HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings 2010-11 AHL Monarchs and ECHL Reign, Prospect Update Thread II

Old
03-20-2011, 03:01 PM
Shellz

vCash: 500
Monarchs down 2 - 0 to the Sharks in the second. Monarchs on PP
Monarchs out shooting the Sharks 20 - 15

3-0 now end of second

Monarchs assistant coach was just interviewed and was happy with how the team was playing today.

Start of the third. Loktionov is watching the game too.

Moller gets a goal(Kolomatis, King). 3-1 Sharks

WOOO Elkins get a PP goal(Kozun, Kolomatis). 3-2 Sharks

From the radio feed, I think Muzzin is having a really strong game.

Final 3-2 Sharks

Sounds like Monarchs had a strong game but just came up short.

Last edited by Shellz: 03-20-2011 at 04:21 PM.
Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 04:42 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
I can't believe that a team can have 6 games in hand this late in the season like the Pirates do right now. Looks like Manchester will get some rest heading into the playoffs. They are not picking a good time to go into a slump, they miss Loktionov.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 06:18 PM
hockeynutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
From the radio feed, I think Muzzin is having a really strong game.

Final 3-2 Sharks

Sounds like Monarchs had a strong game but just came up short.
Muzzin was a total beast out there today - made probably the best hit of the season on some poor unsuspecting shark in the neutral zone. the guy was nearly blown out of his skates. awesome. was up in the play, made great passes, was playing very confidently. great game for Muzz.

the boys looked good for about 1/2 of the first, none of the second, and nearly all of the third. the biggest issue with these guys is consistency. they so seldom put a full 60 minute game together...guess it's learned behavior from watching the parent club. 6 points were available, and they took exactly 1. they're not peaking at the right time...portland still has 5 games in hand, and took over sole possession of 1st today.

i dunno...i'm positive that they'll get their act together for at least the start of the playoffs...but i'm not so sure beyond that.

hockeynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 06:40 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
Right wing Oscar Moller leads the Monarchs to a 4-2 victory
http://kings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=556348
I thought Moller had been playing LW?

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 06:53 PM
kkempy

1 point out of 6 for the weekend makes for a very disappointing weekend! They had some good chances in the beginning of the game but just could not find the back of the net! Came alive early in the third but just couldn't quite come back! Heading to Norfolk for 2 games at the end of the week. Hope we see some points! As nutz said a very bad time to be slumping!

kkempy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 10:47 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
I can't believe that a team can have 6 games in hand this late in the season like the Pirates do right now. Looks like Manchester will get some rest heading into the playoffs. They are not picking a good time to go into a slump, they miss Loktionov.

AHL scheduling and Sense are just two things that don't go hand in hand...

When i started getting really into the AHL and the Monarchs it was was the most confusing thing to understand...

CTKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 09:33 AM
Capn Brown

Weal to Manchester?

http://communities.canada.com/regina...s/default.aspx

Quote:
The 2010-11 Regina Pats gathered at the Brandt Centre for the final time on Sunday to clean out their dressing-room stalls and hold year-end meetings with the teamís brass.

We have it covered on leaderpost.com and in Mondayís paper, but here are a few extra tidbits:

ó The Pats could have as many as six players finish the season in the pro ranks. As you already know, captain Garrett Mitchell is joining the Hershey Bears for the second straight year after signing a contract with the NHLís Washington Capitals on Saturday. Four others are apparently headed for the AHL on pro tryout deals: C Jordan Weal (Manchester Monarchs), D Brandon Davidson (Oklahoma City Barons), D Artem Bidlevskii (Bridgeport Sound Tigers) and F Shayne Neigum (Bridgeport). In addition, C Colin Reddin is negotiating a similar tryout deal with the ECHLís Las Vegas Wranglers and expects to join the club soon. Mitchell (Capitals, sixth round, 2009), Weal (L.A. Kings, third round, 2010) and Davidson (Edmonton Oilers, sixth round, 2010) are drafted players while Bidlevskii, Neigum and Reddin are free agents.

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 12:08 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Sweet!! With Moller in LA and Lokti out. We could really use Weal! Hopefully he can step in and help right away...Similar to what Clifford did last year.

CTKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 12:15 PM
kkempy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingOmatic View Post
Sweet!! With Moller in LA and Lokti out. We could really use Weal! Hopefully he can step in and help right away...Similar to what Clifford did last year.
We certainly need help! Expecting a tough weekend in Norfolk, hoping for the best!

kkempy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 01:20 PM
Capn Brown

I wouldn't be surprised to see Roe or even Turnbull get brought in.

Old
03-25-2011, 08:01 PM
Shellz

After two periods 1 - 0 Monarchs. Weal with his first assist as a Monarch. King got the goal. The other assist was given to Holloway.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 08:47 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

3-0 Monarchs in the third.

4-0 empty net hat trick for King.

Monarchs win!

Last edited by Sydor25: 03-25-2011 at 08:57 PM.
Old
03-26-2011, 06:01 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

With the Kings injuries and Loktionov being out. The Moknarchs are going to have a tough time winning now.

Old
03-27-2011, 11:27 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Didn't see it posted, but the Monarchs have clinched a playoff spot.

Old
03-27-2011, 12:21 PM
hockeynutz

Quote:
Didn't see it posted, but the Monarchs have clinched a playoff spot.
with Moller already in LA, and Kopi now out for a while, someone is bound to get the call. if the Kings are looking for scoring, the candidates seem to be King, Holloway, or Kozun. if one of those 3 leaves, Manchester's playoff prospects get a great bit dimmer.

hockeynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 12:32 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Dowd Roe and Turnbull are all available to Manch now. Dowd could be a nice fill on wing.

You also have the ability to bring in Vey and Toffi if their teams falter (among others).

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 01:03 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Dowd Roe and Turnbull are all available to Manch now. Dowd could be a nice fill on wing.

You also have the ability to bring in Vey and Toffi if their teams falter (among others).

I was under the impression Dowd was somewhat younger than either Roe or Turnbull (both seniors). Was I wrong?

Old
03-27-2011, 02:48 PM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
I was under the impression Dowd was somewhat younger than either Roe or Turnbull (both seniors). Was I wrong?

Dowd is a freshman and I'm sure that there are rules in place that would not allow him to play for Manchester unless he plans on leaving college.

Fat Elvis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 02:48 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Dowd is approx two years younger (20/22) than Roe and Turnbull but make no mistake about it, all of these three are bidding their time waiting for a shot at pro play.

I really would like to see us give Turnbull a shot and Roe as well. Dowd is the quicker more agile of the three but all of them are solid enough to where they can play the game at the next level. They all bring something different to the table. Roe plays with grit and is a good d forward. Turnbull has nice hands and is a good passer who plays a bigger mans game and dowd has the better hands and is faster than the other two.

Old
03-27-2011, 09:09 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
3-0 Monarchs in the third.

4-0 empty net hat trick for King.

Monarchs win!

I'm not opposed to bringing this guy back up and having him play in Westgarth's spot. It's not like the playoffs are going to be decided by an enforcer.

Old
03-31-2011, 07:41 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Dowd is approx two years younger (20/22) than Roe and Turnbull but make no mistake about it, all of these three are bidding their time waiting for a shot at pro play.

I really would like to see us give Turnbull a shot and Roe as well. Dowd is the quicker more agile of the three but all of them are solid enough to where they can play the game at the next level. They all bring something different to the table. Roe plays with grit and is a good d forward. Turnbull has nice hands and is a good passer who plays a bigger mans game and dowd has the better hands and is faster than the other two.
I really can't see how Turnbull is in the Kings plans at this point, I seen him alot since I follow the Badgers as much as I can. He's a decent two way player, but he isn't a goal scorer or dynamic offensively. He doesn't have the size or strength to be an effective checking line guy at the NHL level. He's solid at everything but exceptional at nothing really. I just don't see how there is anything to build on or round out to make him worth signing to an NHL contract. Roe and Dowd are both more skilled than him so I just dont see how he fits...

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 12:03 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I suppose I could have listed them order, that might help and been a little more clear.

Dowd has an actual shot at the NHL in my opinion if he is willing to put in the work in the AHL so does Roe though to a lesser extent. My point about Turnbull and Roe getting a shot was meant that they could get a look, both or either of them to either replace call ups from the Monarchs or on an emergency basis.

You and I may see different things in each of these kids but I think we agree that none of them are ready to take an everyday spot on the Kings. My point is that with our having two holes up front and the playoffs coming around that I would like to see Turnbull and Row get a shot at furthering their careers.

On the Kings on an emergency basis or on the Monarch's I simply don't think that these two should be overlooked.

Old
04-02-2011, 07:10 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Monarchs up 4-1 in the second.

Azevedo with the Gordie Howe hat trick.

Old
04-02-2011, 07:22 PM
Lucky Luke

4-2 Monarchs, end of the 2nd period.

Last edited by Lucky Luke: 04-02-2011 at 07:37 PM.
Lucky Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 07:35 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Monarchs clinch home ice for the first round with a win tonight. Up 4-2 after 2.