HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Coincidence? (Fedotenko's Impact)

Old
03-20-2011, 01:55 AM
lbrowne

vCash: 500
I've eatin my share of crow about Fedo. I initially didn't want him here.

But he's been a great player for what we signed him for.

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 05:00 AM
Elvis Presley
Aka #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
All I know is, i'm incredibly glad they ended up signing Feds (it's safe to say most of us were wary to the idea when he was a try-out in training camp) and I would not have a problem if he's back next year.
I agree. In fact, I actually was praying we DIDN'T sign him. My attitude and opinion on that matter has certainly changed since then.

Elvis Presley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 05:32 AM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
I don't think it's a coincidence, but around that time other players started popping back from injury as well and Prospal found his legs. So I think he was a part of it, but not solely to thank for the turnaround.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 06:42 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy London Ranger View Post
team was struggling when Feds got injured and seems to be going well since he got back into the line up? Am I reading too much into this?
I love Fedetenko's play. Love it.

I trashed him before the season, a lot, and said that he never would make the team.

But right now he is playing -- defensively -- like a more physical Niklas Sundström. Really world class. He make all the small plays.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 07:42 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Fedotenko is PERFECT for the grind and board game we play. He's very important piece for this club b/c of the system they play.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 09:35 AM
kovazub94
Enigmatic

First, Fedotenko with his skills makes the Boyle line with Prust work. If you remember when he was out of the line-up with injury, Torts tried a lot of players in the vacant spot and none of them really worked, so I tend to agree to some degree that there is no coincidence.

Also, even though I was for Fedotenko signing, it was pretty hard to defend because he has not played at this level with neither Flyers, not Penguins.

Finally, I could also point to the return of Prospal that help better Rangers line-up as well. Essentially we now have Stepan line as our 4th line (in order only).

kovazub94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 10:11 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovazub94 View Post
First, Fedotenko with his skills makes the Boyle line with Prust work. If you remember when he was out of the line-up with injury, Torts tried a lot of players in the vacant spot and none of them really worked, so I tend to agree to some degree that there is no coincidence.

Also, even though I was for Fedotenko signing, it was pretty hard to defend because he has not played at this level with neither Flyers, not Penguins.

Finally, I could also point to the return of Prospal that help better Rangers line-up as well. Essentially we now have Stepan line as our 4th line (in order only).
well Torts knows Feds pretty well. so he knows what he is getting from him.

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 10:22 AM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Look, he's an okay player, but if we now want to say the record is better with him in the lineup, than let's revive the discussion that the Rangers record with Malik was better than without him.
Not to mention that they're 100% in 15 round shootouts with the winning goal scored between his legs with Malik.

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote