HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Wings @ Preds - "Werewolves of London"

Old
03-19-2011, 09:26 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

vCash: 500
solid D by Obrien

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 09:27 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

wow, great time for a pk

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 09:28 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
2 octopus on the ice
respond with more catfish!
1 catfish = 8 Octopi

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 09:29 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Horrible time to take a penalty. Suter usually never gets beat one on one, but Z burned him there

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 09:36 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

hahaha leggy with another empty netter!! WOOO

Old
03-19-2011, 09:36 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Legwand empty net game over.

Old
03-19-2011, 09:37 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Legwand is the master of empty net goals

Old
03-19-2011, 09:38 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Huge 2 points, great game! Rinne amazing as usual and the youngsters stepping up! Get as much rest as you can and beat the Sabres tmrw! GO PREDS

Old
03-19-2011, 09:42 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Rinne goes 39 for 40 and one goals Detroit

Thomas goes 18 for 22 and is pulled

Now we have a Vezina fight

Old
03-19-2011, 09:59 PM
predfan24

Great game. Boys played their butts off for that one. How about those Admirals!!!!!! You have to give it Poile and our farm system. At different times this season guys like Spaling, Blum, Halischuck and Boomer have been a breath of fresh air at times this season.

I'm sure Detroit fans are *****ing about the no goal call. Yeah it was a bad call but your going to get those reputation calls if you play that type of game. It's happened to Horny a few times as well. Besides they got a makeup call with that SK penalty immediately thereafter. SK's elbow could not have been more tucked into his body.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 10:05 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
SK had a HORRIBLE first period. First the giveaway in the O zone, defensively struggling, and then a penalty. Trotz will probably sit Wilson! Just a guess
Wow! Did I call that! Trotz wants Hornqvist out there, so who did he sit? Wilson again! Wilson was playing with confidence and was a threat evey shift, yet he is who gets sat...... that will surely help his confidence and development.
Great win by the Preds though! Pekka once again saved your behinds over and over. Actually saw that Fisher with some hands tonight!

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 10:09 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Wow! Did I call that! Trotz wants Hornqvist out there, so who did he sit? Wilson again! Wilson was playing with confidence and was a threat evey shift, yet he is who gets sat...... that will surely help his confidence and development.
Great win by the Preds though! Pekka once again saved your behinds over and over. Actually saw that Fisher with some hands tonight!
I thought Wilson looked a little rough towards the end of the game. Blind passes, weak forechecking. I don't disagree with the reduced icetime.

Old
03-19-2011, 10:45 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Seems to be pretty fair to me. The no-goal call was weak (though I do think Holmstrom was probably making contact with Rinne... I think what they saw was Rinne making contact with Holmstrom though). The elbow against SK was completely stupid. It evens out.

Solid win tonight

ThirdManIn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 10:53 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

The targets are officially mojo infused. The first time I posted one I took 3 shots. We scored three goals and won. The second time there were 4 shots. We scored 4 goals and won. I re-posted the 3 shot target...3 goals and a win.

Weird things are at work. But I like it.

I also enjoyed the Red Wings fan running like a girl from the usher after throwing the sea creatures. Brave, my man. Brave.

JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 10:55 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I thought Wilson looked a little rough towards the end of the game. Blind passes, weak forechecking. I don't disagree with the reduced icetime.
Man, you are watching something else. Blind passes (one), Erat, SK blind passes ( at least 3), he was strong on the boards and created tons of offense tonight. Finally looked light he might be getting some confidence back.....
Here is my point. SK had a horrific 1st period with a brutal giveaway, weak defense, and a bad penalty, yet there is no reduced ice. Also Erat (who is another favorite of mine), bad giveaways in defensive zone and O zone. Yet, if Trotz feels the need to change anything, he uses Wilson. I called it after the first period after SK mistakes....and that is exactly what happened.

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 10:58 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Man, you are watching something else. Blind passes (one), Erat, SK blind passes ( at least 3), he was strong on the boards and created tons of offense tonight. Finally looked light he might be getting some confidence back.....
Here is my point. SK had a horrific 1st period with a brutal giveaway, weak defense, and a bad penalty, yet there is no reduced ice. Also Erat (who is another favorite of mine), bad giveaways in defensive zone and O zone. Yet, if Trotz feels the need to change anything, he uses Wilson. I called it after the first period after SK mistakes....and that is exactly what happened.
I hear ya! We had so many chances ...if we could only finish on the rush..it unbelievable

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 10:59 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

SK is contributing again... Go Preds Go!

