HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan White Appreciation Thread

Old
09-29-2010, 02:59 PM
guest1467

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARLOUTE View Post
Even some of the guys on RDS was saying they did not need Halpern with after they seen what they saw in the pre season game.
Because they are know for their credibility right?

Why don't you watch at least 5-10 games before judging Halpern's worth?

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 07:45 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Even some of the guys on RDS was saying they did not need Halpern with after they seen what they saw in the pre season game.
Those guys are idiots anyways. I would tell you not one of them had White anywhere near our regular NHL roster before camp started.

There often is surprises at camp. Last year, PK was great. This year it's White, few years back it was Latendresse, etc...It's the same for every team.

If you build your team on trying to guess which kid will surprise at camp, you will probably start the season with holes in the roster.

Halpern is a good depth signing, we needed a center. There was no way to know how well White would do. That's why there is a camp. White is a kid. Worse case scenario, he's a year away from a starting the year with the big club.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 10:41 PM
voiceofytown

noticed on the Habs official site roster of 23 players. Shows no Ryan White but does have Maxwell listed... out of date? or just a prediction.

voiceofytown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 10:48 PM
BARLOUTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BARLOUTE

I never said he is not worth anything , and I just think its to bad that we cant keep some younger guys like desharnais that have to go back in AHL even tho he dont deserve it, so now we probably will lose him next year. I would have put boyd on the forth line and desharnais on third line, then is something happend that Kostitsyn or pouliot dont do the job in the second line deharnais would be a good fit, to have Halpern its not a big deal, but I am sure that if they knew that some younger guys would have played as good as they did, I think they would never had sign Halpern.

BARLOUTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 10:50 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post

Because of Ryan Mother****ing White. Mr White, the hero.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 10:58 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARLOUTE

I never said he is not worth anything , and I just think its to bad that we cant keep some younger guys like desharnais that have to go back in AHL even tho he dont deserve it, so now we probably will lose him next year. I would have put boyd on the forth line and desharnais on third line, then is something happend that Kostitsyn or pouliot dont do the job in the second line deharnais would be a good fit, to have Halpern its not a big deal, but I am sure that if they knew that some younger guys would have played as good as they did, I think they would never had sign Halpern.

please, just stop. If you keep going, he's going to make another thread of idioms!

Idioms!!!

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 11:01 PM
TheBuriedHab

People, There are injuries in hockey, If he doesn't make the team to start the season he will eventually get called up during the season. Lets all chill. Hes playing his heart out this preseason and I love the way he is playing, but lets wait till the games count to judge the vets too.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 11:06 PM
Sebaldian

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
please, just stop. If you keep going, he's going to make another thread of idioms!

Idioms!!!

Do you have something against idiom threads?

Sebaldian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 11:07 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by the vinyl version View Post
Do you have something against idiom threads?
Only because it wasn't my idea

Old
09-29-2010, 11:28 PM
Sebaldian

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Only because it wasn't my idea
Every thread is your idea. You're like the Leonardo DiCaprio in Inception of HFBoards.

Sebaldian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 11:34 PM
guest1467

Quote:
So, now we have moved on to DD? What did DD show that he deserves a spot on this team over Moen, Pyatt, Eller, Boyd, Halpern, or whomever is going to be on the bottom 6? What makes him so special? Why does he not deserve to be sent down? Christ, Maxwell, White, Palushaj among with others showed a better preseason/camp than DD.

This isn't a little boys club here, you know how to play hockey, and you have proven it, you get on the team. White, along with DD or whoever will get their chance somewhere along the line, and its up to THEM to prove their worth, not the team, or the coaches, or the management.

If you need DD somewhere down the line, he gets called up. Its not imperative that these players make the time right at this moment.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 11:35 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by the vinyl version View Post
Every thread is your idea. You're like the Leonardo DiCaprio in Inception of HFBoards.
I approve of this.

Old
10-01-2010, 01:13 AM
badfish
Habs fan in SK

So after tonights game, what do you think of Ryan White and does he still have a good chance at making the team?

badfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 01:21 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish View Post
So after tonights game, what do you think of Ryan White and does he still have a good chance at making the team?
Can't be detrimental to the vets we have. We got them, we use them. If it means starting White in the AHL, so be it. And Pyatt, with his great play last year, needs to demonstrate that he can continue this year. I'd also prefer Pyatt on the PK than White if in the end it comes to one or the other. More Pyatt, more Halpern on the PK, less Plekanec on it, more energy for Pleks throughout the year and later on.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 08:12 PM
Universe
Eh?

Yum.

Universe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 08:40 PM
tinyzombies

Kostitsyn-Gomez-Gionta
Cammalleri-Plekanec-Eller
Pouliot-Halpern-Lapierre
Moen-Boyd-White
Pyatt

Would be nice if they could keep Boyd and White together. Those two work the wall and cycle to the net well together.

I'd prefer to see Eller help Cammy out in the trenches too. AK is dead weight no matter what line he's on. I'd love someone to steal his spot.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 09:16 PM
Emanresu Wen

i'd like to see White in the top6 if Pouliot or Andrei disappoint

like for at least 3-4 shifts

Emanresu Wen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 06:31 PM
Habsfan18

Appropriate time to bump?

This kid deserves a full time spot on this team. There isn't many other players who LOVE the game of hockey as much as Ryan White.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 06:34 PM
Clumsyhab

Ryan White is trending on twitter!!!

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 06:43 PM
Mr. Hab

Ryan White appreciation thread

1st period...so much bodychecking (legal/borderline fair) from Minnesota's #4 (Stoner?), and who comes in to defend Palushaj?
Ryan White .

I ****ing love White. Old-school warrior.

Congrats to White for his 1st NHL goal and also for his fight to protect his teammate...what a brave player, great teammate. Also, great play and pass by Pouliot (great outlet pass by the one and
only...PK Subban).

White brings much needed energy/grit/physicality/protection (protects teammates) and can play solid 4th line energy/warrior hockey (he also has solid 3rd line potential in near future).

I feel so much better with White and Moen in our lineup (and also Paul Mara).

Just add one more tough player who can play hockey AND won't be intimidated (can fight if teammates are pushed around). Get this player during summer (a Chris Neil type...a Boogard type might only get 2-3 min. per game from coach Jacques!, so waste of roster space...).

It's 4-0...let's see more Dawes (for his confidence), Eller, Palushaj out there. Leave the game without injuries. Play SMART dump and change lines' hockey.

TO MODS:
thanks for the merge

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 03-20-2011 at 07:21 PM.
Mr. Hab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 06:52 PM
Habsfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
Ryan White is trending on twitter!!!
It's because he's ****ing awesome.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 06:53 PM
Kboum

I remember in rookies camp everyone were saying... OMG he looks bad... he looks lazy and everything.

I always said he's a scrimmage guy. You can't judge his skills in drills on one foot. Hig biggest asset : heart and you can't prove that on a simple drill

Kboum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 07:18 PM
KFlint

I wouldn't be surprised if he could actually hold his own in a fight against Lucic (probably wouldn't win but wouldn't be a punching bag like Komi). He seems like a solid fighter from what I've seen so far. He might not have the size but he seems so solid when fighting, even against a much bigger opponent tonight.

I like this kid!

KFlint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 07:21 PM
Ginu

Ryan White is what Max Lapierre should have been. His work ethic and willingness to drop the gloves is what we need from our 3rd line right winger. Lapierre was a pest and was able to pot them in once in a while but he wasn't gritty enough.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 07:22 PM
jlgib21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
It's because he's ****ing awesome.
He needs to stay up for good. Why is Pyatt rated ahead of him anyways ? Also we would be better off bringing Henry or anyone else with grit than Palushaj.he's awful,and brings nothing

jlgib21* is offline   Reply With Quote