HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs fans among the worst??

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-19-2011, 02:54 PM
  #26
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!
 
Stugots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,379
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLger View Post
Took it to them?

Out were: Markov, Gorges, Plekanec, Pacioretty, Spacek, Gill, Sopel and less importantly Darche and Halpern. Grats on the win, on a back-back game.

As for the rest of your comment, yeah there are many stupid fans in the fanbase and most are bipolar. It gets frustrating (for me at the very least) but some fans from other teams here (main board mainly) still make it hell for the whole fanbase due to a "select" retarded ones.

The bigger the fanbase gets, the more chances you get to have people act stupid.
Select? I'm not sure thats the correct word. When you hear stories from every single fan-base in the Northeast about Habs fans coming to their arenas and acting like complete jerk-offs, don't you get the feeling that there are more than just a "select" few? If there was like one or two instances of Habs fans actin' a fool then I would agree with your statement, but there are not just a few- there are multiple. Every time they come to the Garden there are fights. Islander fans tell me that when they come to the Nassau Coliseum they cause trouble. B's fans, like the one who posted in this thread, say they cause trouble. I understand that they are passionate, but they take it to a different level.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 03:02 PM
  #27
Noonansgoal
Registered User
 
Noonansgoal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 177
vCash: 500
They can burn all the cars they want, riot all they want, and hold as many mock stanley cup parades until their hearts are content. The line is drawn at the booing of our national anthem. Maybe its because I'm still impacted by 9/11 and because im from new york, but hearing those boos, I would just become incensed.

And for the record, I go snowboarding in Tremblant every winter. I dont have a single bad thing to say about Montreal.

Noonansgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 03:47 PM
  #28
JimmyStart*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLger View Post
Took it to them?

Out were: Markov, Gorges, Plekanec, Pacioretty, Spacek, Gill, Sopel and less importantly Darche and Halpern. Grats on the win, on a back-back game.

As for the rest of your comment, yeah there are many stupid fans in the fanbase and most are bipolar. It gets frustrating (for me at the very least) but some fans from other teams here (main board mainly) still make it hell for the whole fanbase due to a "select" retarded ones.

The bigger the fanbase gets, the more chances you get to have people act stupid.
Took it to the team that was out on the ice...may not have been a full strength montreal but the team that was out there we took it to them. Is THAT clarification more acceptable to you?

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 03:55 PM
  #29
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!
 
White Plains Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,702
vCash: 500
The booing of both National anthems is so stupid. It's a Canadian game in which we've rooted for mostly Canadian players who have played for the Rangers since 1926, and their have been Americans such as Mathieu Schneider and John LeClair who have had major impacts for Montreal and won Cups for them. It's disrespectful and something out of WWF.

And this goes both ways; cheering is fun and getting heat and cursed at and booed as fans on the road is fine, but when people start dumping beer on each other, throwing fists, hassling mothers with young children, burning jerseys, instigating, it's not cool.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 04:06 PM
  #30
t3hg00se
Registered User
 
t3hg00se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,394
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
The only reason they aren't my most hated team is because they aren't in the same division as the Rangers. After PHI-NJ-NYI-PITT, MTL is easily #5 on that list. Can't stand their fanbase.
This times 100.

And since Gomez has been traded there, I swear some nights I hate them even more than any other team in our division.

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 04:22 PM
  #31
redline76
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 105
vCash: 500
The booing of the anthem is what sets a lot of us in Boston off. I admit, we aren't the nicest of fans ourselves. Hell if I hear another idiot shout "yankees suck" at a rangers or isles game in Boston i'm going to flip out. But I can never understand the utter disrespect both in Montreal and on the road of habs fans towards our Anthem. For years I was told "Oh it's not you america, it's George Bush." Well it's 2 years since Bush and those idiots still Boo our anthem. SO what's the deal Habs fans?
It was the booing of our anthem that started people the stupid "USA USA" in Boston during habs games. I noticed last night at MSG people were doing the same.

redline76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 04:40 PM
  #32
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,229
vCash: 500
Habs fans are passionate.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 04:41 PM
  #33
Loffen
Wen Kroy
 
Loffen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Soft euro
Posts: 17,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Habs fans are passionate.
Sure. But they're a bunch of whiny and obnoxious *******s as well.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 05:20 PM
  #34
The Mouth
Registered User
 
The Mouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 857
vCash: 500
I was at the game last night and I got to tell you for me who likes confrontation with opposing fans it was great.

the national anthem didnt bother me because there is always knucklehead ranger fans who yell "lets go rangers' to ruin it anyway.

These are the comments I heard in my section last night from Habs fans and my responses during the game

Habs fan - I love scott Gomez !

So do I now that he's on your team and we have gabby, Mcdonagh and valentenko

Habs fan - Make the Playoffs !

At present we are in the playoff chuckles.. right behind you

Habs fan - Brandon Prust's sister is a habs fan.. I know this become I'm friends with her on facebook !

Frenchie. that may have been the worst dig ever yelled at a sporting event


I was also yelling " call the police" every time a habs player got hit hard, they didn't like that.

Lot a pressure when you talk trash, made the game more intense. i was worried going into the third but when we won, most habs fans shut up.

That made the win even sweeter.

The Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 05:48 PM
  #35
parlate2000
 
parlate2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kristiansand, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 30
vCash: 500
I Envy U!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mouth View Post
I was at the game last night and I got to tell you for me who likes confrontation with opposing fans it was great.
Please keep ur neighbour seat ready when i visit the US early May. We'll still be in the competition

parlate2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 05:50 PM
  #36
mike14
Registered User
 
mike14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia
Posts: 4,339
vCash: 500
Of course they are. Any fanbase who feels the need to interfere with a game by throwing things on the playing surface because things aren't going their way deserves every negative thing coming at them.

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 07:51 PM
  #37
New York RKY
Moderator
Let's Go Rangers!
 
New York RKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 12,094
vCash: 500
Habs fans are VERY close to my most hated fans ever.

It's habs/Red Sox (right now it's too close too tell for me)
Then Pens fans
Then it's the Miami Heat Fans
Finally, The Flyers fans

I get it habs fans are passionate. Cool story bro.

It's one thing to be passionate and it's another thing to be obnxious. From their incessant booing EVERY single time one of their players falls on the ice (even if it's on his own) to their annoying chants, to the lack of respect for anything not MTL Canadien related.

The amount of b****ing they do, as well as their general cockiness is just too much. Habs fans have that feeling like when you talk to them that they are superior to you, that they KNOW hockey, and that the Habs are hockey.

Red Soxs fans piss me off to no end, but Habs fans are getting pretty damn close.

With all this said, for Rangers fans to allow habs fans to make that much noise at the Garden was simply disgraceful. For us to have a home ice advantage we need to have our fans represent ourselves during the games. To have 1/4 or more of the Garden be Habs fans is pretty unacceptable by my book.

Still hate those cocky habs fans though.

__________________
New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 09:24 PM
  #38
E Nixson
Powered by Intel
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 909
vCash: 500
I hate Canadians [fans] as much as the next guy, but I'm going to have to say the worst and least knowledgeable fans in hockey are the Penguins fans. But the excuses I'm hearing from the Habs fans are making me reconsider my top three

E Nixson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 10:06 PM
  #39
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo
 
BroadwayBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 8,179
vCash: 500
Most annoying fan bases not in any particular order:

Phillies
Eagles
Red Sox
Habs
Penguins
Patriots
Cowboys
Steelers
Islanders

I would put Devils but you have to have more than 5 fans to qualify.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 10:15 PM
  #40
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,138
vCash: 500
Last night at the game this guy sitting next to me and my buddy turned to us and asked us a question in broken English with a heavy french accent... My buddy could not make out what he said but all I heard was "most annoying player on Habs" or something along those means... Told him it was Scott Gomez.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 12:25 AM
  #41
Machinehead
Moderator
TG15:WoodlandCritter
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 36,111
vCash: 500
The **** does GQ know about hockey anyway?

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 12:30 AM
  #42
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people
 
Brendan Shanahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
The **** does GQ know about hockey anyway?
They probably asked Avery for his insight.

Brendan Shanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 02:42 AM
  #43
NYRSchrute217
Registered User
 
NYRSchrute217's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I really need to go to a Habs game at MSG soon.

Seems like it'd be the experience of a lifetime.
It was one of the craziest I've heard the building for a regular season game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSportsfan6230 View Post
Habs fans are VERY close to my most hated fans ever.

It's habs/Red Sox (right now it's too close too tell for me)
Then Pens fans
Then it's the Miami Heat Fans
Finally, The Flyers fans

I get it habs fans are passionate. Cool story bro.

It's one thing to be passionate and it's another thing to be obnxious. From their incessant booing EVERY single time one of their players falls on the ice (even if it's on his own) to their annoying chants, to the lack of respect for anything not MTL Canadien related.

The amount of b****ing they do, as well as their general cockiness is just too much. Habs fans have that feeling like when you talk to them that they are superior to you, that they KNOW hockey, and that the Habs are hockey.

Red Soxs fans piss me off to no end, but Habs fans are getting pretty damn close.

With all this said, for Rangers fans to allow habs fans to make that much noise at the Garden was simply disgraceful. For us to have a home ice advantage we need to have our fans represent ourselves during the games. To have 1/4 or more of the Garden be Habs fans is pretty unacceptable by my book.

Still hate those cocky habs fans though.
It wasn't a quarter Habs fans. Maybe like 15-20% at most...they're just loud, annoying and travel in large groups so you just notice them more. We support our team and don't let other teams fill 50% of the arena like the Isles or Devils.

NYRSchrute217 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 03:14 AM
  #44
Hockey Team
Hunger Force
 
Hockey Team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
They're awful. I've never met so many obnoxious people in my life. Last night I heard boos for the US national anthem from Habs fans. Plus a few of the annoying ones in my section and the ones surrounding left after the first period when they thought the game was out of hand. After your team scores in an opposing building, you should clap and stand up, not go up and heckle everyone else.

