HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Flyers have worst farm system in NHL

Old
03-21-2011, 12:14 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

vCash: 500
I liked Ossi....f da haters

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 12:16 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I liked Ossi....f da haters
I was fine with him too... but he was also playing 20 minutes a night for that team, which is absurd.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 12:22 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I was fine with him too... but he was also playing 20 minutes a night for that team, which is absurd.
Ya, I agree. Kinda sucked that he went from 20 mins a night though, to waiver wire =/

I thought he would have been a solid 3rd pairing guy.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 01:15 PM
mirimon

Väänänen would have been fine as a 6/7 guy. Problem was, as Jester noted, that we had a bunch of those.

I remember having an argument on another board about this. I wanted us to trade one or two forwards to bolster the defense (I think I had Knuble and/or Lupul as my preferred choices). I was probably overrating Downie and Giroux at that time though.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 02:07 PM
flyersfan018

vCash: 50
Hell, if Homer listened to me we would be set goalie wise.
A couple years ago the names I wanted the Flyers to go after were Rask/Schneider/Pavelec. Now, the asking price would be too high.

flyersfan018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 02:20 PM
mirimon

Yeah, it's easy being an armchair GM. Too bad it doesn't pay much though...

Regarding goalies it's probably a good thing Homer's never listened to me. I wanted us to sign Jonas Gustavsson two years ago.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 02:37 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan018 View Post
Hell, if Homer listened to me we would be set goalie wise.
A couple years ago the names I wanted the Flyers to go after were Rask/Schneider/Pavelec. Now, the asking price would be too high.
Schneider was one of the guys I have had on my radar for awhile, could have made a package deal out of it including Carter.

But the guy who I really think they could have gotten during the offseason was Jonathan Quick and Justin Williams for Carter. Could have even done at the time Quick and 1st for Carter, considering how valuable perennial 40 goal scorers are in the league.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 02:40 PM
mm6492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Schneider was one of the guys I have had on my radar for awhile, could have made a package deal out of it including Carter.

But the guy who I really think they could have gotten during the offseason was Jonathan Quick and Justin Williams for Carter. Could have even done at the time Quick and 1st for Carter, considering how valuable perennial 40 goal scorers are in the league.

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 02:44 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:

As much as I like Schneider, a deal involving Carter with him as the bigger piece coming the other way wouldn't make sense. For an unproven goaltending prospect, you need another good roster player in the deal to be worth a proven commodity like Carter. I'm not sure who I'd expect coming the other way, but it would have to have been a bigger name than Schneider, I'd think. I'd have been interested in Quick, too.

Either way, it looks like we lucked out with Bob, so I'm sort of glad we didn't make a blockbuster deal for a goalie. I'm still not that happy with our goaltending situation in the immediate future, but it's better than overpayment and could be stable moving forward. We'll see how this postseason goes.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 02:59 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Could have even done at the time Quick and 1st for Carter, considering how valuable perennial 40 goal scorers are in the league.
Dude you are shameless....kind of funny though

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote