HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Staal and McD not practicing (Up: Both are alright)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-21-2011, 01:21 PM
  #26
Dagoon44
Registered User
 
Dagoon44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,885
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
I am going to say this one more time. He for sure had a concussion from the hit and dirty hit I might added his brother laid into him, Now i would think he got his bell rung again vs Canadians and he is being held out. The NHL is cracking down on head injuries and the Rangers are really acting weird sounds like a concussion to me.

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 01:22 PM
  #27
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Ogrodnick View Post
Rangers have 3 days off between Boston and Buffalo, so giving Johnson a start in either of the next 2 games gives Henrik a relatively light workload for the next 8 days.
Perfect and exactly what I meant. One game off in this stretch gives him a legitimate break before the playoffs. Sucks Biron went down but they need to find a way to give him a day off while maximizing its effectiveness because I think 1 is all they can afford to allow.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 01:23 PM
  #28
Giglio NYR15
Section 417
 
Giglio NYR15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Ogrodnick View Post
Rangers have 3 days off between Boston and Buffalo, so giving Johnson a start in either of the next 2 games gives Henrik a relatively light workload for the next 8 days.
Yea I agree.......if theres a game you can give henrik the night off, its either tomorrow night or thursday.

As for staal, im terrified if its the knee

Giglio NYR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 01:23 PM
  #29
Jackson Ranger
Registered User
 
Jackson Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 2,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deric View Post
Concussion or maybe vision problems since his eye seemed messed up after the high stick??
I might as well add to the speculation. If he is walking fine, then it doesn't sound like his knee injury is acting up.

I would lean towards Deric's comments of a concussion or an eye injury. Maybe his brother's hit is coming back to haunt him?

Jackson Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 01:47 PM
  #30
beef 4 lunch
Registered User
 
beef 4 lunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
I am going to say this one more time. He for sure had a concussion from the hit and dirty hit I might added his brother laid into him, Now i would think he got his bell rung again vs Canadians and he is being held out. The NHL is cracking down on head injuries and the Rangers are really acting weird sounds like a concussion to me.
I was only half-joking when i said the same thing. The "knee injury" claim was bogus and not the main reason he sat out.

beef 4 lunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 01:50 PM
  #31
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,406
vCash: 500
Confident they can beat both FLA and OTT without Staal. Let the guy rest up since he's too important for the long term

I agree it's likely a concussion though. His Brother is a dink

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 01:54 PM
  #32
Darrelle Lundqvist
Swagelin
 
Darrelle Lundqvist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Ranger View Post
I might as well add to the speculation. If he is walking fine, then it doesn't sound like his knee injury is acting up.

I would lean towards Deric's comments of a concussion or an eye injury. Maybe his brother's hit is coming back to haunt him?
I sure hope not

Darrelle Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 02:06 PM
  #33
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,442
vCash: 500
Considering they shut Gaborik down (and told everyone about it) when he got a concussion, I have a hard time believing this is some lingering effect from a concussion the Rangers covered up. Doesn't make much sense to cover up one injury but not another unless you just really can't let go of conspiracy theories.

I don't know what this one is about but they were really careful with Gaborik and if you believe Staal got a concussion from his brothers hit and that the Rangers covered it up and that this is a continuation of that, then I don't know how you reconcile the two situations with any sort of logic.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 02:12 PM
  #34
LetsGoBlueshirts
Registered User
 
LetsGoBlueshirts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Joisey
Country: United States
Posts: 499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Perfect and exactly what I meant. One game off in this stretch gives him a legitimate break before the playoffs. Sucks Biron went down but they need to find a way to give him a day off while maximizing its effectiveness because I think 1 is all they can afford to allow.
You CANNOT start Johnson against Buffalo, they are right there with us in the standings. Do you really want to start him against Boston? Guy hasn't played an NHL game all season. I'm sticking with Hank until its clinched, if that happens, then I rest Hank.

Just because we won two games doesn't make the playoffs a certainty, Carolina could be 4 pts back (if they win their game in hand) very easily.

LetsGoBlueshirts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 02:13 PM
  #35
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,785
vCash: 500
Concussion? Staal was on the Pittsburgh trip. The Rangers would not have allowed him to fly to Pittsburgh with a concussion. They would have left Staal home.

Shoulder?Rib?

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 02:20 PM
  #36
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Concussion? Staal was on the Pittsburgh trip. The Rangers would not have allowed him to fly to Pittsburgh with a concussion. They would have left Staal home.

Shoulder?Rib?
Could even be a slash to the hand no one saw, etc.

People just want to think it's a lingering concussion because he got pretty hard by his brother but it doesn't square with how the Rangers have handled concussions for their other players. It doesn't make sense that they'd hide a Staal concussion but openly talk about Gaborik's and his recovery.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 02:32 PM
  #37
Janerixon
Registered User
 
Janerixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Could even be a slash to the hand no one saw, etc.

People just want to think it's a lingering concussion because he got pretty hard by his brother but it doesn't square with how the Rangers have handled concussions for their other players. It doesn't make sense that they'd hide a Staal concussion but openly talk about Gaborik's and his recovery.
I don't think it is a concussion, could be a shoulder, rib, pulled muscle, deep bruise, who knows. As I said before whose to say he didn't mess his knee up again at some point in the Habs game, just because there is no limp doesn't mean it can't hurt when he is skating. It is odd they aren't giving any details and that does bother me a bit, but if it was a concussion he definitely would not have been on the flight as Rangerboy said.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 02:38 PM
  #38
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Could even be a slash to the hand no one saw, etc.

People just want to think it's a lingering concussion because he got pretty hard by his brother but it doesn't square with how the Rangers have handled concussions for their other players. It doesn't make sense that they'd hide a Staal concussion but openly talk about Gaborik's and his recovery.
Quote:
Staal played 28:03 against the Canadiens on Friday night. He was cut by Dan Girardi’s stick – on a play when Staal actually was called for high-sticking – but did not mention any significant health problems after the game. He did miss his final shift of that game, as Dan Girardi played the final 39 seconds with Ryan McDonagh on the left side instead of Staal.

The last shift that Staal played ended with Vinny Prospal’s power-play goal. Staal had the secondary assist on that play, and there did not appear to be anything wrong as he passed to Dan Girardi to set up the blast that Prospal deflected.
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/ran...-in-pittsburgh

Regarding a concussion,can a team even fail to disclose a concussion in this current NHL climate? The NHL GMs and Bettman just spent 3 days discussing concussions and putting in new protocol.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 02:43 PM
  #39
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
I am going to say this one more time. He for sure had a concussion from the hit and dirty hit I might added his brother laid into him, Now i would think he got his bell rung again vs Canadians and he is being held out. The NHL is cracking down on head injuries and the Rangers are really acting weird sounds like a concussion to me.
Doubt it.

That was a while ago. He wouldnt have played if it was that serious.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 02:45 PM
  #40
beef 4 lunch
Registered User
 
beef 4 lunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Could even be a slash to the hand no one saw, etc.

People just want to think it's a lingering concussion because he got pretty hard by his brother but it doesn't square with how the Rangers have handled concussions for their other players. It doesn't make sense that they'd hide a Staal concussion but openly talk about Gaborik's and his recovery.
Stall got rocked less than one week before the trade deadline. What impact would news about our #1 D's head injury done to our market price for a d-man? Im totally guessing here but that MIGHT be motivation to keep it hush hush.

but ya, good point on the flight.

beef 4 lunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 02:48 PM
  #41
Dagoon44
Registered User
 
Dagoon44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,885
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Doubt it.

That was a while ago. He wouldnt have played if it was that serious.
I agree what I ment to say was it may have been a hit or the shot to the eye that made it flare up again, Sometimes you get one and the next one is not hard to get trust me I had 11 (insert your jokes now)

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 02:50 PM
  #42
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beef 4 lunch View Post
Stall got rocked less than one week before the trade deadline. What impact would news about our #1 D's head injury done to our market price for a d-man? Im totally guessing here but that MIGHT be motivation to keep it hush hush.

but ya, good point on the flight.
And instead report it as a knee injury, another injury that can linger and cause guys to miss significant amounts of time?

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 02:59 PM
  #43
CH2
Registered User
 
CH2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 1,360
vCash: 500
Maybe Staal got a cortisone shot in his knee or something? It's been said there's no limp, but Prospal didn't really have a limp when he was out with his knee thing.

CH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 03:25 PM
  #44
WhiskeyDeke
Shut up, Keith.
 
WhiskeyDeke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Va
Country: United States
Posts: 638
vCash: 500
From Twitter:

JoshRimerHockey Josh Rimer

more bad news for Cooke! Ryan McDonagh held out of practice today with Tortorella saying Ryan is not fine

WhiskeyDeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 03:27 PM
  #45
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Wolf View Post
From Twitter:

JoshRimerHockey Josh Rimer

more bad news for Cooke! Ryan McDonagh held out of practice today with Tortorella saying Ryan is not fine
Nah he's got that backwards. Staal was reported as "not fine", McDonagh is reported as fine.

Quote:
The one solid bit of news so far is that while Ryan McDonagh was held out of today’s practice for precautionary reasons, coach John Tortorella said the rookie defensive will be “fine” and expects him to play tomorrow night against the Panthers.
http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/rangerrants/

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 03:29 PM
  #46
WhiskeyDeke
Shut up, Keith.
 
WhiskeyDeke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Va
Country: United States
Posts: 638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Nah he's got that backwards. Staal was reported as "not fine", McDonagh is reported as fine.



http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/rangerrants/

Ah, good. I'll reply to the guy...

WhiskeyDeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 03:57 PM
  #47
gravytrain6t
Registered User
 
gravytrain6t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
I agree what I ment to say was it may have been a hit or the shot to the eye that made it flare up again, Sometimes you get one and the next one is not hard to get trust me I had 11 (insert your jokes now)
I think if the stick to the face or a body check was enough to make concussion symptoms flare up again, he by no means should have been in the game anyway. Wouldn't the doctor have told Tortorella he's too vulnerable right now?

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 04:04 PM
  #48
abev
HFBoards Sponsor
 
abev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,582
vCash: 500
You guys are funny that you still think it's a knee injury.

Oh no wait the first hit by Eric to the upper body caused a knee injury then the stick to the head Friday night caused another knee injury.

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 04:10 PM
  #49
Janerixon
Registered User
 
Janerixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
You guys are funny that you still think it's a knee injury.

Oh no wait the first hit by Eric to the upper body caused a knee injury then the stick to the head Friday night caused another knee injury.
And normally you get on planes to travel with the team when you have symptoms from a concussion, right? Just ask Gaborik when he had a concussion and he was left behind when the team traveled to Carolina...

Staal was seen walking with a limp according to Spector/Gross the next day after the Carolina game, so enjoy your conspiracy theory.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 04:11 PM
  #50
ecemleafs
Registered User
 
ecemleafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 10,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
You guys are funny that you still think it's a knee injury.

Oh no wait the first hit by Eric to the upper body caused a knee injury then the stick to the head Friday night caused another knee injury.
that game against carolina was where staal injured his knee. he was not injured on the hit but was clearly involved in an incident during the game where he twisted his knee wrong and was limping around the ice afterwards.

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.