HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings vs. Blues - 03/17/11 - POSTGAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Closed Thread

Old
03-18-2011, 01:36 AM
SLang

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by riznat View Post
That in his entire career hes never been bood off the ice that bad by the home crowd. That after a hard fought 4 game road trip its embarrasing to come home and be boo'd by the fans.

To be honest, im not totally certain that he was mad at the fans and not his team. I assume he was mad with the fans but it could definitely be taken that he was mad that the team was so bad after a good road trip that they would be boo'd by the fans.
Oh, he was mad at the fans. Mad at his team, too, I'm sure, but definitely mad at the fans. He was upset at how the team got boo'd off the ice at the end of the second. Down only 2-0 with a third of the game left. Fans should be supporting at that point. Boo at the end of the game, fine, but not with a whole period left and a not-insurmountable deficit.

He said something to the effect of "after a great road trip, going 4-0 in some very difficult places". Basically what he's saying is look how we did for you on the road, and that's how you treat us when the game still has a period to go?

He's right, too.

Old
03-18-2011, 01:38 AM
Martyros

Honestly, who DIDN'T see this coming?

Old
03-18-2011, 01:41 AM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Here is what TM said...

Question: What that one of the more disappointing games in recent memory?

MURRAY: ďYou know what the most disappointing, frustrating thing was? At the end of the second period, we were booed off the ice by our fans. That is the most embarrassing thing I have ever been through. Thatís the worst Iíve ever been through, in all the years Iíve been coaching. Iíve been behind the bench almost 3,000 hockey games in the NHL, and booed off the ice by your own fans at the end of the second period, here after this road trip, going 4-0 in hard places, very disappointing.Ē

http://lakingsinsider.com/2011/03/17...ns/#more-13286

Old
03-18-2011, 01:42 AM
verbalkint47

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
He was the kid on Star Trek: The Next Generation and has done some guest work on The Big Bang Theory.
stand by me

Old
03-18-2011, 01:43 AM
SLang

I'm sure he also noticed some of the booing during that first period power play, too. I sat at home watching just thinking how weak it is to boo at that point in the game.

Old
03-18-2011, 01:45 AM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

I just saw the Clifford fight on youtube, I'd be very surprised if he didn't miss more than one game. The Kings need to make sure that he's healthy before he returns because you can't tell an intense competitor like Clifford to take it easy it's just not his game and it never will be. Do you think that you guys will call up a replacement for a bottom 6 role or a top 6 role?

03-18-2011, 01:47 AM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

Murray was in Philly and NEVER got booed??? THIS I find hard to believe...

Old
03-18-2011, 01:48 AM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Here is what TM said...

MURRAY: ďYou know what the most disappointing, frustrating thing was? At the end of the second period, we were booed off the ice by our fans. That is the most embarrassing thing I have ever been through. Thatís the worst Iíve ever been through, in all the years Iíve been coaching. Iíve been behind the bench almost 3,000 hockey games in the NHL, and booed off the ice by your own fans at the end of the second period, here after this road trip, going 4-0 in hard places, very disappointing.Ē

Boo fricking hoo Terry! It just shows how high the team standard is now and the fans won't put up with a stinker of a game, especially after winning 4 on the road.

Old
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Players and coaches that ***** about fans booing are dumb. They're professional athletes and if their feelings get hurt by booing they shouldn't be in the big leagues.

Whether you like booing or not, people pay to go and they have the right to boo.

Old
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZZIE King View Post
Murray was in Philly and NEVER got booed??? THIS I find hard to believe...
This, TM's just blowing steam.

Old
03-18-2011, 01:49 AM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Well the good thing is ..oilers boards keep going their "Down with the Kings"- thread.

They are, aren't they?

Old
03-18-2011, 01:49 AM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

I think he was pissed at being booed in the 2nd. It's one thing to be booed when the game is over, but not when you still have a chance to get back in it.

Old
03-18-2011, 01:50 AM
damacles1156

I knew this would be a loss, At this point I would be happy if the Kings play 500. hockey the rest of the way.

They have got to be dead tired right about now, with how close the west is.

Losing Clifford sucks, but Richardson will step in. And someone will get a call up.

Move on to the next game.

Old
03-18-2011, 01:53 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
As he should. The fans should be supporting the team, not against them. They just came back after a great road trip and the team gets to hear that? I would understand if they kept losing, but they aren't. It was a terrible game, the team knows that. Whatever.
Perfectly said.

Old
03-18-2011, 01:53 AM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

The worst part of Clifford being injured is that it probably means Westgarth is in full time now, unless DL calls someone up.

Old
03-18-2011, 01:54 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

If 1 bright spark can come from this game, its that Moller gets a call up, and put in the top 6, by default dropping Smyth down to the 3th line

Old
03-18-2011, 01:55 AM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Let's just hope this isn't a start of another terrible losing streak. With Hiller feeling better and the Stars, Yotes and Sharks winning...we can't skid.

Old
03-18-2011, 01:55 AM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
If 1 bright spark can come from this game, its that Moller gets a call up, and put in the top 6, by default dropping Smyth down to the 3th line
Not a chance

Old
03-18-2011, 01:59 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
Oh, he was mad at the fans. Mad at his team, too, I'm sure, but definitely mad at the fans. He was upset at how the team got boo'd off the ice at the end of the second. Down only 2-0 with a third of the game left. Fans should be supporting at that point. Boo at the end of the game, fine, but not with a whole period left and a not-insurmountable deficit.

He said something to the effect of "after a great road trip, going 4-0 in some very difficult places". Basically what he's saying is look how we did for you on the road, and that's how you treat us when the game still has a period to go?

He's right, too.
Look how they did for us on the road?

The fans of the other teams got to watch REAL hockey. The fans at home got to watch the Blues put on a clinic. There was absolutely no passion or focus whatsoever. The Kings should be ashamed of themselves, that thousands of people paying good money to show their support, was subjected to such lousy effort, poor execution, and lack of focus.

I just hope the boos were recorded and play over the loudspeaker at next practice, so they'll know what they're getting on Saturday if they try to pull the same crap again.

Old
03-18-2011, 02:00 AM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

The booing is that a common thing during a game for other teams in the league or is it just Kings fans being uneducated as fans?

(imo for this occasion the dumbest bunch I've ever experienced, as a fan you are supposed to support in all situations not only when winning but through rough times as well.)

How does it help your team to boo them before the game has ended??????? Fools!

Old
03-18-2011, 02:01 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

You won't hear me say this very often but TM is right.

The team just went 4-0 and did they stink tonight? Yes. Are you going to motivate them to trying harder by booing them? No. Its an embarrassment that the Kings fans boo them after two periods. Its embarrassing to be boing them period. End of the game, if you still feel that way then whatever but how in the F do you expect your team to go out and do something that you as a fan aren't willing to do?

Individual chants, sure I guess. If the crowd picked up a "Murray Sucks" or whatever then whatever I guess but I don't really think that is right either.

It looks like the team came out and showed us what they thought of being booed and good for them (sort of).

The whole thing feels like B.S. to me. Its crunch time and I think that if you are lucky enough to be in attendance at a Kings game then you should be getting your playoff game shape going by showing the team that you as a fan are going to cheer your team on regardless of what happens.

Do or die.

I just don't get the whole boo your team and then expect better results thing.

Old
03-18-2011, 02:02 AM
Winger23

Quote:
Here is what TM said...

The only thing embarrassing Murray were the Kings. No wonder the team wasn't ready to play this game, Murray is still living in the past and the 4 game road trip.

Old
03-18-2011, 02:02 AM
BadBad Browns

I was at the game tonight and they deserved every boo they got. The 4 game win streak is even more of a reason for them to get booed after the effort they put in tonight. And I'm honestly an optimist and a look on the bright side kinda guy but there's nothing going that direction regarding that game tonight.

SAD. :'(

Old
03-18-2011, 02:05 AM
Winger23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
You won't hear me say this very often but TM is right.

The team just went 4-0 and did they stink tonight? Yes. Are you going to motivate them to trying harder by booing them? No. Its an embarrassment that the Kings fans boo them after two periods. Its embarrassing to be boing them period. End of the game, if you still feel that way then whatever but how in the F do you expect your team to go out and do something that you as a fan aren't willing to do?

Individual chants, sure I guess. If the crowd picked up a "Murray Sucks" or whatever then whatever I guess but I don't really think that is right either.

It looks like the team came out and showed us what they thought of being booed and good for them (sort of).

The whole thing feels like B.S. to me. Its crunch time and I think that if you are lucky enough to be in attendance at a Kings game then you should be getting your playoff game shape going by showing the team that you as a fan are going to cheer your team on regardless of what happens.

Do or die.

I just don't get the whole boo your team and then expect better results thing.
I wasn't there, but from the background noise it appeared the fans were trying to support them, they gave some damn loud cheers on quick's early play. They were trying to will the Kings to do something. I can't get over the fact they had only 6 shots in 2 periods, and I don't think any of the 6 were considered good scoring chances. the 4 game road trip raised expectations. The Kings came out and laid an egg.

Old
03-18-2011, 02:06 AM
kingdoughty

it sucks to say but they deserved to get bood

Closed Thread