I'm thrilled the Rangers took it to them last night. Their fans couldn't be more rude.
See, that's where people cross the line between not respecting something and disrespecting something. I don't expect habs fans to get up and take their hats off for the anthem, but to boo it? They deserve to have their face smashed in.

If I were a cop I'd have no problem "not seeing" someone assault a guy booing the national anthem. You don't have to show any respect for it, but booing it is crossing the line.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 03:17 AM
  #45
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2d View Post
See, that's where people cross the line between not respecting something and disrespecting something. I don't expect habs fans to get up and take their hats off for the anthem, but to boo it? They deserve to have their face smashed in.
If you're at an opposing arena you should always respect that countries tradition. Taking your hat off and standing is courtesy. If i was in canada i would do it for their anthem as well. It's extremely rude.

To boo is on another level. If someone boo'd the national anthem and was sitting next to me i would likely smash their face in.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 03:21 AM
  #46
Hockey Team
Hunger Force
 
Hockey Team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
If you're at an opposing arena you should always respect that countries tradition. Taking your hat off and standing is courtesy. If i was in canada i would do it for their anthem as well. It's extremely rude.

To boo is on another level. If someone boo'd the national anthem and was sitting next to me i would likely smash their face in.
Nah, to just sit there while it's being played is perfectly fine. You don't have to respect that country's traditions. Booing is NOT OK. If someone has no reaction that's fine, maybe they don't even know the tradition.

If someone was booing it next to me, I would take some serious considering into stabbing them because that's just not cool. If I was at a canadian arena, if everyone was standing up for their anthem I would stand up too, if for no other reason, then to just not be a total *******. there's no reason for that kind of ****.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 04:30 AM
  #47
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs
 
mrjimmyg89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Most annoying fan bases not in any particular order:

Phillies
Eagles
Red Sox
Habs
Penguins
Patriots
Cowboys
Steelers
Islanders

I would put Devils but you have to have more than 5 fans to qualify.
The bold are insanely obnoxious. I can live with Pens fans being saved by Crosby and barely being able to keep a team. Since you appear to be a Giant fan, Dolphin fans piss the **** out of me. I can live with Islander fans, since I actually like the team they are building. Patriot fans counting the Jets out before the game even started this year can go **** themselves too. Was unbelievably happy when the Giants beat them and ruined their perfect season.

Being a mets fan, yankee fans annoy me to no end. Talk about 27 world series when you won 20 of them when there were 10 teams at MAX in the league. IDC the fact they still have more then the Mets in the expansion era, but how quickly people forgot the 80's and early 90's when the yankees were ****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
If you're at an opposing arena you should always respect that countries tradition. Taking your hat off and standing is courtesy. If i was in canada i would do it for their anthem as well. It's extremely rude.

To boo is on another level. If someone boo'd the national anthem and was sitting next to me i would likely smash their face in.
I think most US hockey fans SHOULD know 99% of the words of the Canadian Anthem and respect it. I say 99% cause there are some of the words that can blend into it.

I've been to away games in many stadiums. You cheer when your team does something good and otherwise you respect this isn't the home of your team. The fans respect you for the most part when you act like that, cause, they respect the fact you are cheering for your team, as they would if they were in your shoes.

Disrespecting the host nation's anthem is the worst thing you can do. You aren't showing disrespect to the team you are facing, but the fans in the arena. That a whole different kind of thing. Next Habs-Rangers game at MSG, we should cheer the Canadian anthem lie they did in Boston. Show them how to show respect and how to act. Be the better people.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 04:46 AM
  #48
Hockey Team
Hunger Force
 
Hockey Team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post

I think most US hockey fans SHOULD know 99% of the words of the Canadian Anthem and respect it. I say 99% cause there are some of the words that can blend into it.
I hardly know any words to the Canadian anthem (the only ones i can remember off the top of my head are "o canada") and I honestly don't care to know. But if I go to a game in a Canadian arena I'll stand up for it if that's what everyone else is doing.

There's a big difference between supporting your team and being a straight up a-hole who deserves to have his ass kicked.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 05:00 AM
  #49
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
They're awful. I've never met so many obnoxious people in my life. Last night I heard boos for the US national anthem from Habs fans. Plus a few of the annoying ones in my section and the ones surrounding left after the first period when they thought the game was out of hand. After your team scores in an opposing building, you should clap and stand up, not go up and heckle everyone else.

I'm thrilled the Rangers took it to them last night. Their fans couldn't be more rude.
I've heard the Canadian national anthem booed in MSG.

Lots of Rangers fans leave early when they fall behind. So what.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 05:02 AM
  #50
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noonansgoal View Post
It's freedom of speech, but its not peaceful, it instigates fights and violence.
No, idiots start fights at hockey games. Usually drunken, ignorant aholes.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.