HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Klesla traded to Phoenix for Upshall and Lepisto

Old
03-17-2011, 09:13 PM
Robert
Foligno family

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Good enough that I could see Scott Howson offering him a contract. He's certainly looked better than Stralman, who definitely won't be back here next year.
Agree, but in the end, even with new winning blood in the like of Clitsome, Calvert, Upshall and perhaps Lepisto the team will never win anything without a bona-fide starting NHL goalie..

Mason might be good in time but the CBJ don't have the time to work out Mason's head problems, if Howson stands pat on this roster as he has done for two years the Jackets will fold. I'm telling ya Matthew, the season ticket sales are going to plummet to around 7,000 next season... book it.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 09:33 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Agree, but in the end, even with new winning blood in the like of Clitsome, Calvert, Upshall and perhaps Lepisto the team will never win anything without a bona-fide starting NHL goalie..

Mason might be good in time but the CBJ don't have the time to work out Mason's head problems, if Howson stands pat on this roster as he has done for two years the Jackets will fold. I'm telling ya Matthew, the season ticket sales are going to plummet to around 7,000 next season... book it.
That would only require a bit over 1,000 total season ticket packages lost after this year. Remembering that 10 and 20 game packages count towards this as well, I could see this happening.

I'm pretty sure they lost at least a similar if not more amount of Season ticket equivalent packages after last season.

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 09:43 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Russell, Lepisto, Clitsome cannot be 3 of your starting 6. At least not on a playoff caliber team. I'd move Russ asap after the season, then non-qualify Lepisto. Keep Clitter but tell him to work on defense over the summer.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 10:21 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Russell, Lepisto, Clitsome cannot be 3 of your starting 6. At least not on a playoff caliber team. I'd move Russ asap after the season, then non-qualify Lepisto. Keep Clitter but tell him to work on defense over the summer.
You know they're going to keep both Russell and Clitsome, right? Just saying, this is how things go around here...

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 08:53 AM
kshymkiw

Send a message via AIM to kshymkiw
Quote:
This. Unless Lepisto really turns it around these last dozen games.

kshymkiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 09:57 AM
blahblah

Quote:
It's kind of funny because Clitsome and Russell are our most productive pair and either even or plus players since the all-star break.

We know Clitsome needs some work, but he's also been in the league for 38 games. He's been making more mistakes recently, but we had to know it was coming at some point. He made that lazy pass in the last minute and he wasn't very good on that PP goal. But at the end of the day, we aren't going to win scoring zero goals. He hasn't been losing the SO's for us, and he's helped us win far more games then anything he has done has cost us.

I can't say I've been upset with Russell for a while now. Probably his best 30 game stretch as a Jacket by a mile.

Lepisto, there is some potential there. I don't think he's hurting the team right now and his minutes are slowly ramping up. I wouldn't mind qualifying him and let him fight for a spot in camp.

I won't be upset with whatever they decide to do with those guys, I'm more curious as to what the group will look like as a whole.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 10:00 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshymkiw View Post
This. Unless Lepisto really turns it around these last dozen games.
Meh. It's a small sample size. His 18-20 minutes a game has been neutral at worst. I'm not sure he has anything to "turn around". If he continues to slowly build on what he's been doing, I'll be fine.

Your boy Tyutin had a stretch at the beginning of the year that made him look like he should be run out of the league. So you, of all people, should understand that small sample sizes can be misleading. He coming into a new situation with a new system. I've been ok with what he's shown so far. Nothing I've seen makes me want to run him out of town.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 10:10 AM
kshymkiw

Send a message via AIM to kshymkiw
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Meh. It's a small sample size. His 18-20 minutes a game has been neutral at worst.
I agree. I like Lepisto - his defense does seem to leave something to be desired at times.

I do like how he steps up and is physical though.

kshymkiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 10:12 AM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
I can't say I've been upset with Russell for a while now. Probably his best 30 game stretch as a Jacket by a mile.
I felt that way last year, though. He was great under Noel, but fell off the map early this year and is just now turning it back on.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 10:52 AM
Lil Shake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
I felt that way last year, though. He was great under Noel, but fell off the map early this year and is just now turning it back on.
Clode might attribute that to his early season knee injury

Lil Shake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 11:11 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
Not to sound like Shelley #45 here, but he's been having great finishes every year he's been in the NHL. I don't know if it's an issue of conditioning or what, but I'm hoping that this doesn't become a regular thing.

And back on topic, I have no problems with Lepisto as a cheap #5 and 6 next year.

03-18-2011, 01:33 PM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
Lepisto was brought in to be Stralman's replacement at half the cost. Gotta feel he'll get qualified, otherwise we traded Klesla for nothing (I don't see Upshall signing here)

Jovavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 02:30 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyColdHrdina View Post
Lepisto was brought in to be Stralman's replacement at half the cost. Gotta feel he'll get qualified, otherwise we traded Klesla for nothing (I don't see Upshall signing here)
Good point. As much as I hate to say it, I think Hejda's time here is over. Methot had his moments, but has not been effective for some time. My biggest disappointment among the blue liners has been Tyutin. I really thought, he had a good chance to develop into a solid, two-way defenceman, this season. Watching him make mistake after mistake, last night, was extremely disheartening. There has to be a major influx of talent on the backend or next year will be just as maddening as this was.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 02:55 PM
Scottyb123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Not good the first few games but he's looking better every game... takes time to learn our system I guess. Is Klesla healthy?
He missed a few games after taking a puck between the eyes, but he's back now and he's looked quite solid for the most part. It's been great having him with Jovo out.

Scottyb123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 03:04 PM
hip check
Go North.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Good point. As much as I hate to say it, I think Hejda's time here is over. Methot had his moments, but has not been effective for some time. My biggest disappointment among the blue liners has been Tyutin. I really thought, he had a good chance to develop into a solid, two-way defenceman, this season. Watching him make mistake after mistake, last night, was extremely disheartening. There has to be a major influx of talent on the backend or next year will be just as maddening as this was.
I like Hejda as much as anyone, but I have a bad feeling that his best playing days are behind him. With his age and speed, I think any season he could drop off significantly especially if he experiences another injury like he did with his knee. Now might be the best time to part ways. If he does come back, hopefully his contract won't be too long and not too high that if his play drops off, it won't hurt too much to have to scratch him.

hip check is offline   Reply With Quote