HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Watch Danny Kristo in the WCHA Final

Old
03-20-2011, 01:04 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
Doesn't really matter cause he'd be signed for 2011-12 and beyond.
True....I'm tired....don't mind me. Funny feeling I had watching ND win....I was happy and immediately after started hating Frattin....freakin Leafs....And MacWilliam could end up a freakin steal on the 7th round for them. I remember watching him during his draft year and he was nothing that special....but I never thought he would have last that long. Could be a real shutdown d-man for them down the road.

Anyway, great experience for Danny. Great to see him coming back strong like that.

Just went to count the contracts on your site....not that I didn't believe you, just that I should have remember to not ask that question and visit one of the greatest site for Habs fans. I really hope most people in here knows about it....Clearly a must and as you already know, I'm visiting this every single day.

Last edited by Whitesnake: 03-20-2011 at 01:15 AM.
Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 01:10 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

im not sure i want Kristo to turn pro next year...would like to see him dominate the wcha/ncaa next year a la Frattins. doesnt look physically ready and had a lot of up and down this season.

will be nice to see him with his buddy Leblanc next year in Hamilton thought

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 01:13 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhldraftvideo View Post
im not sure i want Kristo to turn pro next year...would like to see him dominate the wcha/ncaa next year a la Frattins. doesnt look physically ready and had a lot of up and down this season.

will be nice to see him with his buddy Leblanc next year in Hamilton thought
True. Curiosity makes me want him right away....but logic suggest another year in the NCAA.

You too, my friend, have a tremendous site running right now. Just added you as somebody to follow on Twitter.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 02:09 AM
Guilliam

Quick question, can he sign a try-out and go with the dogs til the end of the year and then go back to university next year?

Guilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 03:26 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
Quick question, can he sign a try-out and go with the dogs til the end of the year and then go back to university next year?
Does a try out pay? If so, i doubt the NCAA allows it.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 03:34 AM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Does a try out pay? If so, i doubt the NCAA allows it.
If I'm not mistaken, they can't even play an NHL exhibition match, forget about playing AHL games in the season/playoffs.

habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 03:38 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
If I'm not mistaken, they can't even play an NHL exhibition match, forget about playing AHL games in the season/playoffs.
Ah, well there you go then. I know that they can't even let the team they're drafted by spring for the airfare to come to prospect/training camps

Old
03-20-2011, 03:40 AM
coolasprICE

did anyone listen to the team990 Friday for details of the Kristo ''frost bite" ? If you didn't here it is... (a reporter from the town he goes to school was on the Melnick show).

Apparently, he was walking to a lady friend late at night, and decided to wear untied tennis shoes.... without sucks! Besides the fact that it was -30.

The only other problem was that he decided to walk across a golf course (short cut) - and at the middle of his trek across, one of his legs sunk right into the ground, waist high, and as he pulled it out, he had lost his shoe.

He then attempted to dig it out, to no avail... During that time of panic, he got the frost bite. After no luck in digging out his shoe, he ran to the girls dorm where he called some friends that took him to the hospital.

He spent the next two days without knowing if he would lose a few toes or not.. In a last ditch effort, doctors gave him 'something' (don't remember what) to help boost the blood flow.... and with luck, it worked.

Moral of the story: don't walk sockless across a golf course in untied tennis shoes at -30 degree temperatures

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 04:07 AM
overlords
Hfboards

I wonder if the girl thought he was stupid or romantic for harrowing the deadly -30 degree winds.

Old
03-20-2011, 04:10 AM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I wonder if the girl thought he was stupid or romantic for harrowing the deadly -30 degree winds.
Likely something in between romantic and stupid...

Horny and desperate?

Old
03-20-2011, 04:12 AM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Now that is some story. Remember kids. Wear some socks. The good ol' wool kind. And boots.

Well at least now, when he's much older, can tell a story that starts with, "kiddo, when I was your age, I walked 15 miles in knee deep snow, barefooted..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post

Horny and desperate?
"I walked 15 miles to tap that"
a Danny Kristo story.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 10:11 AM
Fortheloveofthegame

Great to see Kristo back playing, and playing strong! If he had not had the "frostbite" set back, I would guess he may have signed at the end of this season. He is an exciting player to watch, has just a a few "brain farts" outside of the rink, as some young men do in college. One more year of maturity both physically and mentally should make a huge difference.

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 11:35 AM
Kboum

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
Great to see Kristo back playing, and playing strong! If he had not had the "frostbite" set back, I would guess he may have signed at the end of this season. He is an exciting player to watch, has just a a few "brain farts" outside of the rink, as some young men do in college. One more year of maturity both physically and mentally should make a huge difference.
Yup I don't think he's ready to get millions and be in the biggest hockey market in the world right now.

His play is AHL ready... him and Leblanc would be great in Hamilton like back in the USHL days but he needs to gain muscle.... but gosh... is he fast... wow.. The kid has wheels.. Fun to watch him play. So will be fun to see what the organization suggest him : NCAA where he'll be a force or AHL and lear a full year with Leblanc (I think thats my choice)

Avstin, Leblanc, Fortier, Conboy, Palushaj, Leblanc, Kristo, Trunev ??, Engqvist.. we could have a nice offensive team next year

Kboum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 11:38 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Just went to count the contracts on your site....not that I didn't believe you, just that I should have remember to not ask that question and visit one of the greatest site for Habs fans. I really hope most people in here knows about it....Clearly a must and as you already know, I'm visiting this every single day.
Seconded. Every Habs fan who even remotely cares about prospects should have his site bookmarked.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 12:40 PM
Dr_Hook

I couldn't read it anywhere, but did Kristo came to the arena wearing appropriate footwear ? That would be a very positive stride in his development

Dr_Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 02:12 PM
TinordiandSubban

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post

Horny and desperate?
I've run a mile through the snow to answer a booty call when she was ready to go.

But I put some proper boots on first! Does that make me less romantic?

TinordiandSubban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 02:20 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Thanks...but that's great and freaking tough to watch....

If I may...who are your ND twitter friends?
Not me...but you're welcome.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 02:34 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

That must have ben some chick

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 02:44 PM
Iwishihadacup

Come on guys, who never did something stupid for a booty call?

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 02:51 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle West View Post
I've run a mile through the snow to answer a booty call when she was ready to go.

But I put some proper boots on first! Does that make me less romantic?
No, it means you practice safe sex

Old
03-20-2011, 08:10 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Now that is some story. Remember kids. Wear some socks. The good ol' wool kind. And boots.

Well at least now, when he's much older, can tell a story that starts with, "kiddo, when I was your age, I walked 15 miles in knee deep snow, barefooted..."

"I walked 15 miles to tap that"
a Danny Kristo story.

''The night I took my foot/toes and hockey career for granted because of sheer stupidity'' (accidents happen, but...).

I want the best for Kristo (bright future with our Habs), but...what he did was so careless.

If I'm his parents...I'm hugging him 'cause he's healthy and well, but I'm also giving him lots of crap 'cause he probably came so close to losing his foot or toes. And for what? (lots of girls in Montreal). And just imagine if he had lost his toe or foot...what an absolutely ridiculous story of bad luck it would have been. His hockey career could also have been finished.

Anyways, glad he's doing well. Go get 'em next year, Kristo!! (get yourself some big boots with straps and laces so it can't come off so easily...you silly twit!!). Go get 'em with the Bulldogs next year (on a line with Leblanc...speedster line).

And about tapping...there will be lots of tap dancing in Montreal...it's the city of tapping!!

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 03-20-2011 at 08:16 PM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote