HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

OT Thread 10 "Nerd Business"

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2011, 02:40 PM
EmpireStateofMind

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
I'm confused. How would a METAL detector detect acid, booze in a glass bottle or drugs? Were they wrapped in tin foil?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
They probably forced kids to empty pockets and bags. If I was their lawyer I'd move to suppress for illegal search.
This. And they look through your bags. If you're unlucky, you get a pat down as well haha.

Old
03-17-2011, 02:49 PM
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people

Isn't that illegal? Well it seems like it could be interpreted as that.

Old
03-17-2011, 02:56 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpireStateofMind View Post
This. And they look through your bags. If you're unlucky, you get a pat down as well haha.
Wow. I feel bad that you guys have to put up with that kind of BS simply to go to school.

Old
03-17-2011, 03:00 PM
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people

Well my there goes my bracket. Morehead State.....And I was lazy and did only one bracket although my group allows three.

Old
03-17-2011, 03:03 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
a pat down?

Someones looking for a lawsuit eh?

Old
03-17-2011, 03:06 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Brolov View Post
Isn't that illegal? Well it seems like it could be interpreted as that.
Nope. Teachers/police have a LOT of ridiculous power to do basically whatever they want in schools if it can be construed as a safety issue.

Old
03-17-2011, 03:06 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

It's sad but a lot of this is necessary in NYC public schools. There's kids that still get weapons, drugs, alcohol, etc in the school even with metal detectors and scanners. I do feel a lot safer with all of this in place though it's a pain not having my phone on me.

And they may have a case. Your rights are limited in a school setting but this seems to be excessive.

Old
03-17-2011, 03:10 PM
EmpireStateofMind

Could be worse. At least it was a same sex pat down
I haven't seen them do it this year but last year they did.

Old
03-17-2011, 03:11 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Nope. Teachers/police have a LOT of ridiculous power to do basically whatever they want in schools if it can be construed as a safety issue.
Not necessarily. For instance if 20 or 30 kids a week were getting caught using drugs or alcohol on school grounds then the school would probably be justified in searching kids randomly. If there is one isolated incident of drug use then they can't just out of nowhere tell kids they have to start getting searched when they come to school.

Metal detectors should be fine because its not really a search, but searching bags and pat-downs is bullcrap.

Old
03-17-2011, 03:13 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Not necessarily. For instance if 20 or 30 kids a week were getting caught using drugs or alcohol on school grounds then the school would probably be justified in searching kids randomly. If there is one isolated incident of drug use then they can't just out of nowhere tell kids they have to start getting searched when they come to school.
Yep. Basically comes down to if they have reasonable suspicion or probable cause which it sounds like they don't in this case to be honest. Again though, because it's in a school setting it gets tricky.

Old
03-17-2011, 03:13 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
It's not drug use though, ESOM said it was the acid incident. When there's ANY reason for school officials to believe that the safety of students are in danger they have a compelling reason to do stuff like that.

Old
03-17-2011, 03:20 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
It's not drug use though, ESOM said it was the acid incident. When there's ANY reason for school officials to believe that the safety of students are in danger they have a compelling reason to do stuff like that.
Well its a similar situation. If a schmuck brings acid to school one day then I agree that the cops should be able to check other students bags THAT DAY in order to preserve safety. But if they decide to search kids from that day forward because of a singular isolated incident, then I'm sure parents will start calling their lawyers, or at least they should. This is basically what I've learned so far in law school, haha.

Old
03-17-2011, 03:22 PM
EmpireStateofMind

Quote:
Well its a similar situation. If a schmuck brings acid to school one day then I agree that the cops should be able to check other students bags THAT DAY in order to preserve safety. But if they decide to search kids from that day forward because of a singular isolated incident, then I'm sure parents will start calling their lawyers, or at least they should. This is basically what I've learned so far in law school, haha.
The kid didn't bring acid to school. The kids use acid in chem lab. Diluted acid, but still.

Old
03-17-2011, 03:24 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Oh I agree with you it's really intrusive and should probably not be allowed, but I think that by law it's fine as is.

Old
03-17-2011, 04:18 PM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Quote:
So we had metal detectors in school today and people I know got caught with weed and Jack Daniels.
Some other girl had alcohol and she tried to run away from the police
Idiots.
Weed is made of metal?

*edit

derp, didn't notice there was an entire page ahead of page 5. lol

Old
03-17-2011, 04:18 PM
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg00se View Post
Weed is made of metal?
Well someone bought the wrong stuff. A shredded metal and oregano mix.

Old
03-17-2011, 04:23 PM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Brolov View Post
Well someone bought the wrong stuff. A shredded metal and oregano mix.
Lmfao XD Smoking that would REALLY **** you up.

Also, when you say they brought acid to school, do mean like...LSD? or like...acid? lol

Old
03-17-2011, 04:26 PM
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg00se View Post
Lmfao XD Smoking that would REALLY **** you up.

Also, when you say they brought acid to school, do mean like...LSD? or like...acid? lol
That would be terrible for you.

Actually no one brought acid to school. It was diluted acid from a chem lab.

Old
03-17-2011, 08:41 PM
EmpireStateofMind

I don't know if I should go to school tomorrow. Since it's a half-day, I only would be in school for a grand total of an hour and fifteen minutes. It takes me longer than that to get to and from school

Old
03-17-2011, 09:03 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
I don't know if I should go to school tomorrow. Since it's a half-day, I only would be in school for a grand total of an hour and fifteen minutes. It takes me longer than that to get to and from school
Don't bother. You're just gonna sit there bored while everyone else is home sleeping. Sleeping >

Old
03-17-2011, 09:09 PM
EmpireStateofMind

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Don't bother. You're just gonna sit there bored while everyone else is home sleeping. Sleeping >
Damn, but I love gym and economics class
Do you have a half day? I still can't believe we have PTC at our age lol.

Old
03-17-2011, 09:12 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Damn, but I love gym and economics class
Do you have a half day? I still can't believe we have PTC at our age lol.
Yeah, I have two periods which are probably 25 or 30 minutes long. To be honest, I don't even know what time they start tomorrow so even if I wanted to go in, I couldn't. I left early today too, three periods was enough for me

On another note, I was thinking about going to Newark in the morning and hitting up the Caps morning skate for autos but I realized it was too much for me in one day. I'd have to leave for Newark at 8 in the morning and hang out there trying to get them before and after than head back to Brooklyn to pick up my little brother from school only to head to MSG for autos than the Ranger game. Too much action for me in a 12 hour span.

Old
03-17-2011, 09:18 PM
EmpireStateofMind

Quote:
Yeah, I have two periods which are probably 25 or 30 minutes long. To be honest, I don't even know what time they start tomorrow so even if I wanted to go in, I couldn't. I left early today too, three periods was enough for me

On another note, I was thinking about going to Newark in the morning and hitting up the Caps morning skate for autos but I realized it was too much for me in one day. I'd have to leave for Newark at 8 in the morning and hang out there trying to get them before and after than head back to Brooklyn to pick up my little brother from school only to head to MSG for autos than the Ranger game. Too much action for me in a 12 hour span.
Yup, half day periods are shortened and they start later. Haha my first three periods are a joke: gym, economics and lunch.

Yeah, that would be a lot to fit into one day. Hopefully, the Caps win and come out after the game in a good mood. I would love to get my jersey signed and some pictures.

Have fun at the game tomorrow! Do go the store when you're at MSG?

Old
03-17-2011, 09:22 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Yup, half day periods are shortened and they start later. Haha my first three periods are a joke: gym, economics and lunch.

Yeah, that would be a lot to fit into one day. Hopefully, the Caps win and come out after the game in a good mood. I would love to get my jersey signed and some pictures.

Have fun at the game tomorrow! Do go the store when you're at MSG?
From people that I know that are regulars out in Jersey for autos, you'll be fine with basically all of them except Fehr and Ovechkin. Fehr refuses to sign and Ovechkin's nickname out there is Novechkin since he refuses to sign too

And thank you, you too. You mean the team store in MSG?

Old
03-17-2011, 09:28 PM
EmpireStateofMind

Quote:
From people that I know that are regulars out in Jersey for autos, you'll be fine with basically all of them except Fehr and Ovechkin. Fehr refuses to sign and Ovechkin's nickname out there is Novechkin since he refuses to sign too

And thank you, you too. You mean the team store in MSG?
Hehe maybe if I ask him in Russian, he'll sign my jersey. Semin doesn't seem to sign either. They both ran off last time. Damn Russians.

You're welcome Yeah, I was wondering if you stop by there

Closed Thread