HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Parise to Ottawa

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-17-2011, 12:08 PM
  #101
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666
 
internetdotcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Capital O
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,885
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
You do know Parise puts up more points in defensive system with minimal talent around him right? Whereas Spezza has put up less points with superstars (Heatley, Alfredsson, Hossa) in a do-what-you-feel-like doing offense.

Parise's 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th highest goal scoring seasons are higher than Spezza's 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th highest respectively. More game winners on a yearly basis as he's a more clutch player. Not to mention he's sitting somewhere between 8th and 13th in the Selke voting on a yearly basis. Blocks more shots, hits more guys. Better defensively by a mile. Fewer penalties taken too.

But yeah, Spezza's better for sure.
Are you kidding me? Clearly you haven't watched the Sens and/or just plain know nothing about them. Under Hartsburg, they had a ridiculous system where defense was the 1st through the 5th priority, they had no breakout strategy, and offense was an afterthought. Under Clouston, there is no real offensive structure, and he refuses to keep any single line together for more than a few consecutive shifts, making it impossible for any chemistry or rhythm between players to develop.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 12:15 PM
  #102
swiftwin
#lalala
 
swiftwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,112
vCash: 500
LOL! The Devils fans in this thread are hilarious.

Parise is only worth marginally more than Karlsson. Karlsson is one of the most, if not the most dynamic gifted young offensive D-men out there.

And im a Parise fan.

swiftwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 12:20 PM
  #103
swiftwin
#lalala
 
swiftwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
You do know Parise puts up more points in defensive system with minimal talent around him right? Whereas Spezza has put up less points with superstars (Heatley, Alfredsson, Hossa) in a do-what-you-feel-like doing offense.

Parise's 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th highest goal scoring seasons are higher than Spezza's 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th highest respectively. More game winners on a yearly basis as he's a more clutch player. Not to mention he's sitting somewhere between 8th and 13th in the Selke voting on a yearly basis. Blocks more shots, hits more guys. Better defensively by a mile. Fewer penalties taken too.

But yeah, Spezza's better for sure.
WOW, you're comparing goals scored between a playmaking center and a goal-scoring winger.

/facepalm x100

Is Parise also better than H. Sedin, because Sedin never had a 30-goal season?

ps. I think its hard to compare Spezza and Parise, its like apples and oranges. but overall, I think Parise and Spezza are roughly equal.

swiftwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 12:22 PM
  #104
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,939
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftwin View Post
Parise is only worth marginally more than Karlsson. Karlsson is one of the most, if not the most dynamic gifted young offensive D-men out there.
that's really retarded, sorry. Looks like you got carried away m8 because you had a case w/ Spezza + Parise comments but this is just a brutal evaluation


Last edited by GM17*: 03-17-2011 at 12:34 PM.
GM17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 12:33 PM
  #105
Loso
Registered User
 
Loso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
I stopped taking this seriously when I saw someone say that Karlsson is a franchise player....

He may become one some day, but there are very few franchise defensemen out there, and way less players that project to become them.

When Karlsson can put up better numbers than he has this season with consistency, then maybe he'll be at Parise's level.

Loso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 12:52 PM
  #106
swiftwin
#lalala
 
swiftwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post
that's really retarded, sorry. Looks like you got carried away m8 because you had a case w/ Spezza + Parise comments but this is just a brutal evaluation
Clearly you haven't been following Karlsson. Its to the point where a couple sens fans on the sens board argue that Karlsson is the better offensive player than Spezza, despite being a defenseman, and 7 years younger. He leads the team in points right now.

Pierre McGuire had this to say about him last week:
Quote:
I think he's going to be like Sergei Zubov and that's a very high compliment. Won 2 Stanley Cups and led the 94 Rangers in scoring. 10 shots on goal that kid had, that's something else, you can see it. He's gotta learn to pivot, he's gotta learn 1 on 1 play, and he's gotta learn to take away space in the neutral zone. After that, he'll be all world...one of the best defensemen in the league
I know its McGuire, but he's not the only one out there who's high on him.

Obviously, Spezza is the better offensive player, but Karlsson is not far behind, and is only 20yrs old, and a defenseman. Karlsson is as valuable to the sens as Spezza, if not more.

So you say that an argument could be made that Spezza may be similar to Parise, but not Karlsson despite the fact that most sens fans vaule Karlsson as much, if not more than Spezza?

swiftwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 01:10 PM
  #107
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,939
vCash: 500
No because the argument that Karlsson's value is anywhere near Spezza's is garbage too

Who would fetch more in a REAL trade?

Answer: Spezza or Parise.

Between Spezza and Parise?

Answer: Parise still but at least it's SOMEWHERE ballpark. Not some delusional fantasy idea that came about because somebody thinks he COULD become a decent dman.

GM17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 01:25 PM
  #108
swiftwin
#lalala
 
swiftwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post
No because the argument that Karlsson's value is anywhere near Spezza's is garbage too

Who would fetch more in a REAL trade?

Answer: Spezza or Parise.

Between Spezza and Parise?

Answer: Parise still but at least it's SOMEWHERE ballpark. Not some delusional fantasy idea that came about because somebody thinks he COULD become a decent dman.
Could become? Karlsson already is a great d-man, and easily the team's #1. He's only slightly behind (12 seconds) Gonchar in TOI for the team lead. He also leads the team in points, game winning goals, and shots on goal.

He may not be considered a franchise d-man today, but which d-man is at 20yrs old? He doesn't have far to go to be considered one.

As far as trade value goes, Parise>Karlsson>Spezza. but only by small margins, as all 3 are in the same ballpark.

swiftwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 12:00 AM
  #109
me2
Seahawks 43
 
me2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Broncos 8
Country: Wallis & Futuna
Posts: 19,349
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamosko99 View Post
NJD probably won't buy into that offer.

Maybe

OTT 1st
Karlsson
Foligno or one of those other guys you mentioned.
Not sure why Ottawa would do this. They aren't going to compete next year.

Top 3 overall pick (or somewhere in the top 10 next year), Karlsson, Foligno and $5-6m worth of capspace. $5-6m can get you a good player or 2-5 upgrades through the whole of a line up.

me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 02:16 AM
  #110
swiftwin
#lalala
 
swiftwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by me2 View Post
Not sure why Ottawa would do this. They aren't going to compete next year.

Top 3 overall pick (or somewhere in the top 10 next year), Karlsson, Foligno and $5-6m worth of capspace. $5-6m can get you a good player or 2-5 upgrades through the whole of a line up.
Seriousely, Ottawa does not touch this with a 60 foot pole

swiftwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.