HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Bruins @ Preds - "Lawyers Guns & Money"

Old
03-18-2011, 04:05 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by InRinneWeTrust View Post
Just my 2 cents, I'm totally OK with this. Some will say NHL being inconsistent in punishing hit to the head, which admittedly is hard to argue with. FWIW this incident seems to boil down to "no intent to injure = no suspension".
Agree. Kudos to the whoever posted the rulebook quote last night. Elbowing + injury to face or head = 5 + game automatic. Refs had no choice but i think it clearly wasnt intent to injure plus Horn doesnt have a rap sheet.

if the exact same elbow had been delivered, even inadvertently, by Tootoo, I have no doubt we'd be waving goodbye to him for 5 games or so...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 04:12 PM
SK74 Snipes

vCash: 500
Rask's flip out was highly entertaining. Gotta love emotion!

SK74 Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 04:17 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK74 Snipes View Post
Rask's flip out was highly entertaining. Gotta love emotion!
I like Rask. I think he'll be a very good goalie some day, and watching him and Price playing against each other will one day be a match-up two great goalies as well as two highly entertaining goalies to watch. I see a rivalry coming.

Also, we have little Rask. Maybe we could re-unite the brothers and take that scrub seguin off their hands

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 10:07 AM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
I like Rask. I think he'll be a very good goalie some day, and watching him and Price playing against each other will one day be a match-up two great goalies as well as two highly entertaining goalies to watch. I see a rivalry coming.

Also, we have little Rask. Maybe we could re-unite the brothers and take that scrub seguin off their hands
Just want to say that, i really enjoyed the energy and overall fan reactions. It seem that some people actually get "hockey" in Nashville. It seemed as if everybody in the rink were having a good time...even the sisters.
The only problem i had was the feed. I have the hockey package and got the Nashville feed....it seemed as if the cameraman was in the washroom for some of his shots. Keep it simple.

Central Scrutinizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 02:42 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
Just want to say that, i really enjoyed the energy and overall fan reactions. It seem that some people actually get "hockey" in Nashville. It seemed as if everybody in the rink were having a good time...even the sisters.
The only problem i had was the feed. I have the hockey package and got the Nashville feed....it seemed as if the cameraman was in the washroom for some of his shots. Keep it simple.
Yeah, our feed isn't the greatest. Honestly though, I'm just happy to have one at all. About 1/3 of our games aren't on TV at all, which drives us all nuts.

There may not be the same number of die-hard preds fans as there are Canadian or Bruin fans, but those of us that care take it very seriously and are very loud. We are louder with 16,000 than most rinks are with 21,000. We combine college football passion with the best game known to man.

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 04:50 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Yeah, our feed isn't the greatest. Honestly though, I'm just happy to have one at all. About 1/3 of our games aren't on TV at all, which drives us all nuts.

There may not be the same number of die-hard preds fans as there are Canadian or Bruin fans, but those of us that care take it very seriously and are very loud. We are louder with 16,000 than most rinks are with 21,000. We combine college football passion with the best game known to man.
In this day and age it is a farce that they don't show every game.

...and i did notice the great crowd in Nashville. It was great to see. I think i will start keeping a closer eye on the Predators from now on. Maybe even a road trip to watch a game.

Central Scrutinizer is offline   Reply With Quote