Mathradio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 11:08 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
SK is contributing again... Go Preds Go!
2 to go. I'm happy about this upswing.

Old
03-19-2011, 11:13 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
I'm just not drinking the Wilson kool-aid. You guys want him to succeed so bad that you are looking past his flaws. He's young and still learning the game. It will take time.

Old
03-19-2011, 11:25 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I'm just not drinking the Wilson kool-aid. You guys want him to succeed so bad that you are looking past his flaws. He's young and still learning the game. It will take time.
We've had tp learn with Erat and his crazy passes and SK with not much D if your going to do it for one then you've got do it for all. All of them have flaws

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 11:44 PM
Pred303

Great Caesar's Ghost! who woulda thunk us taking 4 out of 5 off the redwings with this team? now, that was a hockey game, well if you're a preds fan and if you aren't you shouldn't be on this board to begin with. a few quick thoughts;

..blum, geoffrion. both with their third career goals. against the redwings. geoffrion with that goal in only 5 even strength shifts. blum is probably right now our third best defenseman, and he's played like 13 games. cann't help but love these kids, could see both playing a long time with this franchise.

..fisher didn't score again. but honestly this was far and away the best game he's played for us. had at least three really good chances. just maybe he's getting healthy and will make a push here these last 10 games.

..legwand with three great chances. i mean great chances. only fitting he scores the empty netter to put this one away.

..our defensemen were playing with fire and emotion. almost too much to be honest, but you still like the attitude. was afraid franson or obrien would draw a penalty late for their aggressiveness. but it all worked out.

..credit obrien for that sequence of plays to get two scoring chances and ultimately draw the penalty that blum put us ahead on. i usually sort of shake my head at obrien's efforts in the offensive zone, because they rarely lead to anything. he's always very eager to jump into the play and usually it comes to naught. but not tonight.

..we caught a huge break on the goalie interference call on holmstrom. now to be fair, that failure to score set up the horrible "makeup" call on kostitsyn for elbowing when his elbow was tucked into his side and then the first 'official' goal a couple minutes later. but not the normal break the wings get when they play us from the refs though. so redwing fans can quit their crying, welcome to the real world.

..rinne was downright spectacular.

..we now have the most points and wins in the Central division in games inside the division, 12-8-1. versus Detroit only being 10-8-1. and with FOUR of those losses coming to us, the lowly little preds.

nothing quite like walking away after a satisfying win over the wings. makes one feel that good is still in control of the universe, at least for a little while.

Pred303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 12:12 AM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303 View Post

snip

..we now have the most points and wins in the Central division in games inside the division, 12-8-1. versus Detroit only being 10-8-1. and with FOUR of those losses coming to us, the lowly little preds.

nothing quite like walking away after a satisfying win over the wings. makes one feel that good is still in control of the universe, at least for a little while.
4 out of 5 games you say? Well thats a series win!

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 12:29 AM
cleangene

How MANY times has holmstruuum gotten away with actually interfering with goalies ALL these years, though?? It was soooooooooo tough sitting next to a wings fan, but luckily his GF was a PREDS fan.This is probably a dumb question, but is there any way Lindy gets the start with the extra quick turnaround tomorrow?? Whoever is there...KEEP UP THE FANGTASTIC WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cleangene is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 12:30 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Isn't funny the two teams I would like to see in the playoffs are in the position to play the Preds: Vancouver and Detroit.

Old
03-20-2011, 12:36 AM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
We've had tp learn with Erat and his crazy passes and SK with not much D if your going to do it for one then you've got do it for all. All of them have flaws
Erat is our regular PK, Sergei time to time too... Wilson almost never...
So explain please.

An if you dont see the winger getting down low in defensive zone and fight for the puck, it does not show that he is weak defensively it shows that he is staying with his coverage...
And as coaches said " We have to be stronger in one on one battles, and don't lose coverage."
I saw Wilson lose his D a lot and getting scored on that...

By the way SK is not weak on D, he was regular penalty killer for Habs last year.
And check where was Habs PK last year... Even was used on 3 on 5...

An I would like to see Wilson as center... Him with Horqy and SK could be a good line...

Fish is nothing at the moment. Cant finish anything... He is more suited for third line with Geof and Hulu right now...

P.S.
I think Wilson was sat down tonight for been too selfish...

Last edited by tserberis*: 03-20-2011 at 12:53 AM.
tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote