HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Satan It's official

Closed Thread

Old
07-31-2005, 10:02 PM
barnaby63

vCash: 500
Quick question: Does Satan have more than a few games experience at LW and does he produce on his off-wing?

Old
07-31-2005, 10:32 PM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 1664
Satan was originally a LW. He has a lot of experience playing that position. His goal scoring went up when he was switched to RW (offwing) and he prefers that position. If you want goals play him at RW, if you want assists play him at LW. He's also played a few games at center.

Old
07-31-2005, 10:39 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Good luck to Miro where ever he lands, even if it happens that he comes back.

07-31-2005, 10:51 PM
Stone87

Satan

Satan had a 4 goal game and a hat trick last season. 22 Goals the rest of the season is pathetic for the teams supposed most valuable player.

Old
07-31-2005, 11:00 PM
Dropkick Alex

Although I'm not a Sabres fan, I watch them play, and it will be weird not hearing his name over the broadcasting.

Old
07-31-2005, 11:02 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStone87
Satan had a 4 goal game and a hat trick last season. 22 Goals the rest of the season is pathetic for the teams supposed most valuable player.
No player has ever had a bad year before?

Old
07-31-2005, 11:18 PM
Stone87

Satan

It wasn't only his goal scoring though this time around, his game went way down and he ended the year with an awful +/-. I'm not your typical fan that wants to run every star player out of town I just think that we can spend our money on veteran players who are more consistant and more team oriented. If Satan and Zhitnik want to sign long term deals and stay for less money great. However spending 25% of our payroll on these two doesnt seem like a great option with all of the other players on the market.

Old
07-31-2005, 11:23 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
It wasn't only his goal scoring though this time around, his game went way down and he ended the year with an awful +/-. I'm not your typical fan that wants to run every star player out of town I just think that we can spend our money on veteran players who are more consistant and more team oriented. If Satan and Zhitnik want to sign long term deals and stay for less money great. However spending 25% of our payroll on these two doesnt seem like a great option with all of the other players on the market.
Fair enough. I'm curious to see if Regier is given the leeway to acquire pieces to make this into a playoff calibre/playoff performing team. With the quotes from both he and Quinn, it would seem like they're going to shop for those sort of additions, and yet I can't help but wonder at the effectiveness of these two and what that will mean for a team not making steps forward in the face of their Eastern Conference foes.

Old
07-31-2005, 11:30 PM
Stone87

I really dont think that Golisano will buy into the fact that last years team minus Satan and Zhitnik can make the playoffs. We need at least a couple of defensman and I would wait to acquire a top 6 forward from struggling team once we can move a goalie and make a run.

Old
07-31-2005, 11:47 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
I really dont think that Golisano will buy into the fact that last years team minus Satan and Zhitnik can make the playoffs. We need at least a couple of defensman and I would wait to acquire a top 6 forward from struggling team once we can move a goalie and make a run.
My concern is more with Regier and the meddlesome Quinn making blunders in an attempt to shore up the defense. Chris Therrien and Joel Bouchard type moves aren't exactly going to have people dancing in the aisles.

Old
07-31-2005, 11:52 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fake Plastic Sabre
Keep dreaming. Our team is nowhere near the worst in the league.
Offensively, no, certainly not. But if the defensemen continue to, shall we say, be shown the door, then we very well might end up in the bottom five. I like the Mika-Miller idea, but that might be asking for trouble too. If the team stays pat, minus Mckee and Brad Brown , there's absolutely no way they're NOT in the bottom 10. Unless Vanek and Timmy are actually Kurri and Gretzky. From 20 years ago. When Vanek was 1. I think my point is clear.

Old
08-01-2005, 12:12 AM
Stone87

I would take a long look at Dan McGillis and Pavel Trnka. Im not expecting a big name since the number of quality dmen on the market is still pretty pathetic. Therien and Bouchard wont cut in my book though.

Old
08-01-2005, 12:51 AM
eyeisnikk

Quote:
We didn't qualify Boulton?!?! That's it, I'm done being a Sabre fan....

Come on boulton lost his job to a cheaper, younger, and better fighter named Peters!!!

Old
08-01-2005, 12:53 AM
Endless Ike

the sarcasm was obviously lost on you...

Old
08-01-2005, 01:19 AM
lecherous

Send a message via AIM to lecherous
Quote:
I would take a long look at Dan McGillis and Pavel Trnka. Im not expecting a big name since the number of quality dmen on the market is still pretty pathetic. Therien and Bouchard wont cut in my book though.
Trnka would be a good 2nd signing if we could get a guy like Zhitnik or Aucoin. I don't like McGillis with his salary demands and the new rules. All they need to do is go out and sign at least 1 top defenseman to pair with Kalinin, and we'll be fine. It'll be better if they trade off Biron and/or Grier to get a 2nd pairing Dman to give us some more depth, and/or a quality 3rd/4th line veteran making no more than $800k or so.

Old
08-01-2005, 02:31 AM
TVanek26*

Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
Go all out and sign Adam Foote.He is worth it.This guy should be a Norris Trophy winner, but since he doesn't score 40 pts a year,he will never win one

Old
08-01-2005, 05:23 AM
SuperNintendoChalmrs

Quote:
Keep dreaming. Our team is nowhere near the worst in the league.
I am not sure if we are in the Phil Kessel sweepstakes yet or not.....

but I look at this defense we have, and you introduce the removal of the red line......that doesn't look real pretty.

Kalinin - McKee- Tallinder - Jillson - Fitzpatrick - Campbell

Brad Brown is all but gone.....the loss of Zhitnik will be detrimental if he is not replaced. James Patrick probably doesn't have much left. But the six I mentioned above, only the first three, maybe first two are going to be regarded as solid NHL d-men. That is scary 6 pack, and not in the good way. The Sabres have to either re-sign Zhitnik or get someone of his caliber in free agency.

Old
08-01-2005, 09:12 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Tim Graham from today's TBN: http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...01/1071217.asp

Old
08-01-2005, 10:08 AM
joechip

Send a message via Yahoo to joechip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot
On the bright side, Chain, Boulton's gone.

Cold Comfort that.

Ta,

Old
08-01-2005, 10:18 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by joechip
On the bright side, Chain, Boulton's gone.

Cold Comfort that.

Ta,
Opponents fists aren't the only thing that will cut you, apparently.

Old
08-01-2005, 10:23 AM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot
The article you linked is by Milt Northrup.

And I find this quote to be encouraging:

Quote:
Regier indicated that the team will direct money it would have had to pay Satan toward signing free-agent help on defense where the talent is thinnest.

"There are some very good defensemen out there," Regier said. "The problem is there isn't enough to go around. It's something we're going to pursue. We're going to start talking to players (Monday) and see where it goes."
If we get a quality top-4 guy, then the Miro release makes complete sense. At that point, it would basically work out like a trade...salary for salary.

Hopefully, Vanek and increased production from Afinogenov will compensate for Miro's departure. Max needs a more prominent role if he's ever to reach his full potential anyway. Satan had a heavy contract, was inconsistent, and didn't seem to want to be here anyway. Best of luck to him, but I think this move is for the best long-term. The only thing that bothers me is that Regier didn't pull the trigger at the deadline in 2004...

Old
08-01-2005, 10:28 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo
The article you linked is by Milt Northrup.
Why so it is...

Old
08-01-2005, 11:18 AM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
We are bound to sign a defenseman, I would bet my life on it. However its who we sign that im a lil concerned about...I can just see Regier signing a 5/6 guy to play on the top line.

Closed Thread