played on young teams. Does he help with the rebuilding? I guess we'll find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
Easy enough claim to make. Considering that the UFA market under the new cap standards has yet to be set, I wonder how you could possibly support it?
How I support it? Common sense bro, get some. You think top4 dman who are one of the better hitters in the game are going to go for 1.1 million bucks? Get out of lala land.

FLYLine24 is offline  
Old
07-29-2005, 11:23 PM
  #29
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,733
vCash: 500
BTW Ded, can you explain why you have such hatred toward him? Is it because of the "huge" contract he has while we are rebuilding? Something else?

FLYLine24 is offline  
Old
07-29-2005, 11:28 PM
  #30
dedalus
Registered User
 
dedalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
Yes that is EXACTLY what im saying
Okay. So if it happens I will get your public statement, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
Does he help with the rebuilding? I guess we'll find out.
Not good enough. You quote Sather as saying they wouldn't sign a player unless he helps the rebuild. That's not compatible with "we'll find out."

Oh yeah: Jagr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
How I support it? Common sense bro, get some. You think top4 dman who are one of the better hitters in the game are going to go for 1.1 million bucks? Get out of lala land.
Heh. Thanks for the easy one. Here's my reply:

"Common sense bro, get some. You think 33-year-old number 4/5 defensemen who have cut back on their hitting are going to go for 2 million bucks? Get out of lala land."

You see? There's really no proof at all, merely one claim used to back up another.

Quote:
can you explain why you have such hatred toward him?
You see? This is what I mean by your clouded vision. If I say Sather has made a mistake, the only possible reason I could have is hatred for DK. You're confused, my friend.

dedalus is offline  
Old
07-29-2005, 11:32 PM
  #31
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
Okay. So if it happens I will get your public statement, right?


Not good enough. You quote Sather as saying they wouldn't sign a player unless he helps the rebuild. That's not compatible with "we'll find out."


Heh. Thanks for the easy one. Here's my reply:

"Common sense bro, get some. You think 33-year-old number 4/5 defensemen who have cut back on their hitting are going to go for 2 million bucks? Get out of lala land."

You see? There's really no proof at all, merely one claim used to back up another.
If you think hes a #5 defenseman then I guess this argument is pointless. Not even worth the time. And if you said that in the NHL Section i think you'd get laughed off the board.

FLYLine24 is offline  
Old
07-29-2005, 11:33 PM
  #32
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
I find this hilarious. Its 3 million dollars. How the hell are you so sure Sather is going to spend right to 39 million on the cap? Maybe in 2 years he might but by then he could trade Kaspar to a team with that 3 million dollar cap room. Kaspar plays out of position? VERY RARELY he does..hes a defensive defensman, the rare time he gets out of position is by going for the big hit..which if you watched the Rangers in the 03-4 season you would have been able to see he stopped doing that and played a very smart game. He isn't going to help win games...how many players in the NHL win game by themself?????

Jeeze talk about people here overreacting talking about how grossly overpaid he is.

I also find it funny how people say he played horrible on defense...could you explain the +11 he was on the Rangers? We had one of the highest GA in the league but he still managed to pull off a +11.
I don't get "son of steinberg"?

anyway lets get back to the point at hand. You aren't getting my point. Kasper is not worth 3 million dollars a year and its bad asset managament for a team that finally has a budget. He isn't isn't an awful player but the fast paced game is not his game.

Wow the still keep track of the most overrated stat in sports since the game game winning rbi. +/- doesn't say anything about his game.

Kasper just isn't worth the money and i'm sorry to see the rangers keep him. Its not like he has one year left on his deal. In 3 years 3 million dollars a year could be the differance between signing a big name free agent or not.

Managing the cap is about thinking 3 years down the road (at least)

Do you think the new england patriots would VASTLY overpay a player. That team should be the model for all nhl teams. The Rangers did the wrong thing in this case and no matter what anybody says i won't change my mind.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
07-29-2005, 11:37 PM
  #33
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
I don't get "son of steinberg"?

anyway lets get back to the point at hand. You aren't getting my point. Kasper is not worth 3 million dollars a year and its bad asset managament for a team that finally has a budget. He isn't isn't an awful player but the fast paced game is not his game.

Wow the still keep track of the most overrated stat in sports since the game game winning rbi. +/- doesn't say anything about his game.

Kasper just isn't worth the money and i'm sorry to see the rangers keep him. Its not like he has one year left on his deal. In 3 years 3 million dollars a year could be the differance between signing a big name free agent or not.

Managing the cap is about thinking 3 years down the road (at least)

Do you think the new england patriots would VASTLY overpay a player. That team should be the model for all nhl teams. The Rangers did the wrong thing in this case and no matter what anybody says i won't change my mind.
Alright I would agree but we are rebuilding...we "should" have lots of extra money we will be saving with half our roster being rookies and 1st and 2nd year players. If we werent in rebuild mode I'd be a little POed if Sather didnt buy him out, but again thats not the case. Honeslty..we should be signing a big name free agent in the next 3 years until we come out with a core of guys who will can carry the team to the playoffs.

Sorry about the Son of steinberg thing...I have some spell checker thing on my browser (since I am the worst speller on the board) and it must of changed it to that and I didnt notice

FLYLine24 is offline  
Old
07-29-2005, 11:38 PM
  #34
dedalus
Registered User
 
dedalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
If you think hes a #5 defenseman then I guess this argument is pointless. Not even worth the time.
Come now! Are you really running away over a minor point? There's an entire post there that can be addressed without even discussing whether Dk is a top-four defenseman or a 4/5.

At the very least you should be ready to acknowledge that you will issue your statement that you were wrong about Nylander if the facts show it. All I'm asking for is your confirmation.

dedalus is offline  
Old
07-29-2005, 11:40 PM
  #35
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
Come now! Are you really running away over a minor point? There's an entire post there that can be addressed without even discussing whether Dk is a top-four defenseman or a 4/5.

At the very least you should be ready to acknowledge that you will issue your statement that you were wrong about Nylander if the facts show it. All I'm asking for is your confirmation.
A minor point? Thats a huge point IMO because that is how your looking at him and that is what you are judging him against (other 4/5 Defenseman)

FLYLine24 is offline  
Old
07-29-2005, 11:41 PM
  #36
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
I find this hilarious. Its 3 million dollars. How the hell are you so sure Sather is going to spend right to 39 million on the cap? Maybe in 2 years he might but by then he could trade Kaspar to a team with that 3 million dollar cap room. Kaspar plays out of position? VERY RARELY he does..hes a defensive defensman, the rare time he gets out of position is by going for the big hit..which if you watched the Rangers in the 03-4 season you would have been able to see he stopped doing that and played a very smart game. He isn't going to help win games...how many players in the NHL win game by themself?????

Jeeze talk about people here overreacting talking about how grossly overpaid he is.

I also find it funny how people say he played horrible on defense...could you explain the +11 he was on the Rangers? We had one of the highest GA in the league but he still managed to pull off a +11.
I don't get "son of steinberg"? EXPLAIN

anyway lets get back to the point at hand. You aren't getting my point. Kasper is not worth 3 million dollars a year and its bad asset managament for a team that finally has a budget. He isn't an awful player but the fast paced game is not his game.

Wow the still keep track of the most overrated stat in sports since the game winning rbi. +/- doesn't say anything about his game.

Kasper just isn't worth the money and i'm sorry to see the rangers keep him. Its not like he has one year left on his deal. In 3 years 3 million dollars a year could be the differance between signing a big name free agent or not.

Managing the cap is about thinking 3 years down the road (at least)

Do you think the new england patriots would VASTLY overpay a player. That team should be the model for all nhl teams. The Rangers did the wrong thing in this case and no matter what anybody says i won't change my mind.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
07-29-2005, 11:41 PM
  #37
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
Come now! Are you really running away over a minor point? There's an entire post there that can be addressed without even discussing whether Dk is a top-four defenseman or a 4/5.

At the very least you should be ready to acknowledge that you will issue your statement that you were wrong about Nylander if the facts show it. All I'm asking for is your confirmation.
The Nylander signing was made way before the Rangers organization came out with the comments that any players signed would only be players to help the rebuild process. To be frank i dont think its fair to bring Nylander into that debate.

FLYLine24 is offline  
Old
07-29-2005, 11:43 PM
  #38
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
I don't get "son of steinberg"? EXPLAIN

anyway lets get back to the point at hand. You aren't getting my point. Kasper is not worth 3 million dollars a year and its bad asset managament for a team that finally has a budget. He isn't an awful player but the fast paced game is not his game.

Wow the still keep track of the most overrated stat in sports since the game winning rbi. +/- doesn't say anything about his game.

Kasper just isn't worth the money and i'm sorry to see the rangers keep him. Its not like he has one year left on his deal. In 3 years 3 million dollars a year could be the differance between signing a big name free agent or not.

Managing the cap is about thinking 3 years down the road (at least)

Do you think the new england patriots would VASTLY overpay a player. That team should be the model for all nhl teams. The Rangers did the wrong thing in this case and no matter what anybody says i won't change my mind.
?? I replied to your orginal post.

Kasper can keep up with players...players like Purinton are the slow ones where the -9 shows it. +- is overrated yes(more so for offense)..but it still means something.

FLYLine24 is offline  
Old
07-29-2005, 11:46 PM
  #39
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
?? I replied to your orginal post.

Kasper can keep up with players...players like Purinton are the slow ones where the -9 shows it. +- is overrated yes(more so for offense)..but it still means something.
I don't get son of steinberg?

please answer that question.

+- means nothing.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
07-29-2005, 11:47 PM
  #40
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
I don't get son of steinberg?

please answer that question.

+- means nothing.
Again..I answered that in my original reply
Quote:
Sorry about the Son of steinberg thing...I have some spell checker thing on my browser (since I am the worst speller on the board) and it must of changed it to that and I didnt notice

FLYLine24 is offline  
Old
07-29-2005, 11:48 PM
  #41
dedalus
Registered User
 
dedalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
A minor point? Thats a huge point IMO because that is how your looking at him and that is what you are judging him against (other 4/5 Defenseman)
Pshaw! You might just as easily say I'm judging him for being 33 years old or for the fact that - by your own admission - he's not hitting as he once did. Tell you what, feel free to cut out the "4/5th defenseman part" and base the argument on a 33-year-old hitting defensman who doesn't hit like he once did and who's under a three year deal.

But take up that argument or not, my point is proved. You have utterly no way to support your claim that 90% of the teams would offer DK $2M. All you can do is say it's so and then back it up by saying it's so in a different way.

Beyond that you can still address the entire half post that talks about Nylander and Jagr rather than DK. Heck, you might even discuss why you think I hate DK.

Oh yeah. I thought your idea about Kaspar and the NHL board sounded fun, so I posted it there. We'll see if I'm laughed off the boards, mmm-k?

dedalus is offline  
Old
07-29-2005, 11:50 PM
  #42
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
Pshaw! You might just as easily say I'm judging him for being 33 years old or for the fact that - by your own admission - he's not hitting as he once did. Tell you what, feel free to cut out the "4/5th defenseman part" and base the argument on a 33-year-old hitting defensman who doesn't hit like he once did and who's under a three year deal.

Beyond that you can still address the entire half post that talks about Nylander and Jagr rather than DK. Heck, you might even discuss why you think I hate DK.

Oh yeah. I thought your idea about Kaspar and the NHL board sounded fun, so I posted it there. We'll see if I'm laughed off the boards, mmm-k?
I know he's not hitting like he did because he's playing smarter and not going out of his way to land the huge hits all the time(like i stated in a previous post). But trust me he still one of the biggest hitters in the league..you didnt happen to see that hit that was all over the internet in the winter...he almost killed a guy with a huge open ice hit in the Russian Super League.

FLYLine24 is offline  
Old
07-30-2005, 12:03 AM
  #43
dedalus
Registered User
 
dedalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
To be frank i dont think its fair to bring Nylander into that debate.
So why did you so staunchly defend it across several posts? Why this sudden reluctance and claim that it's "unfair" to bring it up?

Your defense of Nylander was that he was helping the rebuilding by "filling a void" and seeing to it that no kids got unearned time on the top line. Are you now backing off that?

Beyond that your assertion here is dubious and it still doesn't address Jagr. If the statement is to applied to potential buyouts in addition to UFA signings, it must be applied to Jagr. Will you be arguing that Jagr is only here because he's good for the rebuilding? Is he also here to fill a void and see to it that an undeserving kid doesn't get first line time.

Either way it seems to me that you've twice committed to a
statement that no kids would be playing on the first line until they "earned" first line time. Are you prepared to back that up or are you not?

Quote:
I know he's not hitting like he did because he's playing smarter and not going out of his way to land the huge hits all the time
Or he's playing quieter because he's 33 yearss old. You know what? Doesn't matter what the REAL reason is. The fact of the matter is that GMs will use his drop in physicality to bring down what they will pay him, and that's what this argument is all about.

dedalus is offline  
Old
07-30-2005, 12:35 AM
  #44
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
So why did you so staunchly defend it across several posts? Why this sudden reluctance and claim that it's "unfair" to bring it up?

Your defense of Nylander was that he was helping the rebuilding by "filling a void" and seeing to it that no kids got unearned time on the top line. Are you now backing off that?

Beyond that your assertion here is dubious and it still doesn't address Jagr. If the statement is to applied to potential buyouts in addition to UFA signings, it must be applied to Jagr. Will you be arguing that Jagr is only here because he's good for the rebuilding? Is he also here to fill a void and see to it that an undeserving kid doesn't get first line time.

Either way it seems to me that you've twice committed to a
statement that no kids would be playing on the first line until they "earned" first line time. Are you prepared to back that up or are you not?


Or he's playing quieter because he's 33 yearss old. You know what? Doesn't matter what the REAL reason is. The fact of the matter is that GMs will use his drop in physicality to bring down what they will pay him, and that's what this argument is all about.
I orginally didnt even answer it. You kept asking so i just said all I know is he played 8 years on teams with young players. And that time will tell if hes good in the rebuild. I didnt imply ANYTHING.

Quote:
In any case, you're not answering my question: Does Nylander help a rebuilding? What about Jagr? If you're going to apply that quote to DK, you must apply it to these players as well.
I am prepared to back it up? Sure, but what are you talking about backing it up? Ill stand my more opinion throughout the season.

FLYLine24 is offline  
Old
07-30-2005, 12:37 AM
  #45
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor
 
klingsor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 14,109
vCash: 500
Kaspairities has 3 years remaining at over $3,3 million per year.

That means in 2007-08 when we may actually be a good team looking to pick up a quality UFA to fill a hole, his salary may come back to bite our ass (as dedalus so eloquently states it).

It's also possible that the cap may be less than $39 million by that time.

It's a mistake.

klingsor is offline  
Old
07-30-2005, 12:54 AM
  #46
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by klingsor
Kaspairities has 3 years remaining at over $3,3 million per year.

That means in 2007-08 when we may actually be a good team looking to pick up a quality UFA to fill a hole, his salary may come back to bite our ass (as dedalus so eloquently states it).

It's also possible that the cap may be less than $39 million by that time.

It's a mistake.
The cap has a greater chance of being less than $39 million for 2006-07 than in 07-08

Quality free agent?

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
07-30-2005, 05:18 PM
  #47
dedalus
Registered User
 
dedalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
1 I orginally didnt even answer it. You kept asking so 2 i just said all I know is he played 8 years on teams with young players. And that time will tell if hes good in the rebuild. 3 I didnt imply ANYTHING.
Jesus this pi**es me off! I cannot believe you're going to make me waste my time reviewing what you have written merely because you can no longer defend your original position but refuse to admit you erred in asuming it. But since you're insisting on that game:

1. Pardon me? I posed the question about Nylander in the 14th post of this thread. You answered it in your very next post (#21). Why are you changing your story, especially when all one need do is look at the thread to see you're changing your story?!?

2. Another attempt at revision:
* You attempted to defend paying DK his ridiculous salary by applying Sather's quote: "they will be signing only players who they feel will help the rebuilding...Kaspar is one of those players." (post 9)
* I responded that if that was the case, it must also apply to both Nylander and Jagr. (post 14)
* Your rebuttal was that Nylander WAS here to aid the rebuilding: " Nylander was signed to filled a void as our first line center. No kids are going to be playing on the top line until they EARN it." (post 21)
* I replied that you must hold the position that if Nylander (and thus DK by extension) was with the team to prevent an undeserving youth from getting top ice time, you must agree that no kids would be playing on the top line with Nylander and Jagr. (post 25)
* Your responded thus: " Yes that is EXACTLY what im saying, the Rangers aren't going to put a kid on the first line right the first game, they will obviously be signing someone on play LW. When a kid earns his spot on the 1st line..he will get it. If you think a kid will be there the first game then i hope your never thinking of becoming a coach."


So for starters we now see that you did quite more than "just said all I know is he played 8 years on teams with young players." You have claimed and defended the position that Nylander was brought to the team only to help the rebuilding. You have actually proposed why & how Nylander is helping in the rebuilding.

3. Well we can certainly agree that you didn't imply anything. You constructed an actual case to defend the proposition that Nylander was brought here only to help rebuild the team (and thus that DK has been retained only for the same reason).

Subsequent to this, as your argument fell to pieces, you twice attempted to back away from the argument:
* in post 31 when you said it wasn't worth pursuing b/c of my claim regarding DK's worth as a defenseman. (More on that below)
* in post 37 when you claimed the whole Nylander point was "unfair" (although I still wait for a response on Jagr because his situation is identical to DK's).

And now I'll ask you never again to make me run through an entire thread because you: (a) wish to run away from your own argument, or (b) can't remember what you yourself wrote and are too lazy to research for yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
I am prepared to back it up? Sure, but what are you talking about backing it up?
Are you willing to publically state that you were wrong in your assertion that Nylander was brought here only to help the rebuilding and that "No kids are going to be playing on the top line until they EARN it."

You've challenged me directly and publically with your statement, "If you think a kid will be there the first game then i hope your never thinking of becoming a coach." I want to know if you're man enough to directly and publically admit when you're wrong (if you're wrong).

In addition to agreeing to those terms, you might start by reexamining this statement: " If you think hes a #5 defenseman then I guess this argument is pointless ... And if you said that in the NHL Section i think you'd get laughed off the board."

A quick examination of that thread (http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=156108) will show you that I'm pretty far from being laughed off the board. In fact, given that the majority of assessments agree with me, not you, I'd think you'd be the one saying goodbye to these boards.

As I wrote previously, you obviously have great affection for the guy. That's fine but recognize that your affection is warping your sense of what he is and moreso what he is worth in the new hard-capped NHL.

dedalus is offline  
Old
07-30-2005, 06:13 PM
  #48
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
Jesus this pi**es me off! I cannot believe you're going to make me waste my time reviewing what you have written merely because you can no longer defend your original position but refuse to admit you erred in asuming it. But since you're insisting on that game:

1. Pardon me? I posed the question about Nylander in the 14th post of this thread. You answered it in your very next post (#21). Why are you changing your story, especially when all one need do is look at the thread to see you're changing your story?!?

2. Another attempt at revision:
* You attempted to defend paying DK his ridiculous salary by applying Sather's quote: "they will be signing only players who they feel will help the rebuilding...Kaspar is one of those players." (post 9)
* I responded that if that was the case, it must also apply to both Nylander and Jagr. (post 14)
* Your rebuttal was that Nylander WAS here to aid the rebuilding: " Nylander was signed to filled a void as our first line center. No kids are going to be playing on the top line until they EARN it." (post 21)
* I replied that you must hold the position that if Nylander (and thus DK by extension) was with the team to prevent an undeserving youth from getting top ice time, you must agree that no kids would be playing on the top line with Nylander and Jagr. (post 25)
* Your responded thus: " Yes that is EXACTLY what im saying, the Rangers aren't going to put a kid on the first line right the first game, they will obviously be signing someone on play LW. When a kid earns his spot on the 1st line..he will get it. If you think a kid will be there the first game then i hope your never thinking of becoming a coach."


So for starters we now see that you did quite more than "just said all I know is he played 8 years on teams with young players." You have claimed and defended the position that Nylander was brought to the team only to help the rebuilding. You have actually proposed why & how Nylander is helping in the rebuilding.

3. Well we can certainly agree that you didn't imply anything. You constructed an actual case to defend the proposition that Nylander was brought here only to help rebuild the team (and thus that DK has been retained only for the same reason).

Subsequent to this, as your argument fell to pieces, you twice attempted to back away from the argument:
* in post 31 when you said it wasn't worth pursuing b/c of my claim regarding DK's worth as a defenseman. (More on that below)
* in post 37 when you claimed the whole Nylander point was "unfair" (although I still wait for a response on Jagr because his situation is identical to DK's).

And now I'll ask you never again to make me run through an entire thread because you: (a) wish to run away from your own argument, or (b) can't remember what you yourself wrote and are too lazy to research for yourself.


Are you willing to publically state that you were wrong in your assertion that Nylander was brought here only to help the rebuilding and that "No kids are going to be playing on the top line until they EARN it."

You've challenged me directly and publically with your statement, "If you think a kid will be there the first game then i hope your never thinking of becoming a coach." I want to know if you're man enough to directly and publically admit when you're wrong (if you're wrong).

In addition to agreeing to those terms, you might start by reexamining this statement: " If you think hes a #5 defenseman then I guess this argument is pointless ... And if you said that in the NHL Section i think you'd get laughed off the board."

A quick examination of that thread (http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=156108) will show you that I'm pretty far from being laughed off the board. In fact, given that the majority of assessments agree with me, not you, I'd think you'd be the one saying goodbye to these boards.

As I wrote previously, you obviously have great affection for the guy. That's fine but recognize that your affection is warping your sense of what he is and moreso what he is worth in the new hard-capped NHL.
K bud, time to relax..your getting to into this for me.

Last time..Your the one that said it has to be the case for Jagr and Nylander..I did not. I said it doesn't have to be the case with them because Sather and Maloney didnt put out all those comments about only signing players while they were being signed, those comments are new. I said it was smart to keep Kaspar because he can help the kids...again..nothing about we have to buyout players because they dont fit that mold. Your really having a hard time understanding this so im just going to end it now. Feel free to continue arguing with yourself if you please, but if you really want to continue this pointless argument feel free to PM me.

FLYLine24 is offline  
Old
07-30-2005, 10:21 PM
  #49
dedalus
Registered User
 
dedalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
Your the one that said it has to be the case for Jagr and Nylander..I did not. I said it doesn't have to be the case with them because Sather and Maloney didnt put out all those comments about only signing players while they were being signed, those comments are new.
*sigh* No you didn't but I won't correct you again on what you actually wrote. What I will say is this, Jagr's position is identical to Kasparaitis's. If Sather said they are keeping (i.e. not buying out) only the players who will help the rebuilding, that must apply to Jagr as well as DK. If it concerns buyouts, it doesn't matter when Sather said it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
Your really having a hard time understanding this so im just going to end it now.
Heh. Nooooo I think we both know that's not the problem.

dedalus is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.