HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mondays UFAs

Closed Thread

Old
07-31-2005, 03:53 PM
albathegreat*

vCash: 500
Mondays UFAs

There have been may rumorings flying around that the Leafs have already signed Lindros and that they are just waiting for Monday to come to make it official, and that Allison is another one that has a high probability of coming to Toronto.

Does anyone think that there will be an announcment come Monday??

If so do you see it being only Lindros?

Also by making that deal yesterday JFJ sent a message to Leaf fans, saying they will try to be a very competitve hockey team so does it not make sense that he will follow up and send another message? Maybe monday?

Well I have my hopes up but if it doesnt happen monday it will sure happen soon.

Old
07-31-2005, 04:12 PM
Sudz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almothegreat
There have been may rumorings flying around that the Leafs have already signed Lindros and that they are just waiting for Monday to come to make it official, and that Allison is another one that has a high probability of coming to Toronto.

Does anyone think that there will be an announcment come Monday??

If so do you see it being only Lindros?

Also by making that deal yesterday JFJ sent a message to Leaf fans, saying they will try to be a very competitve hockey team so does it not make sense that he will follow up and send another message? Maybe monday?

Well I have my hopes up but if it doesnt happen monday it will sure happen soon.

If there is an announcment tomorrow I hope it's not announcing the signings of Lindros and Allison. We'd peobably get 40 games combined out of the two of them.

Old
07-31-2005, 04:16 PM
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudz
If there is an announcment tomorrow I hope it's not announcing the signings of Lindros and Allison. We'd peobably get 40 games combined out of the two of them.
This is what I hope to hear on monday. The toronto maple leafs are pleased to announce the following signings. Adam Foote, Glenn Murray, and Eric Lindros, and the resignings of Gary Roberts and Joe Niewendyk. Those are my guesses, and I hope I'm right.

Old
07-31-2005, 04:17 PM
Blue_and_White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudz
The 2002-2003 season was the only season in which Allison missed a large portion of the season. He has had no other problems other than this, so I don't think you can easily say the problems will return for him, unless you know what his situation is.

Old
07-31-2005, 04:30 PM
berney fkaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiedaeagle20
This is what I hope to hear on monday. The toronto maple leafs are pleased to announce the following signings. Adam Foote, Glenn Murray, and Eric Lindros, and the resignings of Gary Roberts and Joe Niewendyk. Those are my guesses, and I hope I'm right.

That would make my day/week/month/mabey even my year.....That is up until we win the cup

Old
07-31-2005, 04:33 PM
Scoogs

Send a message via MSN to Scoogs
Since JFJ did the smart thing and didn't qualify the likes of Antropov and the others..

If he wants those guys back, they will be announced tomorrow...

Old
07-31-2005, 04:44 PM
CoupeStanley

Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
I think there will be a ****load of signing on Monday.

If I were the Leafs, I wouldnt sign BOTH Allison and Lindros. Unless they both come really cheap. The health of Allison is less of a concern than the Lindros one, as his *whiplash?* injury look like it's not a recurring one.

But I am way more convinced with the quality of hockey that Lindros can bring at this point. He's still a top player in this league while Allison havent played in a while and isn't necessarly fast-footed.

Old
07-31-2005, 04:46 PM
Sudz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_and_White
The 2002-2003 season was the only season in which Allison missed a large portion of the season. He has had no other problems other than this, so I don't think you can easily say the problems will return for him, unless you know what his situation is.

In 99-00 he only played 37 games. I have nothing against the guy I just think that there are better players to be had than Lindros and Allison.

Old
07-31-2005, 04:59 PM
It Kills Me

Umm?

Line 1: Roberts (a must ) - Sundin - O'Niell
Line 2a: Tucker - Antropov - Lindros
Line 2b: Stajan - Nieuwendyk - Ponikarovksy(maybe even fourth line)
Line 4: Kilger - Domi - UFA or Poni boy

That way we have Antropov who can either boom and become that scorer we wanted him as when we drafted him or not. Nieuwendyk can keep making Poni better and help with Stajan too.

Also keeping our top lines cheap we can sign that Foote or Pronger.

Old
07-31-2005, 05:03 PM
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittles.TML
I don't think Pronger is going anywhere. It looks like St Louis wants to keep him.

Old
07-31-2005, 05:04 PM
Macman

Other than making a run at Foote and obvious cheapies like Lindros and Allison, I have to wonder how busy the Leafs will be this week. They don't have much room under the cap and they have to think about leaving room for possible trades and for next year's bumper crop of Thornton, Redden, Chara, Theodore, etc.

Last edited by Macman: 07-31-2005 at 05:13 PM.
Old
07-31-2005, 05:25 PM
It Kills Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiedaeagle20
I don't think Pronger is going anywhere. It looks like St Louis wants to keep him.
I guess we are gonna havta to go after Foote then.. What other UFA d-men are tough enough to solve that Primeau problem?

Old
07-31-2005, 05:51 PM
bcrt2000

Quote:
Umm?

That way we have Antropov who can either boom and become that scorer we wanted him as when we drafted him or not. Nieuwendyk can keep making Poni better and help with Stajan too.

domi = penguin... if he was gonna stay with the leafs they woulda signed him already

Old
07-31-2005, 05:54 PM
Pinto
Burn Them All

vCash: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrt2000
domi = penguin... if he was gonna stay with the leafs they woulda signed him already
I guess we can rule out Roberts and Nieuwendyk too, right?

Old
07-31-2005, 05:55 PM
Scoogs

Send a message via MSN to Scoogs
Quote:
Umm?

Stajan and Nieuwendyk don't go on the checking line.

Old
07-31-2005, 05:56 PM
It Kills Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scugs
Stajan and Nieuwendyk don't go on the checking line.
Exactly, most have Stajan on the Fourth line. It's line 2 B.. not a checking line.. And didn't someone else say Quinn makes all his lines the checking line?

Old
07-31-2005, 06:01 PM
bcrt2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXxPINTOxXx
I guess we can rule out Roberts and Nieuwendyk too, right?
in Domi's case, he said he wants to be a Leaf, he never indicated he wanted to test the UFA waters-- before the Penguins got Crosby and the Domi/Penguins rumour surfaced he said he'd retire before signing somewhere else, on the other hand, Roberts/Nieuwendyk are probably looking to see what else is out there first

Old
07-31-2005, 06:04 PM
Pinto
Burn Them All

vCash: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrt2000
in Domi's case, he said he wants to be a Leaf, he never indicated he wanted to test the UFA waters-- before the Penguins got Crosby and the Domi/Penguins rumour surfaced he said he'd retire before signing somewhere else, on the other hand, Roberts/Nieuwendyk are probably looking to see what else is out there first
Im probably wrong, but didn't Domi say that he'd wait too see what the Leafs do before re-signing? I thought I heard that in the draft thread

Old
07-31-2005, 06:15 PM
Leaf Army

If there's any chance of us landing Foote, I hope Ferguson does what it takes to get him. He's exactly what the Leafs need.

I honestly think a top three of McCabe/Kaberle/Foote would be better than a top three of Niedermayer/McCabe/Kaberle.

Old
07-31-2005, 06:43 PM
albathegreat*

Quote:
Im probably wrong, but didn't Domi say that he'd wait too see what the Leafs do before re-signing? I thought I heard that in the draft thread
Yea, he said he will wait and see what happens.

Old
07-31-2005, 06:51 PM
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almothegreat
Yea, he said he will wait and see what happens.
which could also mean I'll wait and see if I get an offer from JFJ...

Old
07-31-2005, 06:52 PM
bcrt2000

Quote:
That was after the Domi-Mario connection seemed to have some substance-- before he suggested he would retire

Quote:
Speaking of the Leafs, reports out of Toronto has tough guy forward Tie Domi suggesting he may retire if the club doesn't re-sign him for next season.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/3711022

Old
08-01-2005, 01:03 AM
IWD

Everyone has mentioned the obvious glaring holes the team needs to improve on, but I'll throw something out there that most haven't mentioned. I'd kinda like to see them make an offer to Martin Lapointe. Obviously not at the ridiculous amount that Boston did a couple years back, but at a very reasonable price if it can be done. Aside from improving the defense core, establishing a true defensive checking line for the playoffs would really help the team, in my opinion. This is where Alyn McCauley would have come in quite handy.

Closed Thread