HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

F.A's..... It all starts tommorow...

Closed Thread

Old
07-31-2005, 07:29 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr7andcounting
5 players I'd sign if I could are Domi, Leetch, Aucoin, Mironov, Rucinsky. Hopefully all to really short deals.

Maybe Zubov, especially if we don't bring Leetch back.

Trade Poti for a decent young forward...hopefully someone has an RFA that they can't sign.

Deadmarsh is he's healthy enough to play?

Send Purinton back to high school hockey...he's useless now that the game is faster and he can't tackle people as he's falling down.

Rucinsky-Nylander-Jagr
trade for Poti-Lundmark-Balej
Deadmarsh/Wiseman/Giroux-Immonen-Ortmeyer
Murray-Betts-Domi

Aucoin-Kasparaitis
Leetch-Tyutin
Pock-Mironov
Strudwick, Kondratiev

Weekes
LaBarbera/Lundqvist

Plus that lineup is probably a decent amount below the cap.

With the amount of depth on D, why not switch Poti to LW. He is a dman that cant play defense, at least if he was a LW, hed prolly score 50 points a season, and not have to work bout defense all that much. Heck if Strudwick can play forward and D, then Poti who has more skill should be able to do the same.

Old
07-31-2005, 09:12 PM
nyr7andcounting

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones
I'm not sure but I think Deadmarsh has a serious medical condition and is done.
Your guys aren't bad but forget about Mironov. A good free agent right now would
be Hrdina who is 29 and apparently has not been qualified by New Jersey. I like Domi. He's a goon who can skate and is not a bad player. He's not a 4th liner on this team. That's where Ortmeyer belongs. Back to Hrdina--he can do a lot of things. He's a smart player. And he's a bit younger--more in the age range that I think we need to look at.
Hrdina isn't bad, I must have looked over him as I was going through the teams UFA's on tsn. I would take him instead of Rucinsky, or take both and trade Poti for a center instead of a winger...I don't think Lundmark is ever going to be a 2nd line center anyway.

Old
07-31-2005, 09:14 PM
nyr7andcounting

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
With the amount of depth on D, why not switch Poti to LW. He is a dman that cant play defense, at least if he was a LW, hed prolly score 50 points a season, and not have to work bout defense all that much. Heck if Strudwick can play forward and D, then Poti who has more skill should be able to do the same.
Because he has more value as a defenseman...we can get a pretty good winger for him I'd bet. I'd rather have Leetch and a solid winger than Leetch with Poti playing wing...if he can even make the move, who knows. But anyway, the winger you are going to get in a trade for Poti is better than Poti would ever be as a winger. That's why you trade him instead of moving him to forward

Old
07-31-2005, 11:02 PM
Janerixon

The rangers should target a few UFA's such as rucinsky, rathje, hrdina (who has always been a ranger killer), and a McCarty

lundmark-nylander-jagr
rucinsky-immonen-balej
giroux-hrdina-mcCarty
murray-betts/moore-ortmeyer

kasper-tyutin
poti-rathje
?-lampman

weekes-labarbera/lundqvist

Sc: purinton, strudwick, ?

the rangers are gonna sign players, rucinsky is a sather favorite, id just rather see him on a line with 2 younger players than going with a kid line

hrdina is a very viable option for 3rd line center who can net some points here and there and be responsible defensively

McCarty is for grit, muscle, and experience... he is the wild card of players id sign, he could show up and be a leader or he could just come here for a paycheck? who knows, but id be willing to risk it

Rathje is my top UFA, he will get offers as was mentioned so we may have to make it a bit more lucrative, but one thing is clear tom poti will be back here, and i want him playing with a solid stay at home d-man who can log some minutes, play a mean game, and make a good outlet pass, rathje is that guy

i still have a question mark on D, that could be strudwick, purinton, maybe pock (but id dont think we will see two kids together), maybe kondratiev, but most likely i think slats will sign a mironov or another ufa d-man

id love to sign leetch but he isnt coming back unless mess is and i dont see that

Old
07-31-2005, 11:08 PM
broadwayblue

what has lundmark done to make him a first liner? heck, he hasn't even proven himself worthy of second line material. i'm not saying he can't step up his game, but just how much is expected from him out of the gate?

Old
07-31-2005, 11:20 PM
SML

I think you're way off on McCarty. He had an alcohol issue years ago but has been clean for a long time and has proven that by being a leader on a team full of hall of famers. Everybody has a past and they all can't be good. How would you like to be turned down for a job when you're 30 because the employer has a photo of you doing a funnel at a kegger your freshman year of college? If you don't want McCarty let it be because he's not the right fit for the team. The issues Fleury has are a TOTALLY different situation and go waaaaay deeper than a young guy with a ton of cash enjoying a little too much night life.

Old
08-01-2005, 10:24 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML
I think you're way off on McCarty. He had an alcohol issue years ago but has been clean for a long time and has proven that by being a leader on a team full of hall of famers. Everybody has a past and they all can't be good. How would you like to be turned down for a job when you're 30 because the employer has a photo of you doing a funnel at a kegger your freshman year of college? If you don't want McCarty let it be because he's not the right fit for the team. The issues Fleury has are a TOTALLY different situation and go waaaaay deeper than a young guy with a ton of cash enjoying a little too much night life.
I'm not too worried about McCarty finding employment. There will be teams looking at him. And I don't mean to say he's a bad guy. He might be fine if we weren't going to be rebuilding like we are. I would just stay away from people with pasts in this situation.
On Hrdina (although he's not really a 1st line player) in Pittsburgh he did play with Jagr for a stretch on that line.

Old
08-01-2005, 01:11 PM
eco's bones

Another forward I wouldn't mind would be Scatchard. He's a legitimate 3rd liner and 29. He gets hurt now and again but he's big and he plays hard and I wouldn't think he'd be that expensive. He's also capable of knocking in 15 or so goals a year. Martin Skoula is also apparently up for grabs and might be worth looking at.

Closed Thread