HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Five Kings in the top 55 of THN's Prospect Rankings; Schenn #1

Old
03-15-2011, 06:14 PM
Malakian#13

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Malakian#13
I meant the Kings top 10 but I literally just got mine in the mail

1. Schenn
2. Loktionov
3. Forbort
4. Toffoli
5. Voynov
6. Muzzin
7. Teubert
8. Hickey
9. Kitsyn
10. Jones

Malakian#13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 11:07 AM
TonySCV
One More Time

Looking good!

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 11:09 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Looking good!

Wow, that gets me pumped. It's just too exciting thinking about the future, I can't bear it.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 11:28 AM
Chruceg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Wow, that gets me pumped. It's just too exciting thinking about the future, I can't bear it.
The huge difference between now and seven years ago was that even though we were always hoping for the future to get better the Kings were never good. Now the Kings are good AND the future looks bright. I feel so good about this team right now.

Chruceg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 02:57 PM
northernKing

I know some posters here are alot like me and like hearing about the "behind the scenes" stuff. There is a nice little story about the Kings in the FutureWatch issue and I thought I'd share it here. I don't want to copy it word for word and break any rules so i'll provide a short version.

The story talks about how Kings scouts Mike Futa and Mark Yannetti went to Lombardi and told him how they felt the guy they wanted to draft wasn't gonna be around for LA's next pick at #169. They wanted him to move up. Lombardi makes a few calls and then asks the scouts what they think about a possible deal of picks to move up. Both scouts agree its a good deal and LA trades #169 and #199 to Atlanta for #158.

LA drafts Maxim Kitsyn and a bunch of hoots and hollers erupt from a section of the stands. Turns out Kitsyns' whole family was there "like the Griswolds celebrating"
Futa said alot of teams were scared off by the Russian factor but they felt he would come play in the CHL. As we all know Kitsyn was a key player for Russia at the WJC's and has since come to NA and is playing in the OHL.

Just a nice little tidbit I thought some would enjoy!

northernKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 03:54 PM
Chruceg

Quote:
Originally Posted by nK View Post
I know some posters here are alot like me and like hearing about the "behind the scenes" stuff. There is a nice little story about the Kings in the FutureWatch issue and I thought I'd share it here. I don't want to copy it word for word and break any rules so i'll provide a short version.

The story talks about how Kings scouts Mike Futa and Mark Yannetti went to Lombardi and told him how they felt the guy they wanted to draft wasn't gonna be around for LA's next pick at #169. They wanted him to move up. Lombardi makes a few calls and then asks the scouts what they think about a possible deal of picks to move up. Both scouts agree its a good deal and LA trades #169 and #199 to Atlanta for #158.

LA drafts Maxim Kitsyn and a bunch of hoots and hollers erupt from a section of the stands. Turns out Kitsyns' whole family was there "like the Griswolds celebrating"
Futa said alot of teams were scared off by the Russian factor but they felt he would come play in the CHL. As we all know Kitsyn was a key player for Russia at the WJC's and has since come to NA and is playing in the OHL.

That's a great story! Thank you for sharing.

Old
03-17-2011, 04:36 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by nK View Post

Thanks for that!

"I score ze goals!"

That jawline could kill a moose.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 12:45 PM
northernKing

Also found it a little surprising that they had Schenn listed at 6'2. If true this really will aid him in becoming a solid number 2 center in the Kessler mold.

Old
03-25-2011, 03:25 PM
Moscowitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chruceg View Post
The huge difference between now and seven years ago was that even though we were always hoping for the future to get better the Kings were never good. Now the Kings are good AND the future looks bright. I feel so good about this team right now.
Well said... It is because of this that I have jumped on the Kings' bandwagon this season. And to think I've endured being a Leafs fan for so many years

Moscowitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 04:05 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71111 View Post
Well said... It is because of this that I have jumped on the Kings' bandwagon this season. And to think I've endured being a Leafs fan for so many years
Toronto fans are welcome as we've felt a lot of the same pain. Montreal fan is not.

- R

Rorschach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 05:12 PM
Chruceg

Quote:
Jump on Board!!! Just know that most of the fans here are crazy!

Old
03-31-2011, 06:49 PM
northernKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post
Schenn (1)
Loktionov (39)
Forbort (49)
Toffoli (51)
Voynov (54)

"In preparing our top 50, we consult with each team's top talent evaluator. We ask them to provide a rough sketch of the top 10 prospects in their system, regardless of age, nationality or contract status. Each NHL executive is then sent a master catalogue of the 30 top 10 lists and asked to formulate a top 50 ranking. The spreadsheet does the rest."

High honors!
So far in the HF's top 50 LA has Toffoli at #47 and Loktionov at #43

Old
03-31-2011, 06:54 PM
KingsKnight
Reclaimed the Crown

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
Toronto fans are welcome as we've felt a lot of the same pain. Montreal fan is not.

- R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chruceg View Post
Jump on Board!!! Just know that most of the fans here are crazy!
In the past when someone stated that they were a new Kings fan, almost everyone on here would say something like "Welcome...get used to disappointment". It feels like those days are gone. We have a good team now, and a bright future.

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 08:22 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I can't see why Linden Vey got overlooked. The season before his draft he was expected to be a top 5 pick. He had an off season by his standards for a couple of good reasons, we drafted him and he played up to his previous expectations. He has good size, plays a solid two way game and can be physical at times too, he is going to turn some heads for sure when he gets his shot.

I think that Vey sort of fell off of the scouting communities radar and is one of those players that most will think came out of nowhere but some will say things like "we knew it all along"etc. He is close to on par with Toffoli though they play different games and have different strengths.

Oh well, I think that Josh does an excellent job for us and if I were THn I would contact him first and then move down the line.

Meh

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 10:10 PM
northernKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I can't see why Linden Vey got overlooked. The season before his draft he was expected to be a top 5 pick. He had an off season by his standards for a couple of good reasons, we drafted him and he played up to his previous expectations. He has good size, plays a solid two way game and can be physical at times too, he is going to turn some heads for sure when he gets his shot.

I think that Vey sort of fell off of the scouting communities radar and is one of those players that most will think came out of nowhere but some will say things like "we knew it all along"etc. He is close to on par with Toffoli though they play different games and have different strengths.

Oh well, I think that Josh does an excellent job for us and if I were THn I would contact him first and then move down the line.

Meh
I've seen him play a couple times on TV and see alot of Clark MaCarthur in him. Just wish he was taller than 6'0

Old
04-01-2011, 10:48 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

A 6'4" Vey would be a monster.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 01:35 PM
northernKing