HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Back to back games and 9 regulars out. Yea you know the result.

Old
03-18-2011, 08:54 PM
Ross MacLochness

vCash: 500
If Cammy is that injured he needs to just sit out. We don't need him aggravating anything and he's just simply hurting us out there.

Weber with probably the worst game of his career.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 08:55 PM
JustAHabFan

The dumb penalty to Hamrlick openned the door for the Rangers.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 08:56 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swe_hab View Post
Is that reliable news?
I'd say so. Mitch doesn't make stuff up.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MarkovsKnee

I'm wondering if Cammy's 6 week break was to build strength in his shoulder so he can play the rest of the season but the guy actually needs shoulder surgery. He looks injured out there.

MarkovsKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Was on twitter, when I saw this:

Quote:
@thenyrangers
New York Rangers
Lundqvist shaken up...blasted into back of net by Mathieu Darche...penalty at 16:21
20 minutes ago via web
Got a good laugh out of it.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 08:57 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

I want to see Sunday:

Palushaj-Eller-AK

--

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 08:58 PM
Protest the Hero

I wonder if anyone is going to make a thread on the main board about Lundqvist "diving" to sell the goalie interference call.

Not much to take away from the game, I thought Hamrlik played pretty bad, Weber was terrible, and there's not much you can expect from the forwards at this point. P.K was the best player on the ice IMO, great game by him, can't wait to see what fans of other teams choose to complain about tonight though.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 08:58 PM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsSlappy View Post
So everyone is saying that Cammy is hurt but it seems like hearsay.
I for one hope he is really hurt because otherwise we are in trouble. The guy plays like he is afraid to get hit. He had two unfortunate injuries from getting hit hard and he hasn't been the same since.
Not easy to come back from serious injuries, for both the body and mind. I think in Cammy's situation he is such a one dimensional player that when he is not scoring, he dosen't seem to do much else. Hopefully he is able to repeat his playoff heroics.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 08:59 PM
sheed36

It's gonna be an interesting finish to the season with all these injuries.. I hope we don't go on a season ending skid with this line up and the amount of road games we have left..

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 08:59 PM
Dekar

Really it was the last 5 minutes of the first that wasn't great. It was back and forth for most of the first, and we played a strong game the rest of the way. Those 3 goals in around a minute killed us, as they would anyone.

**** happens. Not butthurt. Moving on.

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 09:00 PM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
I want to see Sunday:

Palushaj-Eller-AK

--
Me too. That was a good line. I'd try Gionta with DD and Moen for size and a defensive presence. Then Cammy - Gomez - White and the 4th Dawes - Pyatt - Pouliot.

Not a great line-up tho. If we don't get some guys back for that Bruins came next week we are going to get creamed.

MarkovsKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 09:01 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Before this small 2 game trip I said I would be happy with 1 win. Minnesota is in a slump and will be playing a back to back game. I'm sure the boys will be ready.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 09:02 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Before this small 2 game trip I said I would be happy with 1 win. Minnesota is in a slump and will be playing a back to back game. I'm sure the boys will be ready.
Give the players a day off tommorow. They really looked out of gas in the third.

Old
03-18-2011, 09:05 PM
NewHabsEra*

Cammy + Gomez = about 13 millions on the cap.. they are not only bad, they are atrocious.. you make somone who know nothing about hockey watch this game and ask him who in his opinion are the 2 last fowards called up from the farm and there is a good chance he name the 2 mentionned above, I mean they dont sucks a little, thats frinking ugly!!!

Martin missed the boat tonight by not playing Palushaj and Dawes more, they have been good when used, especially Palushaj who showed some impressive hard work and skills.. Alot of guys were having a bad game.. Martin should have juggle a bit more with his lines..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 09:07 PM
FF de Mars

It was to be expected. I'm happy we won yesterday. Auld should start against Minny, give Price a rest, Auld saw some action today, so he won't be rusty.

FF de Mars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 09:09 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
It was to be expected. I'm happy we won yesterday. Auld should start against Minny, give Price a rest, Auld saw some action today, so he won't be rusty.
If it's me, I will put Price back in again.

Old
03-18-2011, 09:09 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
Same here.

Gary320 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 09:10 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Was fully expecting Auld to get the start. Hopefully Plekanec isn't that injured...because without him we're not a playoff team.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 09:11 PM
Fel 96
Global Moderator
JFC

vCash: 403
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
I hope Auld gets the start in Minnesota.

I think it's unlikely though.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 09:14 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Cammy + Gomez = about 13 millions on the cap.. they are not only bad, they are atrocious.. you make somone who know nothing about hockey watch this game and ask him who in his opinion are the 2 last fowards called up from the farm and there is a good chance he name the 2 mentionned above, I mean they dont sucks a little, thats frinking ugly!!!

Martin missed the boat tonight by not playing Palushaj and Dawes more, they have been good when used, especially Palushaj who showed some impressive hard work and skills.. Alot of guys were having a bad game.. Martin should have juggle a bit more with his lines..
I would add that the Picard Weber pairing was an AHL one, they sucked bad togheter. Picard is in reality an average AHLer while Weber a marginal NHLer.. Weber will be either traded or used as 7th defenseman next year, there is no way this kid can have a regular spot in this line-up, he isnt good enough offensively, his transition game has suffered alot lately and his physically outmatched pretty easily right now, can fill a hole nicely over a short lapse of time but not more, loses efficiency as he has more responsabilities..

Old
03-18-2011, 09:16 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Guys never backed down. Pretty sure they also believed they could comeback at one point.

Let's move on and win against Minny.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 09:21 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Was fully expecting Auld to get the start. Hopefully Plekanec isn't that injured...because without him we're not a playoff team.
losing Pleks for the playoffs would be dramatic but I think this team has enough depth to at least compete and give the team we face a good opposition, what you saw tonight wasnt an indicator, theire was no soul, no spirit, no willingness to pay the price in this game, I saW it after 2-3 shifts, just werent ready to compete tonight... With Cammy and Gomez playing better and some lines shuffling we have enough talents in this team to surprise.. Palushaj is a pretty good player hopefully we will have the opportunity to see him more..

Old
03-18-2011, 09:21 PM
Xia

Tough loss, maybe Martin should have started Auld, nevertheless the defense was atrocious in the first and third period. I hope he gets the start on Sunday because he deserves it; made some great saves. Let Carey rest so he'll be ready for next week's games against Buffalo and Boston!

Xia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 09:28 PM
Harry Wong

Marginal call on Poulliot IMO. With all the injuries I would have hoped he could have earned more ice time. Plays like he has no confidence.

Harry Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 09:29 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
Why...it's 3 games in 4 nights + all involving travel. Historically goalies don't do as well in the playoffs when they play around 70 games in the regular season. We need 3 or 4 wins in the last 10 games to clinch. Price needs rest so imo Auld should get 4 of the 10 remaining starts. Price ends up with 70 appearances (which is still high) but at least he gets a little rest for the start of the playoffs (assuming the Habs won't pull an epic choke down the stretch). But knowing the Habs, Price will get 9 of 10 starts and Auld will get pulled in his only one.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote