HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal music festivals (Heavy MTL/Osheaga etc.)

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2011, 12:58 PM
overlords
Hfboards

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
I know it's not the good thread but I don't feel like creating a new one and since Heavy MTL and Osheaga take place about @ same place and same time: heard Foo Fighters are coming to Osheaga this summer. That would be nice!
Thanks for not creating a new thread, appreciated .

Old
03-19-2011, 01:28 PM
93gilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Comon, kiss was alright in their PRIME, they've got nothing to put on that stage that a current band can't bring.

And agreed about billy talent. The first heavy MTL had dethklok, right? Now we have some pop-punk **** band? I've started to wonder if heavy MTl should really be a yearly thing. They should only do it when they've got a solid lineup, this year's is shaping up to hardly even be worth a 30$ entry fee.

I think KoRn only has 2 of their original members left. They really need to call it quits, about 3 albums ago.
if day 1 headliners are billy talent, disturbed and godsmack and day 2 is kiss and motorhead they really dropped the ball and should have waited till next year. i like godsmack and motorhead but a METAL festival headlined by kiss and billy talent is a joke

Old
03-19-2011, 01:30 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93gilmour93 View Post
if day 1 headliners are billy talent, disturbed and godsmack and day 2 is kiss and motorhead they really dropped the ball and should have waited till next year. i like godsmack and motorhead but a METAL festival headlined by kiss and billy talent is a joke
When my gf saw billy talent mentioned she said ' what? did they kick them out of warped tour?'

Old
03-19-2011, 01:32 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

Quote:
dont bring kiss into that equation.
Heavy mtl isnt a strictly metal festival, it does state its a hard rock festival. Is Alice Cooper metal?

Kiss is a legendary band, and while past their prime, they can still stand the test of time. Better them than Korn.

Old
03-19-2011, 01:59 PM
93gilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
dont bring kiss into that equation.
Heavy mtl isnt a strictly metal festival, it does state its a hard rock festival. Is Alice Cooper metal?

Kiss is a legendary band, and while past their prime, they can still stand the test of time. Better them than Korn.
kiss isn't even hard rock really but more rock and billy talent is just crap. the only reason cooper was there last year is because rob zombie was a headline act and they were touring together so he found his way into the festival.

Old
03-19-2011, 06:51 PM
PaganKnight

Another Rumor have Children of Boredom and My Darkness Hour

For KoRn, I was suppose to quit after Freak on a Leash but their setlist was full of old song so I stay till the end. Let just say i'm glad that my cousin wedding's the same time than the stupid Mayhem Festival on the first day. One thing for sure they need to put some Pagan or if you prefer Folk Metal to get the crowd crazy and stop that stupid amount of Metalcore band who bring 14 years old children.

Old
03-19-2011, 06:54 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaganKnight View Post
Another Rumor have Children of Boredom and My Darkness Hour

For KoRn, I was suppose to quit after Freak on a Leash but their setlist was full of old song so I stay till the end.
Love bodom's old stuff, their newer more american/industrial stuff is not my cup of tea. I got excited for a second and thought you said 'darkest hour' and not 'my darkest hour'. Sad face.

Bodom makes sense for this show, they'll be touring for their new album soon and they always fill up whatever venue they're playing at here in quebec.

Old
03-19-2011, 06:59 PM
PaganKnight

Quote:
Love bodom's old stuff, their newer more american/industrial stuff is not my cup of tea. I got excited for a second and thought you said 'darkest hour' and not 'my darkest hour'. Sad face.

Bodom makes sense for this show, they'll be touring for their new album soon and they always fill up whatever venue they're playing at here in quebec.
My bad it's Darkest Hour sorry I just see that from a website who where making in french some game to find the name. Here's the part

- Un groupe qui aime bien sortir un as de pique de son jeu…

- Un groupe qui a du talent…

- Un groupe qui comprend des enfants près d’un lac finlandais…

- Un groupe qui sonne une heure sombre…

The first one is Motorhead (for Ace of Spades), Second One Billy Talent, Third one Childre of Bodom and the last One Darkest hour like you say

Old
03-19-2011, 07:03 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
My bad it's Darkest Hour sorry I just see that from a website who where making in french some game to find the name. Here's the part

- Un groupe qui aime bien sortir un as de pique de son jeu…

- Un groupe qui a du talent…

- Un groupe qui comprend des enfants près d’un lac finlandais…

- Un groupe qui sonne une heure sombre…

The first one is Motorhead (for Ace of Spades), Second One Billy Talent, Third one Childre of Bodom and the last One Darkest hour like you say
Darkest hour has some fantastic stuff. Only started listening to them about a year ago, but the album ' undoing ruin' is fantastic. I very rarely listen to american metal bands and i don't like the metal/scream/insertwhatevertag-core music scene, but darkest hour managed to blend quite a few elements that I really enjoy.

Bodom's albums Hatebreeder and Follow the Reaper are fantastic as well. Steady decline since then.

Old
03-19-2011, 07:06 PM
PaganKnight

Quote:
Darkest hour has some fantastic stuff. Only started listening to them about a year ago, but the album ' undoing ruin' is fantastic. I very rarely listen to american metal bands and i don't like the metal/scream/insertwhatevertag-core music scene, but darkest hour managed to blend quite a few elements that I really enjoy.

Bodom's albums Hatebreeder and Follow the Reaper are fantastic as well. Steady decline since then.
The problem with Bodom's their Setlist... They're always Terrible. They will put like one song for Hatebreeder and Follow the reaper and then go with their borring new stuff.

Old
03-19-2011, 07:19 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
The problem with Bodom's their Setlist... They're always Terrible. They will put like one song for Hatebreeder and Follow the reaper and then go with their borring new stuff.
Really? I've seen them live 4 times and the last time was when they came with LoG i was surprised at how little of the new stuff they were playing. They opened with Hate Me I think. They always put on good shows, no matter how drunk they are. The solo duels are great and I appreciate that they don't put on the whole ' we're tough and evil' ******** act most euro metal bands do.

Old
03-19-2011, 07:30 PM
PaganKnight

Quote:
Really? I've seen them live 4 times and the last time was when they came with LoG i was surprised at how little of the new stuff they were playing. They opened with Hate Me I think. They always put on good shows, no matter how drunk they are. The solo duels are great and I appreciate that they don't put on the whole ' we're tough and evil' ******** act most euro metal bands do.
I have to say I only seen them while they were not headliners. Like they'll be if they're in Heavy MTL so I have not high expectation for them. And I also hate the young crowd who scream like little girl like last time I seen them that's a reason why I have not enjoy the show too.

For the Whole tough and Evil haha so True, Black Metal band are a Joke just for that. Belphegor was funny just because of that. Try some Folk, Pagan they're more happy on scene and it have some gigue pit which are a Blast. They're as good as a good old Wall of Death hehe.

Last edited by PaganKnight: 03-19-2011 at 07:37 PM.
Old
03-20-2011, 10:13 AM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
I know it's not the good thread but I don't feel like creating a new one and since Heavy MTL and Osheaga take place about @ same place and same time: heard Foo Fighters are coming to Osheaga this summer. That would be nice!
Foo Fighters? Bah. So far there aren't many bands leaked. Kinda sucks.

Old
03-20-2011, 11:53 AM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
Quote:
Comon, kiss was alright in their PRIME, they've got nothing to put on that stage that a current band can't bring.
KISS? Talk about being a shell of your former self.

Gene and Paul are getting old and ravaged. Ace and Peter, the two other originals, aren't even there anymore and they have Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer to replace them on lead guitar and drums. Tommy Thayer is a twangy piece of crap that is happy making peanuts, just so he can imitate his hero Ace, while Eric is a freakin' ape on drums. The politics alone nowadays is ****** with the band too. Gene and Paul talk to each others through their agents, and the two others are just scabs that bring Gene his coffee, do anything he wants and get paid like employees or session musicians.

I can get a lot more into them, but I'll save myself the stress. Simply put, if they ever appear at a festival I'm at, I'll take that chance to go to the bathroom or get a snack.

Old
03-20-2011, 01:28 PM
93gilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post

Gene and Paul are getting old and ravaged. Ace and Peter, the two other originals, aren't even there anymore and they have Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer to replace them on lead guitar and drums. Tommy Thayer is a twangy piece of crap that is happy making peanuts, just so he can imitate his hero Ace, while Eric is a freakin' ape on drums. The politics alone nowadays is ****** with the band too. Gene and Paul talk to each others through their agents, and the two others are just scabs that bring Gene his coffee, do anything he wants and get paid like employees or session musicians.

I can get a lot more into them, but I'll save myself the stress. Simply put, if they ever appear at a festival I'm at, I'll take that chance to go to the bathroom or get a snack.
well said. kiss have no buisness at a festival like heavy mtl. they will use a flashy stage show to maybe make some people at the show forget they dropped the ball on a headliner for this style of show.

Old
03-20-2011, 01:34 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:

Completely agree, well said.

Old
03-20-2011, 03:33 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

just asking, the guys bashing kiss, have you seen them play lately?
i saw them at the BC 2 years ago and was very good. and i go to alot of shows.
they can still put on a great stage show, and their music is still relevant.

Old
03-20-2011, 05:42 PM
93gilmour93

Quote:
i saw them last year at bluesfest. good live show but still no business at this festival

Old
03-20-2011, 08:11 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

Quote:
i saw them last year at bluesfest. good live show but still no business at this festival
again, its a hard rock festival.

Old
03-20-2011, 08:14 PM
93gilmour93

Quote:
no, bluesfest is a real all music festival. there were rap artists playing on the same day as kiss. i'm pretty sure snoop dogg isn't at heavy mtl.

Old
03-20-2011, 08:26 PM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
Quote:
My wife saw them five times, twice in New York.

As for me, never. As for now, never plan to. I've watched tapes and tapes and DVDs of them in their best years, live concerts and session recordings. They were a band in the 70s and then things got sour by 79. When they came back to Montreal, with Peter on drums but Thayer, my wife gritted her teeth, ignored Tommy and had her eyes settled on Peter. She actually got to meet Peter's wife, who approached my wife in the crowd since she was the only one in that section wearing Peter's make-up, and exchanged a few words with her before handing her a personally signed guitar pick.

If you ignore what the band use to be, and just imagine them as a brand new band and focus mainly on Gene, Paul and all the lights, explosions and gimmicks, then maybe you will enjoy it.

Too much crap for me to enjoy it though. Like I said, the politics alone, and what Gene and Paul did to Peter and Ace, I simply cannot enjoy a live show or any new material they release today.

Old
03-20-2011, 08:39 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

Quote:
was talkin about Heavy MTL

Old
03-20-2011, 08:51 PM
93gilmour93

Quote:
was talkin about Heavy MTL
hard rock or heavy metal. kiss is neither.

Old
03-20-2011, 08:57 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

Quote:
hard rock or heavy metal. kiss is neither.
thats your opinion
im not talking about "do you love me"

but cold gin, she, god of thunder, love gun, etc is 10000x's better than any song than probably the majority of the bands that will play.

im not concerned of who they are now, how old they are, how money hungry they are, because if you take the time to think about those things, you would probably dislike most of the bands who ever released a record. Bands like Kiss revolutionized hard rock and metal.

im not a huge kiss fan, but the flack they get is unwarranted. if you pay to go see a show you need to be entertained. i dont want to listen to the song from the record played the same way with no show & jam. might as well stay home.

Old
03-20-2011, 09:29 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
My wife saw them five times, twice in New York.

As for me, never. As for now, never plan to. I've watched tapes and tapes and DVDs of them in their best years, live concerts and session recordings. They were a band in the 70s and then things got sour by 79. When they came back to Montreal, with Peter on drums but Thayer, my wife gritted her teeth, ignored Tommy and had her eyes settled on Peter. She actually got to meet Peter's wife, who approached my wife in the crowd since she was the only one in that section wearing Peter's make-up, and exchanged a few words with her before handing her a personally signed guitar pick.

If you ignore what the band use to be, and just imagine them as a brand new band and focus mainly on Gene, Paul and all the lights, explosions and gimmicks, then maybe you will enjoy it.

Too much crap for me to enjoy it though. Like I said, the politics alone, and what Gene and Paul did to Peter and Ace, I simply cannot enjoy a live show or any new material they release today.
Your wife is Lois Griffin.

Closed Thread