HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Give me they guy you want at 16...

Closed Thread

Old
07-30-2005, 09:18 AM
303Joe

vCash: 500
Give me they guy you want at 16...

that has a realistic chance of being there. For me and the Isles at 15 heres my order. 1 Bourdon want him bad but think he'll be gone by then. 2 Bourret think he'll be there and want him. 3 Lee may be there Isles need D help. 4 Latendresses. We will see what the draft brings. Let me hear what you guys want at 16 Thanks.

Old
07-30-2005, 09:21 AM
Sunshine

Martin Hanzal.

Bourdon would be nice too.

I believe one of the two will be on the board at 16.

Old
07-30-2005, 09:27 AM
phishman3579

Send a message via ICQ to phishman3579 Send a message via AIM to phishman3579 Send a message via Yahoo to phishman3579
Sidney Crosby!!! I really have no idea what will be available at 16, only crap.

Old
07-30-2005, 09:47 AM
Leetchie

Send a message via AIM to Leetchie
Brian Lee
Jakub Kindl
TJ Hensick
I'd be okay with Luc Bourdon.

I also want to see us draft Juraj Mikus and Robby Dee, too.

Old
07-30-2005, 10:01 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Bourret
Mcardle
Zagrapan
Lee/Niskanen
Bergfors

Old
07-30-2005, 10:03 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetchie
Brian Lee
Jakub Kindl
TJ Hensick
I'd be okay with Luc Bourdon.

I also want to see us draft Juraj Mikus and Robby Dee, too.

We have this guy already in the system. His name is Ivan Baranka, understated & underrated.

Old
07-30-2005, 10:09 AM
DarthSather99

First Round
Skille
Bourret
Lee
Latendresse
Hanzal

Second Round
Mikus
Finley
Mihalik

Old
07-30-2005, 10:12 AM
Taz

Alext Bourret

Old
07-30-2005, 10:41 AM
Bacchus

Latendresse
Bergfors
McArdle
(in that order)

Old
07-30-2005, 10:45 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
We have this guy already in the system. His name is Ivan Baranka, understated & underrated.
Baranka doesn't have close to the two-way upside that Bourdon does. Not even close.

Baranka is a potential 5/6. Bourdon can be anywhere from a great #2 to a very solid #4 who will still contribute a lot offensively.

Old
07-30-2005, 10:52 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveille!
Baranka doesn't have close to the two-way upside that Bourdon does. Not even close.

Baranka is a potential 5/6. Bourdon can be anywhere from a great #2 to a very solid #4 who will still contribute a lot offensively.
You don't know Baranka's game. I've seen him play numerous times, albeit two seasons ago. He's the same player as Bourdon but he wasn't used that way by his junior coaches because he's so good defesively. When Baranka got PP oppurtunities he was effective, if he played in the "Q" he'd have had more points as well.

Plus he has smarts, which is not a word i'd use for Bourdon. Baranka is a shutdown D-man. He may not be a blatant bruiser, but he's without a doubt one of the best defensive prospects in the game.

Its funny, he even looks like Bourdon, check him out:

http://www.silvertips.com/roster/player.cfm?PlayerID=48

Old
07-30-2005, 10:54 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
You don't know Baranka's game. I've seen him play numerous times, albeit two seasons ago. He's the same player as Bourdon but he wasn't used that way by his junior coaches because he's so good defesively. When Baranka got PP oppurtunities he was effective, if he played in the "Q" he'd have had more points as well.

Plus he has smarts, which is not a word i'd use for Bourdon. Baranka is a shutdown D-man. He may not be a blatant bruiser, but he's without a doubt one of the best defensive prospects in the game.

Plus its funny, he even looks like Bourdon, check him out:

http://www.silvertips.com/roster/player.cfm?PlayerID=48
I've seen him play, too. I mean, the kid has talent and I think he'll be an NHLer in time. I just don't think he has the upside that Bourdon does. Bourdon has the talent to be a #1. I doubt he will ever MAKE that in the NHL, but he will probably top out as a 2/3. That's something that I doubt Baranka will be at this point. I see him as a steady defender for years on the blue-line, but not that high up in the depth chart.

I think you're the only one who really considers Baranka to be one of the best defense prospects in the game...

Old
07-30-2005, 10:59 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveille!
I've seen him play, too. I mean, the kid has talent and I think he'll be an NHLer in time. I just don't think he has the upside that Bourdon does. Bourdon has the talent to be a #1. I doubt he will ever MAKE that in the NHL, but he will probably top out as a 2/3. That's something that I doubt Baranka will be at this point. I see him as a steady defender for years on the blue-line, but not that high up in the depth chart.

I think you're the only one who really considers Baranka to be one of the best defense prospects in the game...
Yeah, ur right i may be the only one, but Baranka will eventually be a huge asset, gobbling up minutes on the blueline because in this NEW NHL you're gonna need the fast D-men with one-on-one skills, and that IS Baranka's game. Call it #3,4,5,7,8,9 D-man, thats just a label, the minutes will prove out in the end.

Don't believe too much about how great Bourdon is, still alot of maturing to be done, and his offence is nice but definitely overrated if ur just talking numbers.

Old
07-30-2005, 11:02 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Yeah, ur right i may be the only one, but Baranka will eventually be a huge asset, gobbling up minutes on the blueline because in this NEW NHL you're gonna need the fast D-men with one-on-one skills, and that IS Baranka's game. Call it #3,4,5,7,8,9 D-man, thats just a label, the minutes will prove out in the end.

Don't believe too much about how great Bourdon is, still alot of maturing to be done, and his offence is nice but definitely overrated if ur just talking numbers.
Bourdon is a great prospect. That's all that's been said, and it's pretty much a fact that he's one of the most solid prospects in the draft. Bourdon is a slick, slick 2-way defenseman. Super upside, but just a bit risky as to where he will actually end up. That's my take on him and has been for a while now.

Old
07-30-2005, 11:07 AM
BigE

Bourret
McArdle
Bourdon

Old
07-30-2005, 11:20 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

I want what I have wanted for the last five draft...big, play-making center with some toughness. Give me one of O'Marra, Stoa or Hanzal.

Old
07-30-2005, 06:15 PM
patnyrnyg

Marc Staal!!!!!!!!!

Old
07-31-2005, 06:16 PM
303Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Joe
that has a realistic chance of being there. For me and the Isles at 15 heres my order. 1 Bourdon want him bad but think he'll be gone by then. 2 Bourret think he'll be there and want him. 3 Lee may be there Isles need D help. 4 Latendresses. We will see what the draft brings. Let me hear what you guys want at 16 Thanks.
OK wound up with O'mara. No real compliant although I wanted Bourret everything i hear about O'mara is very good. Never saw either player play so I can only go by what I read. Hockey News had O'mara at 10, the fourth period had him at 8 and HF I belive had him at 16. Big kid at that will put on more weight and is suppose to be very good in all aspects of the game. Time will tell.

Old
07-31-2005, 06:28 PM
True Blue

I do not think that any of the NY/NJ teams can complain about their pick. Both the Rangers and the Isles got players who were slotted to go earlier. Lou came up with a good one for NJ as well.

Closed Thread