HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Max Pac severe concussion & verterbrae fracture (UPDATE: to practice in 4-6 weeks!!!)

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2011, 12:56 PM
roy munson

vCash: 500
Advice for anyone who would be tempted to go top the main board. Don't.

Old
03-17-2011, 01:00 PM
Odelein24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
Wow, the thread in the main boards is disgraceful...
No surprise there.

Old
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Yeah but let's face it, we were all 21 once. If you were having an incredible break out year, were on a team that had done really well considering injuries, were about to head into the playoffs against a team you despised and really wanted to beat, would you not play if given the green light?
Sure. I get that.

I'll change my position: The Canadiens are crazy if they let him play. There's no way he should be allowed back this year. They are doing a real disservice to him if this happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
Playoffs can last two months. If the Habs make it to the ECF somehow I could see MaxPac play if he has no setbacks. Obviously I'd rather have him heal and take his time.
It's not worth it. Broken back and major concussion. Just let it heal. He's got a long career ahead of him and it makes no sense for the medical staff to put him at this kind of risk. If they play him I think it's a major mistake.

It's a feelgood story and as much as I'd love to see him back it's not worth the risk.

Old
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Who's to say it's not 5 weeks? Wouldn't those 2 extra weeks change the game 1 of playoffs concept?
If it's 5 weeks then it would be Game 1 of round 2(assuming we get there).

Old
03-17-2011, 01:04 PM
BREWINZ

Glad to hear the kid is recovering so fast. I hope they don't rush him. He's got a bright future and I don't want to see that put in jeopardy. Again, congrats guys. Good news.

Old
03-17-2011, 01:09 PM
LeMAD

Any chance Markov and Gorges come back in the playoffs?

Old
03-17-2011, 01:15 PM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

I find that a little suspicious, please dont rush the kid.

Old
03-17-2011, 01:15 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Got to love how mentally retarded Bruins fans are. Read post no.5 of their thread, this is the kind of stupid you only read about.

Old
03-17-2011, 01:29 PM
McNuts

Please don't make him comeback for the playoffs. It's not worth the risk, unless we win the cup and we all know that won't happen. Just let him come back next october.

Old
03-17-2011, 01:31 PM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevil View Post
A couple of things. ]

Max has shown no signs of a concussion since day 1.

Yes at the time of the hit he did, but none since. no headaches no dizziness as quoted from him and his agent and the habs.

I think the severe concussion was an assumption by all media due to the speed and intensity of the hit.

The healing of the vertebrae is very similar to any other bone being broken with a spiral fracture. It is not a clear break right through and it was not displaced, which if it was displaced would have been a long term healing process and career threatening.

I am not saying that I expect him back in 6 weeks, but this injury could have been a lot worse (displaced would have been terrible). I don't think they will push him to the point of risking anything.

I like that there are no concussion signs, that was what I was worried most about.
While I agree with most of what you're saying, this is not true. I spoke to the nurse that worked with Max for the time he was there and she told me the CT and MRI scans had shown major swelling.

That said, I trust our medical staff, and I don't think they'd ever allow Max to rush back after what happened.

Let's hope Wolveretty continues to heal!

Old
03-17-2011, 01:33 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitespy View Post
While I agree with most of what you're saying, this is not true. I spoke to the nurse that worked with Max for the time he was there and she told me the CT and MRI scans had shown major swelling.
I'm sorry, but no personal information is given to a complete random stranger. Let alone a HOCKEY PLAYER.

Unless your sleeping with the nurse, that's just complete bull.

I mean, I can't go to a hospital and ask some nurse.. Hey whats up with that patient in room 25.

Old
03-17-2011, 01:38 PM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
I'm sorry, but no personal information is given to a complete random stranger.

Unless your sleeping with the nurse, that's just complete bull.

I mean, I can't go to a hospital and ask some nurse.. Hey whats up with that patient in room 25.
My mother is very good friends with her, I obviously didnt walk into a hospital... What the hell is wrong with you?
Anyways, I have no reason to lie about it. You can choose not to believe me, that's perfectly fine with me...

Old
03-17-2011, 01:41 PM
Megaforce

I think these guys get stuck in the oxygen tent, aka the hyperbaric chamber, and that might accerate their healing. Apparently you can buy one of these suckers for about $30,000. I always thought it would be a cool business. Anybody up?

Old
03-17-2011, 01:54 PM
Erik Estrada
@Denis.Coderre

I'd rather having him sit a couple of extra months to have him play several years for us, instead of the other way around.

Old
03-17-2011, 01:57 PM
neofury*

Just wanted to say I'm proud of how most habs fans acted on the main board. It got closed but as a result of Bruins fans being inconsiderate not really because of habs fans. I felt it was disgraceful, I had a rant written about it in response to Lafleur's post (quality) on the situation.

The mods have had a real tough time lately cause of this stuff, appreciate them doing a solid job too. We need to do a meet and greet and buy some of these guys a beer or something damn, it's been crazy lately on the habs forum. I feel for any global's, having to deal with The Lounge, Main forums and ours...

It's been pretty disgraceful here lately, I'd say it's the darkest time in HF history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewins View Post
Glad to hear the kid is recovering so fast. I hope they don't rush him. He's got a bright future and I don't want to see that put in jeopardy. Again, congrats guys. Good news.
Thanks man. I saw your post in that thread too. Just know I'm not referring to you or the other honorable Bruins fans out there, only the ones that do make the fan base look bad

I do realize they make up a small part of the fan base. (The ones that don't care and are happy Pacio is injured, or feel he's faking it )

Old
03-17-2011, 02:03 PM
HabsSuperQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitespy View Post
My mother is very good friends with her, I obviously didnt walk into a hospital... What the hell is wrong with you?
Anyways, I have no reason to lie about it. You can choose not to believe me, that's perfectly fine with me...
Your mom's friend could get fired for giving confidential information about a patient to a friend. People are so curious or can't keep their mouth shut when famous people are in hospitals. I work in a hospital and I think it's so dumb. Sorry about the rant but it pisses me off.

Old
03-17-2011, 02:04 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Saw the locked thread in the main board and nearly cried. I could care less about him coming back for this years playoffs, really glad he's gonna be able to play again and relatively soon.

Get well soon, Max!

Old
03-17-2011, 02:06 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
Saw the locked thread in the main board and nearly cried. I could care less about him coming back for this years playoffs, really glad he's gonna be able to play again and relatively soon.

Get well soon, Max!
You are right sir.

We should be counting our blessings the fact that our young star forward can have a career again.

Old
03-17-2011, 02:09 PM
CanadienErrant*

MaxPac should take the rest of the year and come back at 100% next September. Playoffs hockey is gonna be a tad too intense for a guy recovering from that type of injury.

Anyway. I don't think the Habs are gonna play more than one round this year.

Old
03-17-2011, 02:09 PM
Habs

Love the mentality in the hockey community - if he's not out for more than 2 months, its not a real injury.

Old
03-17-2011, 02:12 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Just wanted to say I'm proud of how most habs fans acted on the main board. It got closed but as a result of Bruins fans being inconsiderate not really because of habs fans. I felt it was disgraceful, I had a rant written about it in response to Lafleur's post (quality) on the situation.
I hope you didn't have any problems with my posts... tried to be objective and fair (though as usual, not holding anything back)

Last edited by Lafleurs Guy: 03-17-2011 at 02:18 PM.
Old
03-17-2011, 02:13 PM
andy28

Would love to see him back, but dont wanna see him snap that vertebrae again. Tough kid, but he needs some rest.

Old
03-17-2011, 02:21 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I hope you didn't have any problems with my posts... tried to be objective and fair (though as usual, not holding anything back)
No quite the opposite, I was in complete agreement with your post and just went on to rant about how it's shameful that in a thread about Pacioretty getting better fans of other teams feel the need to come in and incite arguments about it and bring intent and other non-related things into the thread. In essence I did my typical rage but I was careful not to flame etc. It's too bad I think the mods might have been proud of me for once haha. Too often they're dealing with stuff I get myself into on these forums.

And don't worry about the "not holding anything back" part, I'm the same way. Have been actually trying to hold back a bit to stay out of trouble lately though, it's easy to get annoyed with the things people have been saying in my defense though, and as a person with ADD it takes a lot of restraint for me to not say anything or flame, I hope people realize I'm not here to offend others just discuss stuff, but I am a very opinionated person. If ever you see me bash/flame, believe it or not it took a tremendous amount of restraint for me at that point to just go as far as I go

I'm probably just not designed to be a part of a community like this, I'm always shocked some days that I don't try to login and see a *.

Old
03-17-2011, 02:51 PM
29dryden29

Oh wow I am so glad he didnt DIE as so many said he was verry verry close to doing

Old
03-17-2011, 02:52 PM
almostjesus*

I Told You He Was The Terminator. No One Believed Me. No One!!!!!

Closed Thread