HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings vs. Blues - 03/17/11 - POSTGAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Closed Thread

Old
03-18-2011, 01:07 AM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
You won't hear me say this very often but TM is right.

The team just went 4-0 and did they stink tonight? Yes. Are you going to motivate them to trying harder by booing them? No. Its an embarrassment that the Kings fans boo them after two periods. Its embarrassing to be boing them period. End of the game, if you still feel that way then whatever but how in the F do you expect your team to go out and do something that you as a fan aren't willing to do?

Individual chants, sure I guess. If the crowd picked up a "Murray Sucks" or whatever then whatever I guess but I don't really think that is right either.

It looks like the team came out and showed us what they thought of being booed and good for them (sort of).

The whole thing feels like B.S. to me. Its crunch time and I think that if you are lucky enough to be in attendance at a Kings game then you should be getting your playoff game shape going by showing the team that you as a fan are going to cheer your team on regardless of what happens.

Do or die.

I just don't get the whole boo your team and then expect better results thing.
Exactly. Down by two with 20 minutes to play, what the ****? I was pissed at the crowd from my couch.

Old
03-18-2011, 01:07 AM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
You won't hear me say this very often but TM is right.

The team just went 4-0 and did they stink tonight? Yes. Are you going to motivate them to trying harder by booing them? No. Its an embarrassment that the Kings fans boo them after two periods. Its embarrassing to be boing them period. End of the game, if you still feel that way then whatever but how in the F do you expect your team to go out and do something that you as a fan aren't willing to do?

Individual chants, sure I guess. If the crowd picked up a "Murray Sucks" or whatever then whatever I guess but I don't really think that is right either.

It looks like the team came out and showed us what they thought of being booed and good for them (sort of).

The whole thing feels like B.S. to me. Its crunch time and I think that if you are lucky enough to be in attendance at a Kings game then you should be getting your playoff game shape going by showing the team that you as a fan are going to cheer your team on regardless of what happens.

Do or die.

I just don't get the whole boo your team and then expect better results thing.
What? There was more offense in the 3rd then the first two combined. And what it with that "lucky enough to be in attendance" junk. I feel bad for the people in attendance tonight. It's not like they are paying the fans to be there, it's the other way around.

Old
03-18-2011, 01:08 AM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

And more important than one lousy game, sure hope our boy Clifford is ok.

Old
03-18-2011, 01:08 AM
BadBad Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger23 View Post
I wasn't there, but from the background noise it appeared the fans were trying to support them, they gave some damn loud cheers on quick's early play. They were trying to will the Kings to do something. I can't get over the fact they had only 6 shots in 2 periods, and I don't think any of the 6 were considered good scoring chances. the 4 game road trip raised expectations. The Kings came out and laid an egg.
You're right. The fans were passionate tonight both ways. They just had a lot more to boo (which mainly started about the 10 minute mark of the 2nd) about than cheer about.

Spot on with all your points.

Old
03-18-2011, 01:09 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
Look how they did for us on the road?

The fans of the other teams got to watch REAL hockey. The fans at home got to watch the Blues put on a clinic. There was absolutely no passion or focus whatsoever. The Kings should be ashamed of themselves, that thousands of people paying good money to show their support, was subjected to such lousy effort, poor execution, and lack of focus.

I just hope the boos were recorded and play over the loudspeaker at next practice, so they'll know what they're getting on Saturday if they try to pull the same crap again.
Yep I mean I remember the fans of those other teams booing their teams off the ice as they were getting beaten by the Kings oh wait, that didn't happen. Even in losing those fans showed us up tonight.

WE THINK YOU SUCK NOW GO OUT AND PLAY YOUR HEARTS OUT AND RISK INJURY FOR OUR ENTERTAINMENT OR WE WILL CONTINUE TO SHOW OUR DISPLEASURE!

Ridiculous.

I totally understand the frustration, I am frustrated too but I can't see how booing your team is supposed to show them your support and how much you want them to win. Maybe that is the reason why they play so well on the road? I doubt it but it wouldn't be the wildest thing I have ever heard for team who doesn't have the respect of their fans return the favor and lose their grit playing in front of them.

Really, you cheer for your team when they are down and sucking, that is how you become a part of the experience in helping will your team to win. That's when your team will try their hardest for you.

Its easy to cheer when they are up and winning and really they don't need it all that much then, they need it when they are struggling.

Who cares though and everyone has the right to express themselves in any manner that they like so F me for posting and I do apologize but really, I guess I just don't get it.

All I can say is I am happy I am not able to be at the game because I would have gotten pretty sore if anyone around me was booing the team.

Old
03-18-2011, 01:11 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Well, the Kings will get the playoff cheers when they start playing for the playoffs. But I'll tell you what... they won't make the playoffs if they keep playing like they did tonight.

The fans tried cheering. I heard them. The Kings responded by giving them two shots in the first period. Seems to me the Kings don't appreciate the support the fans gave them... and the fans sure as heck had more energy and passion than the Kings did.

Old
03-18-2011, 01:11 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
What? There was more offense in the 3rd then the first two combined. And what it with that "lucky enough to be in attendance" junk. I feel bad for the people in attendance tonight. It's not like they are paying the fans to be there, it's the other way around.
Lets see, your in Virginia right? I am not in L.A. either so don't you think that it would be great to be able to be at the games? Don't you think that the people who can attend are lucky? If not then you and I aren't gonna see eye to eye on too much here.

To the rest of your point I have to disagree.

Old
03-18-2011, 01:12 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Well, the Kings will get the playoff cheers when they start playing for the playoffs. But I'll tell you what... they won't make the playoffs if they keep playing like they did tonight.

The fans tried cheering. I heard them. The Kings responded by giving them two shots in the first period. Seems to me the Kings don't appreciate the support the fans gave them... and the fans sure as heck had more energy and passion than the Kings did.
So how is booing them supposed to do anything except make them give up? YOU SUCK!!! Now go and dance better for me monkey.

Old
03-18-2011, 01:13 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBad Browns View Post
I was at the game tonight and they deserved every boo they got. The 4 game win streak is even more of a reason for them to get booed after the effort they put in tonight. And I'm honestly an optimist and a look on the bright side kinda guy but there's nothing going that direction regarding that game tonight.

SAD. :'(
No team deserves to get boo'd. It doesn't matter how you look at it. It's a self fulfillment for the fans. Do you think you're helping the team by booing them in end of the second? Uh no. If you're so unhappy with the team and how they're playing, why not leave if you're just going to boo? "Because I want the team to know how I feel". You don't kick somebody while they're down.

I understand there is booing all the time, but this was just the wrong time to do it, in my opinion. Wait for the team to go on a complete skid before you give up. Or maybe just cheer more for the team? No? Okay.

Old
03-18-2011, 01:16 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:

How many games like this have they played in the last....20?

If this was their constant effort then it might be different but they come home after a great roadie, lay an egg and get booed at the end of the second. Great showing of support.

Old
03-18-2011, 01:16 AM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

There is a difference between loosing and a total and complete lack of effort. Outside of Quick's first period heroics, the game was a complete and utter travesty.

Old
03-18-2011, 01:21 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Yep I mean I remember the fans of those other teams booing their teams off the ice as they were getting beaten by the Kings oh wait, that didn't happen. Even in losing those fans showed us up tonight.
Those teams played hard against the Kings. It was a real hockey game. Unfortunately, the Kings don't really outplay any team so bad enough that the fans would boo them.

Quote:
WE THINK YOU SUCK NOW GO OUT AND PLAY YOUR HEARTS OUT AND RISK INJURY FOR OUR ENTERTAINMENT OR WE WILL CONTINUE TO SHOW OUR DISPLEASURE!

Ridiculous.
More like GET YOUR **** TOGETHER! YOU'RE NOT TRYING HARD ENOUGH, YOU'RE LOSING TO SOMEONE YOU CAN BEAT, AND YOU'RE NOT EVEN MAKING IT A COMPETITIVE GAME!

Quote:
I totally understand the frustration, I am frustrated too but I can't see ho booing your team is supposed to show them your support and how much you want them to win. Maybe that is the reason why they play so well on the road? I doubt it but it wouldn't be the wildest thing I have ever heard for team who doesn't have the respect of their fans return the favor and lose their grit playing in front of them.

Really, you cheer for your team when they are down and sucking, that is how you become a part of the experience in helping will your team to win. That's when your team will try their hardest for you.
I am someone who doesn't like to boo. I'm not as expressive of my displeasure, although I'm quite comfortable writing about it. However, I applaud the people who boo when what is seen on the ice is just simply unacceptable.

The fans tried cheering. They tried to encourage the players. The players didn't respond. When cheering doesn't work, people voice their displeasure, and they earned every boo out there, if not more.

I understand why you think fans shouldn't boo. I also understand why you think fans should cheer regardless. But honestly, I think the boos sended a much stronger message of "your play isn't acceptable" instead of a cheer saying "we love you no matter how uninspired you play."

Old
03-18-2011, 01:22 AM
William H Bonney

Booing isn't my style but I also don't live close enough to go to the games and spend my hard earned money on expensive tickets and concessions. That effort tonight was a disgrace. That "effort" deserved to be booed, regardless that I wouldn't have participated. Is it an effort in futility to boo? Pretty much but so were the Kings. One thing I do hate is the "bronx cheer" on a goalie though. Booing the whole team? Whatever but don't start singling players out.

To me, Murray's comments just reek of a guy that's been the head coach in two non-traditional markets (for 6 years) since his last gig in Philly. He's been living like a fat cat in media markets that don't ask tough questions or demand any sense of accountability. This was the most he's had to answer to anyone. The fans took the softball out of the Kings hired arm and did the lobbing themselves. Terry forgot what it was like.

Last edited by William H Bonney: 03-18-2011 at 01:39 AM.
Old
03-18-2011, 01:23 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
No team deserves to get boo'd. It doesn't matter how you look at it. It's a self fulfillment for the fans. Do you think you're helping the team by booing them in end of the second? Uh no. If you're so unhappy with the team and how they're playing, why not leave if you're just going to boo? "Because I want the team to know how I feel". You don't kick somebody while they're down.

I understand there is booing all the time, but this was just the wrong time to do it, in my opinion. Wait for the team to go on a complete skid before you give up. Or maybe just cheer more for the team? No? Okay.
Maybe we and the others like us are wrong. Maybe we should only cheer for the team win it is winning all of the time and never put ourselves out there with them.

Go out and give your all team and do it all of the time but don't expect the same from us.

Its easy to love a winner but heaven forbid that we have a terrible game, then its all boo's.

Especially after having so much success.

Again you said it better Shellz

Old
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

For all those saying it is okay for booing before the game is over I have one thing to say.

You don't give up on your team!!!!! ,boo afterward.

Old
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
Here is what TM said...

Question: What that one of the more disappointing games in recent memory?

MURRAY: ďYou know what the most disappointing, frustrating thing was? At the end of the second period, we were booed off the ice by our fans. That is the most embarrassing thing I have ever been through. Thatís the worst Iíve ever been through, in all the years Iíve been coaching. Iíve been behind the bench almost 3,000 hockey games in the NHL, and booed off the ice by your own fans at the end of the second period, here after this road trip, going 4-0 in hard places, very disappointing.Ē

http://lakingsinsider.com/2011/03/17...ns/#more-13286
Never once in Philly? I find that hard to believe quite frankly.

Also, that might be one of the most poorly played games of those 3000 so maybe it was bound to happen. Sometimes I think people are booing the other team more than the Kings. I usually only boo the referees because they are all ********.

Old
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Lets see, your in Virginia right? I am not in L.A. either so don't you think that it would be great to be able to be at the games? Don't you think that the people who can attend are lucky? If not then you and I aren't gonna see eye to eye on too much here.

To the rest of your point I have to disagree.
Sure, I'd love to go to more games, but I just don't think paying market value for something that isn't in crazy high demand "lucky". You and I are in different situations then the people at Staples tonight. Probably more then 99% of those people in that building were local. They could go to as many games as they want as long as they fork over the money for gas, tickets, parking, food, and their time. Those are valuable assets and when you give up those assets and see a team roll over like they did, booing is going to happen.

Old
03-18-2011, 01:24 AM
Docgonzo
Triple Crown Line

When a professional hockey team can't muster more than 6 shots in 2 periods they deserve anything they get. This team played like they were in some pre-season scrimmage game that didn't matter. And I will never EVER feel sorry for a bunch of millionaires playing a game for a living.

Booing in a game like this would happen with any fans from any other team in the league.

Plus how in a game like this do you not call a timeout and try to get your team's heads back in the game...

Old
03-18-2011, 01:26 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:

I understand why you think fans shouldn't boo. I also understand why you think fans should cheer regardless. But honestly, I think the boos sended a much stronger message of "your play isn't acceptable" instead of a cheer saying "we love you no matter how uninspired you play."
Yes because that is what I am saying, you should always cheer them no matter how they play. This team has turned itself around and has been playing exceptionally well. Don't believe, check out our record for the second half of the season as compared to the rest of the league.

We had a stinker against Detroit, the Isles and tonight. So go ahead and support people who lye in waiting for us to have two thirds of a bad game and then let fly the boo's.

Like I said, you and I won't agree on too much here. But that's alright, its just one topic I am sure we can kind common ground on something else.

Old
03-18-2011, 01:30 AM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Quote:
How many games like this have they played in the last....20?If this was their constant effort then it might be different but they come home after a great roadie, lay an egg and get booed at the end of the second. Great showing of support.
How many HOME games in the last 20 have the played like that? That's the questons you have to ask.

Terry Murray just sealed his fate with me. He can choke on my action and die of apshyxiation at this point. I'm sorry Terry, but some of us drove a long way and paid money tonight to see 6-7 shots after two periods of play. Unlike you Terry, we didn't get paid to watch this debacle and, unlike you Terry, all of us in the crowd would have pulled Quick after allowing a goal from center ice. Unlike us in the crowd, who were spot on in their booing, you are a genius who decided to leave your broken goalie in the game so he could let in a backhand that was almost as embarassing as the center-ice goal.

I have season seats; I've had them for ten years. I ****ing booed tonight and it was well deserved. I love this team but I'll be damned if I will stand up and cheer as Ryan Smyth makes another turnover.

Sorry we all weren't at the ****ing airport to welcome the team home after winning 4 games Terry, you piece of garbage. Maybe you haven't noticed, but winning 4 games in a row is kind of par for the course in the Western Conference so, before you start blowing yourself, you may want to look at the standings and see that you just lost ground on San Jose and got passed by Phoenix because you just got swept by a garbage team...at home...and were shutout.

In all my years of watching home games Terry, I've never been more disapointed with an effort. In all the games I've seen, I've never witnessed a team in a prime position to get points just completely **** the bed. That's what is most upsetting.

Attack the fans after being dominated by a garbage team? We weren't the ones with sticks and skates on tonight, yet we are the first problem that needs to be addressed?

This clown can't leave town quick enough. Unfortunately for my ticket rep and anyone else I can talk to tomorrow, they are getting an earful on behalf of Terry and his ********.

Old
03-18-2011, 01:34 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
Sure, I'd love to go to more games, but I just don't think paying market value for something that isn't in crazy high demand "lucky". You and I are in different situations then the people at Staples tonight. Probably more then 99% of those people in that building were local. They could go to as many games as they want as long as they fork over the money for gas, tickets, parking, food, and their time. Those are valuable assets and when you give up those assets and see a team roll over like they did, booing is going to happen.
Right and in that they even have the opportunity to do so I count them lucky. That's my point and again I understand its expensive, I had season seats for the kings for a few years (those were fabulous forum days) and to me I always thought it was more of an honor to have an NHL team to cheer for that I could go and see whenever I wanted.

I was young enough to where it was absurdly expensive for me to have season tickets but I made the sacrifices to go and see the team in person and try to help cheer them on to a win and back then it was *any* win.

We were truly and pretty much *always* lousy back then but it didn't matter to me or most of the people at most of the games that I went to. I can honestly say that I can't remember our team being boo'd off the ice after the second period back then.

It was an embarrassment to my way of thinking but like I have said, everyone else is equally entitled to their own opinion. I just can't find any way to agree with the idea that you are doing anything positive by showing your team how much you think that they suck. I don't see how you expect them to do any better when you do so.

I can't see how it is alright to ask the team to give their all in trying to win for you the fan when you aren't willing to support them to the end. Play to the whistle player but cheer only when we are winning?

To me that is where the disconnect seems to be.

Old
03-18-2011, 01:35 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

I will say this and only this. Those who booed tonight should hang your head in shame.

You just booed your hockey team that picked itself up from potentially missing the playoffs, became one of the best teams in the league from January forward and just came off a four game road trip and win streak. If you expect this team to play well each night, then you’re new to hockey. Some games, the team won’t have it. It happens. It’s your job to lift them up, scream, cheer, start the chants, and not behave like a bunch of spoiled little brats with too much to drink and not enough brain between the ears.

Old
03-18-2011, 01:39 AM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Quote:
Right and in that they even have the opportunity to do so I count them lucky. That's my point and again I understand its expensive, I had season seats for the kings for a few years (those were fabulous forum days) and to me I always thought it was more of an honor to have an NHL team to cheer for that I could go and see whenever I wanted.

I was young enough to where it was absurdly expensive for me to have season tickets but I made the sacrifices to go and see the team in person and try to help cheer them on to a win and back then it was *any* win.

We were truly and pretty much *always* lousy back then but it didn't matter to me or most of the people at most of the games that I went to. I can honestly say that I can't remember our team being boo'd off the ice after the second period back then.

It was an embarrassment to my way of thinking but like I have said, everyone else is equally entitled to their own opinion. I just can't find any way to agree with the idea that you are doing anything positive by showing your team how much you think that they suck. I don't see how you expect them to do any better when you do so.

I can't see how it is alright to ask the team to give their all in trying to win for you the fan when you aren't willing to support them to the end. Play to the whistle player but cheer only when we are winning?To me that is where the disconnect seems to be.
They didn't give their all...that's the whole point of the booing. If they were giving their all, there wouldn't have been any booing.

There is no disconnect; if you play hard hen you will be cheered but, if you play like complete garbage, you will be booed.

This isn't rocket science...it's the way professional sports have been since Ty Cobb first slid cleats up into a 2nd baseman. Murray is completely out of line with his comments.

The ****ing crowd responds to the play on the ice, not the other way around. The crowd booing did not make the King lose. The Kings made the Kings lose and the Kings made the crowd boo.

Eff Terry Murray. He should be **** on by any season seat holder after tonight. Pay that ****ers salary and that's the first thing he comments on after that abortion of a game?

Old
03-18-2011, 01:41 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Not worried about Quickie. He always bounces back after bad games.

Old
03-18-2011, 01:41 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
How many HOME games in the last 20 have the played like that? That's the questons you have to ask.

Terry Murray just sealed his fate with me. He can choke on my action and die of apshyxiation at this point. I'm sorry Terry, but some of us drove a long way and paid money tonight to see 6-7 shots after two periods of play. Unlike you Terry, we didn't get paid to watch this debacle and, unlike you Terry, all of us in the crowd would have pulled Quick after allowing a goal from center ice. Unlike us in the crowd, who were spot on in their booing, you are a genius who decided to leave your broken goalie in the game so he could let in a backhand that was almost as embarassing as the center-ice goal.

I have season seats; I've had them for ten years. I ****ing booed tonight and it was well deserved. I love this team but I'll be damned if I will stand up and cheer as Ryan Smyth makes another turnover.

Sorry we all weren't at the ****ing airport to welcome the team home after winning 4 games Terry, you piece of garbage. Maybe you haven't noticed, but winning 4 games in a row is kind of par for the course in the Western Conference so, before you start blowing yourself, you may want to look at the standings and see that you just lost ground on San Jose and got passed by Phoenix because you just got swept by a garbage team...at home...and were shutout.

In all my years of watching home games Terry, I've never been more disapointed with an effort. In all the games I've seen, I've never witnessed a team in a prime position to get points just completely **** the bed. That's what is most upsetting.

Attack the fans after being dominated by a garbage team? We weren't the ones with sticks and skates on tonight, yet we are the first problem that needs to be addressed?

This clown can't leave town quick enough. Unfortunately for my ticket rep and anyone else I can talk to tomorrow, they are getting an earful on behalf of Terry and his ********.

I agree that TM should only look in the mirror if he wants to be embarrassed. But I can't see how booing the team is going to do anything positive. Especially when we were only down two goals at the time. That was bush league to me.

I have seen that has been in a prime position to get points **** the bed like we did tonight and I agree that it is upsetting but I simply don't agree with booing the team before the end of the game ever. I also can't see how doing so is supposed to do anything but make them suck even worse.

It is a fair point you make though on how many home games they have played like they did tonight. I remember the Wings, what other game besides tonight did they play so poorly in the second half of the season? I honestly can't remember and am not being contrite.

Closed Thread