HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings 2010-11 AHL Monarchs and ECHL Reign, Prospect Update Thread II

Old
03-15-2011, 02:55 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkempy View Post
I am not pretending to be any kind of expert. And I do not have blind faith in Morris. I was just happy to hear him say the same thing as I felt. Most people think Voynov is great and should be in LA, I just don't see it. I am not saying they all could not have a few games up there but I don't think any are ready for the NHL fulltime.
I know Muzzin did well up there (and here last year) but I have not seen it here this season, though he has been better the last couple of games. Hickey on the other hand has been pretty much terrible all year. He gave me a lot of hope in the few games he played last year but has been disappointing this season. Like I said I am no expert, just saying what I see in my own eyes which doesn't count for much of anything!
Don't sell yourself short KK, I value your opinion and regard your input highly.

I think that the only hang up between our assessments is that I wasn't clear enough in stating that my opinion is that they are all ready to start being brought into their NHL careers. I know I outlined it better in my second posting but that is on me for not being clearer in my initial posting.

I think that Muzzin is struggling with having to spend time on the farm which to me says that he needs more time to mature but I also contend that he is ready to brought along as a 7th dman and that he in short time would be an upgrade over Davis D who I hold in high regard for what he brings to the table.

Hickey from what I have seen is still in tantrum mode as well. I was at a Monarch game earlier this season with an agent friend and a pro scout. We were there just watching the game and for no particular reason.

I was asked what I thought about a few of our players and in turn I asked them what they thought/saw. One of them said that they saw the same thing that I did regarding Hickey and that is that he has all of the skill and ability including skating and timing, positional play to where he could make it in the NHL sooner rather than later.

To me, we haven't any reason today to throw any of the kids to the wolves so I think that its time to start giving them each in order of effort/ability their call ups to see where they are in regards to being ready for the big league.

Call up. then a handful of games and then if they are ready you either make room for them on the team and bring them up for good or send em down and find a good trading partner.

That's how it has worked for other teams so it should do good for us.

Thanks for the response Kkempy.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 01:34 AM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Right wing Oscar Moller leads the Monarchs to a 4-2 victory
http://kings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=556348

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 09:30 AM
Fat Elvis

Hickey with a fight.

Monarchs now have 4 guys with 20+ goals(Holloway, Moller, King, Kozun) with another couple at 17(Azevedo, Elkins). Much more scoring than last season.

Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 09:53 AM
kkempy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
Hickey with a fight.

Monarchs now have 4 guys with 20+ goals(Holloway, Moller, King, Kozun) with another couple at 17(Azevedo, Elkins). Much more scoring than last season.
Nolan wanted to fight Kubilik earlier but he ran away, he had no problem going after a little guy. Not much of a fight, Hickey is obviously not a fighter.

King, Kozun, and Moller all scored their 21st goals, Moller went on to get his 22. It is nice to see balanced scoring. The two games before we had goals from unusal suspects, Johnson, Zeiler (3), Muzzin (2). Nolan and Hill!

kkempy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 10:07 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Kkempy,

How come Zatkoff is getting most of the starts now? Is Martin Jones not looking as good as he was earlier in the season?

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 11:32 AM
ZJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
Hickey with a fight.

the monarchs as a whole are in the top 5 as far as GPG. And thats without Loktionov. That bodes well for the Kings future(depending on which current monarchs are able to make it to the big show)

ZJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 12:29 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Zatkoff has been hot lately, hope he hits that 20 win mark

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 12:49 PM
Chruceg

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Kkempy,

How come Zatkoff is getting most of the starts now? Is Martin Jones not looking as good as he was earlier in the season?
I think it's good that Zatkoff is getting more starts now. Jones' numbers have been dropping off some and Zatkoff's have been picking up. The Kings are finally a team that takes time to develop players correctly. Let Zatkoff and Jones fight for another year I say. We'll have a lot more answers about who the number one goaltender in LA is by then.

Chruceg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 05:36 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I agree, Jones looks really solid but he needs another year.

Zat's is an enigma to me at this point. I have seen him have good starts and bad ones where he looks totally different.

Old
03-18-2011, 08:47 AM
kkempy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Kkempy,

This link to today's article in the Union Leader sheds a little light on the subject. Zats has played very well in his last few games but he has not proven to me that he can keep it up. Earlier in the year he would play a great game or two and then have a real clunker. Jones has not been as sharp as he was early on but as pointed out he will get a start this weekend, so we shall see.

http://www.unionleader.com/article.a...4-8025037a17ab

Old
03-18-2011, 10:27 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
This link to today's article in the Union Leader sheds a little light on the subject. Zats has played very well in his last few games but he has not proven to me that he can keep it up. Earlier in the year he would play a great game or two and then have a real clunker. Jones has not been as sharp as he was early on but as pointed out he will get a start this weekend, so we shall see.

http://www.unionleader.com/article.a...4-8025037a17ab
Could it be a matter of Zatkoff still adjusting to the pro hockey schedule? I know this is his third pro season but the ECHL is closer to a NCAA schedule. I mean he was very good in limited stretches last year when he was the backup to Bernier and has really only struggled when he plays a number of games in a row. College is mostly a weekend only league and it seems Zatkoff is having trouble adapting to being a number one pro... Just a thought really.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 12:30 PM
TKFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Could it be a matter of Zatkoff still adjusting to the pro hockey schedule? I know this is his third pro season but the ECHL is closer to a NCAA schedule. I mean he was very good in limited stretches last year when he was the backup to Bernier and has really only struggled when he plays a number of games in a row. College is mostly a weekend only league and it seems Zatkoff is having trouble adapting to being a number one pro... Just a thought really.
Not sure about Zatkoff, he got off to a really rocky start right from game one this season, but right now he seems to have found his mark. Thank goodness for that as Jones has been off his game a number of times since he returned from the All Star break. I'm kind of thinking that Jones may be tired as who would have thought he would have been the go to goalie in Manchester for much of the season.

TKFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 05:19 PM
Charge_Seven

Hey guys, just curious, what's going on with Thomas Hickey's development?

He was obviously injured for most of last season, has that effected his play much this season? Do you see him stepping up to the NHL next season?

Anyone have any more inforrmation than I can get looking at his stats? lol

Charge_Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 07:19 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

END of 2nd 0-0 ... Monarchs & Whale

Old
03-18-2011, 08:00 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Whale up 1-0 late in the third.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 08:09 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Monarchs lose 1-0...Booooo!!!

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 08:22 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post

I don't like your post ... I thought it lacked effort ... BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!

BTW ... Richard Clune is out Hurt, so don't expect him to get a call up to replace Clifford ... maybe we'll get Zeiler again though

Last edited by Puck U: 03-18-2011 at 10:33 PM.
Old
03-18-2011, 08:25 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
I don't like your post ... I thought it lacked effort ... BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!
Nuh uh

I don't like YOUR poboooooooooooooooooooooo BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

YEAY Boooooooooooooo YEAY

Old
03-19-2011, 08:17 AM
kkempy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post

They were outplayed all night. Zats played a great game and kept them in it, they had a chance to win if they could score. Bottom line you don't score you don't win!

Old
03-19-2011, 07:55 PM
Shellz

Monarchs up 1 - 0 over the Sound Tigers after 2 periods. Goal by Holloway. Jones in net.

David Kolomatis is done for the night. He got a major for cross checking and a 10 minute misconduct. Sounds pretty bad. Too bad I can't see it, haha.

Monarchs are back at full strength.

Tigers tied it up with 3 minutes remaining.

Monarchs lose in OT.

Last edited by Shellz: 03-19-2011 at 08:29 PM.
Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 08:30 PM
kkempy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Monarchs up 1 - 0 over the Sound Tigers after 2 periods. Goal by Holloway. Jones in net.

David Kolomatis is done for the night. He got a major for cross checking and a 10 minute misconduct. Sounds pretty bad. Too bad I can't see it, haha.

Monarchs are back at full strength.

Tigers tied it up with 3 minutes remaining.

Monarchs lose in OT.
Another poor showing against a poor team!

Old
03-19-2011, 08:33 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Another poor showing against a poor team!
I was only listening, but I agree. Lawson sounded like he had a good game though. The Monarchs were coasting after they scored or so it seemed. They play the Sharks tomorrow. They are going to need to get their fingers out of their butts.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 08:34 PM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

Oh sucks

drugold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 09:18 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings