HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Hypothetical: Crosby to the Canucks

View Poll Results: Do you make that move?
Yes 18 45.00%
No 22 55.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-20-2011, 10:47 AM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 50
I'd rather have Ovechkin than Crosby, but neither are worth the Sedins.

Crosby may be a generational talent, but the Sedin is unprecedented. Watching them work is unique and should be savoured, it won't happen again (although there are triplets that form a line in Victoria minor hockey).

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 02:57 PM
Chobomin

vCash: 500
As a fan of the Canucks, it's a toss-up.

But the OP's question was, "If you were the GM of the Canucks", then the answer is unequivocally yes. Think of the marketability of Sid in a huge Canadian market, the money from merchandise alone would flow like the Fraser. No disrespect to the twins, but a good ol' Canadian boy in a Canadian hockey market would be, as Charlie Sheen would say, winning.

Chobomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 06:12 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
Find me a Sidney Crosby without health issues (PCS) and I'll examine this trade. Since there aren't any I'm not able to make this decision.

me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 06:18 PM
TacitEndorsement

If you voted no you don't know what the term asset management means.

TacitEndorsement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 07:38 PM
vadim sharifijanov

eddie johnston: that john cullen is a great player. is he available?

craig patrick: yes. but it'll cost you ron francis.

EJ: are you drunk? that's my captain and the face of our franchise. he's the most important player on this team and he's a 100 point scorer.

CP: but john cullen is also a complete player and proven leader, plus he's younger and has already scored ten more points in a season than francis ever has. francis has a lot of miles on him, you know. wouldn't be surprised if he falls off the face of the earth in a couple of years.

[seven years later]

CP: eddie, i love you man. ronnie is fifth in league scoring, and he's 34. by the way, whatever happened to that cullen guy?

EJ: he was good for a while, but head and neck injuries took their toll and we eventually turfed him for a second round pick. sad story, he's been out all year receiving radiation treatment for cancer.

CP: sucks, bra. don't worry, your luck will turn around. [winks]

EJ: i doubt that craig. aren't we having this meeting because you're about to fire me?

CP: say, how would you like to move upstairs and be my assistant GM? so long as you've learned that the grass isn't always greener.

moral of the story: if gillis wants an assistant GM job in pittsburgh someday, he might want to think about trading the sedins, who in this scenario have just won back to back art ross trophies and led their team to a president's trophy and the finals, for crosby.

vadim sharifijanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 07:49 PM
CASUAL KEV
Jack Adams™

You have to factor in we do save cap space with Crosby and as much as I love Henrik, Crosby is waaaaay better. We could use the saved cap space to sign a good winger to play with Crosby. Not to mention the huge jersey sales the team would get.

CASUAL KEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 08:06 PM
serge2k
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuKer View Post
You have to factor in we do save cap space with Crosby and as much as I love Henrik, Crosby is waaaaay better. We could use the saved cap space to sign a good winger to play with Crosby. Not to mention the huge jersey sales the team would get.
Plus we would get a ton of LTIR space.

serge2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 08:22 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
I'd take this deal in a heartbeat. Crosby is a winner, and is the best player in the world. He's only 23 years old and can dominate the game like no other. He's a generational talent. Anyone saying they wouldn't do this is seriously kidding themselves and showing blind loyalty to the Sedins.

The Sedins are great players, no doubt, but they're not generational talents, they're not proven winners, and they simply don't dominate the game like Crosby does with the consistency he does.