HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lundqvist not practicing, but no goaltender recalled

Old
03-19-2011, 01:10 PM
Leetch66

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
Usually not all for violence, retribution, etc. but when this kinda thing happens that's the only response that works. I was saying someone should two hand their stick across his friggin neck... take the suspension... the 5 min. major... I don't care.

U HAVE TO SEND A MESSAGE THAT CHARGING THE NET/OUR GOALIE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED AND MET WITH A VICIOUS RESPONSE
LOL...Boyle did give him a scolding which is the way of the future for the PNHL ...P for Pacified . Hopefully the scolding won't have any long term impact on Pouliot . Perhaps they should investigate or take a look at these scoldings at the GM meetings .

Leetch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 01:29 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
I would place a strong bet that Johnson will play tomorrow...

Henrik should be an emergency backup... only 4 goalies under contract meaning Talbot could be the only other possible goaltender callup.
With the possibility of Letang, Crosby, Malkin, and Lemieux returning for the game tomorrow, let's hope not...

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 01:50 PM
clmetsfan

Do any of you people actually believe that taking a stupid retaliation penalty there would prevent someone else from driving hard the net in the future?? I feel bad for you if so.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 05:25 PM
RangerFury

Does anyone have a vid from when hank gets hurt? Searched for it on youtube without any luck.

RangerFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 05:36 PM
Groot
I am Groot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
With the possibility of Letang, Crosby, Malkin, and Lemieux returning for the game tomorrow, let's hope not...
Thought you were serious for a second.

Groot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 05:46 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFury View Post
Does anyone have a vid from when hank gets hurt? Searched for it on youtube without any luck.
It's on TSN: http://watch.tsn.ca/featured/clip435701#clip435701

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 05:50 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staal18 View Post
After the play happened the guy was on the ground Boyle went after him. Penalty was already going to be given and refs were right there. What really do you expect them to do, step on his throat while hes on the ice?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staal18 View Post
After the penalty was over Pouliot never appeared on the ice again.
Gee, I wonder why?

Someone should have skated past Auld and either elbowed or kicked his feet out from under him.

That's how you stop it from happening again.

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 05:54 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

Dude you are preaching to the wrong crowd here..This is the turn your cheek crowd..AT ALL COSTS...Fighting and retaliating is frowned upon..The golden boy Boyle was on the ice..Didn't you see him giving him his meanest face and a stern talking to?? Thats our message..Sad but true..Boyle failed again to show ANY balls..Why should that suprise anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
No.

They need to set an example. Fight someone on the ice the next shift.

It doesn't matter if its the right or wrong guy.

The more they allow it to happen, the more its going to happen.

Its an image. If you look indifferent, teams will take liberties.

surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 06:00 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

OMG someone else here gets it..Im going to faint..Sadly Boyle will breaking nobodys face..Not in his DNA..You can bet if Boogaard was playing the score would have been settled in the final few minutes..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrimpy View Post
Teams have said all season, even teams that are way better, "We don't want to play the Rangers". Reason being, they play hard and they don't quit. It's just a huge energy drain on teams playing a hard working team, even if they are only mediocre. Montreal was down but not out. They were getting chances, what is next? Run the goalie. I concur supersonicmonkey. Pound someone's face to keep it from happening again. Teams have been running him all season and the reaction has been there but it has been soft. Pouliot would have hit him regardless of Eminger, regardless if he could have moved or not. If you can find a vid of the game watch it again. He put is elbow up at the last second to catch Hanks head. He intended to make him hurt. He could have reached out for the cross bar. He could have put the hands up on Hanks shoulders, but what does he do instead? Puts the elbow on his head. That's why he was called and he should get suspended for bringing the elbow up. Crashing the net is a hockey play and it's allowed, but if you're going to do it you should pay the price. Boyle should have broken his nose and then grabbed the next guy he saw and fought him.

Old
03-19-2011, 06:06 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

Im so glad there are at least a few on this site that get it..Boyle has showed his true colors all season when things get nasty..Let Prust handle it..Dont get me wrong Brian has a really mean stare..Its so scary and effective it should get 5 minute major everytime he flashes it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
Yes.

Gee, I wonder why?

Someone should have skated past Auld and either elbowed or kicked his feet out from under him.

Old
03-19-2011, 06:21 PM
mike14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
Yes.

Gee, I wonder why?

I think there's some faulty logic here. Why does our retaliation lead to a stoppage and not simply more retaliation?

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 06:32 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
I think there's some faulty logic here. Why does our retaliation lead to a stoppage and not simply more retaliation?
It doesn't, but people here seem to forget that the other guys get paid too, and that fighting someone isn't going to make them scared to keep playing hockey.

Old
03-19-2011, 07:05 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Did you guys watch the play? The ref was RIGHT there screaming over and over again, "I got him, I got him, I got him". Boyle started to go after Pouliot. If he had continued to beat the **** out of him while he was prone on the ice with the ref right there basically saying "don't do it - I'm already putting him in the box", Boyle would likely have been suspended. Never mind the fact that they were only up by 2 at the time and he could have allowed MTL back in the game.

But no, it's more important to show we're TUFF, what what?!?!?! Yeeeeeah boyeeee!

Like that would stop the player from doing it again as clmetsfan said.

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 07:24 PM
Swedish Fish
CONQUERED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Did you guys watch the play? The ref was RIGHT there screaming over and over again, "I got him, I got him, I got him". Boyle started to go after Pouliot. If he had continued to beat the **** out of him while he was prone on the ice with the ref right there basically saying "don't do it - I'm already putting him in the box", Boyle would likely have been suspended. Never mind the fact that they were only up by 2 at the time and he could have allowed MTL back in the game.

But no, it's more important to show we're TUFF, what what?!?!?! Yeeeeeah boyeeee!

