HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chokejob

Old
03-16-2011, 12:39 PM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Precisely. They put us on because we are a good ratings draw. We watch and we watch more than just the Sabres. What was the quote from a few years ago? Paraphrasing a TV exec from VS. - "Buffalo is a force of nature".
Someone has or had it in their singature.

Also mentioned how we cream American Idol I believe.

Wish I could comment more...but it seems that every night I have off the Sabres do. And every night I close the Sabres play.

BuiltTagonTough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 12:39 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
He hasn't seemed the same since his injury. Whether or not thats why he is struggling I have no idea.
True that. Then again, Miller hasn't been either and he gets no slack for it as well.

03-16-2011, 12:46 PM
joshjull

Quote:
True that. Then again, Miller hasn't been either and he gets no slack for it as well.
Hey if we can still post on HF when we're sick. Then they should still be able to play at their best even if they're nicked.

joshjull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 12:50 PM
jlr
\m/o.o\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip View Post
On the flip side, I think the value for Connolly was at best a 3rd rounder and Grier was likely closer to a 5th or 6th.
I think Darcy probably did shop Connolly, but the offers were low (3rd or less), and with Roy being an unknown quantity at this point, he probably hedged his bets and figures he'll know more about Roy as we get closer to July 1, and can make a decision on Connolly then.

I hate to see the guy still in a Sabres sweater, but I can at least see the reasoning behind it, if the return really was that low. Hell, if Boyes only got a 2nd, TC was probably not even worth a 3rd.

jlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 01:23 PM
Kevbeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
Especially that one shift he had in the 3rd, where he blew a tire at center ice; coughed up the puck; and proceeded to take the boarding penalty.

He's been generally consistent over the season and better than not on most nights but his play in the past few games does resemble some of the meltdowns he had last season during the second half.
In Monty's defense, the boarding call was weak, especially if you consider time remaining on the clock. Player has the puck...head down...and Monty makes contact with the shoulder. Must of been the make up call for Weber clipping the ref.

Also see the missed high stick on Skinner earlier in the game. Definitely should have been called, but that might be one of the most blatant dives I've seen all year.

Kevbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 01:42 PM
dire wolf
be cool

They just looked plain ol' tired last night, and Ward was rock solid. They could have easily scored 2-3 against another goalie. McCormick and Timmy got robbed by Ward, and Vanek made a sweet move that he easily could have scored on, among others.

Ennis looked much slower than normal. Every time he tried to go wide (which was pretty much every time), he got squeezed by the defenseman and just had to dump it in. Previously, he was beating the d-man regularly and setting up the forecheck or a good scoring play down low.

Myers also looked pretty gassed - and not just on that ridiculous marathon shift he got caught on.

On the plus side, Miller was good, although he gave up a few rebounds that the D did a nice job of cleaning up. Pommers was one of the better players on the ice, and Mancari probably had his best game since last year. Also, the PK continues to be solid.

BTW, and OT, I just saw on another thread that Nieds has the worst career +/- among all active players, at -120. Pretty impressive. (http://www.nhl.com/ice/app?service=p...usMinus&pg=152)

dire wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 03:20 PM
minuteater
does not cohmpeet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
Because we're #2 in terms of local TV ratings, behind only the Pittsburgh Penguins, and the Buffalo market always draws well nationally (see the gold medal game last year; #1 in terms of ratings in the United States).
Buffalo topped Olympic hockey ratings

Quote:
He commented in his post-game presser about how "some of their guys go down easy" so he's already working the officiating side of things for their finale. I expect it will come up before the game too, probably in Ruff's game day skate press huddle.

Precisely. They put us on because we are a good ratings draw. We watch and we watch more than just the Sabres. What was the quote from a few years ago? Paraphrasing a TV exec from VS. - "Buffalo is a force of nature".
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltTagonTough View Post
Someone has or had it in their singature.

Also mentioned how we cream American Idol I believe.

Wish I could comment more...but it seems that every night I have off the Sabres do. And every night I close the Sabres play.
Here's the other article Another Hockeytown. Figures that it would be during the 06-07 season

Quote:
On Versus, Buffalo has the highest ratings and the most viewers. “The Buffalo fans are a force of nature,” said Gavin Harvey, the president of Versus. “We crushed ‘American Idol’ up there.”
Been lurking since last year. Yeah I know everyone could google these but figured I'd provide the links...

It was more disappointing that they didn't score since I wanted to hear RJ's call in the arena after a goal... but there weren't any

minuteater is offline   Reply With Quote