HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

2011-2012 Florida Panthers Prospect Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2011, 02:52 AM
FinlandPanther

vCash: 500
http://www.kingstonfrontenacs.com/ check the game against sudbury and see how great gudbranson looked. the first 2 goals were not his fault. he hit like a monster, made excellent defensive plays, was running the powerplay like nobodies business, and he acually looked like he had SICK hands for a defenseman. this kid is the real deal. im sure sidney the kidney will elaborate on this also.

Old
03-19-2011, 04:20 AM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinlandPanther View Post
http://www.kingstonfrontenacs.com/ check the game against sudbury and see how great gudbranson looked. the first 2 goals were not his fault. he hit like a monster, made excellent defensive plays, was running the powerplay like nobodies business, and he acually looked like he had SICK hands for a defenseman. this kid is the real deal. im sure sidney the kidney will elaborate on this also.
Wow some nice moves there. The WJC seemed to do wonders for him. Love the confidence, hitting, skillset

Old
03-19-2011, 06:47 AM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Definitely not Weaver, but I think Garrison is capable of more, offensively.
Coolburn was talking about trading one of them to bring in a top-6 forward, that's what I meant by bringing offense ! I don't see them holding that much value so they can bring an offensive upgrade at forwards... They don't have much trade value right now, maybe some more at next year's trade deadline but that's too far away !

But I think Garrison will steadily improve his offensive output next year, you're right !

Old
03-19-2011, 06:48 AM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
A decent weekend for our college prospects. Basaraba and Minn.-Duluth lost yesterday in a close game, but Knight's Fighting Sioux and Shore's Pioneers both won today so we'll have a Shore-Knight showdown tomorrow night for the WCHA championship. LaPoint is also on UND. Shore had a goal and an assist today and was 1st star. Brittain was 3rd star. John Lee is also on Denver. Ryan Watson and Western Michigan also won their game today against Michigan so they will advance to the CCHA championship game tomorrow against Miami.
So Shore and Brittain have a chance to get to the Frozen Four tournament if they win their next game on Sunday ?

Old
03-19-2011, 06:56 AM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
Kingston really miss their goalie Gubrauer IMO

And yeah, we should just get accustomed to this kind of play by Erik... He is just so good, and still has untapped potential, it's kind of scary ! Kid is a real monster !!

Gudbranson is Tallon's character top pick (like Toews was), I hope RNH is available for Tallon's talent top pick (like Kane was)...

Old
03-19-2011, 12:30 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJagrov View Post
So Shore and Brittain have a chance to get to the Frozen Four tournament if they win their next game on Sunday ?
Yeah, both Denver and UND will be there, but they are fighting for the higher seed and the WCHA title. It's tonight though. I'm not rooting for either side, I'm just going to sit back and watch a great game. It'll be awesome with 5 of our prospects in this game.

Old
03-19-2011, 12:34 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
Yeah, both Denver and UND will be there, but they are fighting for the higher seed and the WCHA title. It's tonight though. I'm not rooting for either side, I'm just going to sit back and watch a great game. It'll be awesome with 5 of our prospects in this game.
Don't forget to give us your opinion !

I'm starting to fall for Shore, and think he could surprise and really become a productive NHLer...

What do you think of drafting Nick, the little brother ? He just seems to have the same character, drive and he has the talent too... Not the exact same type of player, but he has the same bloodline and NHL capabilities IMO

Edit: If Denver could find some success in the Frozen Four tournament, having a pair of winning brothers on your future would be a pretty good boost ! Frozen Four is one hard tournament to win (or has been in the past, can't follow much for the last few years), and showing your stuff in this tournament is a great start of a career !

Old
03-19-2011, 12:45 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Don't forget to give us your opinion !

I'm starting to fall for Shore, and think he could surprise and really become a productive NHLer...

What do you think of drafting Nick, the little brother ? He just seems to have the same character, drive and he has the talent too... Not the exact same type of player, but he has the same bloodline and NHL capabilities IMO

Edit: If Denver could find some success in the Frozen Four tournament, having a pair of winning brothers on your future would be a pretty good boost ! Frozen Four is one hard tournament to win (or has been in the past, can't follow much for the last few years), and showing your stuff in this tournament is a great start of a career !
Yeah, I'll let you guys know how they look.

If they feel Nick is the BPA when we pick, then I'd be pleased for sure with picking him. I don't think we should go out of our way to draft him though. The brother thing can work out a lot of different ways. What if one of them makes it and one doesn't, then the other brother could resent the org. for that or even bolt to play with his brother when he becomes a UFA. Or neither of them could make it and then you wasted a pick just trying to unite two brothers.

I think Nick will be an early 2nd round pick or maybe even a late 1st, he certainly has the numbers to justify it. So we could definitely be picking him with our 2nd rounder.

Old
03-19-2011, 01:01 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
Yeah, I'll let you guys know how they look.

If they feel Nick is the BPA when we pick, then I'd be pleased for sure with picking him. I don't think we should go out of our way to draft him though. The brother thing can work out a lot of different ways. What if one of them makes it and one doesn't, then the other brother could resent the org. for that or even bolt to play with his brother when he becomes a UFA. Or neither of them could make it and then you wasted a pick just trying to unite two brothers.

I think Nick will be an early 2nd round pick or maybe even a late 1st, he certainly has the numbers to justify it. So we could definitely be picking him with our 2nd rounder.
I'd pick him if only he fell to our MTL second rounder ! Not higher... I would pick Khokhlachev with ours but you don't like his perimeter-game...

Nick Shore is a pretty good prospect, and he doesn't need his brother to do so, we agree.

Old
03-19-2011, 01:10 PM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:
Yeah, it sucks... once again i will get this game on my cable, but i'll be playing hockey of my own so i'll miss the game. Was really looking forward to this scenario playing out...

Enjoy the game for me MR

Old
03-19-2011, 01:24 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen View Post
Yeah, it sucks... once again i will get this game on my cable, but i'll be playing hockey of my own so i'll miss the game. Was really looking forward to this scenario playing out...

Enjoy the game for me MR
Will do, I'll try to give a good report.

Old
03-19-2011, 02:05 PM
vektorious

Holy Jokinen you playing in the tournament at Saveology Iceplex this weekend? I am playing for the Canadiens...I was always wondering if other guys on here played locally as well. I saw Vokoun with his daughter yesterday at Saveology Iceplex...Was pretty cool to see him doing the family thing in his off time.

Old
03-19-2011, 02:24 PM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:
Originally Posted by vektorious View Post
Holy Jokinen you playing in the tournament at Saveology Iceplex this weekend? I am playing for the Canadiens...I was always wondering if other guys on here played locally as well. I saw Vokoun with his daughter yesterday at Saveology Iceplex...Was pretty cool to see him doing the family thing in his off time.
EW!

No, i play here in Tampa. It's where the Lightning practice as well, so i've seen Marty St. Louis coming and going, and Guy Boucher as well. Pretty cool stuff.

But if/when i move back, i'm gonna be looking into the ice leagues over at Incredible Iceplex.org.

Old
03-19-2011, 03:07 PM
HowdyHowden93*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen View Post
EW!

No, i play here in Tampa. It's where the Lightning practice as well, so i've seen Marty St. Louis coming and going, and Guy Boucher as well. Pretty cool stuff.

But if/when i move back, i'm gonna be looking into the ice leagues over at Incredible Iceplex.org.
how competitive are the hockey leagues in Florida?

Old
03-19-2011, 07:31 PM
FinlandPanther

gudbranson gets his 13th goal of the season, but he is a -3 currently playing against strome. he also just hit 100 PIMS! he got 5 for fighting + 2 for instigating and a misconduct.

Old
03-19-2011, 07:34 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
gudbranson gets his 13th goal of the season, but he is a -3 currently playing against strome. he also just hit 100 PIMS! he got 5 for fighting + 2 for instigating and a misconduct.
Ejected ?

Guess he didn't like the start of his team again after last night debacle !

Old
03-19-2011, 07:58 PM
FinlandPanther

Quote:
Ejected ?

Guess he didn't like the start of his team again after last night debacle !
not sure just going by the boxscore.

Old
03-19-2011, 08:06 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
not sure just going by the boxscore.
They denied him the goal also !

Old
03-19-2011, 08:09 PM
FinlandPanther

Quote:
They denied him the goal also !
WOW WTH?

Old
03-19-2011, 09:01 PM
TimHortons
Gud Night

Quote:
WOW WTH?
On the other end of the spectrum, Pacan had a 4 point night(1+3) for Niagara.

Old
03-19-2011, 09:06 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHortons View Post
On the other end of the spectrum, Pacan had a 4 point night(1+3) for Niagara.
Pacan is really starting to put it together... He could become a big grinder with upside !

Old
03-20-2011, 12:26 AM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Pacan is really starting to put it together... He could become a big grinder with upside !
Yeah, but I hesitate labeling him as just a grinder. He has good hands, is great down low and protects the puck like a bull, and is almost unstoppable when he goes to the net. He's an underrated prospect, he was more than just a throw-in in the Frolik deal. He just gets better and better. He's got a crazy amount of points in his last several games.

Old
03-20-2011, 12:52 AM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

The DU-UND game was epic. UND won in 2OT 3-2, although Brittain can't really be faulted on any of the goals. He was great, made some huge saves, including two incredible stops that involved Knight. On the first play, there was a scramble in front and the puck came to Knight all alone at the side of the net. Brittain was down and out. All Knight had to do was elevate the puck on the backhand and it was in, and he did, but Brittain threw his glove up and knocked it down and then covered it. On the second play, Knight had the puck in the corner and then made a spectacular spinning backhand pass right to the blade of his teammate on the far side of the crease and Cheverie slid over like a rocket and got the shot with his pad, which was going to go in far side. I really think this kid has a bright future. He honestly looks better to me than Cheverie ever did. Every time I see him he always impresses me and I can't even remember him letting in any bad goals.

Funny game, almost none of the big guns on either team got on the scoresheet. Shore had a good game, had a couple of really good opportunities, should have got one goal but one shot that was going in the net took a miraculous bounce(for UND) off of Forbort's skate and somehow deflected from one foot if that from the goalline over the crossbar. If there's one real complaint about his game for me which I'd like to see him improve on it's that he showboats in the neutral zone too often for me and usually gets the puck stripped away. Not a huge deal though, something that might just get better with growing pains.

Knight was very good also, he made some great plays with the puck in this game either passing or shooting. He was around the net a lot tonight. I really like how he is coming along. He's definitely a finesse player but he's not afraid to get involved in the battles and in traffic and throw his weight around.

LaPoint had a solid steady game as usual. He was really good in his own end, really boxed out well in front of his net. He managed the puck well and played very smartly within his limits, made nice little passes and chips out of his zone. Stuff that rarely gets noticed but makes a difference in a game when it adds up.

Lee was solid, was good carrying the puck up ice, got a couple good shots off, and was decent in his own end. He also threw a couple nice hits.

Old
03-20-2011, 02:03 AM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
He was a -2, but yeah.

Also, it seems like McFarland is injured again. He hasn't played the last two games.

Old
03-20-2011, 02:07 AM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:
The DU-UND game was epic. UND won in 2OT 3-2, although Brittain can't really be faulted on any of the goals. He was great, made some huge saves, including two incredible stops that involved Knight. On the first play, there was a scramble in front and the puck came to Knight all alone at the side of the net. Brittain was down and out. All Knight had to do was elevate the puck on the backhand and it was in, and he did, but Brittain threw his glove up and knocked it down and then covered it. On the second play, Knight had the puck in the corner and then made a spectacular spinning backhand pass right to the blade of his teammate on the far side of the crease and Cheverie slid over like a rocket and got the shot with his pad, which was going to go in far side. I really think this kid has a bright future. He honestly looks better to me than Cheverie ever did. Every time I see him he always impresses me and I can't even remember him letting in any bad goals.

Funny game, almost none of the big guns on either team got on the scoresheet. Shore had a good game, had a couple of really good opportunities, should have got one goal but one shot that was going in the net took a miraculous bounce(for UND) off of Forbort's skate and somehow deflected from one foot if that from the goalline over the crossbar. If there's one real complaint about his game for me which I'd like to see him improve on it's that he showboats in the neutral zone too often for me and usually gets the puck stripped away. Not a huge deal though, something that might just get better with growing pains.

Knight was very good also, he made some great plays with the puck in this game either passing or shooting. He was around the net a lot tonight. I really like how he is coming along. He's definitely a finesse player but he's not afraid to get involved in the battles and in traffic and throw his weight around.

LaPoint had a solid steady game as usual. He was really good in his own end, really boxed out well in front of his net. He managed the puck well and played very smartly within his limits, made nice little passes and chips out of his zone. Stuff that rarely gets noticed but makes a difference in a game when it adds up.

Lee was solid, was good carrying the puck up ice, got a couple good shots off, and was decent in his own end. He also threw a couple nice hits.
Epic game. Sucks i couldn't watch it, but i watched some highlights. Gotta love Brittain. This guy is a monster in net. Could easily see him becoming a starter in the NHL. His lateral movement is crazy good.

Knight looked pretty strong, and i agree with everything you said. He's panning out very nicely.

Lapointe also had two assists.

Thanks for the summary, i appreciate it.

Closed Thread