HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Titans\Vols\Dores\Whatever other sport thread(IT ALL GOES HERE)

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2011, 07:15 PM
Nitrous Mafia

vCash: 500
lol @ somebody backing VY.

Old
02-02-2011, 11:28 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Congrats to FRA/USN/CPA, who won the Henry Hines Cup tonight 4-3 in overtime. It was quite the game.

Old
02-03-2011, 02:52 AM
melfunction

Is there a box lacrosse team in Nashville? I went to my first game last weekend, and found it to be a really, really enjoyable spectator sport. Impressive stick-handling, fast paced game, surprisingly violent, haha (cross checking is a normal game play, not a penalty, so sticks are regularly used as weapons). Very easy to pick up on the rules if you know hockey.

Anyway, I was just curious .. I noticed there's no Nashville team in the NLL but wondering if the Universities and Colleges have teams or if any of you play it?

Old
02-03-2011, 03:17 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Congrats to FRA/USN/CPA, who won the Henry Hines Cup tonight 4-3 in overtime. It was quite the game.
oh would you stop being a weirdo and take a little credit for your accomplishments? I am your older brother let me gloat a moment...it's rare moment a I get to proud of anything you have done! (joking)

Congrats gopreds9 on a great victory and a state championship! Well deserved.

And yes I taught him everything he knows HAHA

Last edited by Roman Yoshi: 02-03-2011 at 03:24 AM.
Old
02-03-2011, 04:11 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
I didn't know he played in the game....I thought it was just a 'FYI, if you're interested in going to the game' thing!

Congratulations gopreds!!!

Old
02-03-2011, 04:32 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by melfunction View Post
Is there a box lacrosse team in Nashville? I went to my first game last weekend, and found it to be a really, really enjoyable spectator sport. Impressive stick-handling, fast paced game, surprisingly violent, haha (cross checking is a normal game play, not a penalty, so sticks are regularly used as weapons). Very easy to pick up on the rules if you know hockey.

Anyway, I was just curious .. I noticed there's no Nashville team in the NLL but wondering if the Universities and Colleges have teams or if any of you play it?
I used to play lax (I use the word "play" loosely, since the team at Western KY was highly disorganized while I was there) and have been trying to find a place to play in east Tennessee, but the closest I've come is an old Buick.

The city has been short-listed for an MLL (field) team, but I don't know about NLL. With Rochester struggling like they are (can't believe the Evans trade had that much of an adverse affect), they could be looking for a new home soon. I doubt we'd be a real target for them, though.

Personally, I prefer field to box, mostly because of the atmosphere the teams try to create. The canned music during play and obnoxious PA guys really just drive me up a wall.

Old
02-03-2011, 07:52 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
I think they should award the worst team in the state the Hope Hines Cup, and make it out of aged Limburger for authenticity.

Old
02-03-2011, 09:35 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
oh would you stop being a weirdo and take a little credit for your accomplishments? I am your older brother let me gloat a moment...it's rare moment a I get to proud of anything you have done! (joking)

Congrats gopreds9 on a great victory and a state championship! Well deserved.

And yes I taught him everything he knows HAHA
Well, now that my cover is blown, thank you. It was quite the game, and I won't forget it for a long time.

Old
02-03-2011, 11:37 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Well, now that my cover is blown, thank you. It was quite the game, and I won't forget it for a long time.
Yes cover blown.

Congrats on the win. You had a whole house full of college kids freaking out LOL

Old
02-08-2011, 05:22 AM
OpenWheel

So, I notice a lot of excitement about Munchak.

Old
02-08-2011, 07:51 AM
Legionnaire11

I think it was just so expected that it feels like old news, so nobody is excited enough to talk about it.

But it looks like a good move right now, I have a feeling that Williams would have been the guy though if he hadn't declined to interview. It's a multi-year deal too, Titans won't say how many, but that's at least two which is more than the one year that they could have offered with Fisher when they are hiring to replace the 5-6 assistants who are gone.

Old
03-17-2011, 03:48 PM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
US Soccer Team Sets Roster for LP Field Match

Old
03-17-2011, 06:43 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

And every Bracket in Nashville dies quickly

Old
03-17-2011, 08:01 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
that truly warms the subcockles of my heart

Old
03-18-2011, 03:00 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

so does Pearl get canned after today's embarrassment?

Old
03-18-2011, 03:08 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

I see people still pay attention to basketball. Interesting.

Old
03-19-2011, 03:03 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 115
Is anyone following the NFL lockout?

Sounds a lot nastier than ours was....

Wonder if they have the stones to cancel a whole year or if they will go with replacements again...

Old
03-19-2011, 03:11 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

My UK cats keep on going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
03-19-2011, 03:45 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post

Wonder if they have the stones to cancel a whole year or if they will go with replacements again...
I'm ... I'm kind of hoping the season is cancelled, just to see how the public reacts ... omg ... I can't sit at home & watch 9 minutes of action played out over 3+ hours of pomp & circumstance

Old
03-19-2011, 03:49 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post

They can't under law go with replacements because it's not a strike. Also the NFL is nothing compared to the hate coming from the NBA. They WILL lose a season.

Simple rule i learned in life. Vile and vitrole, screaming and yelling is still a conversation. Saying nothing is the real danger.

Old
03-19-2011, 04:07 PM
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
I'm ... I'm kind of hoping the season is cancelled, just to see how the public reacts ... omg ... I can't sit at home & watch 9 minutes of action played out over 3+ hours of pomp & circumstance

I'm 100% hoping for a lockout. I hate the NFL and it will help out hockey.

Old
03-19-2011, 04:40 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

I love football and hockey. Those are my sports. However I've developed the opinion over the past year or so that the NFL needs an ego check. A b**ch slap if you will. This may very well be it.

If the season is canceled the Predators will benefit, football junkies will complain, and when it's all over the Titans will be welcomed back with a fury.

Old
03-19-2011, 05:07 PM
predfan24

Obviously I think a lockout will help the Preds with regards to attendance and converting a few football fans that never gave hockey a chance.

I would bet however that in our local media the Preds still would get minimal coverage and no respect. It's almost unfathomable when I listen to 104.5, either the 3 hour lunch or Plaster's show, how little coverage the Preds get. I am a fan of both these shows but there is no excuse for never mentioning one of only two Pro teams in Nashville. I get so frustrated when I listen to Plaster's show and he goes on and on about things that aren't even relevant to Nashville. Baseball, college football out of state programs, ditto for basketball, Titans when the season is over, Belmont, Vandy, basically anything that doesn't involve the Preds. The media in Nashville is a bunch of old guard guys and the Preds will never get the respect they deserve from the media until these guys are gone because there not changing their ways.

I loved Thom Abraham when 106.7 was still a sports station. He had a good balance. He realized you have to discuss all range of relevant topics in sports but he actually gave the Preds the coverage they deserved every single day. The only time Plaster has ever given the Preds the time of day is when he decided to boost his own ego further and appoint himself the savior of the Pred. ( I really do believe he feels this way)

(Rant off)

Old
03-19-2011, 06:07 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Obviously I think a lockout will help the Preds with regards to attendance and converting a few football fans that never gave hockey a chance.

I would bet however that in our local media the Preds still would get minimal coverage and no respect. It's almost unfathomable when I listen to 104.5, either the 3 hour lunch or Plaster's show, how little coverage the Preds get. I am a fan of both these shows but there is no excuse for never mentioning one of only two Pro teams in Nashville. I get so frustrated when I listen to Plaster's show and he goes on and on about things that aren't even relevant to Nashville. Baseball, college football out of state programs, ditto for basketball, Titans when the season is over, Belmont, Vandy, basically anything that doesn't involve the Preds. The media in Nashville is a bunch of old guard guys and the Preds will never get the respect they deserve from the media until these guys are gone because there not changing their ways.

I loved Thom Abraham when 106.7 was still a sports station. He had a good balance. He realized you have to discuss all range of relevant topics in sports but he actually gave the Preds the coverage they deserved every single day. The only time Plaster has ever given the Preds the time of day is when he decided to boost his own ego further and appoint himself the savior of the Pred. ( I really do believe he feels this way)

(Rant off)
you do realize that Abraham is still on the radio, right ? ... albeit it is AM radio

Old
03-19-2011, 06:12 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
you do realize that Abraham is still on the radio, right ? ... albeit it is AM radio
I thought I had heard that but I wasn't sure. I highly doubt I could get him out here in Rutherford County. I know there is other sports station on AM but let's be honest 104.5 is the only relevant one in Middle TN.

Closed Thread