HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bryzgalov

Old
03-17-2011, 03:13 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

vCash: 500
Lots of people seem to think he'll sign with he leafs. I think that's ridiculous to assume. Remember who the GM was when he was in Anaheim when he played there and was the odd man out after Hiller and Gigeure? Yeah, it was Burke. So if I was Ilya and Burke cam knocking, I'd say, remember when Gigeure was better than me? What's changed buddy? And not sign in Toronto.

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 03:39 PM
Megan Fox
ლ(◉◞౪◟◉ )ლ

After Phoenix, you'd think Toronto would have the inside track on Bryzgalov. Burke did do him a huge favor by waiving him so he could get more playing time.

Megan Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 04:09 PM
Stump

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrForever View Post
Lots of people seem to think he'll sign with he leafs. I think that's ridiculous to assume. Remember who the GM was when he was in Anaheim when he played there and was the odd man out after Hiller and Gigeure? Yeah, it was Burke. So if I was Ilya and Burke cam knocking, I'd say, remember when Gigeure was better than me? What's changed buddy? And not sign in Toronto.
Exactly. He likely has more allegiance to Don Maloney than to Brian Burke.

Stump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 04:52 PM
Buddio
CFC

vCash: 900
Quote:

You're so ignorant it's hilarious. Burke had promised Illya to give him playing time, promised. Whether it was on the Ducks, or if it was to a diffrent team, he had gave him his word that he would play this season.

Burke shopped him around the league to diffrent teams trying to find a home for him, but no one was interested in trading for him. So Burke, even though he could not find any sort of return for him, stuck to his word and placed him on waivers, so he could have a legit shot at a #1 job.

Buddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 05:00 PM
Ovechniak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddio View Post

You're so ignorant it's hilarious. Burke had promised Illya to give him playing time, promised. Whether it was on the Ducks, or if it was to a diffrent team, he had gave him his word that he would play this season.

Burke shopped him around the league to diffrent teams trying to find a home for him, but no one was interested in trading for him. So Burke, even though he could not find any sort of return for him, stuck to his word and placed him on waivers, so he could have a legit shot at a #1 job.
Thats alright but why would any UFA in their 30's seeking a cup come to Toronto? You won't be making the playoffs for anther 2-3 years if Bryzgalov does leave its to a team like Washington,Tampa etc. Btw even though you keep telling your selfs a #1 center can get you in Brad Richards wont be going there either.

Ovechniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 05:04 PM
Buddio
CFC

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechniak View Post
Thats alright but why would any UFA in their 30's seeking a cup come to Toronto? You won't be making the playoffs for anther 2-3 years if Bryzgalov does leave its to a team like Washington,Tampa etc. Btw even though you keep telling your selfs a #1 center can get you in Brad Richards wont be going there either.
Err......I don't recall saying that Bryz will sign with Toronto, or that Richards will either.

I'm just calling out the other poster, 'cause he clearly dosen't know what he is talking about.

Buddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 05:06 PM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhark Attack View Post
hasn't Bryzgalov gone on record saying he wants to be a coyote for the rest of his career? i think he definitely re-signs there.

"Definitely" is a strong word and a bit of a stretch. Phoenix like Dallas has obvious financial problems, how is the NHL owned team going to afford to keep him on a strict budget? I say Burke goes after him hard.

Stats01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 05:06 PM
Ovechniak

Not saying its you specifically just Toronto fans seem to think that.

Old
03-17-2011, 05:09 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 9000
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Not that I at all believe that Bryzgalov would sign in Toronto, but when he was waived it was only after Burke had done Ilya a huge favor in shopping him around in an effort to get him playing time, and when there were no trade options available, he was waived. Burke did him a favor and acquiesced to Ily'a request.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 05:11 PM
Woll Smoth

vCash: 1205
Quote:
What does Brad Richards have to do with Bryz?

Thats like me saying "Keep telling yourself you'll have a team next year"

But I won't say "Keep telling yourself you'll have a team next year" because it has nothing to do with this topic

That would be more suited for a Winnipeg Jets thread.

Woll Smoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 05:15 PM
Ovechniak

Brad Richards was just an example of anther UFA in his 30's wanting to win a cup as does Ilya.

You know what if even we do Relocate im still a Yotes fan, ill keep following this team wherever it goes and support it.

Old
03-17-2011, 05:19 PM
Woll Smoth

Quote:
Brad Richards was just an example of anther UFA in his 30's wanting to win a cup as does Ilya.

You know what if even we do Relocate im still a Yotes fan, ill keep following this team wherever it goes and support it.
Not saying its you specifically just Phoenix fans seem to think that.

Old
03-17-2011, 05:20 PM
Ovechniak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woll Smoth View Post
Not saying its you specifically just Phoenix fans seem to think that.
You quoted me sir.

Also according to you what do our 5 fans seem to think?

Old
03-17-2011, 05:27 PM
Woll Smoth

Quote:
You quoted me sir.

Also according to you what do our 5 fans seem to think?
No idea

I think most teams would offer around 5M

Maybe a team will go crazy and offer 6M if they really want him though.

Maybe Burke will let Fletcher handle a signing this summer and the Leafs end up with LaBarbera at 4.5mil for 4 years instead.

Old
03-17-2011, 05:29 PM
Ovechniak

Well if he does leave he can make any team with competent D-man playoff bound this guy just steals so many games for you.

Old
03-18-2011, 04:34 AM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
"Definitely" is a strong word and a bit of a stretch. Phoenix like Dallas has obvious financial problems, how is the NHL owned team going to afford to keep him on a strict budget? I say Burke goes after him hard.
If a local sale that keeps the team in PHX is completed before July 1 of this year, Bryz re-signs in PHX. If not, he hits the open market. Period.

And at that point I think he'd consider any legitimate contender that guarantees him the #1 spot and pays him $6M or more for a minimum of 5 years. No reason for him not to set the bar high. He'll be 31 when he signs his contract. This is his shot at a BIG payday, and a Cup run.

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 05:58 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
nobody is assuming anything but the possibilty cannot be entirely disregarded either.

Oh and at the time Giggy WAS better then briz seeing as Jiggy went to 2 cup finals winning a cup and a playoff MVP.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 05:59 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
nobody is assuming anything but the possibilty cannot be entirely disregarded either.

Oh and at the time Giggy WAS better then briz seeing as Jiggy went to 2 cup finals winning a cup and a playoff MVP.
All Giggy now is is a "was". Not much else.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 06:06 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
All Giggy now is is a "was". Not much else.
pretty much yep, he even costs us games vs teams like the panthers. Unless Reimer, Gus and Scrivens all go down though that was his last game as a leaf IMO.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is online now   Reply With Quote