HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Give me they guy you want at 16...

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-30-2005, 09:18 AM
  #1
303Joe
Registered User
 
303Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,291
vCash: 500
Give me they guy you want at 16...

that has a realistic chance of being there. For me and the Isles at 15 heres my order. 1 Bourdon want him bad but think he'll be gone by then. 2 Bourret think he'll be there and want him. 3 Lee may be there Isles need D help. 4 Latendresses. We will see what the draft brings. Let me hear what you guys want at 16 Thanks.

303Joe is offline  
Old
07-30-2005, 09:21 AM
  #2
Sunshine
Registered User
 
Sunshine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 497
vCash: 500
Martin Hanzal.

Bourdon would be nice too.

I believe one of the two will be on the board at 16.

Sunshine is offline  
Old
07-30-2005, 09:27 AM
  #3
phishman3579
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Maple Shade, NJ
Posts: 880
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to phishman3579 Send a message via AIM to phishman3579 Send a message via Yahoo to phishman3579
Sidney Crosby!!! I really have no idea what will be available at 16, only crap.

phishman3579 is offline  
Old
07-30-2005, 09:47 AM
  #4
Leetchie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Hillsborough, NJ
Posts: 892
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Leetchie
Brian Lee
Jakub Kindl
TJ Hensick
I'd be okay with Luc Bourdon.

I also want to see us draft Juraj Mikus and Robby Dee, too.

Leetchie is offline  
Old
07-30-2005, 10:01 AM
  #5
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,728
vCash: 500
Bourret
Mcardle
Zagrapan
Lee/Niskanen
Bergfors

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
07-30-2005, 10:03 AM
  #6
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,728
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetchie
Brian Lee
Jakub Kindl
TJ Hensick
I'd be okay with Luc Bourdon.

I also want to see us draft Juraj Mikus and Robby Dee, too.

We have this guy already in the system. His name is Ivan Baranka, understated & underrated.

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
07-30-2005, 10:09 AM
  #7
DarthSather99
Registered User
 
DarthSather99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,261
vCash: 500
First Round
Skille
Bourret
Lee
Latendresse
Hanzal

Second Round
Mikus
Finley
Mihalik

DarthSather99 is offline  
Old
07-30-2005, 10:12 AM
  #8
Taz
Registered User
 
Taz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Letchworth
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,235
vCash: 500
Alext Bourret

Taz is offline  
Old
07-30-2005, 10:41 AM
  #9
Bacchus
Registered User
 
Bacchus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dickes B
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,444
vCash: 500
Latendresse
Bergfors
McArdle
(in that order)

Bacchus is offline  
Old
07-30-2005, 10:45 AM
  #10
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 73,590
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
We have this guy already in the system. His name is Ivan Baranka, understated & underrated.
Baranka doesn't have close to the two-way upside that Bourdon does. Not even close.

Baranka is a potential 5/6. Bourdon can be anywhere from a great #2 to a very solid #4 who will still contribute a lot offensively.

Bird Law is online now  
Old
07-30-2005, 10:52 AM
  #11
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,728
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveille!
Baranka doesn't have close to the two-way upside that Bourdon does. Not even close.

Baranka is a potential 5/6. Bourdon can be anywhere from a great #2 to a very solid #4 who will still contribute a lot offensively.
You don't know Baranka's game. I've seen him play numerous times, albeit two seasons ago. He's the same player as Bourdon but he wasn't used that way by his junior coaches because he's so good defesively. When Baranka got PP oppurtunities he was effective, if he played in the "Q" he'd have had more points as well.

Plus he has smarts, which is not a word i'd use for Bourdon. Baranka is a shutdown D-man. He may not be a blatant bruiser, but he's without a doubt one of the best defensive prospects in the game.

Its funny, he even looks like Bourdon, check him out:

http://www.silvertips.com/roster/player.cfm?PlayerID=48

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
07-30-2005, 10:54 AM
  #12
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 73,590
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
You don't know Baranka's game. I've seen him play numerous times, albeit two seasons ago. He's the same player as Bourdon but he wasn't used that way by his junior coaches because he's so good defesively. When Baranka got PP oppurtunities he was effective, if he played in the "Q" he'd have had more points as well.

Plus he has smarts, which is not a word i'd use for Bourdon. Baranka is a shutdown D-man. He may not be a blatant bruiser, but he's without a doubt one of the best defensive prospects in the game.

Plus its funny, he even looks like Bourdon, check him out:

http://www.silvertips.com/roster/player.cfm?PlayerID=48
I've seen him play, too. I mean, the kid has talent and I think he'll be an NHLer in time. I just don't think he has the upside that Bourdon does. Bourdon has the talent to be a #1. I doubt he will ever MAKE that in the NHL, but he will probably top out as a 2/3. That's something that I doubt Baranka will be at this point. I see him as a steady defender for years on the blue-line, but not that high up in the depth chart.

I think you're the only one who really considers Baranka to be one of the best defense prospects in the game...

Bird Law is online now  
Old
07-30-2005, 10:59 AM
  #13
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,728
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveille!
I've seen him play, too. I mean, the kid has talent and I think he'll be an NHLer in time. I just don't think he has the upside that Bourdon does. Bourdon has the talent to be a #1. I doubt he will ever MAKE that in the NHL, but he will probably top out as a 2/3. That's something that I doubt Baranka will be at this point. I see him as a steady defender for years on the blue-line, but not that high up in the depth chart.

I think you're the only one who really considers Baranka to be one of the best defense prospects in the game...
Yeah, ur right i may be the only one, but Baranka will eventually be a huge asset, gobbling up minutes on the blueline because in this NEW NHL you're gonna need the fast D-men with one-on-one skills, and that IS Baranka's game. Call it #3,4,5,7,8,9 D-man, thats just a label, the minutes will prove out in the end.

Don't believe too much about how great Bourdon is, still alot of maturing to be done, and his offence is nice but definitely overrated if ur just talking numbers.

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
07-30-2005, 11:02 AM
  #14
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 73,590
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Yeah, ur right i may be the only one, but Baranka will eventually be a huge asset, gobbling up minutes on the blueline because in this NEW NHL you're gonna need the fast D-men with one-on-one skills, and that IS Baranka's game. Call it #3,4,5,7,8,9 D-man, thats just a label, the minutes will prove out in the end.

Don't believe too much about how great Bourdon is, still alot of maturing to be done, and his offence is nice but definitely overrated if ur just talking numbers.
Bourdon is a great prospect. That's all that's been said, and it's pretty much a fact that he's one of the most solid prospects in the draft. Bourdon is a slick, slick 2-way defenseman. Super upside, but just a bit risky as to where he will actually end up. That's my take on him and has been for a while now.

Bird Law is online now  
Old
07-30-2005, 11:07 AM
  #15
BigE
Registered User
 
BigE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: San Francisco, CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,476
vCash: 500
Bourret
McArdle
Bourdon

BigE is offline  
Old
07-30-2005, 11:20 AM
  #16
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,168
vCash: 500
I want what I have wanted for the last five draft...big, play-making center with some toughness. Give me one of O'Marra, Stoa or Hanzal.

jas is online now  
Old
07-30-2005, 06:15 PM
  #17
patnyrnyg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,704
vCash: 500
Marc Staal!!!!!!!!!

patnyrnyg is offline  
Old
07-31-2005, 06:16 PM
  #18
303Joe
Registered User
 
303Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Joe
that has a realistic chance of being there. For me and the Isles at 15 heres my order. 1 Bourdon want him bad but think he'll be gone by then. 2 Bourret think he'll be there and want him. 3 Lee may be there Isles need D help. 4 Latendresses. We will see what the draft brings. Let me hear what you guys want at 16 Thanks.
OK wound up with O'mara. No real compliant although I wanted Bourret everything i hear about O'mara is very good. Never saw either player play so I can only go by what I read. Hockey News had O'mara at 10, the fourth period had him at 8 and HF I belive had him at 16. Big kid at that will put on more weight and is suppose to be very good in all aspects of the game. Time will tell.

303Joe is offline  
Old
07-31-2005, 06:28 PM
  #19
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,056
vCash: 500
I do not think that any of the NY/NJ teams can complain about their pick. Both the Rangers and the Isles got players who were slotted to go earlier. Lou came up with a good one for NJ as well.

True Blue is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.