HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks recall F Victor Oreskovich(post#76)

Old
03-07-2011, 09:47 PM
jammyrft

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alternate View Post
Torres-Malhotra-Hansen
Glass-Lapierre-Oreskovich

Manny's the softest guy in our bottom 6.

This is EXACTLY how we need to dress our bottom 6 but that makes our top 6 very interesting. Obviously the first line is set but the second is between Higgins/Raymond/Sammuelson. So who sits?

jammyrft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 09:54 PM
KDizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammyrft View Post
This is EXACTLY how we need to dress our bottom 6 but that makes our top 6 very interesting. Obviously the first line is set but the second is between Higgins/Raymond/Sammuelson. So who sits?
Oreskovich, unfortunately.

Although at this point I wouldn't mind putting Raymond on LTIR to keep Oreskovich up and Tambellini/Higgins up on the 2nd line.

Edit: Depending on how reliable Higgins is on the PK, I suppose. Though I heard he's a pretty good PKer.

KDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 11:28 PM
vadim sharifijanov

the team is solidly in first place and philly and detroit have been losing. wouldn't mind going one game, just to see if we can get kesler going again, with:

ssb
tambo kes hansen
raffi manny sammy
glass lappy sko-sko

vadim sharifijanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 11:44 PM
Durr
give me gum gum

Send a message via MSN to Durr
Late to the party but... I absolutely love this call-up, and I don't understand why he wasn't called up earlier when they needed another fourth line guy.

This guy is what management wanted in the bottom six: physical, hard fore-checking capable players who know their role. Oreskovich looks like a monster out there, and the limited time that he was up he looked good.

Glass + Lapierre + Oreskovich = beast of a fourth line. Only thing that concerns me is how Oreskovich will play in the playoffs but I guess we'll find out.

Durr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 11:56 PM
Lard_Lad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durr View Post
Late to the party but... I absolutely love this call-up, and I don't understand why he wasn't called up earlier when they needed another fourth line guy.
He loses his waiver exemption at 60 career NHL games, and he's at 58 right now. If he'd been called up sooner, he'd have gone over. For the same reason, I wouldn't expect him to play more than one game on this callup.

Lard_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 12:12 AM
KDizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lard_Lad View Post
He loses his waiver exemption at 60 career NHL games, and he's at 58 right now. If he'd been called up sooner, he'd have gone over. For the same reason, I wouldn't expect him to play more than one game on this callup.
I think I'd take the risk in sending him down through waivers at this point in the season. Though, I suppose it would be nice to have him waiver exempt should he not make the team out of camp next season.

KDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 12:21 AM
Lard_Lad

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDizzle View Post
I think I'd take the risk in sending him down through waivers at this point in the season. Though, I suppose it would be nice to have him waiver exempt should he not make the team out of camp next season.
Won't matter for next season. He'll be 25 so the exemption is gone regardless. But I don't think it's a good idea to risk waiving him now just for the sake of getting some fourth-line minutes in a handful of games.

Lard_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 09:04 AM
Catamarca Livin

I guess given the circumstances it is one game and out, they probably will not carry two extra forwards with Higgins coming back. Still i hope they can bring him back up with 10 games left and use him on the 4th line. He is the perfect Ben Eager role, in limited minutes can bang and is fast enough not to hurt the team. Seems like he handles the puck better than Eager as well. Glass Lapierre Oreskovich has got to be given a chance at some point. With Higgins coming back there is no room for the moment, but that always changes. The best thing about Oreskovich in the playoffs he can throw a hit and not worry about getting abeating afterwards.

Catamarca Livin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 10:21 AM
BillD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauser View Post
I suppose Tambellini will be back on the 2nd line?
What went wrong with Tambi's season? He got off to such a good start.

BillD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 10:33 AM
PRNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaljudge View Post
What went wrong with Tambi's season? He got off to such a good start.
Nothing, they just stopped playing him. If he was playing with the twins again, or on Kesler's line again, he'd be right back on pace. When everyone's healthy, there's just not a spot for him in the top 3 lines. So depending on how much size they want on the 4th line, he can play there, but he won't put up the points, or he's in the press box.

PRNuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 02:39 PM
LostMyGlasses*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
Nothing, they just stopped playing him. If he was playing with the twins again, or on Kesler's line again, he'd be right back on pace. .
I don't think so.

LostMyGlasses* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 04:07 PM
PRNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMyGlasses View Post
I don't think so.
Of course you don't, he's not 6'3", 215 lbs and slow as ****. Agree to disagree

PRNuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 04:15 PM
gobi

Quote:
Nothing, they just stopped playing him. If he was playing with the twins again, or on Kesler's line again, he'd be right back on pace. When everyone's healthy, there's just not a spot for him in the top 3 lines. So depending on how much size they want on the 4th line, he can play there, but he won't put up the points, or he's in the press box.
Tambellini had plenty of opportunity on the 1st and 2nd line. He played himself to the outhouse.

gobi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 04:25 PM
crazycanuck

Quote:
Well, Tambellini cooled off and Samuelsson heated up.

crazycanuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 04:27 PM
David71

couldnt the canucks just send down tambellini to regain his confidence and scoring touch? with higgins coming back soon, there just isn't enough room.

David71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 04:32 PM
Proto

I think in an effort to impress the coaches, Tambellini probably played even a bit more physically than he should have and wore himself down. He's a good hard forechecker but he could learn from Hansen and use his stick a bit more and use his solid base (for a smaller player) to muscle in on the puck. His fatigue also coincided with the return of other Top 9 players, driving him down the line-up.

He might get one or two more games up in the Top 6 to show that he can get his scoring touch back; otherwise he's just another feel-good October/November story. Even if that ends up being the case, he provided some necessary line-up flexibility and some offense that helped get the Canucks through a relatively rough early part of the season. At his contract, that's probably fair enough value. Sure would like to see him hit the back of the net a couple times so we can see if this is just a really awful slump that he can't shake or if he's really run down to the point where he won't be an effective player to end the season.

Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 09:01 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

Just how much cap room do we even have to call players up? I'd love for Shirokov to be given another shot, personally but I guess they wanted more of an upgrade on the 4th line than on the 2nd?

vanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 01:59 PM
Placebo Effect

He's been reassigned. So either Raymond or Higgins is good to go.

Placebo Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 04:45 PM
alternate

Hopefully Higgins. No point rushing ol' MayRay back at this time of year.

alternate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 07:38 PM
biturbo19

it definitely seems like Oreskovich adds something positive to that 4th line. i hope that he's up with the big club as an option for the playoffs. doesn't really matter a whole lot for now, but come playoffs...it looks like he could be a solid option as a guy to sub in for a game here and there to amp up the physical presence as needed.

biturbo19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 11:29 AM
David71

he has just been recalled. im guessing. maxim moves up? to third line to center it. higgins on 2nd. tambo/?/oreo.

Old
03-17-2011, 11:36 AM
Bobby Lou
We Surrender

Quote:
Originally Posted by David71 View Post
he has just been recalled. im guessing. maxim moves up? to third line to center it. higgins on 2nd. tambo/?/oreo.
Based on last nights adjustments post-Malhotra injury I think AV might go with:

Torres-Higgins-Hansen
Tambellini-Lapierre-Oreskovich

Higgins was taking most of the third line shifts in between Hansen and Torres last night.

Bobby Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 11:39 AM
David71

can higgins take faceoffs

Old
03-17-2011, 11:40 AM
VanEric

Yeah that's what I was thinking last night too. Higgins has been around long enough that he can play some centre on the third line in the short term. If faceoffs really become an issue they can always send Hank or Kesler out to quickly take the draw and change.

VanEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 12:04 PM
David71

tambo should like be sent down to get his confidence back. he hasn't scored in 28games? since december... that's seems ages ago. on the forth line all he does is hustle/hits nothing else. he's snake bitten.