HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs recall Nigel Dawes and Aaron Palushaj

Old
03-16-2011, 05:18 PM
Andy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
That's okay, as long as you don't go and do something silly like getting pregnant.
But what if I want his babies!!!!

I have such a man crush on him. When he gets on the ice I get so excited if you know what I mean! lol.

All kidding aside, I can't wait until he develops properly. Imagine him playing at his current level consistently while being 10-15 pounds heavier!? Him and Plekanec being our 1-2 punch would be potent!

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 05:19 PM
Gary320

BTW someone stated that Dawes would have to go through re-entry waivers if he was called up by the Habs. Well he isn't. According to Renaud Lavoie it's because he's on a two way contract, which makes no sense.

Gary320 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 05:24 PM
Picaroon

Sucks that the injuries might be semi serious but pumped to see Pulshaj. I can picture him on the big club next year.

Picaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 05:26 PM
llamateizer

CanadiensMTL Montreal Canadiens
Dawes portera le 34, Palushaj le 51. // Dawes will wear 34, Palushaj 51.

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 05:27 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by husamus156 View Post
CanadiensMTL Montreal Canadiens
Dawes portera le 34, Palushaj le 51. // Dawes will wear 34, Palushaj 51.
51? FRANKIE B!

Man I really hope Palushaj can adjust quickly, Desharnais/Pacioretty style. But it's highly unlikely.

Old
03-16-2011, 05:29 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
51? FRANKIE B!

Man I really hope Palushaj can adjust quickly, Desharnais/Pacioretty style. But it's highly unlikely.
lol bah, not with THAT attitude!

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 05:31 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
lol bah, not with THAT attitude!
Haha never. I'm not really the pesimistic poster, but I don't think it's fair to expect Palushaj to make the jump and start producing at a 20 goal and 50 points pace in the nhl.

Old
03-16-2011, 05:37 PM
FuriousBob

If Palushaj Pans out this 2007 draft will be a turning point for our team going forward. Subban,Eller,Pacioretty,Weber are already all capable player who as alot of upside. If Palushaj as the same impact, This would be very good for the team since they will reach their peak all in the same time.

Imagine if in 3-4 years our top line is Pacioretty-Eller-Palushaj and our top 2 D are Subban and Weber. Maybe it's a reach for Weber and Palushaj but for the 3 others (granted Pacioretty fully recovers) I think it can happen.

FuriousBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 06:07 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

I think we're all going to like Palushaj a LOT more than Dawes. Palushaj is a firecracker, makes himself noticed on the ice. Dawes is more of an opportunist, which may fit well with Gomez and Gionta.

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 06:19 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyrur View Post
Your sources are wrong. Both RDS and TSN reporters wrote and posted this afternoon that NO PLAYER from Hamilton has officially been brought up. Jacques Martin said that these 2 players are the next to be called up IF NEEDED.
Halpern should be 100% for thursday...and Pleks is probable for thursday!
I haven't seen anyone pwned this badly since I caught McPhee sitting down and peeing. pfftt... noobs.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 06:20 PM
The Right Price

Please welcome the Montréal.... Bulldogs!!!

Well, I'm not really exstatic about them being called up as this means Halpern and Pleky will miss a game or two I guess. Hopefully Price can stand on his head and we can snatch a win soon somewhere. Would ease the pressure.

e) Pumped to see Palushaj though!!

The Right Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 06:25 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
I think we're all going to like Palushaj a LOT more than Dawes. Palushaj is a firecracker, makes himself noticed on the ice. Dawes is more of an opportunist, which may fit well with Gomez and Gionta.
Thanks RBC.

I've seen very little Bulldogs games this year. I like what I've seen from Palushaj. What do you think he can offer and what do you think his nhl potential could be everything falls into place perfectly(big if I know). Or what do you think is a reasonable potential for him?

Old
03-16-2011, 06:27 PM
dcal64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Met View Post
I don't think cammalleri, gomez and gionta will play togheter. Martin will probably try to spread the offense ( or what's left of it)

I would try:

Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta
Kostitsyn-Eller-White
Cammalleri-Desharnais-Moen
Dawes-Pyatt-Palushaj
I think the lines will be:

Moen-Gomez-Gionta
Kostitsyn-Eller-White
Pouliot-Desharnais-Cammaleri
Dawes-Pyatt-Palushaj

dcal64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 06:28 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz View Post
We truly are the Montreal Bulldogs.
Some of the Bulldogs thus far have been more valuable than the Canadiens

andy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 06:30 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithsonhab View Post
Sucks that the injuries might be semi serious .
They might not be too bad. Pleks may miss a few games. They still need to fill holes.

Old
03-16-2011, 06:52 PM
Picaroon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferiah View Post
They might not be too bad. Pleks may miss a few games. They still need to fill holes.
Ya I was thinking the same. Here's a question though. Does the call up limit carry over to the playoffs?

Picaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 06:52 PM
Skyline49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
BTW someone stated that Dawes would have to go through re-entry waivers if he was called up by the Habs. Well he isn't. According to Renaud Lavoie it's because he's on a two way contract, which makes no sense.
Re-entry waivers are based solely on player salary. Most 2-way contracts are inherently re-entry exempt because their AHL salary is usually under the limit (IIRC, it's $105,000 or $115,000) for minor-league salary. As such, all 1-way contracts must clear re-entry once they are waiver-eligible.

There is also a stipulation regarding NHL games played in recent seasons, so many career minor-leaguers (such as Curtis Sanford) don't have to clear even though they make significantly more money than the standard re-entry limit.

However, you are correct in noting that the reason for Dawes' call-up not requiring waivers is not simply because he is on a 2-way, rather it is his salary that matters.

I hope that clarifies the situation for anyone who needs help.

Skyline49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 06:58 PM
onice

vCash: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
But what if I want his babies!!!!

I have such a man crush on him. When he gets on the ice I get so excited if you know what I mean! lol.

All kidding aside, I can't wait until he develops properly. Imagine him playing at his current level consistently while being 10-15 pounds heavier!? Him and Plekanec being our 1-2 punch would be potent!
Glad to see you have a sense of humour. After I posted I wanted to delete it but couldn't find the delete button.

I agree with you. He'll be something else but I still don't have a crush on him. I reserve those for the fairer sex.

onice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 07:02 PM
NewHabsEra*

Sometime bad things happen but in the end it might turn in something positive.. As far as I know we are not in danger to miss the playoffs, so even if we lose a couple it doesnt really matter, some players will have the opportunity to play more while some kids will have the opportunity to show they belong to the NHL, it will be the perfect opportunity to see what guys like Pouliot Desharnais Weber have to offer in different situations, so what really matters IMO is to have Plekanec Halpern and Sopel healthy and rested for the playoffs, hopefully both Palushaj and Dawes do well and push some other guys to bring their game at another level making it hard for the management to send them back in the minors.. Quality depth should never be underrated and I think this is what we have..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 07:14 PM
Crystal Met

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcal64 View Post

Moen-Gomez-Gionta
Kostitsyn-Eller-White
Dawes-Pyatt-Palushaj
The Desharnais line would be awful defensivly, that's why I switched Pouliot and Moen. Although Martin has no confidence in Pouliot, and Pouliot himself tend to chock when placed on the top line.

Crystal Met is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 07:16 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Sometime bad things happen but in the end it might turn in something positive.. As far as I know we are not in danger to miss the playoffs, so even if we lose a couple it doesnt really matter, some players will have the opportunity to play more while some kids will have the opportunity to show they belong to the NHL, it will be the perfect opportunity to see what guys like Pouliot Desharnais Weber have to offer in different situations, so what really matters IMO is to have Plekanec Halpern and Sopel healthy and rested for the playoffs, hopefully both Palushaj and Dawes do well and push some other guys to bring their game at another level making it hard for the management to send them back in the minors.. Quality depth should never be underrated and I think this is what we have..
I agree. Without key injuries this year we may never had seen Weber, Pacioretty, Desharnais. Especially Desharnais, because we may never had seen him EVER on this club if it was due to extraordinary circumstances. I liked what i saw from Palushaj in training camp, and i look forward to seeing how he does. With the way Washington is coming together, I don't think it makes a big difference if we play Philly, Boston or Washington. 3rd, 4th or 5th would be best, but if we lose out there, i don't think it makes much difference if we finish 6th, 7th or 8th--and with all these injuries that's where we look like we're heading.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 07:19 PM
Halifaxhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcal64 View Post

Moen-Gomez-Gionta
Kostitsyn-Eller-White
Dawes-Pyatt-Palushaj
I think JM will put Palushaj on the Eller line, he's played with him before in Peoria and he is a natural RW.

Cammalleri - Gomez - Gionta
AKos - Eller - Palushaj
Pouliot - DD - White
Moen - Pyatt - Dawes

Welcome, Acceuillons nos Bulldogs...et quelques Canadiens!

Basically all the injuries has offered the Brass to test our team Depth...and sitting well into 6th shows that it isn't all that bad, still need to make some moves to take the next step but this team has shown alot of heart and talent all the way down to Hamilton. Thanks BG

Halifaxhab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 07:40 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
I think JM will put Palushaj on the Eller line, he's played with him before in Peoria and he is a natural RW.

Cammalleri - Gomez - Gionta
AKos - Eller - Palushaj
Pouliot - DD - White
Moen - Pyatt - Dawes

Welcome, Acceuillons nos Bulldogs...et quelques Canadiens!

Basically all the injuries has offered the Brass to test our team Depth...and sitting well into 6th shows that it isn't all that bad, still need to make some moves to take the next step but this team has shown alot of heart and talent all the way down to Hamilton. Thanks BG
yeesh, the centre position looks incredibly grim... and there's no way around it

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 07:51 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithsonhab View Post
Ya I was thinking the same. Here's a question though. Does the call up limit carry over to the playoffs?
I was thinking that too. I think it does, doesn't it. I am not sure how it works. Really they should have a special clause in there for teams who have an inordinate amount of injuries.

Is there a scratched player limit? I'd seriously consider keeping guys up. Dogs need players, I know. But so do the Habs.

Old
03-16-2011, 07:53 PM
Gary320

I think the organization plays it safe and leaves Palushaj and Dawes with the team for the rest of the season, so they don't have to waste another call up space after.

Gary320 is online now   Reply With Quote