I agree 100%, this team has shown there heart and toughness all year

Swedish Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 09:17 PM
eco's bones

Quote:

That's all great--but if Henrik (who was still down when Pouliot was going off to the penalty box) was hurt seriously then we'd be screwed big time and all it costs Montreal is a minor penalty in a game that for all practical purposes was already over. Considering the point both teams are in the playoff race that's a ****ing good deal for the Canadiens--with all their injuries they might fall apart themselves. Pouliot needed to get ass kicked seriously.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 09:47 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
That's all great--but if Henrik (who was still down when Pouliot was going off to the penalty box) was hurt seriously then we'd be screwed big time and all it costs Montreal is a minor penalty in a game that for all practical purposes was already over. Considering the point both teams are in the playoff race that's a ****ing good deal for the Canadiens--with all their injuries they might fall apart themselves. Pouliot needed to get ass kicked seriously.
To use your words, that's all great, but would that UN-injure Hank? Would it prevent Pouliot from driving to the net in the future? Sorry, but the answer to both is a resounding no. So, your suggested course of action (ESPECIALLY with the ref standing there telling him "I've got him") does nothing other than hurt us.

Furthermore, by your rationale, since "all" it does is cost us a penalty, tomorrow we should call up the worst player on the Whale and have him attack Crosby. Sure, he'll be kicked out of the game and we'll have to weather a 5 min penalty, but hey that's a good deal for us.

C'mon, guys. Frontier justice satisfies your own desire for retribution, but it does nothing to help the team - especially for this team, which is plenty tough. It's not 1977 anymore, much as some of you wish it was.

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 04:28 AM
RangerFury

thanks loffen

RangerFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 07:29 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

I'm not asking for blood. I'm asking for them to stick up for their best player.

Show some emotion.

Its not just the other night. Henrik gets run constantly. Probably more then any other goaltender in the league. The guy has to retaliate himself a lot of the times (unless Sauer and Dubinsky are on the ice) because nobody else fights for him.

Being indifferent towards it even in interviews portrays an image that they don't care if Lundqvist gets ran over...over and over and over.

I get it, its professional sports, its a business they're not soldiers fighting for their lives. But still, show some pride. There was a time when if someone went near your goaltender, they'd be hurt the next time they step on the ice, and if they didn't step on the ice, someone else got it instead.

Goaltenders, the most important players on the ice, get zero respect or protection from the league. The league worries too much about how much padding they're wearing, took away half the goal crease, handcuffed defensemen from stopping guys from screening the goaltender, do nothing to stop the goaltenders from getting run over.

International rules get it right more then the NHL does. They even stop the play if the puck hits a goaltender in the mask.

What's the difference between a blind side hit on a defenseless player, and running through a goaltender at full speed? No difference at all.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 08:51 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
To use your words, that's all great, but would that UN-injure Hank? Would it prevent Pouliot from driving to the net in the future? Sorry, but the answer to both is a resounding no. So, your suggested course of action (ESPECIALLY with the ref standing there telling him "I've got him") does nothing other than hurt us.

Furthermore, by your rationale, since "all" it does is cost us a penalty, tomorrow we should call up the worst player on the Whale and have him attack Crosby. Sure, he'll be kicked out of the game and we'll have to weather a 5 min penalty, but hey that's a good deal for us.

C'mon, guys. Frontier justice satisfies your own desire for retribution, but it does nothing to help the team - especially for this team, which is plenty tough. It's not 1977 anymore, much as some of you wish it was.
Maybe you're right. OTOH I expect that even you agree that Lundqvist is our most important player--not just because he's our starting goaltender either but because he's at least top 5 at his position in the league and he just got run over by a freight train that didn't even bother to put on the brakes. Could have easily been a serious injury there and to our most important player at the most important position--and might as well mention Henrik goes down and then Johnson and Talbot are our only two options--both inexperienced. So no I would not have minded if Boyle started slugging Pouliot right then and there. Would it prove a lot? Probably not much but I think you're overstating the case that the game was in doubt. We're still ahead by two goals with a couple minutes to go. Pouliot was already going off. So at worst it would have been a 4 on 4 instead of a pwp against a depleted Canadiens roster.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 09:50 AM
Leetch66

Hank should have got up and fought him...like he had to do so the last time they played in Montreal where he had to go after a Hab player for taking liberties in his crease...a thing we had better get used to because if we make the playoffs other teams will be doing it on a regular basis since they know that their won't be any forthcoming retribution .

Boyle did not have to hit him when he was laying on the ice...but once he got up...somebody could have started swinging at him and a worse case scenario evened it up . That was as good a time as any to say that we have had enough ! That's where the word TEAM comes into play .

Leetch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 11:55 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

Quote:

It sure as hell does stop it in the future. If a team beats a guy prone on the ice into a concussion for running their goaltender, guys will think twice before doing it in the future.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 12:03 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2d View Post
It sure as hell does stop it in the future. If a team beats a guy prone on the ice into a concussion for running their goaltender, guys will think twice before doing it in the future.
No, they really won't. Guys have been running goaltenders for as long as hockey has existed. Sometimes the other team retaliates, sometimes they don't.

Let's say the roles are reversed, and Dubinsky ran over Price and a Hab jumped on him and fought him. Do you honestly think Dubinsky would change the way he plays? Give me a break.

Old
03-20-2011, 12:24 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

No action to defend Lundqvist, results in yet another game this afternoon of constant running Lundqvist.

Again. Portray a indifferent attitude towards it, and other teams will have that in their scouting report, and take liberties.

Its happening.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 01:11 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

Henrik has to be pissed..It is a disgrace..Its been like this forever w/this team..The Undertaker cant get here fast enough for me..Lets hope he makes it next year..