HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Max Pac severe concussion & verterbrae fracture (UPDATE: to practice in 4-6 weeks!!!)

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2011, 11:45 AM
Gary320

vCash: 500
Lets just be aware, doesn't mean he might actually return. The full contact practice will tell us everything.

Old
03-17-2011, 11:46 AM
ThaDevilGirl

Max is a beast.

Old
Guy Germaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
wolverine
haha, well he did play for Michigan.

Old
FuriousBob

Max pac = wolverine
How awesome!

Old
03-17-2011, 11:49 AM
Frankc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
I am not entirely certain I am comfortable with these news; given the concussion and the next fracture I'd feel safer shutting him down until September. MaxPac may want to rush back, but for his health it's best that he doesn't.

Still, by far the most important bit is that this obviously portends a full recovery, for which I am extremely glad.
Feel the same way.
I would prefer not having him in the playoff instead of risking him. I'm not a doctor, but I really have doubt on how his vertebra would react on a solid hit 2 months after breaking it. He's very young and he'll have plenty of time playing in the future, I don't see why the habs want to rush him back. The guy was very close of being quadriplegic, so waiting 6 month before seeing him back is nothing compare to the fact that he was close of never being able to play again.

Old
03-17-2011, 11:51 AM
davenash

I trust the team's medical staff. They won't rush him.

Old
03-17-2011, 11:52 AM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankc View Post
Feel the same way.
I would prefer not having him in the playoff instead of risking him. I'm not a doctor, but I really have doubt on how his vertebra would react on a solid hit 2 months after breaking it. He's very young and he'll have plenty of time playing in the future, I don't see why the habs want to rush him back. The guy was very close of being quadriplegic, so waiting 6 month before seeing him back is nothing compare to the fact that he was close of never being able to play again.
I sorta agree with you, but at the same time. I believe the organization and the DOCTORS know what they are doing. Obviously they know more about the severity of his vertebrae and his concussions than any of us put together. So maybe for them, they don't think it's THAT severe. None of us know.

But as I said, let's not all get excited until he starts practicing. That's when the real tests show how he can handle being hit.

Old
03-17-2011, 11:54 AM
neofury*

Cammy is a wolverine too isn't he? Michigan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
I sorta agree with you, but at the same time. I believe the organization and the DOCTORS know what they are doing. Obviously they know more about the severity of his vertebrae and his concussions than any of us put together. So maybe for them, they don't think it's THAT severe. None of us know.

But as I said, let's not all get excited until he starts practicing. That's when the real tests show how he can handle being hit.
Regardless this is extremely good news, cause say he can practice in 4-6 weeks but can't play for 6 months due to the neck recovery, he'll still be in a lot better shape than he would've been say if his muscles atrophied etc or if he couldn't practice for months.

He won't be nearly as rusty and when he does come back, he'll likely be the same Max.

This is amazing news for any hab fan or person who is concerned for Pacioretty. His family must be very relieved too.

Old
03-17-2011, 11:54 AM
GoHomez

As long as he is absolutely 100% when he is back it's the best news in a loooooong time!

Old
03-17-2011, 11:56 AM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousBob View Post
Max pac = wolverine
How awesome!
I've said this as a joke before, but really, that's amazing. I'd prefer if he took the rest of the year off, but getting a green light like that is great news regardless.

Old
03-17-2011, 11:57 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Max is a total freakin rockstar from Mars!

This just made my day, even if he doesn't get back in time to play a game if he can atleast get on some skates again it will be great news. Gotta try and get back on the horse as soon as possible.

Old
03-17-2011, 11:57 AM
Frankc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post

I agree, and I also have full confidence in Medical staff, in the end what I meant to say is that I would shut him down until next season as a precautionary measure, even if everything looks like he's ready to go in the playoffs. Just make all the chances on our side that we're not compromising his career.

Old
03-17-2011, 12:02 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Cammy is a wolverine too isn't he? Michigan?

Regardless this is extremely good news, cause say he can practice in 4-6 weeks but can't play for 6 months due to the neck recovery, he'll still be in a lot better shape than he would've been say if his muscles atrophied etc or if he couldn't practice for months.

He won't be nearly as rusty and when he does come back, he'll likely be the same Max.

This is amazing news for any hab fan or person who is concerned for Pacioretty. His family must be very relieved too.
I doubt he does a full contact practice if he's still recovering from a fractured vertebrae. If he's doing a full contact practice, it's because the neck is healing really really well.

Old
03-17-2011, 12:02 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Don't know if this has already been posted, but the Sun is saying that he could be back for the playoffs.

Personally, I think he's crazy if he does this. He's 21 and shouldn't be putting his career at risk. I really hope that this is inaccurate.

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/hoc.../17653271.html

Old
03-17-2011, 12:04 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
wolverine
Wearing my OSU shirt to celebrate the start on March Madness, strongly considering putting my Michigan WOLVERINES shirt on!

Wolverine is a Mah****ing warrior!

Old
03-17-2011, 12:05 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankc View Post
I agree, and I also have full confidence in Medical staff, in the end what I meant to say is that I would shut him down until next season as a precautionary measure, even if everything looks like he's ready to go in the playoffs. Just make all the chances on our side that we're not compromising his career.
I agree. I think if there are any signs of symptoms, even the tiniest syptoms in his full contact practice, they will pull the plug on his season.

Old
03-17-2011, 12:06 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Don't know if this has already been posted, but the Sun is saying that he could be back for the playoffs.

Personally, I think he's crazy if he does this. He's 21 and shouldn't be putting his career at risk. I really hope that this is inaccurate.

Yeah but let's face it, we were all 21 once. If you were having an incredible break out year, were on a team that had done really well considering injuries, were about to head into the playoffs against a team you despised and really wanted to beat, would you not play if given the green light?

Old
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post

Playoffs can last two months. If the Habs make it to the ECF somehow I could see MaxPac play if he has no setbacks. Obviously I'd rather have him heal and take his time.

Old
Joe Cole

I guess he was faking! The arena is vindicated!

Old
03-17-2011, 12:07 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

The Patches nickname is making complete sense now.

Old
03-17-2011, 12:08 PM
Toro

WOW this is great news!!

MAX is a Warrior!!

Hope he recovers well and the doctor's give him the green light for the playoffs. We need this big warrior of ours.

Seriously, the doctors would never let him play after recovering from a broken neck if it was not safe. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Old
03-17-2011, 12:09 PM
m00ks

¿!¿!¿!QUÉÉÉÉÉÉ

Old
03-17-2011, 12:11 PM
LyricalLyricist

God, just shut him down. He's too young, not worth the risk. I'm not saying doctors will be off, i doubt that, just why risk it? It doesn't make a difference anyway though. If he starts skating in 4-6 weeks, he's got conditioning time and all that to worry about it. End of season=april 9th. 6 weeks from now=end of april. So he'll start skating between 1 week after end of season to end of april...then coniditioning time. Unless we make it past a couple rounds, how is he gonna play?

Old
03-17-2011, 12:13 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
WOW this is great news!!

MAX is a Warrior!!

Hope he recovers well and the doctor's give him the green light for the playoffs. We need this big warrior of ours.

Seriously, the doctors would never let him play after recovering from a broken neck if it was not safe. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.
Exactly.

Guys, let's be clear. This is just a practice, no one knows exactly his return date or if he even returns to the game this season. I think we can all trust Dr. Mulder, he isn't the best doctor in the league for nothing.

Old
03-17-2011, 12:14 PM
Habaddict

Here's to karma.

MaxPac to play in the first round against Boston,
and eliminate them !

Closed Thread