HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Max Pac severe concussion & verterbrae fracture (UPDATE: to practice in 4-6 weeks!!!)

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2011, 01:55 PM
FiveForDrawingBlood

vCash: 500
If he can play in playoffs be great news

Old
03-17-2011, 01:59 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
Oh wow I am so glad he didnt DIE as so many said he was verry verry close to doing
Do you actually think this is a smart post?

Here's a question for you: A bullet grazes your head, you go to the hospital and leave the next morning. Were you not close to death? Hence the term, 'dodged a bullet', which is exactly what Max did here.

The neck and head aren't things you **** with. A cm more to the left, an inch to the right, that could be the difference between walking away, spending the rest of your life in a wheelchair or dying.

But reading the crap you've been espousing throughout this whole thing I'm not surprised. Who cares if somebody had to be carted off the ice on a stretcher, it entertained you! Off to the hobo fights!

Old
03-17-2011, 02:06 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Oh wow I am so glad he didnt DIE as so many said he was verry verry close to doing
I find it very hard to believe you're a serious habs poster with the crap you post.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
03-17-2011, 02:10 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

I think the "almost dying" part was a bit much...he could have been permamently injured though as in paralysed or permanent brain damage due to the velocity at which he went into the stantion.

Old
03-17-2011, 02:11 PM
Jigger77

I didn't get a chance to read the thread yet too much but am I the only person that finds it odd that the Habs of all teams come out and give us the exact situation on an injury? Are they trying to get the fans back into it or something? Since when have we ever had details of any kind on injuries and now we get exact timelines down to the week and a possible return straight from the coaches mouth?

Seems premature to come out and say that to me. They must know what they are doing but seems rather odd given the usual tight lips in the organization.

Old
03-17-2011, 02:11 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I find it very hard to believe you're a serious habs poster with the crap you post.

I live and breath the HABS but for me it is all about the name on the FRONT of the jersey not the one on the back. I have grown up loving the HABS and still have relatives in Montreal it is my fav city to visit and I am a die hard Dryden fan from his playing days not so much with his political aspirations mind you. I am pretty sure my HABS ink shows my dedication to this team.

Old
03-17-2011, 02:12 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I think the "almost dying" part was a bit much...he could have been permamently injured though as in paralysed or permanent brain damage due to the velocity at which he went into the stantion.
You realize just how close people who get paralyzed are to being killed during their accidents, right?

Old
03-17-2011, 02:13 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
Do you actually think this is a smart post?

Here's a question for you: A bullet grazes your head, you go to the hospital and leave the next morning. Were you not close to death? Hence the term, 'dodged a bullet', which is exactly what Max did here.

The neck and head aren't things you **** with. A cm more to the left, an inch to the right, that could be the difference between walking away, spending the rest of your life in a wheelchair or dying.

But reading the crap you've been espousing throughout this whole thing I'm not surprised. Who cares if somebody had to be carted off the ice on a stretcher, it entertained you! Off to the hobo fights!

being grazed by a bullet is not almost dying not in my books for sure. now if you took a round square in teh chest or it penetrated your skull then ya I could say close to dying.

Old
03-17-2011, 02:16 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
You realize just how close people who get paralyzed are to being killed during their accidents, right?
No I don't.

Old
03-17-2011, 02:18 PM
neofury*

Quote:
I live and breath the HABS but for me it is all about the name on the FRONT of the jersey not the one on the back. I have grown up loving the HABS and still have relatives in Montreal it is my fav city to visit and I am a die hard Dryden fan from his playing days not so much with his political aspirations mind you. I am pretty sure my HABS ink shows my dedication to this team.
And you're aware of the emblem on the front of Max Pacioretty's jersey? Not that it's relevant what team he plays for, but given the context and your post.....

Quote:
being grazed by a bullet is not almost dying not in my books for sure. now if you took a round square in teh chest or it penetrated your skull then ya I could say close to dying.
I love how Bruins and now even some habs fans try to spin it that way. If a bullet graces the side of your head and you were walking, had the person pulled the trigger half a second later you'd be dead as it'd be right in between the ears. Just like if Chara had maybe moved slightly faster/slower Pacioretty could be paralyzed or dead right now, but that isn't close to death/paralysis, nope.

Seriously it would take getting paralyzed to knock some sense into some people on these forums. Yeah I'm sure waking up in the hospital after being hit by a car you wouldn't think you nearly died. Yep. My friend who got hit by a car, shattered his jaw, fractured his spine and lost a finger really felt that he didn't nearly get killed. Yep. (If you need a to realize how much of a /rolleyes comment this is you really do lack common sense or a brain)

It really gets to me how some people can't for the life of them be empathetic or even use common sense. But when it happens to them they'll probably be the first people looking for somebody to feel sorry for them too, I guess that's just how extremely selfish close minded people act.

Last edited by neofury*: 03-17-2011 at 02:23 PM.
Old
03-17-2011, 02:23 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
And you're aware of the emblem on the front of Max Pacioretty's jersey? Not that it's relevant what team he plays for, but given the context and your post.....

I love how Bruins and now even some habs fans try to spin it that way. If a bullet graces the side of your head and you were walking, had the person pulled the trigger half a second later you'd be dead as it'd be right in between the ears. Just like if Chara had maybe moved slightly faster/slower Pacioretty could be paralyzed or dead right now, but that isn't close to death/paralysis, nope.

Seriously it would take getting paralyzed to knock some sense into some people on these forums. Yeah I'm sure waking up in the hospital after being hit by a far you wouldn't think you nearly died. Yep. My friend who got hit by a car, shattered his jaw, fractured his spine and lost a finger really felt that he didn't nearly get killed. Yep.

It really gets to me how some people can't for the life of them be empathetic or even use common sense. But when it happens to them they'll probably be the first people looking for somebody to feel sorry for them too, I guess that's just how extremely selfish close minded people act.
Yes it is unfortunate what happened to him but I was poking a little fun at all those people that where bellyaching about him almost dying and so on.

Old
03-17-2011, 02:24 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Yes it is unfortunate what happened to him but I was poking a little fun at all those people that where bellyaching about him almost dying and so on.
Yeah but come on dude it's in extremely poor taste.

Old
03-17-2011, 02:26 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Yeah but come on dude it's in extremely poor taste.

Yes it was just as the sob story they were laying down about the NHL etc not doing enough. I bet AC and VIA rail feel stupid now if they even care about his condition.

Old
03-17-2011, 02:27 PM
MarkovsKnee

OK, so Patches is 4-6 weeks from participating in a practice, is that right? If we take the maximum number of 6 weeks that still means he ain't practicing until the last week of April.

He's missing the first round for sure. He may miss the second round depending on how many practices he needs to be ready, but at best, he may play mid-second round.

I'm on the let's err on the side of caution here. Patches has a bright future ahead of him and it's enough for me to know that he will be back playing again.

Let's just hope he doesn't rush his return and is 100% healthy, fit and ready to go.

Glad to hear he's doing so well and is feeling good. He's the type of hockey player we've been searching for for so long. What a fantastic pick by Timmins et al.

Old
03-17-2011, 02:27 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Yeah, people should really stop worrying about such small things as death, paralysis and head trauma.

Old
03-17-2011, 02:28 PM
Frankenheimer

People seem to confusing length of recovery with severity of injury. They are not one and the same. "Severe" can be understood as a function of length of recovery, or as a function of wellbeing (close to death, paralysis, etc). What we're seeing here are people applying "severe" in the first sense to mock "severity" in the second sense. It's a linguistic problem more than anything. It's possible to have a relatively benign injury that takes forever to recover.

Old
03-17-2011, 02:31 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
ANY spinal injury is potentialy life threatening, don't be ignorant.

Old
03-17-2011, 02:32 PM
Habit11

Quote:
Yes it was just as the sob story they were laying down about the NHL etc not doing enough. I bet AC and VIA rail feel stupid now if they even care about his condition.
Fracture at C1 to C4 can cause sudden death; survivors may experience severe neck pain that restricts all movement, an intense occipital headache, quadriplegia, deformity, and respiratory paralysis.
Read more at http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/n/neck...ktrack=kcplink

Old
03-17-2011, 02:34 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Yeah, people should really stop worrying about such small things as death, paralysis and head trauma.
Again is he paralyzed did he die um lets see nope and nope did he get injured sure but so do countless other guys. One of my friends played for the wings and was KOd by Raffi Torres hospitalized etc did the NHL or AC etc cry foul nope Did Torres recieve anything nope. My buddy took the onus on himself and said if I didn't have my head down I woulda seen it coming my fault was his words.

Old
03-17-2011, 02:37 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
ANY spinal injury is potentialy life threatening, don't be ignorant.
Any car accident is potentialy life threatening. Case in point lady driving her car in Toronto rear ends a car in front of her killed by her airbag. so should everyone cry foul over car airbags and cars in general.

Old
03-17-2011, 02:37 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Again is he paralyzed did he die um lets see nope and nope did he get injured sure but so do countless other guys. One of my friends played for the wings and was KOd by Raffi Torres hospitalized etc did the NHL or AC etc cry foul nope Did Torres recieve anything nope. My buddy took the onus on himself and said if I didn't have my head down I woulda seen it coming my fault was his words.
Is your name Gary by any chance?

Old
03-17-2011, 02:44 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Oh yeah, I remember you... you're the guy who kept dodging my questions.

Old
03-17-2011, 02:46 PM
LyricalLyricist

Continue the conversation in the The Official Injuries Thread.

If you want to wish pacioretty well refer to the Max Pacioretty Get Well Thread

For the most part, this belongs in the injury thread.

Closed Thread