HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs beat Lightning 3-2 (SO)

Old
03-18-2011, 12:01 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Incredible how they all open their ****ing mouth when it's Habs related....Obviously, they are not afraid of any repercussion. For that reason alone, I hope we have a 4th line able to shut a couple of thouse mouths next year....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 12:01 PM
neofury*

People comparing it to Ribiero = a joke.

Secondly you're in a goalies crease, if you don't want to get slew footed as they call it, don't screen a goalie. It's not nearly as dirty as people are making it out to be. Vinny didn't even have to fall imo, he was reaching for a penalty. Then Subban for sure did slash him and all, but Vinny did it in a much more obvious vicious seeming way.

Like I said both players probably should've gotten 2-4 minutes each, equaling each other out.

But to say Subban just walked around slew footing Vinny imo gives the wrong impression. Vinny was standing in front of the crease trying to screen Price, Subban as a defender was doing his job to get under Vinny's skin. Did he slew foot him? Sure I guess, but it wasn't nearly as bad as people are making it out to be.

The slashes were the main issue here.

Any time a player is fighting another player positionally on the ice and one player falls now, it's a slew foot

That player should be responsible for his balance, there is no forward motion. It's not like Vinny was going for a breakaway or something, and if people think Vinny Lecavalier isn't strong enough to keep balance when a guy like Subban is on him, that's just crazy.

Last edited by neofury*: 03-18-2011 at 12:06 PM.
neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 12:04 PM
Capitano

The slashing was going both ways...didn't think Lecavalier should have been tossed.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 12:04 PM
Carbo N8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
I don't see it either.
Make that 3 of us.

He was bent over which typically brings the arms together and can make it appear like he was clutching an arm, but, he wasn't clutching an arm to sell anything afaic.

Carbo N8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 12:19 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Everybody knows PK is a hot-dog. But instead of wanting him to be perfect already, I'm conceding that he has to learn and will calm down in that aspect of the game. But I don't want him to lose his aggressiveness and his love for the game. If it comes with a little hating, so be it. But I agree that he should slow down of being THE most hated player of the league.

Yet, I'm not taking ANYTHING this NHL main board for granted. Just a bunch of Habs haters who as far as Subban is concerned, would love him if he wouldn't be playing for us. Some hates Subban already and they also hate us....imagine the end result of Subban WITH the Habs. Yet, those are the same who thought he'd never play in the NHL being so poor defensively, a report that existed 5 years ago. Same people who thought if he'd play, he'd be really average. Same people who now have to find a purpose in their hate and found one.....Until for some stupid reason, we trade him and then he become the GREATEST hockey player that has ever lived.
The day Philly grabs PK would be interesting indeed.

Madam Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 12:26 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Lecavalier did get slashed pretty hard and tripped in front of the net. I also thought the entire play could've been just 2 minutes to each and PK did embellish a little. I don't blame him for being angry.
According to what I heard from Dany Dubé, Vinnie started it by cross-checking Subban in the back to create more space for him to screen the goalie and be able to move freely.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 12:29 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
According to what I heard from Dany Dubé, Vinnie started it by cross-checking Subban in the back to create more space for him to screen the goalie and be able to move freely.
So in other words, a battle in front of the net.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 12:36 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
If you are interested in Vinny's side of the story:

Subby tried to slew-foot him twice in front of the net and slashed him twice on the wrist. He showed Tampa media two big red bruises on his wrists from Subban's slashes.

He says Subban milked it so a bigger penalty would be imposed on him and doesn't think he should have been thrown out of the game.
People make it sound like Subban escaped free on this. Subban did get a slashing call. The fact that Lecavalier's was way more blatant and dangerous is why he got 5 and Subban didn't.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 12:38 PM
sheed36

I see the Subban hate is back again on HF.. It died down for a little bit too but back in full force again now by jealous fans again.. It's ridiculous the amount of negative attention PK gets for normal everyday plays that are really non issues with other players..

Watching the replay of the Vinny slash in slow motion from behind the net you can see the bend in Vinny's stick when he made contact with PK.. PK might have embellished some but that was still a very hard slash..

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 12:41 PM
Gary320

I find it funny how some don't think two handing a guy is wrong, yet they look at what they think is embellishment.

I like PK, and I do think the guy needs to calm down sometimes, but really I don't see how PK is the bad guy in all this. It's just people hating on us because of what happend last week, guess we gotta get use to it.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 01:04 PM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

So he blames Subban? He have him an elbow first. Poor kid, he's a has been.

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 01:06 PM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
you have got to be the most biased ******** around to defend subban on this one.

i love the guy more than any other player on the roster but, he slewfooted vinny, slashed him, cross-checked him, THEN pretended to be hurt on the arm when he got slashed on the thigh.

it was a ******** ribeiro-type move and i didn't like it one bit.
Subban did NOT pretend to get hurt on the arm. He crossed his arms and grabbed his nuts because Vinny slashed down the front of P.K.'s hockey pants. That's why he could barely stand afterwards and rolled forward in pain with his arms crossed between his legs. His ****ing balls hurt more than the thigh even if Vinnie just glided his stick over the area while connecting the blade with his thigh that **** is going to hurt. Vinnie essentially whipped him.

Vinnie is a ******. There was a battle in front of the net. He was pissed and two-handed P.K. right in front of the ref. The ref was right there and he made the call. He called Vinnie for 5, and P.K. for 2. Get over it.

**** your Ribeiro comparison too.

MarkovsKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 01:33 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Everybody knows PK is a hot-dog. But instead of wanting him to be perfect already, I'm conceding that he has to learn and will calm down in that aspect of the game. But I don't want him to lose his aggressiveness and his love for the game. If it comes with a little hating, so be it. But I agree that he should slow down of being THE most hated player of the league.

Yet, I'm not taking ANYTHING this NHL main board for granted. Just a bunch of Habs haters who as far as Subban is concerned, would love him if he wouldn't be playing for us. Some hates Subban already and they also hate us....imagine the end result of Subban WITH the Habs. Yet, those are the same who thought he'd never play in the NHL being so poor defensively, a report that existed 5 years ago. Same people who thought if he'd play, he'd be really average. Same people who now have to find a purpose in their hate and found one.....Until for some stupid reason, we trade him and then he become the GREATEST hockey player that has ever lived.
gotta love the habs hate

MasterDecoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 01:38 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by CammerScores View Post
Subban did NOT pretend to get hurt on the arm. He crossed his arms and grabbed his nuts because Vinny slashed down the front of P.K.'s hockey pants. That's why he could barely stand afterwards and rolled forward in pain with his arms crossed between his legs. His ****ing balls hurt more than the thigh even if Vinnie just glided his stick over the area while connecting the blade with his thigh that **** is going to hurt. Vinnie essentially whipped him.

Vinnie is a ******. There was a battle in front of the net. He was pissed and two-handed P.K. right in front of the ref. The ref was right there and he made the call. He called Vinnie for 5, and P.K. for 2. Get over it.

**** your Ribeiro comparison too.

well, that's not how i saw it, maybe you're right, meh....

now ribs, he was a real *****

MasterDecoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 01:42 PM
Habit11

PK wasn't innocent in that whole battle, which is why he also got a 2min minor. He did a bit of a slew foot, it wasn't flagrant, but that's probably what really pissed of Lecavalier. That's not an excuse though, he can't wind up and two hand a guy. And LOL, at the people who say "well, he got him in the protection of the pants"... like they have any idea what a slash from a 6'4, 220lbs pro athlete would feel like. Players get injured beneath protection all the time because padding or plastic cups can only do so much.

Habit11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 01:46 PM
PricePkPatch

Please can someone remember me why we chose "Haters gotta hate" as this year's motto for the Habs fanbase?

It seems to be awfully appropriate...

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 01:53 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver View Post
Please can someone remember me why we chose "Haters gotta hate" as this year's motto for the Habs fanbase?

It seems to be awfully appropriate...
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...?urn=nhl-wp643

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...ontent=1947315

I love it.

Their tears sustain me.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 01:57 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Comparing Habs fans to Hooligans?! Do they even know what is hooliganism?!

SergeConstantin74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 02:03 PM
Jean Beliveau

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
I see the Subban hate is back again on HF.. It died down for a little bit too but back in full force again now by jealous fans again.. It's ridiculous the amount of negative attention PK gets for normal everyday plays that are really non issues with other players..

Watching the replay of the Vinny slash in slow motion from behind the net you can see the bend in Vinny's stick when he made contact with PK.. PK might have embellished some but that was still a very hard slash..
Let's not beat around the bush. The extra hate on for Subban is definitely related to him being of colour and confident to boot.

This seems to disturb the order of things for a lot of people.

I think there is an element of racim at play here.

Jean Beliveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 02:06 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Wyshynski
But mostly, their actions are viewed less as hooliganism and more as, for lack of a better term, buffoonery. Burning cop cars after a victory is stupid. Booing your starting goalie in a preseason game is stupid. Showing up in blackface is stupid. "Hate" isn't the emotion these actions evoke; it's more like disapproving befuddlement at their cultish behavior.
I think he unwittingly put the finger on it.

We have religious irrational behavior regarding the habs. Doesn't mean we are wrong by default, just that we often act irrational.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 02:19 PM
SonOfA BaseballCoach

MY notes from attending the game:
-Price is rock-solid
-Eller is playing with more confidence than I've ever seen from him before
-AK46 can really lay a hit. He is also producing consistent points lately, which I love to see from him
-Subban is simply amazing
-Dawes, nice goal in the shootouts.
-Cammy was invisible until the shootout
-Gomez is great defensively. Everyone hates on him due to his contract. Lay off guys
-And finally Cap'n Gio: While Tampa's captain was sitting in the corner with his dunce cap on, our captain was scoring his 25th of the season... short-handed.

SonOfA BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 02:24 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

I enjoyed the slew foots by PK on Vinny... and then the slashing of the wrist... he deserved the slash he got back on the HOCKEY PANTS.... what a actor he is to dive the way he did.

Fans are not jealous you have PK, I think TRUE hockey fans are upset that such a team like the Habs have such a player on their roster. You get all the info from the league, PK isn't liked b/c of the way he plays the game, lacking respect, the dirt plays, etc: - it's not b/c he is 'great'.

As a Flyers fan we hate some things that Carcillo has done, it's horrible. Don't be blind just b/c he is on your team. I'd put him on the Malkin dirt and Avery dirt that happens....hopefully PK will learn, b/c I can see him being injured by another player or Karma will get him.

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 02:26 PM
Istvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Beliveau View Post
Let's not beat around the bush. The extra hate on for Subban is definitely related to him being of colour and confident to boot.

This seems to disturb the order of things for a lot of people.

I think there is an element of racim at play here.
I think this has been obvious to many fans since day one. The Mike Richards stuff is fairly repulsive. I have a lot of respect for the way this young man is handling the thinly veiled racism. I have no respect for headhunter Richards pontificating about respect. But then maybe his judgement is clouded by the hypoxia created by the pointy white hat.

Istvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 02:28 PM
Habit11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
I enjoyed the slew foots by PK on Vinny... and then the slashing of the wrist... he deserved the slash he got back on the HOCKEY PANTS.... what a actor he is to dive the way he did.

Fans are not jealous you have PK, I think TRUE hockey fans are upset that such a team like the Habs have such a player on their roster. You get all the info from the league, PK isn't liked b/c of the way he plays the game, lacking respect, the dirt plays, etc: - it's not b/c he is 'great'.

As a Flyers fan we hate some things that Carcillo has done, it's horrible. Don't be blind just b/c he is on your team. I'd put him on the Malkin dirt and Avery dirt that happens....hopefully PK will learn, b/c I can see him being injured by another player or Karma will get him.
I love when people who have only seen a player play a couple of games, can tell people who have watched that player play EVERY game exactly who he is and how he plays. Last time I checked, aside from the freak accident with Staal, PK has not injured anybody with an illegal play.

Habit11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 02:31 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
I love when people who have only seen a player play a couple of games, can tell people who have watched that player play EVERY game exactly who he is and how he plays. Last time I checked, aside from the freak accident with Staal, PK has not injured anybody with an illegal play.
You assume that b/c I am a Flyers fan I don't watch other teams play... interesting....

Also, It's not about the injuries that have happened or not, it's HOW he plays the game. You don't WANT to see it or ADMIT it that PK is a dirt player. As I said before we have dirt on our team, its gross man/woman. HE slew footed and slash Vinny 2 times... he will do it to the wrong person in the future and end up messed b/c of it.

Last edited by LyricalLyricist: 03-18-2011 at 04:08 PM.
dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote