Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Western Europe
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Western Europe Great Britain, France, Switzerland, Austria, Netherlands, Spain

playoff action !!

Old
03-13-2011, 03:19 PM
Purple hippo

vCash: 500
What a huge surprise, Visp upsets La Chaux-de-Fonds and finds themselves in the final against Lausanne. So a rematch from last year and the 3rd straight for Lausanne, should be highly interesting.

Come on Lausanne, gain promotion!!

Purple hippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 05:42 PM
torero

Quote:
Originally Posted by torero View Post

Davos - Fribourg : Davos in 5
Kloten - ZSC : Kloten in 6
Bern - Langnau : SCB in 6
Zug - Servette : Zug in 4

Ultimately SCB will become the champion. (this is in no case wishfull thinking !)

and

Biel - Ambri : Ambri in 7
Lugano - Rappi : Lugano in 5

Rapperswill should be playing for the relegation against ...

Mark my words !
It seems that i was the only one picking the right winners in the playoffs !
playouts ... well Biel surprised me !

However now I say :

Davos - Zug : Davos in 6
Bern - Kloten : SCB in 5

Rappi - Ambri : Ambri in 5

AND
too early to say about SCB - Davos ... i guess all will depend on Leonardo !
Rappi should survive in LNA ... but with Van Boxmer ... (while i didn't like him with SCB ... he could fit better LNB Lausanne ... therefore they could make it !)
So forecasts for the finals ... later.

Mark my words !

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 01:35 PM
IV XIV XCI

what up friends

im trying to find a stream for this

SCB bern vs kolten flyers

The semi final starts in 15 minutes.
Am I hopeless?

If anyone can hook me up with a link it'd be much appreciated.

signed - a former Swiss resident now back in Canada!!!

IV XIV XCI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 07:45 AM
holyprime

Quote:
Originally Posted by torero View Post
Rappi - Ambri : Ambri in 5
Hope you are right, the Derby was the only reason for the long travel down to the Resega this year. And Habisreutinger is still here next year

I dont think there was a stream at all, roman numbers , as the games were only available in pay tv. bayern - inter seemed to be more important (good game tough).

holyprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 08:09 AM
stv11
Global Moderator

As already mentioned in this forum, this is your only chance to find NLA streams: http://www.myp2pforum.eu/threads/450...League-2010-11

stv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 11:10 AM
duga

Went to the Kloten-Game yesterday, one of the best allaround Kloten performances I've wittnessed in the last 10years.

Blum is a very smart defender, it's a pitty he's so small, nevertheless I can see him having a chance to make NT in the future, when the big talent plays NHL, and the long time members as Seger or Bezina getting older...

as well as Bodemann who had a hell of a game, looks like a mixture of Brunner and Ambuehl stylewise, having a nice offensive set, good wheels, and finishes his hits though being undersized.

Walser was very solid as 4th line center against older, stronger competition, good skating for his size, playing positionaly sound game and good read of the game. Will have a big role in next years U-20 NT.

Last edited by duga: 03-16-2011 at 11:17 AM.
duga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 03:39 PM
Exalted User

Is Justin Krueger any good? Seems just like the guy my team Brynäs needs. I also see that his contract expires this spring. One can always hope

1912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 03:43 AM
WeberStreit

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindstrom View Post
Is Justin Krueger any good? Seems just like the guy my team Brynäs needs. I also see that his contract expires this spring. One can always hope
Not really. He's probably the worst regular D in Bern.
Sometomes he plays physical and great shutdown defense, but he's really slow and makes bonehead plays from time to time. He's not as good as he looked at the last WCs.

WeberStreit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 05:03 PM
torero

Here we go ... :
Zoug wiped out in 4 games by tough cookie Davos !

and "ne vendez pas la peau de l'ours avant de l'avoir tué !"
it is a famous french say : don't sell the bear's skin before having actually killed the bear !
applies pretty well to the circumstance ... Could it be that the bear awoke out of the long winter and plans a nasty summer move ?
I hope so !

Lakers - Ambri 3-2 and 2-2 in the serie. Great is who knows wich one will face Visp !
Whoever it may be ... he should make it and stay in LNA.

Old
03-23-2011, 05:58 AM
The Angry Teatowel
@AngryTeatowel

Damn! EVZ got a schooling last night from HCD. My last game as a season ticket holder too

The Angry Teatowel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 11:25 AM
peachy89

does anybody know, how big the chances are for Visp to get in the NLA?
do they want to get in the nla?
I read, that visp have a very low buget around 2 mio (the "poor" nla clubs have aroun 8 mio). I guess they probably need to refurbish the arena
do they have the abilities to win the series against a nla club?

peachy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 03:33 AM
stv11
Global Moderator

I'll be surprised if the NLA team doesn't win the serie easily (I would have expected it against any NLB team, even Lausanne).

There is an article about Visp's capacity to play in the NLA today on hockeyfans.ch

Old
03-24-2011, 10:36 AM
peachy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv11 View Post

There is an article about Visp's capacity to play in the NLA today on hockeyfans.ch
yep, I already read it, it says what i expected ...

Last edited by peachy89: 03-24-2011 at 10:44 AM.
peachy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 04:52 PM
torero

Bern - Kloten 2-3 serie !

itz isch es fertig fur klote !

As per Ambri - Rappi ... still 4-4 while i write this.

++

What could happen if let's say Visp wins and doesn't want to go to LNA ?
they will stay in B and their is basically no risk for the looser of LNA ? or
Visp shouldn't play and Lausanne should play ?
how does it work in such a situation ?

Old
03-24-2011, 05:39 PM
jonas2244

As far as I know Visp wants to go the NLA, there is just the question if they are allowed to because of their stadium.

jonas2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 05:53 PM
torero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonas2244 View Post
As far as I know Visp wants to go the NLA, there is just the question if they are allowed to because of their stadium.

To go to LNA means to face budgets that are, at least 3 times bigger than Visp's.
The arena could be an issue. But beyond these things, it requestions the business model.
As you know that LNA can send you to bankruptcy rather than a promised path to heaven if revenues are not in adequacy with expenses. Of course if they want to keep their budget unchanged ... why not ? yet will they have a chance ?

It may be better to be leader in LNB than last in LNA !

I would be surprised that realistically the management wants to step into the LNA !

Old
03-25-2011, 03:34 AM
stv11
Global Moderator

I agree with Torero here. The last team to earn a promotion out of nowhere was Herisau, and look at where they are now. Even Chur, who looked a lot more NLA capable than Visp now, couldn't survive after returning to the NLB, and if you look even further in the past, you have La Chaux-de-Fonds, Olten and Ajoie who had years of mediocrity and barely escaped bankrupt after their last stint in the NLA. I can't see a possible promotion ending well for them.

By the way, if Ambrì loses against Rapperswil, I wonder how Visp and Ambrì will travel to each other's arena? That would be the worst case of teams so close geographically but so far away when you look at travel time.

Old
03-25-2011, 11:30 PM
torero

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv11 View Post
I agree with Torero here. The last team to earn a promotion out of nowhere was Herisau, and look at where they are now. Even Chur, who looked a lot more NLA capable than Visp now, couldn't survive after returning to the NLB, and if you look even further in the past, you have La Chaux-de-Fonds, Olten and Ajoie who had years of mediocrity and barely escaped bankrupt after their last stint in the NLA. I can't see a possible promotion ending well for them.

By the way, if Ambrì loses against Rapperswil, I wonder how Visp and Ambrì will travel to each other's arena? That would be the worst case of teams so close geographically but so far away when you look at travel time.
... this !

They are in the trap of the success fever ... they achieved something and want to conquer the world now.

Anyway, first they will have to beat ... Rappi/Ambri so they are certainly not going to dilute their fuel before the games by declaring we will beat them but it will be of no use !!.
Then they will certainly become realistic again.

Whatever ... hats down and respect for their achievement so far.

Old
03-27-2011, 05:05 AM
Mattia Mei

I don't remember if there was a final serie between Huras and Del Curto. (???)
Indeed they are the HCoachs of the last 13 years......could be interesting!!...but kloten......

In the darkness is more and more impressive Inti Pestoni: last night he score also 2 great shoot out and an incredible assist (it's not the first time).
Good skater and good puck control, although he is to little he makes a lot of smart hits (this is strange for a swiss player, more for a young one),
but above all impressed his wiew and cleverness: his passes are quick and unexpected.
He is widely above the average in talentwise of a swiss player, and maybe still underated.
Only 19 he is for sure the best player of a nla (uuuuuuuuhmm) team, although was not in the game with Petrov-Di Pietro, on the contrary it seems he play with to weak players for him.

Great was also Bäumle in these weeks: one of the best swiss G in this moment. You have to think that In his team the goalie is important as in swiss team when they play against Canada or Russia.

Forgive me. It's not shakespeare indeed. I hope it is understable.

Mattia Mei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 06:14 AM
stv11
Global Moderator

And Huttwil is promoted. Anyone familiar with this team? A village team stuck in the middle of Bern, Langnau and Langenthal doesn't sound like a great recipe for success, but maybe I'm missing something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattia Mei View Post
I don't remember if there was a final serie between Huras and Del Curto. (???)
There was one in 2003, when Lugano beat Davos in 6 games. And by the way, the Vermin-Plüss-Rüthemann line reminds me of Wichser-Conne-Fuchs, and Gardner-Dubé-Déruns of Gardner-Rötheli-Murovic. There is some Brandon Convery in McLean too.

Old
04-06-2011, 09:44 AM
duga

well, it looks like we are very close to season end. Kloten was death tired yesterday. and Davos is just too good. it's probably their strongest team since the lock-out, and would be a european top team IMO (hard to measure this year).

Goaltending was outstanding on both sides. Genoni's so smart and focused, his pass-interception against Walser was very impressive. But he still gives up much more net than Hiller. I could see NHL-Talent finding the timing and accuracy to hit those holes, and make him look average.

it's a bit said that it was Walser's mistake yesterday for the overtime loss. he just continues to impress, he clearly was Kloten's best forward till that moment, and could've scored several times, most chances he created on his own. he does a lot of things right already, still quite lanky, but uses his size very well, strong on face-off. sometimes played a bit too uncontrolled, pushing himself into vulnerable position, with a bit less luck could have been heavily concussed already 2x this playoffs, mainly on own mistakes.

and it's no coincidence he misplayed the puck with the wieser brothers on the ice. the endless reckless hitting of those 2 pests paid out. it's always surprising, how noticeable their play is, comes playoff time. and Dino got some nice moves with the puck as well. nevertheless, I'd like to see a guy show them a real lesson, and beating the crap out of them. They are not clean hitters ... they don't do the very dirty stuff, but it's always a bit of elbow, head-hitting, or worse knee involved. you see their opponents oftenly limping away after a Wieser hit. But they are though when receiving hits as well, I 've to agree.

impressed by Bürgler too, when going one-on-one with a goalie he's the best swiss player bar none, with a full bag of tricks and very nice all-around wrister. he's been like that already before, but he looks really strong nowadays as well, the former emotionless player is nowadays a hard working, feisty player with a mean streak as well. should be a lock for many years for swiss NT.

duga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 02:12 AM
stv11
Global Moderator

Kloten's poor power play costs them the decisive game, and Genoni was once again outstanding. Well deserved win for Davos, though I wouldn't have minded a game seven.

And Rintanen saluting the crowd after the game was quite moving.

Old
04-14-2011, 11:20 AM
bolt thrower
Danke Bomber Harris!

vCash: 50
The biggest difference in this final series was the PP. While Davos had an absolute amazing one, Kloten was atrocious on the PP.

bolt thrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 06:29 AM
Rafik Soliman
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
well, it looks like we are very close to season end. Kloten was death tired yesterday. and Davos is just too good. it's probably their strongest team since the lock-out, and would be a european top team IMO (hard to measure this year).

Goaltending was outstanding on both sides. Genoni's so smart and focused, his pass-interception against Walser was very impressive. But he still gives up much more net than Hiller. I could see NHL-Talent finding the timing and accuracy to hit those holes, and make him look average.

it's a bit said that it was Walser's mistake yesterday for the overtime loss. he just continues to impress, he clearly was Kloten's best forward till that moment, and could've scored several times, most chances he created on his own. he does a lot of things right already, still quite lanky, but uses his size very well, strong on face-off. sometimes played a bit too uncontrolled, pushing himself into vulnerable position, with a bit less luck could have been heavily concussed already 2x this playoffs, mainly on own mistakes.

and it's no coincidence he misplayed the puck with the wieser brothers on the ice. the endless reckless hitting of those 2 pests paid out. it's always surprising, how noticeable their play is, comes playoff time. and Dino got some nice moves with the puck as well. nevertheless, I'd like to see a guy show them a real lesson, and beating the crap out of them. They are not clean hitters ... they don't do the very dirty stuff, but it's always a bit of elbow, head-hitting, or worse knee involved. you see their opponents oftenly limping away after a Wieser hit. But they are though when receiving hits as well, I 've to agree.

impressed by Bürgler too, when going one-on-one with a goalie he's the best swiss player bar none, with a full bag of tricks and very nice all-around wrister. he's been like that already before, but he looks really strong nowadays as well, the former emotionless player is nowadays a hard working, feisty player with a mean streak as well. should be a lock for many years for swiss NT.
I totally agree with your thoughts duga! Great read...

Genoni has a high Hockey-IQ and he always seems to know what play is going to happen... But I think he relies too much on this and thatfore he gets caught "cheating" or expeting the forward to do something different... And that's why I don't think he's not NHL-material... Size is one thing, but in the NHL you have to expect the shot each and every single time and especially in these Playoffs, Genoni often got beat from angles you "usually" don't take the shot and because he anticipates everything else than a shot... Alone from his altheticism, positioning or rebound controll he's high calibre but what effect will his weaknesses have on his eventual play in north america?

I also agree on Samuel Walser.... For me it isn't understandlable who he fell of the final CSB Final-Ranking list for europe when a Player like Gaëtan Haas (who btw, had a horrible season, although having much more ice time and responsibility) is on it?

Rafik Soliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 10:29 PM
Purple hippo

I dont really wanted to start new thread so I will use this, I read 1.Liga play-off has started, is there any website that is easy to follow? I tried Regio League on NL website but I cant find where they list all the scores I can get easy understanding on Series. Perhaps Regio League is best, if so, could somebody point me in the right direction? Really hoping Red Ice can gain promotion, would love to see a new club in NLB.

Also play-offs about to begin in NLB soon, all spots locked up, looking for Lausanne to gain back up.

Thanks for all help in advance.

Purple hippo is offline   Reply With Quote