HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nobody is more negative than me

Old
03-19-2011, 04:06 PM
Darrelle Lundqvist
Swagelin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
Holy overraction in this thread. Weren't we a terrible team 2 weeks ago? I'm glad I've stayed calm over the time. I could realistically see the Rangers beating any team in the playoffs because they have the potential to be a great team at times.

Philly will be the most difficult to beat, and I'd like to try to avoid them at all costs. They're a similar team to the Rangers, except they are bigger, faster and have much better players offensively. If the Rangers were to play the Flyers in the playoffs, Philly could end it quickly, like in 5 games. However, the Rangers have a clear advantage in net, with Lundqvist over Bobrovsky and Boucher, and as we saw against the Capitals in 2009, Lundqvist can pretty much steal a series on his own.

Boston would be an intriguing matchup. Historically we've always played close games with them. I think we've played like 3 or 4 1-0 games over the last few seasons. They have a better defense than us, with much more playoff experience, but again despite having a great season, I don't think Thomas is as good as Lundqvist. I could see us push them to 6 or 7 and steal the series as well.

I want no part of Tampa Bay, Stamkos and St. Louis are flat out scary and they have our number. Washington has been a choking group in the playoffs and we've destroyed them twice this year, but they've won 10 of 11 and are clicking at the right time. Seems like they're focused on winning in the playoffs this year.

I don't mind playing Pittsburgh without Malkin and Crosby. But Crybaby probably will be back for the playoffs. Rangers-Habs would be a total war, but again they're faster than us and seem to have our number.

My first choice would probably be Boston, because I think we match up the best with them and have had the most success in years past.
Well said. I want no part of Tampa as well. They have the most dynamic offense in the conference and have beat us all year.

Darrelle Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 04:32 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghenrik213 View Post
Well said. I want no part of Tampa as well. They have the most dynamic offense in the conference and have beat us all year.
They might have the most dynamic top line in the conference, but they've scored a whopping two goals more than us this year. And I'd hardly call the Rangers' offense dynamic.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 09:11 PM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

I have been saying all year, that if this team hits their stride at the right time they can be dangerous.

If we have Gabby along with Prospal/EC playing well. Lundqvist playing well. Our other 3 lines seem to have a ot of chemistry and can all log minutes. If Staal/Girardi can continue to shut everyone down. Wow, i'm excited about this team right now.

Blatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 03:19 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
They might have the most dynamic top line in the conference, but they've scored a whopping two goals more than us this year. And I'd hardly call the Rangers' offense dynamic.

Exactly. No disrespect to Tampa but they dont really scare me. Neither does Boston. Philly, Pitt and Washington all scare me. Unfortunately if we make playoffs it's likely we play 1 of Washington/Philly.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 07:22 AM
Ola

To a extent I have to agree about Boston. Where is the creativity suppose to come from? Gettin Leino and Giroux stepping up, while Briere stepped up, lifted Philly over the top. Bos have been one dimensional since Savard went down.

The Caps have no depth. Not enough to pwn the rest of the East. I personally felt that Pitts would be unbeatable before this season, and placed a pretty big bet on them with over 10x the money. But without Malkin? Of course they can be beaten. Crosby will not be up and running etc. Philly is the favorite to escape the EC. But they aren't complete. Their d have some holes. They aren that big anymor up front really.

The east ain't that good.

Ola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 08:50 AM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
In regards to the Rangers, but, while I don't think they can win the Cup this year, the only team I can't picture the Rangers beating in the conference is Boston.

This doesn't mean that I think they are better than the other teams in the conference. I just don't think anyone in the conference is decidedly better than the Rangers right now.

Flyers don't look the same as earlier, but they may be temporarily asleep.

Washington goaltending has to prove to me that they are worthy and I lost a lot of respect for the defense of Green last year.

Pitt can't win without Crosby and Malkin and while Crosby may come back, I'd shut him down if I were management there.

The rest are in the same class as the Rangers.

I promise to go back to doom and gloom as soon as reality smacks me in the face again.
Haven't seen enough of Philly aside form the shellacking they got from the NYR on NBC.
I will say Pitt scares me with all of their injuries they have still been winning, they would not be as easy an opponent as they appear on paper.
Boston is a lot like the Rangers, if they could get their PP going they would be my favorite to win the East, aside from the fact that Clod Julien is the coach.
Montreal seems to be a bad match up for us.

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 11:38 AM
satrabyk

I got 55-1 for NY to win the cup lol. So that 100 dollars could go a long way for me as im 20 haha. Anyway bet or not i think weve got a better chance than the last 3 years and possibly since the 2 round exit vs Buff. Not saying there goin to win it but hell no team in the East scares me that much, and once you get to the Cup finals anything can happen. Lets just make the playoffs and go from there.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote